Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Is there a gameplay video or is there only the anime pictures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Ghost of a Tale seems to have stalled with 11 days to go. Here's hoping it makes it as the premise and talent seems sound.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

AllanGordon posted:

Is there a gameplay video or is there only the anime pictures?

Do you really need anything other than those breasts to get your money?

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Anaxite posted:

Is Air Dash Online being crowdfunded right now, or is this just an interest check of some sort?

Apparently on their website they say they are making a kickstarter soon.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!
Hi, we are currently seeking A Member of the SA Forums for at least 9 years to spread the love about our new fighting game. Please apply with your registration date and a link to your account profile. You have to be an old member so that this looks legit, even if you haven't posted once in the last 3 years.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Color me mildly interested. Would help if there was a video.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Orzo posted:

Hi, we are currently seeking A Member of the SA Forums for at least 9 years to spread the love about our new fighting game. Please apply with your registration date and a link to your account profile. You have to be an old member so that this looks legit, even if you haven't posted once in the last 3 years.
This is not a joke. Must bring your own posts. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
I just looked at Son of Nor. The videos remind me a bit of Red Faction's and From Dust's engines, at least in how terrain is manipulated. There's something about that game which feels very generic, though.

miguelito
Oct 5, 2012

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
(ask me about sexy shaving)
I'm not related to the project in any way, but the Son of Nor guys are legit - they have long-running threads on several German-speaking dev boards and I think I've talked to them once on a Jam.
So, uh, legit here means they actually have a project running and not a big bag of vapor with some purchased art.

And the Air Dash thing just looks like something I'd never pledge to, all the while I have to admit I'm not a Smash Brothers player. I looked up the team and yes, they seem to have a South Korean artist. I'm sorry if this makes me a horrible racist, but my first thought when seeing those artworks was "Yup, that's some Korean MMO drawing style right there" - honed to technical perfection and excellently crafted, but so incredibly forgettable.
Look how on their main illustration they just smushed together any theme ever, as long as it looked gamey - punk, demons, machines, steampunk, furry, anime, western, belts'n'zippers, cyber parts, medieval weaponry, modern fashion, fetish gear, realistic, deformed, stylized, wacko Final Fantasy fashion, cartoon, Asian, Western, Wakfu, catgirls, loli, WoW... All without a coherent theme or any sort of message.

I know this sounds very damning, but you're trying to appeal to Smash fans here - and for that you better get some personality up in that game. Because while tournament nuts might want to play no-fun hardcore frame-counting matches, they all started playing it to be Fox McCloud with a laser going pew pew pew. And that hook doesn't seem to be present here, as far as I can see.

miguelito fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 3, 2013

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

miguelito posted:

I'm not related to the project in any way, but the Son of Nor guys are legit - they have long-running threads on several German-speaking dev boards and I think I've talked to them once on a Jam.
So, uh, legit here means they actually have a project running and not a big bag of vapor with some purchased art.

Yeah, their studio's designer posted about the game on another board. I want to give them credit for making an interesting-looking character face, at least; it doesn't look North American at all.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Orzo posted:

I'm honestly curious as to what you think a member of that length would be able to do for you. What credibility does that add?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
AR-K looks hilarious but seriously the main character's boobs are way too big for her body and it's bothering me.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Drifter posted:

I'm honestly curious as to what you think a member of that length would be able to do for you. What credibility does that add?
It makes it slightly less obvious they're shilling when they post a press release about an upcoming "hypercompetitive" version of Super Smash Brothers.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Harlock posted:

This is not a joke. Must bring your own posts. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.
Screw the fighting game, now I want to kickstart a Safety Not Guaranteed sequel.

... but, yeah, that looks a bit sketch. I wonder if there's somewhere where people sell their SA accounts to be later used like this, or if this was a "oh sure, I'll reactivate my old account for you, what the hell, haven't posted in years" friend of the dev thing.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Drifter posted:

Since you failed to get the joke, none.

e_wraith
May 5, 2012

Damn pods!
Grimey Drawer

Wendell posted:

Since you failed to get the joke, none.

To some people, member length is no joke.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

Drifter posted:

I was referring to the spooky guy on the previous page.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
It's a penis joke, you guys.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
It's funny because only amateur marketers don't make their own shill accounts.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cheekio posted:

It's funny because only amateur marketers don't make their own shill accounts.

Marketers making their own shill accounts is usually better as long as they're honest about their intentions, have a product worth promoting, offer some legitimately useful services to the community, and are capable of responding maturely to the inevitable onslaught of trolling directed at them.

Pretty high standards for a marketing shill, I know, but sometimes it happens!

Crash74
May 11, 2009
So this is not exactly a kick starter but the art guys from homeworld are making a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgylViCFHAs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G37cFbkArlw

You can see that they had the idea for a while, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfcj9epbJzc -first 1:30 or so

It is going to be some kind of RTS that is F2P...

Sounds cool right? But the :stare: is that they are already taking 50 and 100 dollar pre orders. For 50 bucks you get access to a thing, its called a [PROSPECTOR'S GUIDE], for 100 bucks you get the thing and access to a beta scheduled for the end of the year. So far they have made 30k with no sales pitch, no screen shots, not even a description of the game, :iiam:, that's the power of some awesome looking art I guess.

https://blackbirdinteractive.com/store/

-cross posted from the homeworld ip thread

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Apparently Rawbots is doing a Kickstarter now. I kind of thought everyone in the world grabbed a free copy of it when Sim City tanked, but they seem to be a shoe in to hit their goal.

e: holy poo poo I thought they were asking 30k not 300k jeeze :homebrew:

Arnold of Soissons fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 3, 2013

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Eh not really, only 6000 dollars of the 300.000 asked after 2 days seems like a guaranteed failure.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
Creators of Eternal Darkness will have crowd funding for their new game. Looks to be either a new or a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness. Whatever it is, I'm pretty excited for it.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/03/shadow-of-the-eternals-teaser-trailer

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

miguelito posted:

And the Air Dash thing just looks like something I'd never pledge to, all the while I have to admit I'm not a Smash Brothers player. I looked up the team and yes, they seem to have a South Korean artist. I'm sorry if this makes me a horrible racist, but my first thought when seeing those artworks was "Yup, that's some Korean MMO drawing style right there" - honed to technical perfection and excellently crafted, but so incredibly forgettable.
Look how on their main illustration they just smushed together any theme ever, as long as it looked gamey - punk, demons, machines, steampunk, furry, anime, western, belts'n'zippers, cyber parts, medieval weaponry, modern fashion, fetish gear, realistic, deformed, stylized, wacko Final Fantasy fashion, cartoon, Asian, Western, Wakfu, catgirls, loli, WoW... All without a coherent theme or any sort of message.

I know this sounds very damning, but you're trying to appeal to Smash fans here - and for that you better get some personality up in that game. Because while tournament nuts might want to play no-fun hardcore frame-counting matches, they all started playing it to be Fox McCloud with a laser going pew pew pew. And that hook doesn't seem to be present here, as far as I can see.

Yeah, I like Super Smash Brothers because I know who the characters are. That picture just made me wonder "why do I want to battle these characters again?"

Plus the guy who is "a cat wearing clothes. that's it" is such lazy design.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

Rikimaru posted:

Creators of Eternal Darkness will have crowd funding for their new game. Looks to be either a new or a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness. Whatever it is, I'm pretty excited for it.

Holy poo poo. Eternal Darkness is awesome, this is exciting.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Rikimaru posted:

So...ex-Silcon Knights people? I'm guessing Denis Dyack isn't involved.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Just a heads-up that Eternal Darkness was developed by Silicon Knights of Too Human fame and was the only legitimately good game they ever made, I'd approach this one with caution.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Rikimaru posted:

Like other folks, I'm simultaneously excited and wary as hell.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Yodzilla posted:

So...ex-Silcon Knights people? I'm guessing Denis Dyack isn't involved.

I hope not... I love Eternal Darkness, but no way is my money going anywhere near this project if Dyack has his hands on it.

KoB
May 1, 2009

BattleMaster posted:

Yeah, I like Super Smash Brothers because I know who the characters are. That picture just made me wonder "why do I want to battle these characters again?"

Plus the guy who is "a cat wearing clothes. that's it" is such lazy design.

Its not for you, its for the crazy sperglord competitive Melee players that hate that Brawl removed airdashing.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Just a heads-up that Eternal Darkness was developed by Silicon Knights of Too Human fame and was the only legitimately good game they ever made, I'd approach this one with caution.

I liked every Silicon Knights game I had played up until Too Human, and I didn't think that game was bad either. They weren't a top-tier studio, but X-Men: Destiny and Denis Dyack being a fuckhead retroactively gives that company a worse reputation than they deserve. Eternal Darkness is legit one of my favourite games of that whole generation.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Dyack is involved.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Oh dear.

Not that he wasn't at least partially responsible for the company's success in the past (I mean, he must've been on some level), but he's clearly gone off the deep end at this point and any involvement with him will just end up hurting this game, at least publicly.

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

If this won't end with Dyack having to destroy all unsold copies of the new game then I don't care.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Satanos posted:

If this won't end with Dyack having to destroy all unsold copies of the new game then I don't care.

That's actually a sanity effect in the new game :ssh:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Whelp my hype grew and died real quick there.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
I have no idea who Dyack is, why is he so hated?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Rikimaru posted:

Huh, that's strange. This leaked cache of the main site talks about characters called Edward, Pious and Whateley, but what appears to be the latest version the Crowd Source page only refers to Whateley and "Tyrannus" instead. Dyack wouldn't be hastily trying to remove all references to ED before they try getting money from people would he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Yodzilla posted:

Ghost of a Tale seems to have stalled with 11 days to go. Here's hoping it makes it as the premise and talent seems sound.

Here's the problem I see with this preview. He says it will play like Dark Souls or Zelda as 2 of the games, but the demo only shows one weapon half of the time and no weapon the other half of the time. Zelda was a game where you found a weapon in every dungeon and had to use it in at least in that dungeon. Sometimes you could actually use it outside the dungeon as well. Dark Souls was more or less all about weapons. If you could use your weapon well and dodge, you are set for any aspect of the game.

I've never played Ico or the Gothic series, so I can't say anything about those 2. At the end of the day, all that means is that the demo is inconsistent of the type of game I imagine when the games that inspired it are mentioned.