Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeavisNuke
Jun 29, 2003
That Tsarnaev kid really makes good covers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Just dropping this here:
https://soundcloud.com/enblog/sets/daft-punk-25-live-or-djset-in

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
Wow, this is really awesome!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

icicle bob posted:

New Justice live album in just a few days!

What the gently caress YESSS

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:siren: Early version of 'Contact' found :siren:

http://www.factmag.com/2013/05/01/stream-an-early-version-of-contact-the-dj-falcon-featuring-closer-from-daft-punks-random-access-memories/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcwga6UoSsg

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
It's a bit terrible.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Attention Horse posted:

It's a bit terrible.

it's an 11 year old leak..

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Attention Horse posted:

It's a bit terrible.
yeah, wouldn't listen

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Photex posted:

it's an 11 year old leak..

plus its a rip from a DJ set.

I enjoy it, I think it will be a cool track if it is one.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Not bad. Not bad at all! Wouldn't say I prefer it to the original, but it's still really solid.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

That cover is pretty awesome except for the glaringly bad horn/siren/whatever around the 1:20 mark. I immediately thought I was listening to an awful Jason Derulo song.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
I want to like these collaborator videos but they're all giving me the impression that the album is going to be a bunch of talented people blowing smoke up their own asses.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I got really excited the first time I heard Get Lucky on the radio. I happened to have my phone on me and ready to go as soon as I turned the car on.

http://youtu.be/Km5lPcZ7Tx0

:coal:

Too bad they segued it into Suit and Tie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Were they doing some kind of mix show? I'm guessing so, because the tempo for Get Lucky sounds faster than it should, Suit And Tie comes in way too quickly and the song doesn't even start off with that line.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Were they doing some kind of mix show? I'm guessing so, because the tempo for Get Lucky sounds faster than it should, Suit And Tie comes in way too quickly and the song doesn't even start off with that line.

I actually thought the faster tempo sounded pretty dope. And also, I shouldn't have said "too bad" because I actually enjoy "Suit and Tie" for what it is. And yeah, here in Miami they typically have these mix shows after a certain hour.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Shampy posted:

I actually thought the faster tempo sounded pretty dope. And also, I shouldn't have said "too bad" because I actually enjoy "Suit and Tie" for what it is. And yeah, here in Miami they typically have these mix shows after a certain hour.

That's cool! Yeah, I thought it sounded cool too, just didn't realize what was going on at first because it sounded abnormally fast :)

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012

AwwJeah posted:

I want to like these collaborator videos but they're all giving me the impression that the album is going to be a bunch of talented people blowing smoke up their own asses.

Yeah I sortof get this impression too. I think the mitigating factor here is that many of these guys only worked on one song, some of them several years ago, so they are really just talking about the experience they had with Daft Punk and how much they enjoyed working with a set of artists they love. It's impossible for them to give their impressions on the album itself.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

All of the top 40 radio stations around me increase the playback rate of ALL of their songs a little bit, presumably to be able to fit in more ad time.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Ryan Schreiber of Pitchfork wrote down some pretty extensive notes on the album on his Tumblr. This album sounds insane.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HorseRenoir posted:

Ryan Schreiber of Pitchfork wrote down some pretty extensive notes on the album on his Tumblr. This album sounds insane.

:stare:

The 17th cannot get here soon enough.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

AwwJeah posted:

Yeah, I'm kinda getting over them too, especially since we only get Get Lucky in the background and no other loops of pieces.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

squarerandom posted:

Yeah, I'm kinda getting over them too, especially since we only get Get Lucky in the background and no other loops of pieces.

They're keeping the mystery alive. We've all heard Get Lucky, now we aren't getting poo poo else 'til the album comes out. That way, we'll have 12 tracks that we've never ever heard to blow our minds with.

You're against that?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

They're keeping the mystery alive. We've all heard Get Lucky, now we aren't getting poo poo else 'til the album comes out. That way, we'll have 12 tracks that we've never ever heard to blow our minds with.

You're against that?

Not to mention Gonzales gives a few chords of the 3rd and 4th tracks just to spark your imagination of what it's going to sound like. I do have some real bad aural blueballs at this point though.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

doo dee doo dmt, lsd doo dmt, lsd doo dmt...

Colonel Whitey posted:

Not to mention Gonzales gives a few chords of the 3rd and 4th tracks just to spark your imagination of what it's going to sound like. I do have some real bad aural blueballs at this point though.

These aural blueballs are going to be worth it!

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Zedicus Mann posted:

At any rate, this is basically what happens when I try to sing Get Lucky without the music. :geno:

What is the joke here? Please explain. I really need to know.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
http://funnyordie.com/m/7zpy

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.
That pretty well sums up the collaborators series. Probably would've been funnier without the last part though.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Lol, Destructo.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

You're against that?

No definitely not, I'm just tired of seeing artists say how great Daft Punk are, because we know they are. I think Panda Bears' was just so bad it through me in a loop, we had everyone else talk about the technical aspects of what they did and explain a lot of musical abilities and how they met etc, and his just blew rear end.

Pretty much this^ :lol:

I just want it the album here already :smith:

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 2, 2013

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
loving lol (minus the end).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy poo poo, this is the Pharrell one exactly :laffo:

That was amazing.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

We're up all night to get pizza.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
I'M SORRY

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Awwwwwww :3:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.teefury.com/

Saw that as today's shirt and thought of the thread.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

We're up all night to pet puppy :3:

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

SgtScruffy posted:

We're up all night to pet puppy :3:

YES! Someone make a cover using these lyrics please.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

SaltLick posted:

Thanks for posting that, grabbed one.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Same here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SaltLick posted:

One of my friends showed me this earlier before I had checked this thread and I grabbed a red one :D

• Locked thread