Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

FuzzySkinner posted:

Accidently didn't flip the channel until after "Zoey 101" was over, and wow...Dan Schneider is possibly the worst producer/writer in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Schneider_(TV_producer)

His only marginally good moments were being involved in the "Good Burger" movie (which is not a bad watch) and the "Kenan and Kel" TV movie.

Also, all copies of "Big Fat Liar" should be found and destroyed. Paul Giamatti deserved better than to be in the piece of garbage. :colbert:
I remember loving Big Fat Liar when I was 12 :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

FuzzySkinner posted:

Accidently didn't flip the channel until after "Zoey 101" was over, and wow...Dan Schneider is possibly the worst producer/writer in the world.

His only marginally good moments were being involved in the "Good Burger" movie (which is not a bad watch) and the "Kenan and Kel" TV movie.

Also, all copies of "Big Fat Liar" should be found and destroyed. Paul Giamatti deserved better than to be in the piece of garbage. :colbert:

He was the fat kid on Head of the Class!

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I remember loving Big Fat Liar when I was 12 :negative:

I rewatched Big Fat Liar about a month ago and it still holds up. :colbert:

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004
Who's ready for safe fun?

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Remember SheZow!, which read like some guy's awkward gender transformation fetish comic that inexplicably got greenlit to be an actual show? Well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPY3mq2xfco

:stare:

Picked up by the Hub for the 2013/2014 season - starts airing stateside in June.

Bring on the one million moms?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I guess between that and that pony side project they're trying to get as much stupid out of their system as humanely possible before they pull an MTV or, heaven forbid, CN Real by accident.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ConanThe3rd posted:

I guess between that and that pony side project they're trying to get as much stupid out of their system as humanely possible before they pull an MTV or, heaven forbid, CN Real by accident.

Actually The Hub is doing was the original Cartoon Network did when they first started up. I mean lets not forget they once showed stuff like Cow and Chicken.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

WendigoJohnson posted:

Actually The Hub is doing was the original Cartoon Network did when they first started up. I mean lets not forget they once showed stuff like Cow and Chicken.

Are you suggesting that Cow & Chicken isn't a decent series? :colbert:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Are you suggesting that Cow & Chicken isn't a decent series? :colbert:

If he's not, I am!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

FuzzySkinner posted:

Dan Schneider owns :dealwithit:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sockser posted:

Dan Schneider owns :dealwithit:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Scooty Puff Jr. posted:

Picked up by the Hub for the 2013/2014 season - starts airing stateside in June.

Bring on the one million moms?

And yet we go without a second season of The Aquabats! Super Show!

edit: wait, if Wikipedia is to be believed season 2 starts in June :dance: That and Dan Vs. are the only thing worth watching on that shitheap of a station anymore. I'm still upset that GI Joe Renegades died after one season while that piece of poo poo Transformers show lives on, though.

raditts fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 5, 2013

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I just found out about this crazy awesome looking rejected pilot from a few years back for a show called The Modifyers. It's about a secret agent who uses disguises to infiltrate the big bad of crime. It looks cool as heck and is basically Powerpuff Girls meets 60s spy flick meets steampunk. No idea why Nickelodeon turned it down, this stuff seems right up my alley.

Check out the pilot here.

Edit: Mystery Incorperated was a loving thrillride. It's a shame it got more and more supernatural as it got towards the end (I don't care what Michio Kaku says, string theory might as well be magic), season 1's ending was amazing as it took time to establish a supposedly supernatural phenomenom, only to have it turn out to be a fake all along. That being said, it was really intense. When I realized Hotdog Water actually got shot, I was really surprised. Yeah, the whole "reset everything" is kinda cheap, but plausible in it's own setting. I liked the sequel hook at the end (roadtrip across the US solving mysteries, that's awesome), too bad it's over. Oh, another thing that bothered me is that Fred's traps turned from "incredibly elaborate and improbable Rubenberg machine" to "have the monster chase Shaggy and Scooby and let it run in a net".

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 5, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

I'm still upset that GI Joe Renegades died after one season while that piece of poo poo Transformers show lives on, though.

To be fair, having your character designer die on you does kind of complicate matters.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Transformers is a good show and I stand by that :mad:

It's at least not a "piece of poo poo" for the animation alone (cgi's great for a tv show), and also it is ending. After this 13-episode season the series is done and there's going to be something else in the same continuity later that no one knows about yet.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Watched Teen Titans GO this morning.

That poo poo sucks, bring back GL.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Sockser posted:

Watched Teen Titans GO this morning.

That poo poo sucks, bring back GL.

Teen Titans Go is a fun show. Stop hating fun :colbert:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

TwoPair posted:

If he's not, I am!

Maybe its nostalgia, but I don't remember it being all that bad, I just liked the other shows more than it.

I don't particularly remember I Am Weasel being that great though, the theme song was the best part of that series.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I just found this out today: you guys know that Stitch (of Lilo and Stitch) anime that came out in Japan? I had always assumed that it was out of continuity with the movie, but apparently, there was a "reunion" ep, where we find out Stitch left Hawaii because Lilo went off to college, and she didn't come back on the day she promised to see Stitch again. We later find out she couldn't come back because Nani got pregnant and she was taking care of her, and by the time she came back, Stitch had left. They have a tearful reunion, she gives him the collar she made him wear in the movie, and tells him to take care of his new family. :cry: Yeah, that gave me some Toy Story 3 vibes.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

They're cutting off the 90's Nick Block at 2 am now.

It's really annoying because I'm a bit of a nighthawk and I usually study around the 2 to 3 am hours. Having the old Nick shows as background noise helps quite a bit.
I'm getting the impression that the '90s block was something that Nickelodeon threw out there to quiet the demand for it, and now that the novelty has worn off, they're cutting back on it. It's kind of a shame, but not a complete one since most of the good shows are on Netflix Instant.

FuzzySkinner posted:

also, what is Degrassi's appeal? I remember even as a kid being annoyed that they would air that on "The N"/Noggin instead of more episodes of "Pete and Pete", and "Daria".
I have no idea, but it has a cult following. Its major contribution to pop culture is Drake, so that's a major strike against it in my book.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Remember SheZow!, which read like some guy's awkward gender transformation fetish comic that inexplicably got greenlit to be an actual show? Well...

I understand all the Johnny Test comparisons people are making in this thread- it has the same frantic tone. The theme song makes it worse. Note that I only watched the first minute after the theme song, so it could very well have descended into a deeper level of hell.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Apparently the Hub desires to become the fetish channel.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Y-Hat posted:

I understand all the Johnny Test comparisons people are making in this thread- it has the same frantic tone. The theme song makes it worse. Note that I only watched the first minute after the theme song, so it could very well have descended into a deeper level of hell.

I actually sat through the whole thing (I have a high tolerance for crap, but only for short enough periods), and there was a grand total of one thing about it that I thought was good (No, it ending doesn't count.). The original short had the main's friend essentially fall in love with him as Shezow (yes, I sat through THAT too, sometimes I hate my curiosity, I just HAD to see just how bad it was. gently caress that.). In the actual series (still can't believe this poo poo apparently got a full season's order. Ugh.), the friend actually finds out/knows he's Shezow at the end of that episode.

Just about everything else about this though? Complete crap. I'd rather sit through some Johnny Test than this. At least that crap doesn't throw she-puns into just about every other sentence that's uttered by Shezow/the computer/his sister.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Buckle up guys, Australia still has that batch of FOURTY-loving EIGHT episodes of She-Zow ordered.
Which means it's already bigger than Wolverine and the X-Men, Spectacular Spider-Man or SymBionic Titan.

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Transformers is a good show and I stand by that :mad:

It's at least not a "piece of poo poo" for the animation alone (cgi's great for a tv show), and also it is ending. After this 13-episode season the series is done and there's going to be something else in the same continuity later that no one knows about yet.

I'll second that.

In terms of CGI for television, this is one of the best in terms of scale, detail, texture and animation.

The series has it's kinks and, yeah, it's essentially just a treasure hunting show with the McGuffins as an excuse for action scenes. But, drat, are those action scenes gorgeous. That episode where Optimus Prime takes a big slice out the Decepticon warship with that big-rear end sword was unbelievably awesome.

The human characters could be better, but they are leagues better than previous Transformers incarnations that are hardly watchable as a result.

It's not the most clever or the most well-written cartoon out there by far, but it does deliver on what it promises. And if giant robots beating the Energon out of each other in a brutal fashion ain't your thing, this show isn't for you.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Teen Titans Go is absolutely fantastic. I'm going to make an assload of gifs from episode 3.

Wasper
Oct 3, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

That... uh... that certainly was one of the oddest things i've seen on TV. Even more odd is that it reminded me of Danny phantom for some reason.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Well Danny Phantom did have an opposite sex clone.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Neo Helbeast posted:

Teen Titans Go is absolutely fantastic.

It is. It really is. I don't often laugh out loud at things anymore but Robin's reaction to learning his driver's ed instructor was evil somehow did the trick.

EDIT:

Neo Helbeast posted:

I'm going to make an assload of gifs from episode 3.

Why have you not done this yet!? :argh:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Just for you:

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 20, 2013

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Neo Helbeast posted:

Just for you:

I love you. :3:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I feel like criticizing catdog, as the 90's Nick block keeps airing it lately.

I never understand why in the show the villains are consistently successful, and the protagonists are consistently subjected to cartoon violence.

Also, in retrospect the message of "You'll get beat up because you're a freak/geek" that seems to pop up in every episode I don't think was a good message to present to kids.

KKoserYaks
May 4, 2012

And what you call chaos is my beauty.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Also, in retrospect the message of "You'll get beat up because you're a freak/geek" that seems to pop up in every episode I don't think was a good message to present to kids.

This was the typical formula for most Nickelodeon shows in the 90s and still is to this very day.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

KKoserYaks posted:

This was the typical formula for most Nickelodeon shows in the 90s and still is to this very day.

That said when those sort win, God, is it glorious (the squidward band episode springs to mind).

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

Buckle up guys, Australia still has that batch of FOURTY-loving EIGHT episodes of She-Zow ordered.

Good god. Why does it not surprise me that my country gave the OK to a show like this.

I'm kind of disappointed that that the end result is so bland and safe. I guess Round the Twist is still the champion "who the hell though this was a good idea" children's television from down under.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NuNtmsBuDug#t=191s

Stick with it till the end. It's really something.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

High Warlord Zog posted:

Good god. Why does it not surprise me that my country gave the OK to a show like this.

I'm kind of disappointed that that the end result is so bland and safe.
I'm not, because it could have been a lot worse.

Also those Teen Titans Go pictures give me the warm fuzzies.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Y-Hat posted:

I'm not, because it could have been a lot worse.

Don't worry, I'm sure Deviantart will pick up the slack.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
Well, that's enough about terrible shows. In better news, we've got a pilot for Steven Universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzErnRZUknU

And Lakewood Plaza Turbo, which isn't on Youtube so I can't embed it but here's that too!
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/cartoon-network-shorts/video/lakewood-plaza-turbo-clip.html

Looks like a bunch of pilots got uploaded, actually.

Chibs fucked around with this message at 07:19 on May 22, 2013

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Chibs posted:

Well, that's enough about terrible shows. In better news, we've got a pilot for Steven Universe.

Video is private.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

This Steven Universe pilot should work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSwVPrybwm0

But that Lakewood Plaza Turbo link is dead and I can't find it anywhere else.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Steven Universe looks too good to exist. I'm excited and fearful for it at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Hopefully it gets the same network love as Adventure Time and Reg. Show. That was amazing.