Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Anyone down for some ORC? There's apparently no pubbies around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
The thing that caused me to drop ORC pretty quickly was the horrible balance of the versus mode. There are some classes in that mode that are beyond useless, while two classes are pretty drat over powered. Other than that, I had a lot of fun with it.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Is it possible to play the DLC missions in ORC as a campaign? Or am I stuck picking missions one by one from the free play list?

Unbearable fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 28, 2013

apocrypha
Mar 1, 2009

I bought ORC during the Steam sale because I'm a sucker.

The game's pretty much dead as far I can tell on the PC. Looks like there's a few of you in here that still want to play, though. Anyone still up for that?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
There's one thing about RE6's plot that I never got. Spoilers just in case: When Carla gets shot and killed on the aircraft carrier and drops her case, there's three slots for syringes. One she gave to some J'avo to inject Simmons with, one Piers took and later uses it to transform and save Chris from Haos, but what about the third one? Was it used for Ustanak, or is that just never brought up?

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

Sylphid posted:

There's one thing about RE6's plot that I never got. Spoilers just in case: When Carla gets shot and killed on the aircraft carrier and drops her case, there's three slots for syringes. One she gave to some J'avo to inject Simmons with, one Piers took and later uses it to transform and save Chris from Haos, but what about the third one? Was it used for Ustanak, or is that just never brought up?

Ada mode spoilers: She used it on herself and became the wall of Carla.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Casull posted:

Ada mode spoilers: She used it on herself and became the wall of Carla.

Oh, right. I thought Carla could already do that, just because she already probably had a freak show body from the moment of her birth, but that makes more sense. I haven't played Ada's campaign in a while, so I must have missed where the third one went.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

apocrypha posted:

I bought ORC during the Steam sale because I'm a sucker.

The game's pretty much dead as far I can tell on the PC. Looks like there's a few of you in here that still want to play, though. Anyone still up for that?

This is an old post but I'm free the rest of the evening. It's 5:30est right now hit me up on steam. I posted my profile link in that RE Steam group in the PGS subforum.

apocrypha
Mar 1, 2009

Len posted:

This is an old post but I'm free the rest of the evening. It's 5:30est right now hit me up on steam. I posted my profile link in that RE Steam group in the PGS subforum.

Cool, shot you off an invite. Sorry I couldn't respond yesterday, I was pretty busy.

On topic, does anyone who slogged through ORC know if the enemies are supposed to be bullet sponges? Is it just crappy netcode? Also, is the PVP melee as annoying as it seems? Two hits and you're locked into an inescapable execution?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I'm up for playing some ORC on PC all day. You can message me on Steam with the same name I use here (also the same name I use on Live to make things easy).

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

apocrypha posted:

On topic, does anyone who slogged through ORC know if the enemies are supposed to be bullet sponges? Is it just crappy netcode?

Both, from what I could tell. I went into ORC really wanting to like the setting and systems but it's one of those games where you can just grab an auto-shotgun and turn off your brain for the rest of the campaign. There's cool stuff like bleeding attracts zombies but it's never really applied in an interesting fashion. But like most budget co-op games it's fun enough if you've got some buddies.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Geight posted:

Both, from what I could tell. I went into ORC really wanting to like the setting and systems but it's one of those games where you can just grab an auto-shotgun and turn off your brain for the rest of the campaign. There's cool stuff like bleeding attracts zombies but it's never really applied in an interesting fashion. But like most budget co-op games it's fun enough if you've got some buddies.

Pretty much this. And always play on veteran. Enemies might be even more bullet spongy but it turns on friendly fire, which means hours of tackling your friends into zombies and getting into kung-fu fights at the drop of a hat. Though I'm on the 360 instead of the PC.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Sylphid posted:

Oh, right. I thought Carla could already do that, just because she already probably had a freak show body from the moment of her birth, but that makes more sense. I haven't played Ada's campaign in a while, so I must have missed where the third one went.

I'm pretty sure she used that third one on Simmons, you saw that random J'avo just approach him with that same injection gun and fire it at him before it was killed by his MiB bodyguards. Carla for all we know was infected this entire time or probably used something on herself earlier, because she was in no position to inject herself with anything and you never actually see the vial with her, but for some reason she still prances around with the gun she fired at Marco :v: But yeah, she was already a creature of the C-Virus, and if she used it on herself then she'd have immediately transformed, her death probably just triggered whatever was latent. I forget if any of this is in the files though.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

Lunethex posted:

I'm pretty sure she used that third one on Simmons, you saw that random J'avo just approach him with that same injection gun and fire it at him before it was killed by his MiB bodyguards. Carla for all we know was infected this entire time or probably used something on herself earlier, because she was in no position to inject herself with anything and you never actually see the vial with her, but for some reason she still prances around with the gun she fired at Marco :v: But yeah, she was already a creature of the C-Virus, and if she used it on herself then she'd have immediately transformed, her death probably just triggered whatever was latent. I forget if any of this is in the files though.

First one was used on Simmons. Second was taken by Piers. When Ada approaches her body initially, you can see the third one rolling from her hand as she releases it just before she transforms.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Casull posted:

First one was used on Simmons. Second was taken by Piers. When Ada approaches her body initially, you can see the third one rolling from her hand as she releases it just before she transforms.

Thanks for clearing that up it's been a long time since I've seen the cutscenes in detail, but I always knew that at least one of them was used on Simmons I kept thinking there were still 2 in the case.

Steinuh
Nov 17, 2011

Hey does anyone have the Chronicles games for the PS3? I'm wondering how it is with the ps3 control rather than a move.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Relin posted:

I have the dualshock directors cut and don't remember any of these tracks. I listened to some from the original OST and that's all I remember...

There are two versions of the director's cut. The original has the same soundtrack as the original version of RE1, and the Dual Shock version has the new soundtrack.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Steinuh posted:

Hey does anyone have the Chronicles games for the PS3? I'm wondering how it is with the ps3 control rather than a move.
Functional. Probably not as fun, but I'm such a Resident Evil fanboy that it's worth it for me to have an HD version of the games so I can revisit the remade environments and such. Lots of replayability, too.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I suddenly have a hankering to play the older residents evils, 1-3. What's the best way to get them for the pc? I can't seem to find any digital retailers that have them.

If that fails is there a way to get them for xbox? I know Re4 got a HD release and I wonder if a HD release or something similar was done for the older games.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Red Mundus posted:

I suddenly have a hankering to play the older residents evils, 1-3. What's the best way to get them for the pc? I can't seem to find any digital retailers that have them.

If that fails is there a way to get them for xbox? I know Re4 got a HD release and I wonder if a HD release or something similar was done for the older games.
Nah, Code Veronica is the only other game to get the HD treatment. The PS1 games are available on the Playstation Store, but other than that, no digital distribution. For what it's worth, Capcom wants to get them on Steam, so maybe someday? The franchise has been picking up steam on PC lately.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

Cyra posted:

Nah, Code Veronica is the only other game to get the HD treatment. The PS1 games are available on the Playstation Store, but other than that, no digital distribution. For what it's worth, Capcom wants to get them on Steam, so maybe someday? The franchise has been picking up steam on PC lately.

Resident Evil 1 on the PSN store has the awful remixed music so watch out for that.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ive been laughing at the retarded clown circus on the last page for days now so that's even better.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I dunno, so far RE6 just doesn't seem to be doing it for me. I'm only in Leon chapter 2, but various design choice keep nagging at me and it's making it hard to enjoy when I pull of suplexing like, a dozen zombies in a row. Level and encounter design, for one. I keep dying, which wouldn't be an issue but none of my deaths feel fair. I meet a zombie or two and suddenly I have no health. Maybe Leon's HUD is just messing with me, I don't remember having that problem in 4. The camera bothers me too, is there an option I missed somewhere so that I don't get a low angle when I run?

I've heard some people say that Leon's campaign is pretty bad, are some of these problems fixed in other campaigns? Should I just skip Leon and go to Chris and Jake?

Also, gently caress Bloodshots, I can never seem to hit the counter. And dogs, my quick shots keep on missing.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
I found Leon's campaign the worst except for the last few levels where it goes back to normal RE insanity levels.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

catlord posted:

I dunno, so far RE6 just doesn't seem to be doing it for me. I'm only in Leon chapter 2, but various design choice keep nagging at me and it's making it hard to enjoy when I pull of suplexing like, a dozen zombies in a row. Level and encounter design, for one. I keep dying, which wouldn't be an issue but none of my deaths feel fair. I meet a zombie or two and suddenly I have no health. Maybe Leon's HUD is just messing with me, I don't remember having that problem in 4. The camera bothers me too, is there an option I missed somewhere so that I don't get a low angle when I run?

I've heard some people say that Leon's campaign is pretty bad, are some of these problems fixed in other campaigns? Should I just skip Leon and go to Chris and Jake?

Also, gently caress Bloodshots, I can never seem to hit the counter. And dogs, my quick shots keep on missing.

Are the zombies grappling you? Even at Defense 3 the attack that knocks you down does an entire squares worth of health.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
If Leon's campaign is getting you down, try playing Chris' or Jake's. Those two are much more fun. I wish they would have put Leon's in the list third so people could have more fun when they start off, and have the Ada/Carla plot point be a mystery.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

catlord posted:

You can absolutely change an option that keeps the camera upright during dashes. Also consider dicking with the field of view options, I find it makes a big difference. Finally, make sure you're playing with laser sights instead of the crosshair.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Cyra posted:

You can absolutely change an option that keeps the camera upright during dashes. Also consider dicking with the field of view options, I find it makes a big difference. Finally, make sure you're playing with laser sights instead of the crosshair.

Done all of those. I figured out my problem with the dash camera though. I tend to keep the camera looking down slightly, so no matter which option I go for, it always adjusts the view in a somewhat uncomfortable way for me. Also started Chris' campaign, finding it much more fun so far. The only bullshit death I found was getting loving murdered while I was trying to change settings. Come on, Capcom, let the menu pause the game in single-player at least!

Edit:

Wanderer posted:

It seems like every post-Mikami RE has at least one stupid UI decision and that's RE6's. You have to change the options to "offline" from the chapter select menu, IIRC, before you can pause the game in single-player.

I do though, it just doesn't pause.

catlord fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 7, 2013

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
It seems like every post-Mikami RE has at least one stupid UI decision and that's RE6's. You have to change the options to "offline" from the chapter select menu, IIRC, before you can pause the game in single-player.

In RE5, it was the completely counterintuitive way in which you activated local split-screen MP.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I just know realized that Jill's voice actress worked in Power Rangers. :psyduck:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

catlord posted:

I do though, it just doesn't pause.

Even in single player the inventory/menu/skills thing doesn't pause - hitting start just gets you a generic pause.

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008
A few of the new costumes for Revelation's Raid mode have been revealed, and they're kind of amazing.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Just how grindy is Raid Mode, by the way? I see mention of leveling up both characters and weapons into Almost-Disgaea territory. (I think I saw a LVL500 weapon?)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Azran posted:

I just know realized that Jill's voice actress worked in Power Rangers. :psyduck:

There are quite a few voice actors who have done Power Rangers stuff. Reuben Langdon, Chris' Mo-Cap actor and Dante's VA before DmC, did Power Rangers and Kamen Rider stuff when they eventually brought the latter to the west. Dan Southworth who is Jake's Mo-Cap Stunt Double and voices Vergil in DMC3, was the Quantum Ranger in Power Rangers. I mean chances are if you're playing some of the more recent RE games they're bound to have some Power Rangers people involved what with all of the motion capture and voice acting being really good.

Azran posted:

Just how grindy is Raid Mode, by the way? I see mention of leveling up both characters and weapons into Almost-Disgaea territory. (I think I saw a LVL500 weapon?)

I don't remember Raid Mode being crazy or anything, but I hardly explored it in depth. The most I remember is I was able to get through a good portion of the levels before I hit a roadblock and I stopped playing for whatever reason.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have no idea who pirate queen is, Jill?

And I've never seen the guy at the bottom unless its the black dude who's name I forget.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jessica is the second picture and Keith is the third.

EDIT: Oh my mistake, the one in the pirate outfit is Jill. I wasn't paying attention to the initials.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 14, 2013

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008

Alteisen posted:

I have no idea who pirate queen is, Jill?

And I've never seen the guy at the bottom unless its the black dude who's name I forget.

The Pirate is Jill (Her initials are in the hat!), though with long hair and a tan it's almost impossible to recognize her. Doesn't help that she looks so similar to Jessica. The Ninja is Keith (yeah, I barely remember him either).

Raid mode can be slightly repetitive, but it never felt particularly grindy to me. The mode is designed such that if you start on the first level on the easiest difficulty, and simply play in order, you'll always be at about the right place. The only time you'd ever really need to grind is if you're looking for a particular gun or attachment, but they're rarely necessary.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
e: f, b

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Some guy over at tasvideos finished his GC RE4 TAS and I found it really entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
According to Capcom's Facebook post announcing this stuff, the pirate is Jill and not Jessica.