Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Sometimes airplanes break in inconvenient locations and have to be moved. Moving real ones to practice is unwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lifted from D&D
Syria's new urban renewal plan courtesy of Israel

Denzer posted:

Early reports of a very large explosion in Damascus tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e84pVGsP6YU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el2En5bDOYo

Second video seems to show AA fire at the aircraft that possibly dropped the bomb.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
E: wrong thread

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
Your average Osprey Crewman. :nws:

E: Meh, he won't reveal the aircraft he claims to have crashed in, but various redditor scum have pointed out that previous comments made by Mr. unfortunate claim that he has been a "maintenance technician" for three years and "I've flown on the CV-22 osprey". Fabrication or not, that's what he's sayin'

Dilettante. fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 5, 2013

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Dilettante. posted:

Your average Osprey Crewman. :nws:

Story? Will simply stepping foot in an Osprey remove my face?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That guy's wearing blue jeans

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Smartest little intel sperg in the whole world
i'd say it's fake based on id tags around the neck. who actually does that?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

TheUnhorse posted:

i'd say it's fake based on id tags around the neck. who actually does that?

Lots of folks. Our regs required us to fly with dogtags on our person even on training sorties...after a while you figure out that doesn't necessarily mean around your neck, but a lot of people did it on evals (easy to show you've got your req'd gear) or laziness.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Godholio posted:

Lots of folks. Our regs required us to fly with dogtags on our person even on training sorties...after a while you figure out that doesn't necessarily mean around your neck, but a lot of people did it on evals (easy to show you've got your req'd gear) or laziness.

weird man.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

TheUnhorse posted:

weird man.

You didn't fly with them? I mean even if just in your pocket, you're supposed to have them on you usually. I just got some of those silencer things and wore them around my neck all the time because I'm lazy as poo poo. Only time I'd think about them was before I'd go out somewhere.. I'd usually remember to take them off then. But I'm embarrassed to say I've gotten to the beach and realized I still had them on.

:sigh:

felt like a real douche

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Air item.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Godholio posted:

In the laces of my boots because I'm forgetful and lazy (but if the AF asks it's because FEET ARE THE LAST THINGS TO BURN [when really in my aircraft they burn first]).

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
In my pubs bag next to a bottle of afrin and an extra pencil.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I wore them around me neck, unfortunately one of my roommates in the barracks switched mine for a joke set he had made that just had

Booblord
Loves to eat dick
Allergic to Pussy

and I ended up wearing them for about 4 months before the squadron XO checked us for them, got to mine, and almost died from laughing so hard.

For the rest of my time in that squadron I had to wear those.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

^That's one of those things I wish I'd have thought of. loving awesome.

holocaust bloopers posted:

In my pubs bag next to a bottle of afrin and an extra pencil.

Mine are still in my progear bag, along with my checklist/aircrew aids, gloves, divert poo poo that I bought in San Juan when we diverted from the FOL, etc. Pretty sure I took the thermals out though.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

You didn't fly with them? I mean even if just in your pocket, you're supposed to have them on you usually. I just got some of those silencer things and wore them around my neck all the time because I'm lazy as poo poo. Only time I'd think about them was before I'd go out somewhere.. I'd usually remember to take them off then. But I'm embarrassed to say I've gotten to the beach and realized I still had them on.

:sigh:

felt like a real douche

Never around my neck. Literally everyone I know, if they ever bring them anywhere, loops them around a belt loop and puts them in a pocket, or just leaves them in a bag. I almost never wear them though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Booblord Zagats posted:

I wore them around me neck, unfortunately one of my roommates in the barracks switched mine for a joke set he had made that just had

Booblord
Loves to eat dick
Allergic to Pussy

and I ended up wearing them for about 4 months before the squadron XO checked us for them, got to mine, and almost died from laughing so hard.

Yeah stealing this

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

Before heading back to Benning in Ranger School, the battalion XO in Florida gave us a rousing speech about wearing ID tags properly. His reasoning to wear them around your neck was that if you got injured pretty badly in combat, your clothes would get cut off to treat your wounds and your tags would be thrown away. Apparently this could make it difficult to identify you, especially if you got seriously hosed up. Kind of makes sense. He was also prior CAG, so I listened to him.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related

iyaayas01 posted:

Forget Bagram Batman, now there's the J-bad Joker.

I loving love the Duffelblog

Also Bagram Batman gave an interview.

And has a facebook page.

Any idea how the Tacomas performed compared to a Hilux?

Late but, a guy I know who was in Afghanistan way back in the early days told me that the US Tacomas were not holding up well compared to the Hilux. I love my Tacoma, but I know it is made for americans, not Taliban.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Older Tacomas had a very serious frame rot issue when they were just a couple of years old. I assume that's been remedied.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

stevenolson88 posted:

Before heading back to Benning in Ranger School, the battalion XO in Florida gave us a rousing speech about wearing ID tags properly. His reasoning to wear them around your neck was that if you got injured pretty badly in combat, your clothes would get cut off to treat your wounds and your tags would be thrown away. Apparently this could make it difficult to identify you, especially if you got seriously hosed up. Kind of makes sense. He was also prior CAG, so I listened to him.

Good reason, those over me have said that you keep them around your neck because when an airframe burns down the vertibrae are the last things to be destoryed. Granted I just keep them around my neck and not in the pocket since I'm an NCO in the 82nd... aka SGT Standards. drat I miss Spec4 life.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Heh, why don't they just make the entire plane out of vertebrae then

*flies off on a beast into a Giger-esque biomechanical hellscape*

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Fallom posted:

Heh, why don't they just make the entire plane out of vertebrae then

*flies off on a beast into a Giger-esque biomechanical hellscape*

The B-1 looks... different now. :stare:

brains
May 12, 2004

BaconAndBullets posted:

Good reason, those over me have said that you keep them around your neck because when an airframe burns down the vertibrae are the last things to be destoryed. Granted I just keep them around my neck and not in the pocket since I'm an NCO in the 82nd... aka SGT Standards. drat I miss Spec4 life.

this is straight up nonsense by the way and if god forbid if you are ever KIA and unrecognizable they guaranteed don't give two shits what your tags say. there's a reason your DNA is on file.

i wear mine around wrapped around my belt and in my pocket because they are a FOD risk and also a good chance of bridging a hot connection and giving you a nice instant tanline when you lean over during preflight/maint.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Hah, makes me want to go on the boneyard tour again.

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008

Do they even have airplanes?

Captain Amerikkka
Mar 14, 2013
Hahah, that dudes face is like "omigosh grorius reader so crose to my clotch"

movax
Aug 30, 2008

JSARSOM posted:

That's exactly what Un is saying

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
F-35 ejection seat revealed

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That burger king-looking crown just seals the loving deal.

Edit: I think I have the same model laptop. :stare: Bought it in 2004 with my precommissioning loan from USAA.

Edit2: V It's a 15.4" screen but the thing is a beast. It was actually pretty decent at gaming at the time.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 6, 2013

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Look at the size of that laptop. That dude needs some serious screen space and processing power to give you the ultimate experience on the pleasure throne.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
My friend Logan, whom I served with in the same platoon and team in Afghanistan, made a 50 minute documentary for a school project about some of of the dudes in our platoon. In it they share their experiences leading up to, during ,and after the deployment, as well as dealing with the loss of one of our platoon mates. Whom I posted about here experiences on our deployment. It's pretty cool seeing my friends do something like this, and an experience I will always be proud to have been a part of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkpNZWf8lw0

It's pretty surreal seeing and hearing my buddy Matt again.

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 6, 2013

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

elite_garbage_man posted:

My friend Logan, whom I served with in the same platoon and team in Afghanistan, made a 50 minute documentary for a school project about some of of the dudes in our platoon. In it they share their experiences leading up to, during ,and after the deployment, as well as dealing with the loss of one of our platoon mates. Whom I posted about here experiences on our deployment. It's pretty cool seeing my friends do something like this, and an experience I will always be proud to have been a part of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkpNZWf8lw0

It's pretty surreal seeing and hearing my buddy Matt again.

Watched it. Teared up a bit about Mattat the end, even knowing from your post what was gonna happen. poo poo like this makes me both glad and ashamed to be a filthy POG

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Captain Amerikkka posted:

Hahah, that dudes face is like "omigosh grorius reader so crose to my clotch"

I loving LOL'd.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

JSARSOM posted:

I can smell the cosmolene from here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Un has no idea what the gently caress he's even looking at.
"Yup this parachute is...well packed."

• Locked thread