Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Tonight's episode smash cut from the wall to bastard of bolton blowing a lovely little tin horn. Foreshadowing for whenever crows eye blows it the gently caress up with the horn of resounding or whatever the gently caress that macguffin chekov's gun is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The show just killed Ros.

I think WE just got WILD CARDS'd.

e: why does my phone autocorrect "think" to "the"?

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 04:35 on May 6, 2013

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I the WE just got WILD CARDS'd.

Oh poo poo, I hope the baby thread is dying. Hell the spoiler thread might be dying.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I am glad Ros is dead because death to all show-only characters. (wasn't tyrion tossing a coin to someone saying hey go get a bj from roz on me to theon the only mention of this person in the book?)

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

I need details, man! Some of us haven't even finished S2 yet.

Yeah, that's right, I haven't seen the show since S2 Ep7. That's how big of a lazy gently caress I am these days.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The redhead Theon wanted to bang in the book got fleshed out into a 26 episode character that became a spy and advisor to both LF and Varys.

Meanwhile, Strong Belwas was cut from the show, along with most of the Tyrells, the Kettleblacks, the Freys, the Umbers, Jojen and Meera (for season 2), Dany's Bloodriders, and the loving Bloody Mummers.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Contra Calculus posted:

I need details, man! Some of us haven't even finished S2 yet.

Yeah, that's right, I haven't seen the show since S2 Ep7. That's how big of a lazy gently caress I am these days.

LF found out Ros was spying for Varys and in a big dumb speech about rising to power the camera pans past Joffrey and we see Ros tied to his bed with crossbow bolts sticking out of her.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The redhead Theon wanted to bang in the book got fleshed out into a 26 episode character that became a spy and advisor to both LF and Varys.

Meanwhile, Strong Belwas was cut from the show, along with most of the Tyrells, the Kettleblacks, the Freys, the Umbers, Jojen and Meera (for season 2), Dany's Bloodriders, and the loving Bloody Mummers.

Proof positive that in visual entertainment few things will have the staying power pf a pair of nice, youthful tits.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Which begs the question, why spend millions on Game of Thrones when you could just have a 1 hour episode of a woman standing there naked?

I mean, as long as we're making tv for idiots, why not triple our profits while slashing costs 99.8%?

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot
In Westeros, all knights are rapists and all whores are beautiful

edit: rapers I meant

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

RIP Ros :byewhore:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's the first use I've seen of that smiley that feels really appropriate.

Which begs the question, why spend millions on Game of Thrones when you could just have a 1 hour episode of a woman standing there naked?

I mean, as long as we're making tv for idiots, why not triple our profits while slashing costs 99.8%?

Despite what stand-up comedians and sitcoms the world over will tell you, nice tits do have their limits when it comes to hypnotizing an audience.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Belwas has tits. Yet Belwas is not in the show.

Truly some mysteries cannot be solved.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nice tits. NICE. None of those "scars of my enemies on my hairy nipples" poo poo Belwas has going on I love you Strong Belwas please don't poo poo on me

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Thoros and Mel met up and had a friendly chat and here you guys are talking about Ros.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Holy Calamity! posted:

Despite what stand-up comedians and sitcoms the world over will tell you, nice tits do have their limits when it comes to hypnotizing an audience.

Based on extensive internet research, 100% of hetero men are way too stupid to notice their head is on fire if there's a boob, clothed or not, within squinting visual range.

Holy Calamity! posted:

Thoros and Mel met up and had a friendly chat and here you guys are talking about Ros.

Checkmate. Hypnotic tits win again.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Based on extensive internet research, 100% of hetero men are way too stupid to notice their head is on fire if there's a boob, clothed or not, within squinting visual range.

I looked at my soap from a funny angle in the shower and it looked like a boob and I almost forgot to close my mouth and nearly drowned.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

What in the flying gently caress is wrong with this show? Wait, they seriously cut the Bloody Mummers? Those are like the central antagonists to Arya's story in ACoK and Jaime's in ASoS.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

They turned Arya's arc in ACoK to her being Tywin's little office helper and whether or not he'd figure out she was a Stark (seriously). They bonded once he realized she's not an idiot.

They did keep Jaquen though, and he was all sexy and mysterious as everyone wanted him to be.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

You know how she tricked Jaqen H'ghar into killing those guards, freeing the northmen, and capturing the castle? Well instead of that he just stabbed one guard on duty at midnight and they walked out the gate. Then the guys who owned harrenhall left it for no reason after slaughtering all the small folk, again, for no reason. Left them a huge corpse pile. So she didn't have any central antagonists. Or really any problems. She just lived in a castle for a while and then left with no real problems.

Why are other-thread-people suddenly guessing that the bastard of bolton is the bastard of bolton? When did anyone in the show ever even say that bolton had a bastard?

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 6, 2013

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

mind the walrus posted:

I looked at my soap from a funny angle in the shower and it looked like a boob and I almost forgot to close my mouth and nearly drowned.
One of those times when a threadquote is almost good enough to be the title.

But yeah, sure, bye Ros, a useless waste of time!

That Mel and Thoros scene was like the best invented one in the whole series, though. Ramsay scenes are coming up close too, though, except the books did it better (goonsay).

And I haven't checked, but have those eagle-eyed little babies caught on yet that Bolton's heraldry exactly loving matches the post Theon is laid out on? Those kids are sharp, no doubt; they probably even caught that Carcetti was talking about climbing while there was a shot of mountain climbing!

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Krinkle posted:

Why are other-thread-people suddenly guessing that the bastard of bolton is the bastard of bolton? When did anyone in the show ever even say that bolton had a bastard?

Roose specifically tells Robb in the second season that he's sending his bastard to retake Winterfell.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Holy Calamity! posted:

They probably did it to replace Edric with Gendry :ohdear:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
In the babby thread's defense, Roose says he's sending his bastard to take Winterfell. Then at Winterfell there's a guy blowing the horn at the gates day and night.

This episode has Theon strapped to the Bolton sigil X, being flayed, as a dude blows a horn at him.

Every context clue on earth has been spoonfed to them.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Talas posted:

They probably did it to replace Edric with Gendry :ohdear:

Gendry's going to gently caress until he Dies. His sexings will replace the leaches. His last scene will be tragic spooky death sex :(

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

No, just like how Davos saved Edric in the books, he'll save Gendry via cockblock. This will force Mel to burn the fetuses instead of the leeches.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

ASOIAF is too complex for fanfic.

In depth sci-fi/fantasy has shipping. Fanfic is for 4th grade reading level baby poo poo like Harry Potter and Star Wars and anything by Joss Whedon.

I ship the Wall with Balon's Sept. OTP, IT'S THERE IN THE TEXT READ BETWEEN THE LINES.

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010
I enjoyed how the Brotherhood selling Gendry is laying the groundwork for them becoming "broken men." I really hope Meribald gives his speech from the book about "broken men" because it is important to the story and one of the better passages of the book, really. With all the other characters being cut though, I don't have much faith.
However I will give them credit for working in information about Thoros' mission and his piety.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Contra Calculus posted:

What in the flying gently caress is wrong with this show? Wait, they seriously cut the Bloody Mummers? Those are like the central antagonists to Arya's story in ACoK and Jaime's in ASoS.

For some reason they decided that Vargo Hoat was not a memorable character or name, so they changed him into a dude named Locke who dresses just like every other Northman. Great actor, though. And the Jaime/Brienne scenes have otherwise been almost entirely preserved.

The non-book readers I know didn't understand the abandonment of Harrenhall at all. Instead of showing Arya develop into an apprentice killing machine, they have Mel tell her directly that she's gonna kill people someday.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
Maybe they're trying to create a greater sense of boundary for her, considering her eventual induction into the House of Black and White. In the books, her joining the house is the logical conclusion of the lessons she has been learning, so it feels like a continuation of her training rather than the beginning of it. If the show makes her out to be someone who wants to have some effect in the world but is utterly powerless against the people and events surrounding her, then the House will feel more like an actual beginning for her on her path to becoming stronger.

Or so I say, but her training at the House has been more along the lines of "indoctrination into our way of thinking" than anything else.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Krinkle posted:

You know how she tricked Jaqen H'ghar into killing those guards, freeing the northmen, and capturing the castle? Well instead of that he just stabbed one guard on duty at midnight and they walked out the gate.

No, Jaqen killed every single guard in the courtyard. Somehow. They show like three different dudes who all look to be on watch but are really impaled to the walls and dead. And he does it without Arya and Hot Pie noticing.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

I Own Soulz posted:

Maybe once this wall is destroyed, they'll rebuild a new one from Dany's storm of poo poo. It'll only NEED to be around 30 feet to stop anything, but they'll make it 1000 because she just won't stop. She'll be adding layers as she does flybys on her dragon like a crop duster
I must say, I tired of all the Dany diarrhoea jokes in this thread about 723 of them ago, but this one is just excellent.

Joramun fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 6, 2013

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SaviourX posted:

That Mel and Thoros scene was like the best invented one in the whole series, though. Ramsay scenes are coming up close too, though, except the books did it better (goonsay).

How the hell can you say this when we just had a scene where the Queen of Thorns asked Tywin if he'd ever tried the peen? It's ok Tywin, we've all done it, boys will be boys :gay:

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Krinkle posted:

Foreshadowing for whenever crows eye blows it the gently caress up with the horn of resounding or whatever the gently caress that macguffin chekov's gun is.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

CeallaSo posted:

Maybe they're trying to create a greater sense of boundary for her, considering her eventual induction into the House of Black and White. In the books, her joining the house is the logical conclusion of the lessons she has been learning, so it feels like a continuation of her training rather than the beginning of it. If the show makes her out to be someone who wants to have some effect in the world but is utterly powerless against the people and events surrounding her, then the House will feel more like an actual beginning for her on her path to becoming stronger.

Or so I say, but her training at the House has been more along the lines of "indoctrination into our way of thinking" than anything else.

I hope they don't somehow combine the House of Black and White with the Lord of Light, but Mel and Thoros greet each other with "Valar morghulis-Valar dohaeris". They may just be treating it as an Essos thing, but then why would it be a useful password for the Faceless Men?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

It becomes a useful password when you hand over the lovely faded coin at the same time.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I don't recall anyone in the books using "All men must die" as a greeting. Seems kind of stupid.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

That's a lot more radfem than just "all men die", man. Is Arya training to burn bras and demand the execution of all cock-havers?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I really wonder about the shows foreshadowing, they are laying the LF-as-supervillian angle reaaaaal hard. Not to mention Melisandre looked into Arya's soul and then (might as well have) turned to the camera and said "Oh yeah, she's definitely gonna kill all those people she's chanting". This and Dany's drug trip at the International House of Undying seemed to be making a lot of very direct implications the book at least buries under a pile of poo poo so you have to read into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Shoehead posted:

I ship the Wall with Balon's Sept. OTP, IT'S THERE IN THE TEXT READ BETWEEN THE LINES.

The Sept would never cheat on the red keep get the gently caress out.