Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Matching car scent tree?

I like it. And I secretly wish my Subaru looked this good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Sunday morning:

Seconds later from another viewpoint:

(click if you need to see the rust up close and personal)

:getin: and hold on

(I not-so-secretly wish it was an Ultra4 class offroad race truck)

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Where's the hella-flush front compression photo? It was glorious seeing your cut fenders almost bottoming out.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That is bottomed out, just not fully compressing the bumpstops. The fenders are buckled in (visible if you look closely at the mud) because, well, I didn't cut quite enough off.

The funny thing is that it actually does have hellaflush camber for a solid axled jeep because both I and the previous owner of the axle haven't been very nice to it. The inner knuckles are bent.

I put a stancenation sticker on the back cab window for the laughs but then it ended up being true.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
I love your truck, kastein.
Have you thought about installing the updated xj taillights?
Is it possible?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

MJ tail lights are unique and impossible to find... except I have 4-5 junkyard sets around :ninja: most MJ owners are parts hoarders when it comes to anything behind the cab.

No XJ tail lights (nor Dakota tail lights, as popular urban/internet legend holds) will fit.

The current set of lights are actually held on with foil tape/speed tape because I've run them into trees and rocks enough to break out the mounting holes, but magically everything else is still intact. It's not like it detracts from the appearance any with that horribly mangled bed on it (I have an almost perfect one waiting to go on, but it needs armoring first) and I don't want to waste a perfectly good set bashing them into stuff, so the beat up tail lights and beat up bed are staying on it till I put the new bed on and armor it all.

kastein fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 3, 2013

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
Took my STi to the first autox of the season and I dominated.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

_adam posted:

Whoring more.

Are your fenders rolled? That things got the perfect amount of flush goin' on.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

G-Mach posted:

Took my STi to the first autox of the season and I dominated.

I thought you were dragging a cone along for the ride. Dominated indeed.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

internet inc posted:

I thought you were dragging a cone along for the ride. Dominated indeed.

I took FTD along with a overall PAX win out of 54 cars and it was my firt time autox-ing this car as well. The 3rd place guy was in a 06 STi on brand new Kumho V710s and on E85 and he was off by a second.

G-Mach fucked around with this message at 04:25 on May 3, 2013

ebonythunder
Nov 8, 2010

The other white meat.
2009 Smart Fortwo Passion Coupe

Custom:
- SILA Concepts Dual Center Exhaust
- SILA Concepts Cold Air Intake
- SmartMadness Side Air Scoop
- Pioneer FH-X700B Headunit
- Custom SmartMadness 8" Under-Dash Subwoofer Enclosure
- JL Audio 8W3v3 8" Subwoofer
- Rockford Fosgate R165 Door Speakers
- Alpine MRP-300 Dual Channel Amp

It's a silly little car, but I love it.

Here's a bonus picture of my Dad and I out to lunch:

ebonythunder fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 3, 2013

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Chinatown posted:

Are your fenders rolled? That things got the perfect amount of flush goin' on.

Rears are rolled, fronts were just flattened a bit with a mallet. No rubbing so far other than the liners.

chia
Dec 23, 2005

Bought my E91 new wheels for the summer. Quite the update from the old 16s with rock hard runflats.

chia fucked around with this message at 13:09 on May 5, 2013

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I bought this last week, it's a CC GT, 6 speed manual, diesel. Done 950 miles in it already! (lovely cellphone pics!)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

monkeytennis posted:

I bought this last week, it's a CC GT, 6 speed manual, diesel. Done 950 miles in it already! (lovely cellphone pics!)

God drat the new CCs look nice. Less a Mercedes derivative and more an original, kick-rear end design.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Definitely. I liked the front on the pre-facelift CC but couldn't stand the rear. They definitely fixed that with the facelift.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is it a 4 seater there too? I figure the Euro models might allow 5 seats since you guys probably aren't as fat as us average Americans... :P

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

CharlesM posted:

Is it a 4 seater there too? I figure the Euro models might allow 5 seats since you guys probably aren't as fat as us average Americans... :P
You can get it as a 5-seater in the US now.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

I was following a facelifted CC on I-5 in the middle of nowhere last night; the tail lights resemble the new Corvette's and I got really excited for a few seconds

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

blk posted:

I was following a facelifted CC on I-5 in the middle of nowhere last night; the tail lights resemble the new Corvette's and I got really excited for a few seconds

Hah I did the exact same loving thing a month ago.

I was in the carpool lane at night going home, saw those lights in the far right lane about a quarter mile ahead of me so I cut over to the right lane and got behind it thinking im getting to see some pre-release C7 only to realize im following a CC.

Shame the old front looked better on the CC..

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Do those of you with kids find you need two family cars, or are some of you finding success with one family car and one two-seater?

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007
Finally stopped driving the Torque (steer) monster long enough to post a couple of pics.

Bonus shot of my sisters Focus.

And crammed in the garage during one of the many recent hail storms. Also you see I'm rocking the single headrest there. The front headrests are non-adjustable, and too low/forward for my height. Pulled it out, and am going to try bending the posts back.

ST2 with the standard wheels, and blue inserts on the seats.
Really wanted the Titanium wheels, but couldn't find one. Think I'll be tool dipping them black pretty soon.

So now we have what, 5 ST's in AI? We really need a Focus/Fusion/Fiesta thread (would that be Foci/Fusi/Fiesti), as the STNation and the others are pretty bad.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.
I bought a 1998 Chevy Corvette last year. It's my only vehicle, and - when I'm done paying it off - it'll be my first real project car. I washed it today, and the sun was setting, so I took a few pictures. It's a 4-speed Automatic, with the 5.7 liter LS1 Engine. I found it at a car lot for a good price, and I fell in love with it when I took it for a test ride. Aside from it being automatic and a few scratches in the paint and a little touch up work on the inside, it looks gorgeous in the right light.

I only wish I had a better camera, the pictures look a little fuzzy. I don't care if it's an automatic, that car is fun as hell to drive out here in North Dakota.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

I bought a 1998 Chevy Corvette last year. It's my only vehicle

You drive that in the winter? Awesome.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Larrymer posted:

You drive that in the winter? Awesome.

I used to live in Georgia, I haven't seen 'winter' up here yet. My folks tell me it's pretty mild, comparatively speaking, and the roads get cleaned up and plowed when it does get bad. Everywhere I'd need to be is in walking distance, just in case.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

I used to live in Georgia, I haven't seen 'winter' up here yet. My folks tell me it's pretty mild, comparatively speaking, and the roads get cleaned up and plowed when it does get bad. Everywhere I'd need to be is in walking distance, just in case.

Compared to what? Hoth?

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...
I'm guessing compared to Celsius :v:

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

MiniFoo posted:

Compared to what? Hoth?

I'm assuming the rest of the state. I'm hoping the rest of the state :ohdear:

I guess if it gets too bad I can always trade it in on something more sensible for the area, but for now I am enjoying it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

I guess if it gets too bad I can always trade it in on something more sensible for the area, but for now I am enjoying it.

If it gets too bad throw on some good snow tires and continue to enjoy your car. Right tires make all the difference when the weather gets lovely.

(I daily drove a 99 M3 for a winter in WI/MN with Blizzaks and it was awesome)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Not mine, but while I was in New York on Sunday I saw this and thought the matte grey looked excellent on the car

I personally really like the looks of modern Challengers. I know a lot of people don't, though.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Sab669 posted:

Not mine, but while I was in New York on Sunday I saw this and thought the matte grey looked excellent on the car

I personally really like the looks of modern Challengers. I know a lot of people don't, though.

Those spokes are way too thin (visually) for a car that big.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'll definitely agree to that, I was mostly posting due to the paint job / probably just dipped it.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Sab669 posted:

You can post more freely in the AI pics thread now:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3502478

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

I bought a 1998 Chevy Corvette last year.

Why only a 4 speed? Unless the gears are really long.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

b0nes posted:

Why only a 4 speed? Unless the gears are really long.

Developing a new transmission just wasn't worth the costs, I assume. Having widely spaced gears on a Vette is fine because of its torque, even if it's really crude.

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007

My 79 shortbed and my friend's 82 longbed. Both 5 speeds but he has the 22r and I have the 20r. We both went into O'Reillys, walked to the clearance aisle and found our respective side mirrors on sale.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Someone took a picture at the first autoX.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

Crustashio posted:

Someone took a picture at the first autoX.

I miss my M3. Much love. :glomp:

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

when i move you move, just like that

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

I bought a 1998 Chevy Corvette last year

Fun cars. Being a 99, you're missing out on the hud. It's a relatively straight-forward install and makes the drive a lot more fun. You should make that your first mod :]

I daily drove my old 2000 coupe through all kinds of terrible weather. It handled surprisingly well in all of them (keep active handling on). I have a 2003 z06 now and still dd it in bad weather. As long as you launch easy and are smooth around turns, you'll be fine. The car obviously sits low and is a bottom breather, so avoid all puddles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

EvilCrayon posted:

My 79 shortbed and my friend's 82 longbed. Both 5 speeds but he has the 22r and I have the 20r. We both went into O'Reillys, walked to the clearance aisle and found our respective side mirrors on sale.

That is a pretty cool photo. Sadly most of those Hiluxes have rusted to death here in Australia. The 4WD ones seem to still be around, probably due to the huge love they get from the mud bashes here.