Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I didn't see it mentioned in the thread, but Code of Princess got a $10 price drop to $29.99, not a sale price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001

petewhitley posted:

Is there any way to put 3D videos on your 3DS and view them? I just realized there are tons of 3D videos up on YouTube and I'd love to throw a bunch on my 3DS for the commute.
About a year ago I found a tutorial on how to convert 3d youtube videos to play on 3ds. There were some restrictions, though. A video could only be 10 minutes long, for example. I can't remember what the instructions were to do it... it's probably just a google search away.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Edit: never mind what I post.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 3, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mighty Switch Force HD is getting a free update "soon" that'll fix some audio-related issues and add a new character ("Pixel Patty", which is probably just a reskin using the 3DS pixel art or something).

Also, Starship Damrey, the first of the Guild02 games, will hit the NA 3DS eShop on May 16.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of May 9):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (permanent price drop) - €49.99 / £39.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Solomon's Key (NES) - €4.99 / £3.49
    Xevious (NES) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    World Heroes 2 Jet (Neo Geo) - 900 Points / $8.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Zen Pinball 2 (Wii U eShop) - 50% off all Marvel table packs until May 9
    Kirby's Adventure (VC Trial Campaign) - €0.30 / £0.30 until May 16
    Chasing Aurora (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 from May 9-16

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Crash City Mayhem - €19.99 / £17.99
3DS eSHOP
    Mario & Donkey Kong: Minis On The Move - €9.99 / £8.99
    The Starship Damrey - €7.99 / £7.19
    Bloody Vampire - €4.99 / £4.49
    Reel Fishing 3D Paradise Mini - €3.99 / £3.59
    The Beet Party: UnderWaterMelon (video) - €0.99 / £0.89
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Fire Emblem Awakening DLC
  • Champions of Yore #2 (Roy, difficulty *) - €1.99 / £1.79
  • EXPonential Growth (EXP-grinding map, difficulty **) - €2.49 / £2.29
  • Champions of Yore #1 (Marth, difficulty *) - free until May 19, normal price €1.99 / £1.79
  • Champions of Yore Pack (Marth, Roy [difficulty *] and Micaiah [**]) - €3.49 / £2.99 until May 19, normal price €4.99 / £4.49
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Wrecking Crew (NES) - €3.99 / £3.59
DSiWARE
    Color Commando - 200 Points / €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Marvel Pinball 3D (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £2.99 until May 9
    Aero Porter (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until May 30
    Crimson Shroud (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until May 30
    Liberation Maiden (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until May 30

Minis on the Move is a 3D sorta-spinoff of the Mario vs. DK games for DS; there looks to be a lot of different modes, plus online level sharing, so it'll probably be good value for money if nothing else.

Starship Damrey is the first of the Guild02 games; it's a "short-form adventure horror" game from two of the guys behind visual novels like Night of the Sickle Weasel.

Bloody Vampire is a budget Japanese metroidvania that's been out in NA for a little while, but I can't remember whether it sucked or not.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
While that is a pretty weak virtual console with just two NES games, let me say, Solomon's Key is a hidden gem, just an excellent puzzle platformer. You have to place and remove platforms to get a key and get to the exit while avoiding enemies. With save states now I might actually be able to finish. It might seem like one of those "They're releasing this obscure thing I've never heard of for five dollars?!" ones but it is honestly up there with some of Nintendo's high quality NES franchises. It ain't Ice Climbers or Urban Champion. Thank you Dana.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

greatn posted:

While that is a pretty weak virtual console with just two NES games

In a year from now you will be begging for weekly releases as good as this one, let me assure you.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

In a yearweek from now you will be begging for weekly releases as good as this one, let me assure you.
Fixed.

Can the WiiU access the same library of games which have been released so far on the Wii?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

irlZaphod posted:

Fixed.

Can the WiiU access the same library of games which have been released so far on the Wii?

In Wii mode, yes. You just need Wii controllers to do it.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Just bought a 3DS XL but not sure if I should register it yet. Do Club Nintendo points expire in June or something like that? Or is it just your Platinum status that gets reset?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Minidust posted:

Just bought a 3DS XL but not sure if I should register it yet. Do Club Nintendo points expire in June or something like that? Or is it just your Platinum status that gets reset?

Your platinum status resets then. Your unspent coins do eventually expire but it's something like 3 or 4 years, so it isn't a big deal. You can check on your account page.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Minidust posted:

Platinum status. Your coins don't expire until 2 years after registering. If you care about Platinum and think you won't get it even with registering the XL you may want to hold off and get a head start for next year.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

elf help book posted:

Your platinum status resets then. Your unspent coins do eventually expire but it's something like 3 or 4 years, so it isn't a big deal. You can check on your account page.
Oh well that's nice. Apparently I have zero expiring coins! Cool then. Might as well wait and use the boost for next year's platinum, unless some really nice reward comes up between now and then.

edit:

MykonosFan posted:

Platinum status. Your coins don't expire until 2 years after registering. If you care about Platinum and think you won't get it even with registering the XL you may want to hold off and get a head start for next year.
ha yeah like you said

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

greatn posted:

While that is a pretty weak virtual console with just two NES games, let me say, Solomon's Key is a hidden gem, just an excellent puzzle platformer. You have to place and remove platforms to get a key and get to the exit while avoiding enemies. With save states now I might actually be able to finish. It might seem like one of those "They're releasing this obscure thing I've never heard of for five dollars?!" ones but it is honestly up there with some of Nintendo's high quality NES franchises. It ain't Ice Climbers or Urban Champion. Thank you Dana.

Hey, don't even mention Urban Champion in the same sentence as any other game. Ice Climber was actually non-terrible, unlike that game.

Minidust posted:

If you already have platinum then save it until after June. There's no point in registering stuff now unless you've got surveys that will expire before then.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, your new Club Nintendo digital rewards are up:

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Wii VC) - 200 Coins
Maboshi's Arcade (WiiWare) - 150 Coins
3D Classics Excitebike (3DS eShop) - 150 Coins
Art Style: Aquite (DSiWare) - 100 Coins

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

In a year from now you will be begging for weekly releases as good as this one, let me assure you.
In a year from now we'll probably be begging for any releases at all.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I hope this means the Wii U will get SMRPG sooner rather than later.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

gently caress that, give it to me on my 3DS or not at all.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I was excited to spend my coins on something but then I discovered I already have it anyway.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

greatn posted:

While I'd rather see 3 or 4 games a week and more SNES representation, they're at least managing to put out one thing that interests me each week. SMW, Mega Man, Solomon's Key, and Super Metroid make a decent string of consecutive weekly highlights.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

NA dudes, your new Club Nintendo digital rewards are up:

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Wii VC) - 200 Coins
Maboshi's Arcade (WiiWare) - 150 Coins
3D Classics Excitebike (3DS eShop) - 150 Coins
Art Style: Aquite (DSiWare) - 100 Coins

Three games on 'obsolete' systems and one game I already got for free. :(

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

You can play all of those games on Wii U/3DS.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:
Also, getting any VC on the Wii U Wii Mode discounts them later on, when they are released for the Wii U. lovely deal, sure, but I'd rather pay 1.50 for SMRPG on my gamepad than full price. What the hell else am I gonna use those Coins for?

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Edoraz posted:

Also, getting any VC on the Wii U Wii Mode discounts them later on, when they are released for the Wii U. lovely deal, sure, but I'd rather pay 1.50 for SMRPG on my gamepad than full price. What the hell else am I gonna use those Coins for?

Limited edition gold controllers?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

robot roll call posted:

Backwards compatibility that isn't able to make full use of the newest hardware. No thanks.

Edoraz posted:

That's a pretty good point. Not a fan of SMRPG, though. Maybe I should've done that when they offered SM64.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Revol posted:

Backwards compatibility that isn't able to make full use of the newest hardware. No thanks.

If they're good games then what does it matter?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This free stuff isn't good enough
:goonsay:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

robot roll call posted:

Can in that if they put those games out on the 3DS it could handle them, yes. I just want SNES, GBA, and Genesis games on the 3DS.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

AlmightyBob posted:

Can in that if they put those games out on the 3DS it could handle them, yes. I just want SNES, GBA, and Genesis games on the 3DS.

Well what I specifically meant is you can play DSi games on the 3DS.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sega just revealed the third of the 3D Classics-style remakes for 3DS: Sonic the Hedgehog! Out in Japan next week, 600yen.

http://archives.sega.jp/3d/sonic/

Features include:

-Mid-game saves and stage select
-Spin dash toggle
-Region toggle
-Button mapping (why?)
-Optional "classic" setting which attempts to replicate the dithering/curve of a CRT screen
-Two stereoscopic 3D settings, "Depth" and "Zoom" (pop-in and pop-out, presumably)
-Two different audio balance settings that attempt to replicate the PSG/FM balance of either an early Megadrive or a Megadrive 2

Why the gently caress are you dillydallying, Sega? Release this poo poo outside of Japan already!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Sega just revealed the third of the 3D Classics-style remakes for 3DS: Sonic the Hedgehog! Out in Japan next week, 600yen.

http://archives.sega.jp/3d/sonic/

Features include:

-Mid-game saves and stage select
-Spin dash toggle
-Region toggle
-Button mapping (why?)
-Optional "classic" setting which attempts to replicate the dithering/curve of a CRT screen
-Two stereoscopic 3D settings, "Depth" and "Zoom" (pop-in and pop-out, presumably)
-Two different audio balance settings that attempt to replicate the PSG/FM balance of either an early Megadrive or a Megadrive 2

Why the gently caress are you dillydallying, Sega? Release this poo poo outside of Japan already!

Holy poo poo! Why hasn't Nintendo made a bigger deal about this?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Handsome Ralph posted:

Holy poo poo! Why hasn't Nintendo made a bigger deal about this?

Because as you might be aware, Nintendo doesn't own this "Sonic the Hedgehog" property. If Sega wants to let them sit there in Japan for no good reason, they're perfectly within their rights to do so, no matter how little sense it makes.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
These recent 3D remakes from Sega aren't proper "3D Classics", that's why.

Then again, it raises an even more pressing question: why the hell hasn't Sega released anything at all on the international eShop in, what, a year? Not only does Japan have three of these 3D games now but they've been getting Game Gear games on the VC somewhat regularly, too, yet NA hasn't got a single new game since the Game Gear VC launch and PAL-land is doing only marginally better.

They keep rating all these games, so they clearly intend to release them eventually, so what's the hold-up?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Artix posted:

Because as you might be aware, Nintendo doesn't own this "Sonic the Hedgehog" property. If Sega wants to let them sit there in Japan for no good reason, they're perfectly within their rights to do so, no matter how little sense it makes.

Just because it's a third party game, doesn't mean Nintendo can't hype it up if they wanted to and the third party is interested. It's not as if Sega and Nintendo haven't collaborated before.

I'm merely curious why Nintendo isn't making a bigger deal, either here or in Japan, about games like this being released on their system. Then again, it is Nintendo.

\/\/\/ Well that explains it. :v:

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 8, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think the simple reason is that it was only officially announced, like, two hours ago.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

-Button mapping (why?)

I wish nintendo did this with their 3D classics. Weird switching from Kirby's Adventure on Wii U to 3DS.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

zelah posted:

I wish nintendo did this with their 3D classics. Weird switching from Kirby's Adventure on Wii U to 3DS.

I've been playing the 3D Classics version of Kirby's Adventure recently and the controls can totally be changed. :confused:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
On 3DS or Wii U? I haven't found a way to do it with 3DS anywhere and google is unhelpful, please advise.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

zelah posted:

On 3DS or Wii U? I haven't found a way to do it with 3DS anywhere and google is unhelpful, please advise.

From the main menu, go to Options and then Controls. It's really simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I'm looking forward to Super Metroid coming out, it's my all time favourite game and I've already played it countless times but none of my friends have. Now that some of my friends have Wii-Us they'll finally play it and hopefully want to borrow my Metroid Prime Trilogy disc after.