Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I've been sent this video which is a lecture about new forms of investigation (Investigation 2.0), which I was sent because it features me, but it also has some interesting discussion about other people who have been working on other military related projects which some of you might be interested in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQBtc_szJh0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Bob A Feet posted:

And why the gently caress does the PSO behind her glance up over the berm as it goes off? My head would be buried in the loving ground.

He's like "oh cool I've never been this close to a grenade going off and probably never will again. I'll just sneak a peek."

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Scratch Monkey posted:

He's like "oh cool I've never been this close to a grenade going off and probably never will again. I'll just sneak a peek."

Not a cool guy, therefore he wants to look at the explosion

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Bob A Feet posted:

Like, how did this happen? Whenever I've done a grenade on a range its been mad safe. Not to nerd out but no PPE, sandbag berm. Did the grenade just drop over her shoulder when she went to throw it? And why the gently caress does the PSO behind her glance up over the berm as it goes off? My head would be buried in the loving ground.

In the video you can see it bounce off the sandbag wall, just below the top. I've never thrown a grenade, is it really that loving difficult?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Godholio posted:

In the video you can see it bounce off the sandbag wall, just below the top. I've never thrown a grenade, is it really that loving difficult?

No it's not. They aren't heavy and you just throw it like a baseball. People panic and over think it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

They're quite a bit heavier than a baseball I'd say. In theory it should be easy to not gently caress up but I still hate doing it even after getting to throw live grenades 3 times now. It's terrifying because of exactly that video.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I always end up death gripping it before the throw. It's hard to stop thinking that you're holding a decent sized boom in your hand and Bad Things happen if it slips out.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

I'm amazed no one's made some sort of "throws like a girl" joke yet

Captain Amerikkka
Mar 14, 2013

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

No it's not. They aren't heavy and you just throw it like a baseball. People panic and over think it.

That's funny because when I went to throw a grenade I said gently caress the counter-intuitive way I was taught to throw them and chucked that poo poo like a baseball. It got me tackled even though I threw it like 40 yards.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Snowdens Secret posted:

There's a video of a Chinese guy doing the same thing

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Captain Amerikkka posted:

That's funny because when I went to throw a grenade I said gently caress the counter-intuitive way I was taught to throw them and chucked that poo poo like a baseball. It got me tackled even though I threw it like 40 yards.

They told me to throw it like a baseball in basic. And I did. And it went far as gently caress because I totally could've gotten drafted out of highschool if my shoulder didn't suck AND IT'S TRUE I WONT HEAR OTHERWISE!

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

They told me to throw it like a baseball in basic. And I did. And it went far as gently caress because I totally could've gotten drafted out of highschool if my shoulder didn't suck AND IT'S TRUE I WONT HEAR OTHERWISE!

I hit someone during the CFT with a dummy grenade once because I threw it like I was throwing someone out at first. it was my first cft :shobon:

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
When I got to hang out in 35N AIT for six weeks because the PA guard is retarded I broke a privates glasses playing dodgeball. Still got it.

Not That Into You
Oct 29, 2007

New Navy show on TNT
http://youtu.be/Wfd0yB20UzU

Mark 45 vs attack helo = So Michael Bay.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Fallom posted:

There's a video of a Chinese guy doing the same thing

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

Not That Into You posted:

New Navy show on TNT
http://youtu.be/Wfd0yB20UzU

Mark 45 vs attack helo = So Michael Bay.

Misread, watched for Mark 48 vs attack helo, was disappointed.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Cerekk posted:

What Attack helo? I just saw CH-53s and a loving eurocopter

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Snowdens Secret posted:

I was that guy. I spent hours chucking stones.

My grenade was landed perfectly at the base of the long target. Everyone congratulated themselves on teaching me how to throw. :ssh:The wrong target.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

This is dumb but I can see myself doing this.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Admiral Bosch posted:

When I saw the video it was some variety of Asian narrating, not sure if it was JDF or South Korean.

Looks like JSDF uniforms to me.

Bob A Feet posted:

Like, how did this happen? Whenever I've done a grenade on a range its been mad safe. Not to nerd out but no PPE, sandbag berm. Did the grenade just drop over her shoulder when she went to throw it? And why the gently caress does the PSO behind her glance up over the berm as it goes off? My head would be buried in the loving ground.

Asia.

Like if you've ever worked with the ROK military or JSDF it should make perfect sense to you how this could happen.

Cerekk posted:

I did the same thing. I was hoping at least for a sub shooting a missile at a helo or something.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

It's absolutely shocking how many people can't throw a drat grenade more than four feet.

rockamiclikeavandal
Jul 2, 2010

Raul :allears:

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

video of the Grenade fail - apparently Yunnan, China.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9ce_1367924774

Other Chinese grenade fail someone mentioned

http://youtu.be/wDpuNrA55-A

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 10, 2013

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

First thing I thought of!

The Stygian
Feb 7, 2007

Exeggutor?

This was an incredible moment but a horrid display of sportsmanship. It was intentional, however, which differs it from the others.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

The Stygian posted:

This was an incredible moment but a horrid display of sportsmanship. It was intentional, however, which differs it from the others.

This is the only crickt GIF on the internet. A tragic day for the 81st Beige Brigade.

Did you know that Afghanistan has a national cricket team and yet no baseball team? I'm sure D&D would not be impressed.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

The Stygian posted:

what is going on here?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Is it usual for the guy on the left to have his hand on her non-throwing arm? Never thrown a grenade before.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Ron Jeremy posted:

Is it usual for the guy on the left to have his hand on her non-throwing arm? Never thrown a grenade before.

Oh come on, you of all people should know

:quagmire:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Not that I've ever seen, no. Since that's China, who the gently caress knows. But no, probably not.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

In the times I've thrown live grenades you have one safety guy in the bunker who never touches you. I dunno wtf is happening there.

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Throat slittin, groin kicking, trench knife stabbing fun. The use of "gore effects" was kind of a surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc4h0qcAIpE]

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Go away.

Seriously, gently caress off.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Yeah, go post in TFR or something or lose some weight or watch some anime.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Go away.

Seriously, gently caress off.

What? It was an interesting training film I had no clue existed until today.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

gfanikf posted:

What? It was an interesting training film I had no clue existed until today.
I'd guess it's the flippant tone.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Accretionist posted:

I'd guess it's the flippant tone.

Fair enough, it was a lovely/lazy attempt on my end doing a quick description. That said its interesting in that I never could imagine a contemporary variant of this. Also I never heard of people carry blackjacks into combat.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

gfanikf posted:

Throat slittin, groin kicking, trench knife stabbing fun. The use of "gore effects" was kind of a surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc4h0qcAIpE]

Quit your bitching you POGs, that stuff is good training besides doing glass houses for my young 11Bs. Thanks for giving me a less boring version of training for my guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

BaconAndBullets posted:

Quit your bitching you POGs

What he said. Dude is a lovely poster but there's nothing wrong with that flick.

• Locked thread