Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Thauros posted:

It's nice to be reminded that some guys seem pretty cool outside the ring and not just while on the job:

Let's be honest here, did anyone really expect a man with arm tattoos of Santa and Frosty the Snowman to be a dick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Jay apologized sort of (not really)

jay Briscoe posted:

I feel very strongly about how and who should teach kids about certain things but I showed poor judgment by using that analogy and I'm sorry

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

Eh, I sorta respect that he acknowledged that he didn't change his opinion magically, but that he realizes it was a dick move.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bobkatt013 posted:

Assuming he wrote it, seems way too literate and coherent for Delaware.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

gfanikf posted:

Assuming he wrote it, seems way too literate and coherent for Delaware.

Hell with Delaware, it was too eloquent for the Eastern Shore in general, from my experience.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

How was that even an analogy?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Arbite posted:

How was that even an analogy?

this is what makes me think it's actually from Delaware.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Apparently Jay has deleted his Twitter.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

Apparently Jay has deleted his Twitter.

Smartest thing a wrestler has ever done. (Since none of them actually retire.)

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Since he can't stop talking about DEM FAGS his homophobic feelings, this is really for the best. It's a shame that he feels the way he does, and I hope his kids end up a lot more tolerant than he is. I'm sorry you apparently want to murder people for exposing your kids to people like me, Mr. Briscoe!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I was hoping that would happen. More wrestling companies should take that approach. It would stop Kurt Angle from getting hacked so much.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Tato posted:

I was hoping that would happen. More wrestling companies should take that approach. It would stop Kurt Angle from getting hacked so much.

Changing his password from Guest would also help.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

quote:

Ring of Honor Wrestling respects and appreciates every fan regardless of age, gender, race, religion or sexual preference.

The recent post by Jay Briscoe does not represent the views or opinions of Ring of Honor Wrestling, its owners, management or employees.

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
But Jay Briscoe is one of Ring of Honor's employees? :confused:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Bocc Kob posted:

But Jay Briscoe is one of Ring of Honor's employees? :confused:

I'm sure just like with the WWE he's considered an independent contractor, and its at least more accurate in this case since ROH guys can take outside bookings.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!

404GoonNotFound posted:

Let's be honest here, did anyone really expect a man with arm tattoos of Santa and Frosty the Snowman to be a dick?

Who is surprised? I haven't seen one person say they were surprised.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!

bobkatt013 posted:

Changing his password from Guest would also help.

Kurt now utilizing one of his three I's to change his password to "password69"

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

RudoReels posted:

Intoxication was never one of the 3 Is

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Intoxication was never one of the 3 Is

Dude, it took over for "Integrity" years ago :rolleyes:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lets see what Davey Richards has to say

Davey Richards þ@RichardsWesley posted:

My Gay marriage opinon. Good for them, love is blind. We don't have a marriage problem in the country, we have a divorce problem.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bobkatt013 posted:

Lets see what Davey Richards has to say

Not nearly as offensive as "I'm going to shoot you for educating my kids."

Its not really offensive at all.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

coconono posted:

Not nearly as offensive as "I'm going to shoot you for educating my kids."

Its not really offensive at all.

I know its a good tweet. Just shocking since Davey is an rear end in a top hat.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

bobkatt013 posted:

Team Ambition travelling up and down the country looking for divorced couples so Tony Kozima can shoot on them

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bobkatt013 posted:

He seems to have toned down quite a bit. Which, in saying that, Davey's due to rob a liquor store or something.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

RudoReels posted:

I thought Kurt's password was "goldmedal"

Thats the one I used.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Dude, it took over for "Integrity" years ago :rolleyes:
No, the third "I" is "Incorrect" as in "the password you have entered is incorrect" because he keeps getting hacked all the time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MariaKanellis posted:

@NOH8Campaign @ROHMikeBennett @ringofhonor #acceptance

(The NoH8 thing, for those who don't know, is a charitable campaign to promote gender, marriage, and human equality through advocacy and visual protest.)

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Crossposting from the ROH thread in regards to Jay's tweets.

ROH Facebook posted:

Jay Briscoe would like to again express his sincerest apologies and regrets to all, especially his young fans, for his recent hateful twitter comment. Ring of Honor has insisted that Jay also make a public apology at the Ring of Honor event this Saturday night. Jay will address the public during the event.

In addition to this apology, Ring of Honor and Jay have agreed that he will donate his full pay from the next two Ring of Honor events to the Partners Against Hate charitable organization. Partners Against Hate was created to help prevent, deter, and reduce juvenile hate-related behavior.

For more information on PAH, visit http://www.partnersagainsthate.org/

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I still think Briscoe is a piece of poo poo and is being forced to do this, but I'm impressed with ROH's response.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ring of Honor's response is a lot more than I expected from them, and I think it's great.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
The public apology should be interesting to watch.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Was Jay saying he hates gay people at ROH shows or something? How do you get fined and punished at your job for saying something outside of work?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Because he is employed by ROH, which is owned by Sinclair Broadcasting, and as a public representative of the company (and the champion no less), everything he says reflects upon the company, especially on a public medium like Twitter. He had the freedom to show everyone what a bigot he is, and Sinclair has the freedom to tell him to cut it the gently caress out or he'll be unemployed.

Tato fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 9, 2013

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Then is he an ROH employee or an independent contractor? I'm getting mixed signals! :mad:

It's pretty ridiculous considering Jay Briscoe's whole "thing" on Twitter is saying crazy poo poo that would normally offend some people, but now it's suddenly crossing a line. Threatening to shoot people who try to educate his children is a regular dumb redneck thing to say.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Bocc Kob posted:

Then is he an ROH employee or an independent contractor? I'm getting mixed signals! :mad:

It's pretty ridiculous considering Jay Briscoe's whole "thing" on Twitter is saying crazy poo poo that would normally offend some people, but now it's suddenly crossing a line. Threatening to shoot people who try to educate his children is a regular dumb redneck thing to say.

Interesting isn't it how dumb redneck bullshit doesn't mesh well with corporate PR. Whoda thunk.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The fact that it took this long for him to "cross a line" or to be disciplined excuses nothing he's said in the past. If anything they probably should have taken him to task a lot sooner and definitely not make him the champion of the whole company.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 38 days!
Considering that most labor laws and employee contracts for non-rasslin' jobs usually have verbiage in them that allow companies to terminate employees who are perceived as giving the company a "bad image", it shouldn't be any big shock that Briscoe got his hand slapped for his stupid poo poo. I'm sure wrestling company contracts have much the same kind of wording in them, it's just up to the company as whether they choose to enforce it or not.

Jay being an "independent contractor" doesn't mean he can say whatever poo poo he wants with no repercussions from ROH or Sinclair, it just means it's easier for them to fire him if they want. At the end of the day it's all about protecting the company's public image. That's why when you hear about people who got fired for doing things like bitching about their jobs on FB, it's important to remember that the company didn't fire them because they took their (in many cases legitimate) grievances public; it's because they don't want anyone reading that and going "Well, <so and so company> is terrible, I won't do business with them again!"

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 9, 2013

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This could turn out awkward as poo poo. How tolerant are ROH crowds usually to this sort of thing? If he goes to apologize or whatever and they start booing or being assholes it's gonna look really loving awful.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Bocc Kob posted:

There is a difference between publicly saying "i'll shoot all gays and anyone else who tries to tell me those gays are people too." and whatever ridiculous redneck stuff you think he normally says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

There is a difference between publicly saying "i'll shoot all gays and anyone else who tries to tell me those gays are people too." and whatever ridiculous redneck stuff you think he normally says.

He says things

To all da hoes, sluts, skanks, he-shes, she-hes and homos that be whorin it up on da eastcoast... this hurricanes for you.
"drat theres a lot of fags out in New York today."