Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Autonomous Monster posted:

EDIT: In other news, /a/ has a rough translation of 45 out and up on mediafire. So, uh, what's the etiquette for this? Do I post the link or what?
Yes. Please do! Why wouldn't you?

Personally, I'd never venture into /a/ while there are potential spoilers for a story I care about as much as this floating about, so it'd be cool if you could post a link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

http://www.mediafire.com/?v47wwv1b2p1ku9x

Eiba posted:

Why wouldn't you?

I just wasn't sure if rough/early scans were kosher here and didn't want to step on any toes.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
You can also check out http://www.reddit.com/r/shingekinokyojin. If there's a release, it'll be the first link, so no digging required!

So glad it's a chapter that ends on a hopeful note. Get motivated, eat angry.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Just put the direct link in:
http://imgur.com/a/7GiAh

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

c45 chat:

Focus on Mikasa and Armin's relationship was nice. It's not something the manga touches on often and it's quite sweet, really.
Mikasa crying into her scarf was... :ohdear: I just want to give her a hug and tell her everything's going to be alright. And to stop just shutting down whenever she thinks she's lost Eren, good God woman.
Hannes' "I've never seen [Eren] win [a fight]" amused me more than it probably should've. Oh Eren. Though I'm willing to give him the victory over Reiner, he earnt it.
Speaking of that, Hannes is in this chapter! And Pixis! And Jean! :woop:
One of the things I was worried about, after the spoilers, was that this would be spun out into a fullblown rescue arc and it'd be half a year before we saw any plot progression. But no, it looks like this should be wrapped up pretty quickly.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

c45 chat:

Focus on Mikasa and Armin's relationship was nice. It's not something the manga touches on often and it's quite sweet, really.
Mikasa crying into her scarf was... :ohdear: I just want to give her a hug and tell her everything's going to be alright. And to stop just shutting down whenever she thinks she's lost Eren, good God woman.
Hannes' "I've never seen [Eren] win [a fight]" amused me more than it probably should've. Oh Eren. Though I'm willing to give him the victory over Reiner, he earnt it.
One of the things I was worried about, after the spoilers, was that this would be spun out into a fullblown rescue arc and it'd be half a year before we saw any plot progression. But no, it looks like this should be wrapped up pretty quickly.

Hannes is such a dead man. Seriously the only thing that could make him deader is if he commented that he was gonna retire in a week.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

http://i.imgur.com/XX2XnA4.jpg

I hope that sadness gets delivered like a punch in the gut in the anime :smith:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

c45 chat:

I'm not so sure. They are stuck in the forest, with nothing to do but talk provided Ymir manages to stop Eren from spazzing out. I don't think everything will be explained by any means, but we are due for some exposition and flashbacks.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

Hannes is such a dead man. Seriously the only thing that could make him deader is if he commented that he was gonna retire in a week.

This manga's never had any problem offing characters without death flags before, so I'm hoping that all these flags now mean he's actually going to survive.

Hah, who am I kidding? He hasn't got a prayer.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Serious Frolicking posted:

I'm not so sure. They are stuck in the forest, with nothing to do but talk provided Ymir manages to stop Eren from spazzing out. I don't think everything will be explained by any means, but we are due for some exposition and flashbacks.

There's only one person in the world who can stop Eren from spazzing out, and it ain't Ymir.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

This was my first thought as well. I hope not though, I really like Hannes. :smith:

Also it's hilarious that everyone acknowledges that Eren just doesn't win fights.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

Also it's hilarious that everyone acknowledges that Eren just doesn't win fights.

Yea Eren reminds me of Edward from FMA, specifically the Brotherhood anime, in how it seemed like Edward never won a fight until the very end of the series. He always just got the crap kicked out of him.

Also that scene of Mikasa crying is just super sad.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What? Edward won tons of fights. He beat the priest in the first episode/chapter, guy on the train, the armored dude in the labratory, he beat Greed(well, the fight was interrupted but he was going to win), ect.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

It has been a really long time since I have watched that show. I was just remembering him getting beat up a lot, and equated that with him losing.

PowFu
Dec 31, 2010
I don't think I've ever seen anyone eat lunch in such an intense manner.

Also I like how Hanji still does her job even though she's severely injured and can barely get off the floor.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

coreycoryecorey posted:

It has been a really long time since I have watched that show. I was just remembering him getting beat up a lot, and equated that with him losing.

Edward got beaten up a lot because while he was a cyborg Alchemy prodigy, he was still a middle schooler, going up against trained adults and nigh-immortal monsters.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Since we ended with "yo eren" I'm half expecting the first panel of the next chapter to have Eren transforming right back into a titan in a fit of rage.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

lil baby anime posted:

Since we ended with "yo eren" I'm half expecting the first panel of the next chapter to have Eren transforming right back into a titan in a fit of rage.

I doubt he's got it left in him. He's just woken up after the last fight, and he was still shaky from the fight(s) with Annie when he started that one. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has trouble standing.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Well, poo poo. I didn't think the sixty-meter body press would actually work, although in retrospect I'm not entirely sure why I thought that. Maybe I just couldn't believe that Eren would keep on losing. Still, this ensures we get more Reiner and Bertholdt, which is never a bad thing. God, why does this have to be a monthly? I want more Shingeki now, damnit!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Well, poo poo. I didn't think the sixty-meter body press would actually work, although in retrospect I'm not entirely sure why I thought that. Maybe I just couldn't believe that Eren would keep on losing. Still, this ensures we get more Reiner and Bertholdt, which is never a bad thing. God, why does this have to be a monthly? I want more Shingeki now, damnit!

Also more Ymir. More Ymir is seldom a bad thing, and it looks like she's already starting to recover from her little dismemberment problem.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

I have read it. I don't think there's a holy poo poo big enough. This is the best manga.
Having read the chapter... I really wish people wouldn't do this. Or at least had the decency to do it behind spoiler tags. Seriously. I was waiting for a holy poo poo moment that never came. It was lame.

Especially because what was there was really good. Liked all the much needed character moments, and I'm interested to see how the Military Police will do in actual combat. After all, even if they're technically skilled, they're all rookies in terms of fighting Titans. I'm kind of glad it looks like Marlow isn't there, as I'm sure most of these people are going to die.

But yeah, this was mostly setup for the next chapter... a rather small holy poo poo will suffice. Definitely the best manga, though.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

I doubt he's got it left in him. He's just woken up after the last fight, and he was still shaky from the fight(s) with Annie when he started that one. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has trouble standing.
He's not going to just sit there and listen to an explanation from the two bastards who killed his mother, murdered thousands, and stole everything from him. He's going to turn titan, get his rear end kicked, THEN we'll hear Reiner and Berthold have their say.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Soulcleaver posted:

He's not going to just sit there and listen to an explanation from the two bastards who killed his mother, murdered thousands, and stole everything from him. He's going to turn titan, get his rear end kicked, THEN we'll hear Reiner and Berthold have their say.

Wrong

He's going to try and turn into a titan, get reminded by them that they are in a loving tree and that if he transforms he'll fall and probably endanger Ymir in the process. He then transforms anyways and lands face first on the ground. Repeat, with this time him actually listening to them

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Eiba posted:

Having read the chapter... I really wish people wouldn't do this. Or at least had the decency to do it behind spoiler tags. Seriously. I was waiting for a holy poo poo moment that never came. It was lame.

Especially because what was there was really good. Liked all the much needed character moments, and I'm interested to see how the Military Police will do in actual combat. After all, even if they're technically skilled, they're all rookies in terms of fighting Titans. I'm kind of glad it looks like Marlow isn't there, as I'm sure most of these people are going to die.

But yeah, this was mostly setup for the next chapter... a rather small holy poo poo will suffice. Definitely the best manga, though.

The holy poo poo is that Bertholdt and Reiner actually won. If you don't think that was amazing then that's fine, but I wasn't saying it to be disingenuous.

I'm kidding, the holy poo poo was Armin and Mikasa eating the poo poo out of those rations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Stupid unrealistic theory #4837:

Generalissimo Dallis Zacklay is actually Sasquatch. I base this on the fact he has a killer beard.

e: yes I realize this is "Armin ate Eren's mom" levels of stupid.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 9, 2013

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Edward got beaten up a lot because while he was a cyborg Alchemy prodigy, he was still a middle schooler, going up against trained adults and nigh-immortal monsters.

Ed and friends also managed to figure out the big bad of the series evil plan and thwart him at practically the last second. Whether or not Eren and friends can do the same, remains to be the same, unfortunately :( .

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Wrong

He's going to try and turn into a titan, get reminded by them that they are in a loving tree and that if he transforms he'll fall and probably endanger Ymir in the process. He then transforms anyways and lands face first on the ground. Repeat, with this time him actually listening to them

This is bullshit, man. Eren would never listen. Berthold is just going to have to Titanfy and sit on the squirming and biting Eren Titan while Reiner has a conversation with Ymir.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Gyges posted:

This is bullshit, man. Eren would never listen. Berthold is just going to have to Titanfy and sit on the squirming and biting Eren Titan while Reiner has a conversation with Ymir.
Please let this happen.

Hanji is the best. Still doing her job while out of commission. :3

Isn't it still a bit dangerous to not tie them up? If they're waiting until nightfall to move again Ymir at the very least might recover enough to get away.

Very glad Jean is still alive! :woop:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Gyges posted:

That would be one of the most unintentionally hilarious sequences ever. I second wanting to see this.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Autumncomet posted:

Please let this happen.

Hanji is the best. Still doing her job while out of commission. :3

Isn't it still a bit dangerous to not tie them up? If they're waiting until nightfall to move again Ymir at the very least might recover enough to get away.

Very glad Jean is still alive! :woop:

Boy would their faces be red if Eren or Ymir just fell off the tree while unconscious and died.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Broad prediction for the next chapter--Reiner's finally going to have The Talk with Eren about what the human titans are after, we'll learn what the real backstory is between Reiner/Bert/Ymir and we'll either learn why Eren is so loving important to them or get a Grisha namedrop. Then, at the moment of the most crucial and story-turning revelation as Eren is convinced that the human titans are pretty alright dudes (or at least worth tagging along with), Mikasa will show up and ruin everything. ~fin~

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Even if they turn out to be saints Eren isn't going to forgive them for killing hundreds of thousands of people.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Sometimes you can't make an omelet without sending hideous behemoths to devour a few cities.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Causing a dude to helplessly watch his mother be eaten alive by a twisted horror out of nightmares is pretty unconductive for getting him to take your side.

Guessing Ymir is going to be the one to point out that Eren's unceasing declaration of hatred for all things Titan should have tipped Reiner off to that.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Gyges posted:

Causing a dude to helplessly watch his mother be eaten alive by a twisted horror out of nightmares is pretty unconductive for getting him to take your side.

Guessing Ymir is going to be the one to point out that Eren's unceasing declaration of hatred for all things Titan should have tipped Reiner off to that.

It's not entirely unreasonable for him to think that he could get Eren to come around. After all, Reiner did himself (or at least, I think that's the case). When Reiner was having that little rant before transforming, he talked about how they were just kids (that is, he, Bert, and Annie were just kids) and didn't know anything, presumably referring to when they broke the wall. He'd never actually interacted with humans within the wall, and he was likely indoctrinated from a young age to hate them, and then sent to destroy them. He carries out the first part of the mission successfully, because he still isn't really thinking of the humans killed as people. During the infiltration, though, he's interacting with them constantly, and he comes to have a lot of respect for the nobility of their struggle against overwhelming odds (and Eren's sheer defiant idealism probably inspired him in this regard; a class where all the top graduates join the Royal Police wouldn't have had the same influence). Now he's caught between two worlds, where he doesn't really want people on either side to suffer. Eren is similar to where Reiner was before he broke the wall, and he's pretty much the only person who has the opportunity to see what Reiner has, from the opposite direction, and Reiner is hoping that Eren respects him enough to let him explain things, just as Eren likely changed his point of view. There's a lot about the conflict that we don't know, because we have no real idea about The human titans' backgrounds (although what we saw from Annie suggests life isn't too radically different), but I think we can guess Reiner's position reasonably accurately.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2

RatHat posted:

Even if they turn out to be saints Eren isn't going to forgive them for killing hundreds of thousands of people.

Maybe everyone who ever gets eaten is actually rebirthed miles away by a mother titan. Only you come out retarded and need to feed.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

EDIT: In other news, /a/ has a rough translation of 45 out and up on mediafire. So, uh, what's the etiquette for this? Do I post the link or what?
How rough a translation are we talking here? Claymore-level gibberish or reasonably adequate?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Hanji is pretty great, yeah. More than anything else, she believes in the cause of the scouting legion. She does whatever she has to to fight the war with the titans, be it treating captive titans nicely or threatening to murder a priest. She is sort of like a version of Eren who isn't a dumbass.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Serious Frolicking posted:

Hanji is pretty great, yeah. More than anything else, she believes in the cause of the scouting legion. She does whatever she has to to fight the war with the titans, be it treating captive titans nicely or threatening to murder a priest. She is sort of like a version of Eren who isn't a dumbass.

So she's not like Eren at all then?

Kidding, kidding. Eren also has murderous shonen spirit on his side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Jackard posted:

How rough a translation are we talking here? Claymore-level gibberish or reasonably adequate?

I wouldn't have noticed it weren't the usual scans if it hadn't been pointed out to me.