Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
As much as I like playing Renekton, seeing him and nasus in competitive games is just such a trite combo. I hesitate to call him OP, but having them get HP gain and AOE damage while already being buff and having sustain is just, kinda unexciting 'oh look they engaged and the Ren/Nasus double ulted again and ran around till everyone else died'

I realize you can eventually zone them and if you put them behind ignore me a bit, but meh.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Zahki posted:

Vilerozes hair makes me feel uncomfortable

Studio's main job was to coach him to have such great hair :allears:

Edit: Nice baron sneak from velocity. They have full control. Studio your team is doing pretty ok :911:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Stop it with the world of warcraft references :mad:

GEExCEE
Sep 19, 2012

Well done, Velocity!

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
I kind of wanted TSB to win, but letting Nasus/Renekton through a second time was so dumb that they simply didn't deserve it.

E: Wait, was Nasus even in the second game? I already forgot.

Comrade Question fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 10, 2013

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Vileroze was bad, bad, bad all game and my god does he need to cut off all the child molesting pubic hair on his head

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Htffssfgghghghh WHY DO THEY HAVE TO SCARE ME LIKE THAT. Game 3 I was worried for the throw until the mid turret dive and ace

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Studio posted:

Htffssfgghghghh WHY DO THEY HAVE TO SCARE ME LIKE THAT. Game 3 I was worried for the throw until the mid turret dive and ace

Please give us ad libs for talking about your team members.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Maplestreet's bony legs :psyduck:

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Maplestreet is officially the most awkward person I've ever seen.

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Studio you need to broaden your coaching. That was a pretty funny interview. I hope Velocity wins though, fun to watch.

rhazes
Dec 17, 2006

Reduce the rectal spread!
Use glory holes instead!

An official message from the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control

KicksYouInHalf posted:

A younger, more awkward TheOddOne.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
Grats studio :)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Just saw the interview. I love these guys :allears:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

People need to stop trolling by hovering over Heimerdinger and just pick him godamnit. I want to see more 19 minute wins!
Are the actual promotion matches tomorrow or are they still doing those today?

Miftan fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 11, 2013

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Miftan posted:

"It's a good thing Velocity has a drill sergeant". Studio shoutout on stream by the casters. :neckbeard:

I think they're referring to Maplestreet when they say that (to tie it into TheOddOne being "The General"). Or was the context for that one different?

Miftan posted:

Are the actual promotion matches tomorrow or are they still doing those today?

They're tomorrow and Sunday.

Copycat Zero fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 11, 2013

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

MOURNFUL: ALAS,
POOR YORICK
TL's post says all four first round matches are today, then two Bo5s each tomorrow and Sunday.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

The Mash posted:

Vileroze was bad, bad, bad all game and my god does he need to cut off all the child molesting pubic hair on his head

Studio -- get on this?

A Velocity with Pr0lly would be terrifying.

e: Can't say I care about these teams. Looks like TS is winning, which is cool since then we get the LOCUST v. Dig grudge match.

semicolonsrock fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 11, 2013

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Vileroze landed all the right lasers as lux, though, he's definitely the reason they edged out those last two games

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
Fair.

So what makes Varus' ult so hard to land? I've never played as him.

GEExCEE
Sep 19, 2012

The projectile seems pretty slow, but I think it's mostly confirmation bias. IIRC, there was a game where Yellowpete missed a bunch of them and now everyone just goes "OMG VARUS ULT" whenever one misses.

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends
It's amazing the difference of these Sona's versus the ones played on LCS teams. Miss miss miss misssssss

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

manwithoutskin posted:

It's amazing the difference of these Sona's versus the ones played on LCS teams. Miss miss miss misssssss

LemonNation's seemed fine to me. :allears:

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.

GEExCEE posted:

The projectile seems pretty slow, but I think it's mostly confirmation bias. IIRC, there was a game where Yellowpete missed a bunch of them and now everyone just goes "OMG VARUS ULT" whenever one misses.

I've never really had issues landing Varus ult but I'm guessing the pro's can just tell when you're trying to land it and move out of the way. It travels about as fast or faster than a Blitz hook so :shrug:

E:

I was curious so I checked. Varus ult travel speed is 2000 and Blitz's grab is 1800. So Varus ult is easier to land than Blitz grabs.

Okita fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 11, 2013

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Is that ginger kid like 12 or something?

Edot: Demonlul

Schiavona fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 11, 2013

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Jonny Angel posted:

LemonNation's seemed fine to me. :allears:

Was it l0cust? His Sona ults are kinda rear end.

I just got home, any exciting plays from TS versus Virus's team?

GrahamBLY
Aug 3, 2006
Better Luck Yesterday
Why doesn't Shen ever get banned in pro games? He's the most boring/annoying/confounding son of a bitch in the whole game, and he's in every game! What is the counterplay to Shen splitpushing with his ult up?

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Studio posted:

Was it l0cust? His Sona ults are kinda rear end.

I just got home, any exciting plays from TS versus Virus's team?

L0cust played a really solid Thresh the second game. They were just all around solid not making many mistakes or throwing. All I remember is that Otter had good positioning and never got caught out. Most of the plays were failed initiations on L0cust and TS just cleaning them up after. Captain Korea had enough AP that he melted the tanks before they could take down the enemy AD carry.

IBentMyWookie fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 11, 2013

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
So Azure Cats is good.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

foutre posted:

So Azure Cats is good.

Disgusting stomp. They and Quantic are clearly on a different level.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
What's everyone's predictions for today?

I think Complexity will 3-2 Quantic by playing non-standard. That's Quantic's one real weakness right now and Complexity should know it and how to abuse it.

MRN will 3-1 Velocity. I feel that this one is far more of a tossup, but I have faith that 10 weeks in the LCS did MRN well and we'll see more solid play out of them than we did Velocity yesterday.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Riftling posted:

I think Complexity will 3-2 Quantic by playing non-standard. That's Quantic's one real weakness right now and Complexity should know it and how to abuse it.

MRN will 3-1 Velocity. I feel that this one is far more of a tossup, but I have faith that 10 weeks in the LCS did MRN well and we'll see more solid play out of them than we did Velocity yesterday.

I'm really torn on Quantic-CoL because I really like both teams. I think it'll be a toss up either way.
As for Velocity and MRN, I really want Velocity to win, but I don't think they're up for it. MRN's improved a lot from their qualifier until now and we're about to see how much better 10 weeks of LCS matches make a team.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
I'm thinking MRN and maaayybe CoL.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Quantic 3-0 Complexity

- Quantic are a good established team while Complexity have the experience of LCS but were never really up to it apart from the odd game.

Marn 3-2 Velocity

- Megazero will be the difference I think, he'll win his lane every game and tip the balance.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Okita posted:

I've never really had issues landing Varus ult but I'm guessing the pro's can just tell when you're trying to land it and move out of the way. It travels about as fast or faster than a Blitz hook so :shrug:

E:

I was curious so I checked. Varus ult travel speed is 2000 and Blitz's grab is 1800. So Varus ult is easier to land than Blitz grabs.

It's easy enough to land on one person, but it's incredibly hard to have his ult hit the majority of a team. The spread of the tendrils takes nearly 2 seconds to lock down the second set of people.

MatildaTheHun fucked around with this message at 17:38 on May 11, 2013

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
I'm most interested in CLG vs AzureCats. CLG has seemed like they've been in a huge meltdown and AC seems like they've got the proverbial "hunger" to move to the next step. They definitely had some weak spots though from watching their games yesterday.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Azure also has CLG's former mid.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Riftling posted:

Quantic 3-0, I don't think Complexity is that good.

MRN will 3-0 Velocity. Velocity is a really shaky team and seemed to barely win it yesterday. MRN is inconsistent but with 10 weeks of LAN experience they are not going to have the nerves that Velocity has.

TS vs Dignitas, Dig seems to be on a really bad tilt at the moment so going to call it 3-2 for Dig.

CLG vs AzureCats, 3-1 Azurecats. The way CLG has been playing losing to MRN and Vulcan just shows how easily they can fall apart and throw. Azurecats have a better top lane and jungler. Link vs Jiji is a wash since neither is all that aggressive. Doublelift and Aphromoo are fine if left alone but they are going to get ganked and Chauster will not be there to counter.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
I personally just wonder how many teams will throw a 2-0 Series lead to go lose 2-3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Dyllyn posted:

I personally just wonder how many teams will throw a 2-0 Series lead to go lose 2-3.

That does seem to happen a lot. I just want to see AC v CLG and Quantic v CoL. I'm assuming the CLG/Cats match is tomorrow, but I won't be able to watch it. Do the VODs get posted to Leagueapedia within 24 hours?

• Locked thread