Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

BlitzBlast posted:

Though looking at the mirror on the title, it'll probably be the ability to clone people.
Bosses for th14 confirmed:
Stage 1: Youmu
Stage 2: Sakuya
Stage 3: Sanae
Stage 4: Marisa
Stage 5: Reimu
Stage 6: Mima
Ex Stage: Mima again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nages posted:

Stage 1: Youmu
Stage 2: Sakuya
Stage 3: Sanae
Stage 4: Marisa
Stage 5: Reimu

EX Stage is Runia, you moron

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
gently caress Mima. Real fans want Shinki back.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Falls Down Stairs posted:

It's always a weird feeling to see what ZUN-art looks like nowadays.

And what it looks like nowadays is :buddy:

No super-noticeable anatomy mistakes though! He is learning.

Notice that Title Screen Reimu is doing her damnedest to make sure you can't see her hands. He is learning. :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Wait, Sakuya isn't a human? What is she then?

A Time Lord? :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

You see, Sakuya is a Lunarian because

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

KataraniSword posted:

Notice that Title Screen Reimu is doing her damnedest to make sure you can't see her hands. He is learning. :allears:

On the other hand, Reimu's hair is pretty terrible and her sleeves almost fully cover her arm. One step forward, two back.

Fighting Falken
Aug 13, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

Sakuya is maid Dio Brando, but with a much better personality. This is the only good theory because of dumb reasons. :colbert:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Volt Catfish posted:

You see, Sakuya is a Lunarian because

I think the "reasoning" behind that was 'silver hair' + 'something ZUN said about Sakuya and Eirin when he was more drunk than usual'. Oh, and because her first boss song had the word "Luna(r)" in it.

Which is to say, about as much reasoning as some of the more batshit theories out there.

Fighting Falken posted:

Sakuya is maid Dio Brando, but with a much better personality. This is the only good theory because of dumb reasons. :colbert:

Meidio Brando is the correct response forever, though. She's just not a vampire because ZUN thought it'd be funny to have a human working for one.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The reasoning is that Eirin's profile says she was surprised to see Sakuya. Everything else from there is fan extrapolation.

EDIT: And by extrapolation, I mean reading waaaay too far into things.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 11, 2013

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
People just latched on to it because beyond the question of how a lunarian would end up as a maid for a vampire, it's a neat explanation tying together the scant info there is on her. How she's got weird unexplained powers despite not being from Gensokyo, Eirin and Sakuya knowing of each other (of course, IN never took it further than having Sakuya know that Eirin/Kaguya were from the moon, and Eirin recognizing her), passing similarity in hair/eye-colors to lunarians (other than Kaguya), etc. Don't subscribe to it myself, but hardly the most out-there theory.

Either way, knives own, so I will look forward to TH14.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

I'm happy Sakuya is back, same with Youmu in 13. After all the "Sakuya you,re not I'm this one ether, lol" jokes I'm also looking forward to the new ones that come from this.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm looking forward to all the fanart of devastated Sanae.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I'm happy I'll be able to play as Sakuya too. I usually switched between her and Reimu in PCB, and I actually enjoyed using her in IN. I've never really paid attention to the fandom beyond the games, though, so I'm not really following this Lunarian talk. When I hear Lunarian, all I think of is FuSoYa from FFIV.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
There's already speculation that the boss in one of the screenshots is Orin, but there's just too much up in the air.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

leather fedora posted:

There's already speculation that the boss in one of the screenshots is Orin, but there's just too much up in the air.

It looks more like a long red hood instead of red hair, though.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Volt Catfish posted:

It looks more like a long red hood instead of red hair, though.

Red Riding Hood is now a Touhou character. She got lost on the way to Grandma's house.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Looking at the screenshot of the mystery boss, I was thinking a hijab. It's about time we had an Islamic Touhou character. I'm sure Zun would appreciate their headgear.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Fan art of mystery boss has already been made. Touhou fan works fast!

Interesting not-red-hood interpretation.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Reimu's arms go down to her calves :stare:

Any speculation if there be any integration plot-wise with the new fighting game? Does ZUN write the plots for both? Since one is entrenched firmly in the religion arc while the other is a step away from it, I'm wondering if he will try to limit the total number of new characters.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

I wouldn't have minded seeing a different new playable character, like Youmu in Ten Desires, but I liked playing as Sakuya when she showed up, so what the heck.

I also think ZUN's gotten relatively decent with his art lately, even if Reimu is wearing pillowcases on her arms in that first pic.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DrSunshine posted:

Red Riding Hood is now a Touhou character. She got lost on the way to Grandma's house.

Clearly she took the path of persuasion needles.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Nyaa posted:

Fan art of mystery boss has already been made. Touhou fan works fast!

Interesting not-red-hood interpretation.

Oh, it's Kohaku.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Schwarzwald posted:

Oh, it's Kohaku.

From Tsukihime? Oh poo poo.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Artificer posted:

From Tsukihime? Oh poo poo.

Shiki can kill Youkai. Discuss.

That'd be one crossover I'd pay to see.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Decoy Badger posted:

Reimu's arms go down to her calves :stare:

Any speculation if there be any integration plot-wise with the new fighting game? Does ZUN write the plots for both? Since one is entrenched firmly in the religion arc while the other is a step away from it, I'm wondering if he will try to limit the total number of new characters.

None of the other games ever tied in with the fighting games. Touhou 14 probably doesn't have anything to do with 13.5. If I recall correctly, MoF and SWR came out around the same time as each other and that didn't stop MoF from having 7 new characters and only 1 reoccurring.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nages posted:

Stage 1: Mima
Stage 2: Mima
Stage 3: Mima
Stage 4: Mima
Stage 5: Mima

It took me way longer than expected to find this since Littleshrimp apparently scrubbed the internet of his fanart, how annoying!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Trihugger posted:

None of the other games ever tied in with the fighting games.

SA's prologue posted:

Snow falls on the Hakurei Shrine in winter.
It had been destroyed by an earthquake before, but now it's back to normal.

UFO's prologue posted:

Marisa "Rumors like this keep popping up ever since the harvests failed last year thanks to that weird weather we had.
People wanna leave their troubles to the gods, or at least to someone else."
Also Suika is straight up a shot in SA.

quote:

If I recall correctly, MoF and SWR came out around the same time as each other and that didn't stop MoF from having 7 new characters and only 1 reoccurring.

MoF Release Date: August 17, 2007 (Trial: May 20, 2007)
SWR Release Date: May 25th, 2008 (Trial: August 17th too, but the SWR trial was very much its own thing)

I'm basically the fact checker now aren't I.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Look, you can't let yourself be held back by common sense (or facts) in Gensokyo.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I hate new game speculation, because it brings all the Mima fans out of the woodwork.
...not that I don't like Mima fans! Of course I like those guys. You guys are great. But yeah, speculation, and then people getting their hopes crushed. It gets old fast.

Good to see Sakuya's back, though.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Hazdoc posted:

I hate new game speculation, because it brings all the Mima fans out of the woodwork.
...not that I don't like Mima fans! Of course I like those guys. You guys are great. But yeah, speculation, and then people getting their hopes crushed. It gets old fast.

Good to see Sakuya's back, though.

Does anyone actually seriously expect Mima anymore? I thought it was a running gag.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Clarste posted:

Does anyone actually seriously expect Mima anymore? I thought it was a running gag.

Oh, they're still out there. One such individual was the one who alerted me to the new game. He was pretty excited about how "touhou was going to go back to its roots".

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Hazdoc posted:

He was pretty excited about how "touhou was going to go back to its roots".

The poor fool. Touhou "going back to its roots" can only mean more Yuuka.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Pureauthor posted:

Look, you can't let yourself be held back by common sense (or facts) in Gensokyo.

Maybe I'm just a little miffed about Sanae not being in the new game. She went from one of my least liked characters from MoF to one of my favorites in UFO and TD. So common sense be damned.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Hazdoc posted:

He was pretty excited about how "touhou was going to go back to its roots".

So he wants another Breakout clone? :haw:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Clarste posted:

We don't expect her. We just really like the Fantasia outfit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I do want her to return, but I don't expect her to. If nothing else but to get a reimagined version of her theme, a Mima Magus Night, if you will. :allears:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Captain Invictus posted:

I do want her to return, but I don't expect her to. If nothing else but to get a reimagined version of her theme, a Mima Magus Night, if you will. :allears:

Reincarnation done in the style of Magus Night would be the best thing.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

nielsm posted:

So he wants another Breakout clone? :haw:

I'd actually buy that, regardless of if ZUN or a Touhou dojin circle made it. HRTP was a lot better than people give it credit for, even though it's rapidly approaching the age where it, itself, is old enough to drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ElMaligno posted:

Reincarnation done in the style of Magus Night would be the best thing.
Oh my god yes.