Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Samurai Ultrazord.
Samurai Gigazord :eng101:

Bandai made a different version for the US. First off, the Samurai Zords were smaller. Second, Samurai Folding Zords couldn't fold. So if you had all the parts for the Gigazord, the yellow zord would be a dangling arm instead of triangle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone catch Akibaranger S2E02? They've made up for the boring recap in E1 for sure!

This screen seemed a bit appropriate:

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 20, 2013

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

PerrineClostermann posted:

Anyone catch Akibaranger S2E02? They've made up for the boring recap in E1 for sure!

This screen seemed a bit appropriate:

I had a good laugh at that one. As well as aRe YoU iNtO bUtTs?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I really liked the differences between Red/Yellow's Akibaranger and Blue's Akibaranger. Here's hoping the next episode explores what's changed.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Zedd posted:

I hope the current Sentai's robot's make a big universal clusterfuck again. :allears:
I want Samurai Ha-Oh * G12 Formation in terms of silliness.

Doubtful. Its gimmick and electronics don't work for large zord formations. At best you can expect to see something as lame and boring as Dino Thunder's combinations.

You can't even make a megazord with all five kyoryugers' zords. You get Red with two as arms. They just introduced the sixth Kyoryuger and its' combination is simply a pair of wings ala the Ninja Falconzord. Meanwhile you STILL have two zords just standing around doing nothing.

Dr Tran posted:

Samurai Gigazord :eng101:

Bandai made a different version for the US. First off, the Samurai Zords were smaller. Second, Samurai Folding Zords couldn't fold. So if you had all the parts for the Gigazord, the yellow zord would be a dangling arm instead of triangle.

The Gigazord is a loving joke compared to Ha-Oh. I just wish I had the money to get all the Shinkenger zords now that I have the US release of Shinken-Oh.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SpazmasterX posted:

The Gigazord is a loving joke compared to Ha-Oh. I just wish I had the money to get all the Shinkenger zords now that I have the US release of Shinken-Oh.
On my last trip to Little Tokyo, I saw some used Mougyudaiohs for sale. Holy poo poo, they were huge.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Oh man I just caught up with the first episode of Season 2 of Akibaranger and Of course they complete gently caress with the continuity. What a gloriously weird show.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

J33uk posted:

Oh man I just caught up with the first episode of Season 2 of Akibaranger and Of course they complete gently caress with the continuity. What a gloriously weird show.

I have a feeling that's actually going to be a plot point.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

PerrineClostermann posted:

I have a feeling that's actually going to be a plot point.

Oh I have no doubt about it, but for a good five minutes I was wondering if I had gone slightly mad.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Oh neat, a new PR thread. I always enjoy these.

Samurai was terrible, Super Samurai was terrible, Megaforce is just godawful, and it makes me sad to think about what they're going to turn Gokaiger into :smith:

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

You should probably change the link in the OP to that for the new tokusatsu thread.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Autumncomet posted:

You should probably change the link in the OP to that for the new tokusatsu thread.

Done, thanks for catching that.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

Sockser posted:

Oh neat, a new PR thread. I always enjoy these.

Samurai was terrible, Super Samurai was terrible, Megaforce is just godawful, and it makes me sad to think about what they're going to turn Gokaiger into :smith:

You mean... SUPER MEGAFORCE

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So the red ranger will never have the swagger to match Marvelous/Gokai Red, none of the cast will match the Gokaiger footage to be honest and here's SPD green further bringing hopes down with some scary info.

http://www.jefusion.com/2013/05/spd-green-ranger-comments-on-power-ranger-super-megaforce-cameos.html

quote:

First. I don't know what email Saban sent out. As far as I know - nobody in Disney era cast received a letter. Second. I totally get Karan. PR is one of the most top rated kids series in the world - the actors get paid peanuts to do it relative to any other show on television that doesn't play in every foreign market on earth. I actually make more at my current joe job per hour than they ever paid. They make tons of money off of licensing and merchandise, that doesn't trickle down to the actor.[/b]

quote:

To ask cast (except me apparently) to go down to NZ, essentially for free when you subtract food/airfare/hotel and the time away from responsibilities at home - is a LOSS. This is one of the major reasons why you started to have a rotating cast. So there aren't any contract negotiations. You have the cast. You milk them and then you cut them off. It's one of the reasons SPD/Mystic Force didn't have a team up. Wish it were different. I love the show and I love the fans. #Buttery

Last thing I'll say on this & you may Tumblr away at will. Saban probably doesn't even know who Bridge is, let alone who I am...and they will most likely never hire me as an actor or filmmaker. What has Saban done for you? You guys shat on Disney when they took over the franchise. Sure Disney might have messed up PR continuity, but they cared about the stories they were telling and the people involved. Say what you will, but this is the company we should be saluting for bring us more Star Wars.

So this poo poo is gonna be a great train wreck to watch. How hard is it to budget a loving anniversary season? Of the only show you have had success in? Like it's this easy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyRZzRChKII

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Red from Jungle Fury has been on set, so that's one Disney guy.

I wonder how the Disney Cruger suit has held up.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RBX posted:

So the red ranger will never have the swagger to match Marvelous/Gokai Red, none of the cast will match the Gokaiger footage to be honest and here's SPD green further bringing hopes down with some scary info.

http://www.jefusion.com/2013/05/spd-green-ranger-comments-on-power-ranger-super-megaforce-cameos.html

So this poo poo is gonna be a great train wreck to watch. How hard is it to budget a loving anniversary season? Of the only show you have had success in? Like it's this easy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyRZzRChKII

Super Megaforce is the name of the Gokaiger season, huh? Just took a look; wow, that doesn't look inspired by Gokaiger at all. You're right; this is going to be one hell of a trainwreck.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Dr Tran posted:

Red from Jungle Fury has been on set, so that's one Disney guy.

I wonder how the Disney Cruger suit has held up.

But no one cares about red from Jungle Fury, the bastard child of the PR franchise.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

SpazmasterX posted:

But no one cares about red from Jungle Fury, the bastard child of the PR franchise.

Jungle Fury isn't even the 3rd worst series of the franchise.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Operation Overdrive
Turbo
Jungle Fury
Megaforce
Samurai

Those are all pretty bad. From Mystic Force to RPM was a dark time and I see why the canceled it.

What I don't understand is why Saban wants to mix Goseiger suit with Gokaiger suits? They didn't learn from Mighty Morphin? They always cry about budget and money but go out of their way to make it hard. Now they have to find a way to make the whole changing process smooth with like 3 different transitions and not make it all too ridiculous. Then again this is the same group that named an actual season "Megaforce" and thought it was cool THEN was too lazy to come up with new names for any of the merch.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Even in their worst season, Disney did a pretty decent job of marking the franchise's anniversary.

Not the best episodes, but this (non-Overdrive) team is rad as gently caress.

With the way Saban Brands have handled things since getting it back, maybe Disney were right to smother the show when they did.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Update on trainwreck: No Power Rangers Exclusive Ranger Keys in "Super Megaforce"
Also, the Reds of SPD and Ninja Storm have both confirmed that they will not be appearing in Super Mega Force.

Some people are taking this news like a mature adult would (well, as mature as any adult who watches Power Rangers can be).

quote:

They. Don't. Care.

The TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC do not know who these people are. Why would they waste money trying to impress you adults, who will buy their merch regardless of how much you moan online.
Others...

quote:

except they SHOULD care because if the new kids see these old actors then they will want to watch all the old shows. which mean interest in toys and other crap that Saban can sell them! its about history drat it! that's like saying nobody needs to learn about the wars of the past because they didn't live back then. its just Saban being lazy assholes who disrespect everyone involved. this is a time when both Sentai fans and Power Ranger fans and fans of both need to work together and tell Saban to stop being freaking stupid and stop this show right now because its clear they can't do it justice. I would rather my children sit down and watch the old MMPR on DVD or do a marathon on Netflix then support this era's "Saban"

I loving love this poo poo.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
It's to be expected.
While it's almost certainly true that the kids don't give a poo poo about old rangers, Megaforce is already cheap and lazy, so why would they put effort into something like actually making new keys?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Making keys for those Rangers would be the dumbest thing. Only one that would really mean something is Titianium Ranger and he was just a Tommy retread anyway.

Like really A-Squad keys? Come on.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

RBX posted:

Like really A-Squad keys? Come on.

Why do they even count? They were bad guys the whole time.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

One thing about the Disney show's is they were NOT lazy. Just watching them with my daughter I can tell they had effort and love put into them.

Mystic Force I didn't like the suits, the whole magic thing, and the story didn't grab me.

Operation overdrive I didn't like the suit, the villains and their look, and I watched the Sentai first.

Jungle Fury was Jarrod chewing scenery the show. The spirit rangers looked really good though, they did a great job with them.

The common theme between them? Terrible theme songs!

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

RBX posted:

Mystic Force

RBX posted:

Terrible theme song!

:frogout:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Power Rangers hasn't had a good theme song since SPD.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Tae posted:

The exact order of seasons is eluding me at the moment, so this may actually be an empty complaint, but Dino Thunder had an awesome theme too

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

jivjov posted:

The exact order of seasons is eluding me at the moment, so this may actually be an empty complaint, but Dino Thunder had an awesome theme too

After SPD was Mystic, Overdrive, RPM, Saban openings.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

He even forgot Jungle Fury, that's how irrelevant it is.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

quote:

The TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC do not know who these people are. Why would they waste money trying to impress you adults, who will buy their merch regardless of how much you moan online.

I don't know who would buy anything since everything besides the action figures has been cheap garbage since Operation Overdrive. The disparity between North America and Japan when it's come to megazords is a joke. Even Boukenger's tiny Daibouken was still leaps and bounds of quality over OO's cost cutting garbage. Everything since than has just been a smaller and cheaper version of the Sentai version, with everything but the most barebones features removed. No reason RPM couldn't have used GoOnger's megazords with the electronics removed, but instead they made them smaller and flattened the Engine Souls. Samurai completely changed everything around and now the Samurai Gigazord, which should be huge and awesome, is an ugly hunk of plastic. Megaforce's all "zord" combination uses a character that doesn't even exist in the show, so they had to give you these weird extra plastic bits with all the heads to do something similar to it with the toy.

It's just bad, and now I probably won't miss the show anymore if Super Megaforce tanks the series.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So, the latest Akibaranger just had the "Powerful" Rangers from America show up. Red and Green, to be exact.

Anyone think it'd be neat to have a Super Sentai Power Rangers crossover?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
What's going on with Megaforce, anyway? Have they just stopped airing it?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

SpazmasterX posted:

I don't know who would buy anything since everything besides the action figures has been cheap garbage since Operation Overdrive. The disparity between North America and Japan when it's come to megazords is a joke. Even Boukenger's tiny Daibouken was still leaps and bounds of quality over OO's cost cutting garbage. Everything since than has just been a smaller and cheaper version of the Sentai version, with everything but the most barebones features removed. No reason RPM couldn't have used GoOnger's megazords with the electronics removed, but instead they made them smaller and flattened the Engine Souls. Samurai completely changed everything around and now the Samurai Gigazord, which should be huge and awesome, is an ugly hunk of plastic. Megaforce's all "zord" combination uses a character that doesn't even exist in the show, so they had to give you these weird extra plastic bits with all the heads to do something similar to it with the toy.

It's just bad, and now I probably won't miss the show anymore if Super Megaforce tanks the series.

Yea I was going to make an effort post about this same exact thing but didn't want to be called 'angry" and poo poo. I don't feel any type of way but not catering to us older fans is loving stupid. We already dont buy the poo poo, we just import then the toys sales have been declining (GEE I WONDER WHY)

IN OTHER SABAN IS INCOMPETENT NEWS:

The email sent to past Rangers:

quote:

We had been entertaining the possibility of past Rangers joining us for the longest time and didn't think it was possible to do. Due to so many requests from a number of past Rangers (as well as an overwhelming amount of requests from the fans, too!) we, as a production, talked it over and agree that it is a fabulous idea that we would like to make happen. This is also a wonderful opportunity to acknowledge all of the loyal fans and thank them for their support over 20 years. We want this to happen and we want as many of you as possible over here with us!!

Next comes the nitty-gritty of organizing such a task. The unfortunate reality is that including past Rangers was not part of our original budget. In order to include as many of you as possible in this shoot, we do not have massive funds at the individual level to offer each of you. We do hope that you bear this in mind as you consider our offer.

Your travel would depart LA on approx: May 22nd to arrive in NZ on May 24th, this day would be for fittings, then filming would take place on May 25th and 26th. May 27th would be a sightseeing day that we will organize, with your flight departing that evening

Please consider what this would mean to the fans to have so many past Rangers together in the same place at the same time.
New Zealand is a beautiful country and the current Rangers and crew here would all be honored to have you join us for this special 20th anniversary. We will try our best for sunny weather while you're here, too!

We truly wish that we were able to offer you more, and we hope that you will still consider this opportunity to join us as a Ranger once again.
It would be tremendous to welcome you here.

RBX fucked around with this message at 07:45 on May 11, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So their big anniversary season, based on a series whose entire gimmick was based on previous members showing up... didn't have a budget for returning cast members.

Why did they buy this back from Disney again?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Apparently they never planned to use a lot of Gokaiger footage and ask any previous rangers back AT ALL.

What the Christ.

Which makes me wonder just what were they gonna do instead of this?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tae posted:

That's because the composer for SPD's opening its the same one that did the first few openings.

At this point, I think Saban is just trying to run out their contract before offloading it while crapping out toys and episodes as needed.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

404GoonNotFound posted:

So their big anniversary season, based on a series whose entire gimmick was based on previous members showing up... didn't have a budget for returning cast members.
I think they wanted to skip Gokaiger, but their adaption contract did not allow it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Zedd posted:

I think they wanted to skip Gokaiger, but their adaption contract did not allow it.

Yeah, I don't have the details on hand, but there was some clause about having to adapt every season in order to maintain the rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jivjov posted:

Yeah, I don't have the details on hand, but there was some clause about having to adapt every season in order to maintain the rights.

I thought it was Goseiger they originally wanted to skip?