Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

AzMiLion posted:

Yep, It's the Force device, The design is mostly up to code, i just applied the same design philosophy to it that i did to the Vic Vipers to end up with my Turbo Viper series.
I also went and made it a brother

RX-03 Hydra by AzMiLion, on Flickr

Great.

Has anyone else build anything? or is this thread going to die thanks to imagined limitation and figural acrylonitrile butadiene styrene speculation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I built a few robots!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

AzMiLion posted:

Yep, It's the Force device, The design is mostly up to code, i just applied the same design philosophy to it that i did to the Vic Vipers to end up with my Turbo Viper series.
I also went and made it a brother

RX-03 Hydra by AzMiLion, on Flickr

poo poo yese, not just an R-Type but an asymmetric R-Type!

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Well Manicured Man posted:

I built a few robots!

I hope this is the final boss in Halo 5, because it would be awesome. If those rings could spin it would be perfect, but as is it's really creative and unique-looking.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I'm trying to order all the parts for the "Hall of Armor" instructions that Lego just put out, but there HAS to be an easier way to add the pieces in right? I don't have to add them all in individually do I?

Also, a lot of the parts in the set seem to be missing. Does this simply mean I can't order them and my only recourse it to buy two of the Malibu Mansion sets?

Edit: Ah, read the site wrong, thought you could build the set from the Malibu Mansion set.

obi_ant fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 9, 2013

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

obi_ant posted:

I'm trying to order all the parts for the "Hall of Armor" instructions that Lego just put out, but there HAS to be an easier way to add the pieces in right? I don't have to add them all in individually do I?

Also, a lot of the parts in the set seem to be missing. Does this simply mean I can't order them and my only recourse it to buy two of the Malibu Mansion sets?

Edit: Ah, read the site wrong, thought you could build the set from the Malibu Mansion set.

Could you post the link to this?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The Rage posted:

Could you post the link to this?

http://cache.lego.com/r/club/-/media/Club/Markets/US/Club%20codes/STARK.pdf

Edit: It's kind weird, Lego doesn't seem to normally release random instructions where you provide all the parts.

smackfu fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 9, 2013

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Fantastic

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

This thread needs more MOCs?
It's a good thing i can't stop building R-Types then!

RX-02-XL Jihaxus by AzMiLion, on Flickr

Stevoh
Feb 17, 2011
So I've been building this thing for a couple years now.

Well that isn't accurate, I stopped building this thing for over 1.5 years due to computer limitations. Now I built a computer that is the bees knees and have been re-working on this for the last couple months. However, I keep running into a build technique problem. Whenever I want to flip pieces or invert them so the studs face the ground(or any other direction to corresponding pieces), there is always a little gap between pieces. Like so:

Is there a technique I am missing that will allow me to have flipped pieces without any gap? The image with the plates having gap is one problem I have been putting off, but I would like to resolve this before I continue. I have seen finished builds where people have done this and I can't seem to solve it.

Have another question. So I have used a Technic skeleton for this thing and have found a similar gap issue just like my flipping/rotating pieces problem(s). Is there any tips on limiting this issue when combining technic and bricks, or is it just the nature of the beast? I got it to work, but if I were to build something smaller it might become an issue.

Also debating on whether to sell my complete Green Grocer. I think I paid around 120 for it years ago. Seems like I could get an easy 600 for it. But it is so pretty...

Some of your guys MOCs rock BTW.

AzMiLion I liked your use of the grill for intakes for your engines. I actually wanted to implement that into my shark ship, but found out the cover pieces don't come in the color I need.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Holy poo poo. :stare:

I don't even know where all it articulates, but wow!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

ChesterJT posted:

Holy poo poo. :stare:
Put me down for one of those too.

Is this a space shark?! It's amazing whatever it is.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Does it have the gap if both pieces face the same direction? If so, you could try assembling it, and then rotating it after. Lego Digital Designer has a lot of weird quirks like that.

It also seems like the piece you are using to do the flip has some gap between it, maybe there is another connector that doesn't have the gap

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Wild EEPROM posted:

Does it have the gap if both pieces face the same direction? If so, you could try assembling it, and then rotating it after. Lego Digital Designer has a lot of weird quirks like that.

It also seems like the piece you are using to do the flip has some gap between it, maybe there is another connector that doesn't have the gap

It does look like an issue with the parts used to connect the inverted plate with the adjacent non-inverted plate. Specifically, the parts look like 99207 and 99780. The way these parts interact produces a gap equal to thickness their brackets in two dimensions. Consider replacing 99780 with a side-studded brick like 11211, which should move the inverted plate rightward and upward (in the picture provided) 1/5 stud.

Stevoh
Feb 17, 2011

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

It does look like an issue with the parts used to connect the inverted plate with the adjacent non-inverted plate. Specifically, the parts look like 99207 and 99780. The way these parts interact produces a gap equal to thickness their brackets in two dimensions. Consider replacing 99780 with a side-studded brick like 11211, which should move the inverted plate rightward and upward (in the picture provided) 1/5 stud.

Wow, I don't know how I didnt think of this. I use that modified brick(11211) a lot too. This should help the head too and reduce piece count. Thanks!

I have a lot of other sea creature ship thingy ideas such as a Nautilus gunship(with tentacles armed with miniguns), Lionfish bomber, and a crab tank. Was thinking of making Lamprey drones too that can attach to the shark ship.

Thanks guys!

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Stevoh posted:

Wow, I don't know how I didnt think of this. I use that modified brick(11211) a lot too. This should help the head too and reduce piece count. Thanks!

I have a lot of other sea creature ship thingy ideas such as a Nautilus gunship(with tentacles armed with miniguns), Lionfish bomber, and a crab tank. Was thinking of making Lamprey drones too that can attach to the shark ship.

Thanks guys!

I remember seeing this in the thread a long time ago, thing is still bloody impressive.
Space sharkz

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I added all the parts in the "Hall of Armour" set that came out, a BUNCH of missing pieces that I was unable to find on the individual find-a-brick. Save yourselves some time.

4289304 x1
459921 x1
4515367 x3
6030718 x2
4142236 x4
4667222 x2
4603191 x3
6022905 x5
4113854 x16
4650500 x1
4638658 x1
6001232 x8
4558953 x4
4565393 x1
4560183 x1
4211814 x1
4556157 x1
6015349 x3
4211712 x1
4211679 x1
4632574 x1
4535931 x4
4269651 x1
4540386 x4
4210655 x1
4528323 x1
4212075 x2
4211039 x1
4521187 x1
4619636 x1
6020990 x1
4655241 x1
4633691 x1

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Got part of my B Wing order, the Han Solo and the Poster. It also came with some Chima Chi battles set 70113. I don't really care for the Chima sets, but hey it was free on top of what was already an amazing deal on the half off B Wing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Same here, the Fedex guy drove up right as I got home and I saw him take out a large box and scan it, and I thought "that seems like a pretty small box for five B-Wings". Then he took out another. And another. And another. And another.

I'm going to build a small house with these boxes when the second part shows up.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

obi_ant posted:

I added all the parts in the "Hall of Armour" set that came out, a BUNCH of missing pieces that I was unable to find on the individual find-a-brick. Save yourselves some time.

4289304 x1
459921 x1
4515367 x3
6030718 x2
4142236 x4
4667222 x2
4603191 x3
6022905 x5
4113854 x16
4650500 x1
4638658 x1
6001232 x8
4558953 x4
4565393 x1
4560183 x1
4211814 x1
4556157 x1
6015349 x3
4211712 x1
4211679 x1
4632574 x1
4535931 x4
4269651 x1
4540386 x4
4210655 x1
4528323 x1
4212075 x2
4211039 x1
4521187 x1
4619636 x1
6020990 x1
4655241 x1
4633691 x1

If this is all the pieces needed to build the hall of armor thanks for compiling this list!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I think it's all the missing bits, it doesn't seem a lot.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

I think it's all the missing bits, it doesn't seem a lot.

Yeah. You have to email them, and they will create the cart for you.

It's about $75 for the set. Without minifigs.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Norns posted:

Got part of my B Wing order, the Han Solo and the Poster. It also came with some Chima Chi battles set 70113. I don't really care for the Chima sets, but hey it was free on top of what was already an amazing deal on the half off B Wing.

Yeah, same thing here. Seems like a waste of shipping to me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So...I ordered some B-Wings, but it said the order completed but might get cancelled or something, then it said confirmed, then it charged me, then the charges completely vanished from my bank account, then it said a bunch of B-Wings were shipped, then they showed up at my house...and I still haven't been charged. It says a second order with the rest of my order has also been shipped but hasn't shown up yet.

What?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Captain Invictus posted:

So...I ordered some B-Wings, but it said the order completed but might get cancelled or something, then it said confirmed, then it charged me, then the charges completely vanished from my bank account, then it said a bunch of B-Wings were shipped, then they showed up at my house...and I still haven't been charged. It says a second order with the rest of my order has also been shipped but hasn't shown up yet.

What?

LEGO Megathread: Bank Error in Your Favor - Collect Double B-Wings

My B-Wing is sitting in the corner, where it has patiently waited while I finish my finals. Finals are done, now it's mocking me as I wait for my wife to come home from work so we can have a LEGO date.

Good thing I have the Vampyre Castle I got for $50 at Walmart to keep me busy til then.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

My double B-Wings showed up today too, kind of stupid they shipped them in a box each, but that works. I too got the weird Chima sets that I don't want/need so free Christmas presents for my nephews I guess.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Captain Invictus posted:

What?

Based on other parts of the web, Lego screwed up some orders and sent people extra sets when they really shouldn't have. Here's a guy who got a free Jabba's Palace.

Bucky_Grid
Jul 21, 2007
So, I was at one of the area Toys R Us today when I saw they had a new set out:

I know that Toys R Us has put out sets early before, but from what I can tell, these aren't supposed to be available until August? That seems extremely early. They also had 70400, 70401, and 70402 available as well. I'm so tempted to go back and clean the place out.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
I built a couple ships! By the time I got pieces facing the right way for the cockpit on the second one I mostly just said screw it, so I kinda hate that part but whatever. I might rip off the back half and try something like AzMiLion is building. Which are really cool by the way.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Aw dang, Lego charged me for the B-Wings finally :v:. Weird that it only did that after they were already at my house.

My mom loves Volkswagen buses and used to have one so I swung by the Lego Store and picked one up for her as a Mother's Day gift before they go out of production. I wound up getting caught up in conversation with a fantastic fellow who worked there and we started talking about all the new sets(he approached me and very swiftly began selling me on a bunch of the Modular Buildings, he's real good), and eventually I asked about the B-Wings since I saw a big stack of them on the shelf. He began telling me a pretty gross tale of insane greed, scumbaggery, and underhandedness that happened last weekend.

At that store alone they sold over a HUNDRED B-Wings, people waiting outside the doors ready to rush in and grab as many as they could carry, getting calls from Tennessee from some "innocent person who just wanted to pick up a couple for them and their friend but they were all sold out everywhere", and when they plugged that person's VIP info into the database, it showed they had purchased well over THIRTY B-Wings. People fighting over the ones in the store, acting like animals, etc. Black Friday, May-style!

He also said how awful Mr. Gold is. Said that he'd never seen people act so callously and greedy and awful about Lego before, he'd seen plenty of resellers and stuff but never to the level of Mr. Gold hunters. The hunters would open all the boxes and pick through every single polybag, not letting other customers get near the ones they hadn't gone through yet, people trying to call Lego and claim that they had a "Mr. Gold bag but it didn't have Mr. Gold in it, plz send me a replacement!" He said the gold paint rubs off if you handle the figure, so a mint condition one can sell for over a thousand dollars, and it's turned the CMF line into a whole different beast, an ugly mess. I gotta agree with him, he also said that he really thinks offering army builders and collectors the option to pay slightly more to just get figures directly would alleviate the big issue with people pillaging every single box for the Romans/Robots/Gundams/etc and he's totally right.

We were then interrupted by a father and his young daughter who was asking if she could take a picture of the UCS X-Wing they had on display at the front. The fellow said "I'll do you one better", takes the X-Wing out of the case, tells the father to give the phone to him, hands the father the X-Wing, and takes a picture of the dad and daughter nerding the hell out over this giant Lego set. :3:

I left, but I bet they bought one. That guy is a REALLY GOOD salesman, a really good guy, and the perfect example of a Lego store employee. He might've been the manager actually, not sure.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Captain Invictus posted:

Aw dang, Lego charged me for the B-Wings finally :v:. Weird that it only did that after they were already at my house.

My mom loves Volkswagen buses and used to have one so I swung by the Lego Store and picked one up for her as a Mother's Day gift before they go out of production. I wound up getting caught up in conversation with a fantastic fellow who worked there and we started talking about all the new sets(he approached me and very swiftly began selling me on a bunch of the Modular Buildings, he's real good), and eventually I asked about the B-Wings since I saw a big stack of them on the shelf. He began telling me a pretty gross tale of insane greed, scumbaggery, and underhandedness that happened last weekend.

At that store alone they sold over a HUNDRED B-Wings, people waiting outside the doors ready to rush in and grab as many as they could carry, getting calls from Tennessee from some "innocent person who just wanted to pick up a couple for them and their friend but they were all sold out everywhere", and when they plugged that person's VIP info into the database, it showed they had purchased well over THIRTY B-Wings. People fighting over the ones in the store, acting like animals, etc. Black Friday, May-style!

He also said how awful Mr. Gold is. Said that he'd never seen people act so callously and greedy and awful about Lego before, he'd seen plenty of resellers and stuff but never to the level of Mr. Gold hunters. The hunters would open all the boxes and pick through every single polybag, not letting other customers get near the ones they hadn't gone through yet, people trying to call Lego and claim that they had a "Mr. Gold bag but it didn't have Mr. Gold in it, plz send me a replacement!" He said the gold paint rubs off if you handle the figure, so a mint condition one can sell for over a thousand dollars, and it's turned the CMF line into a whole different beast, an ugly mess. I gotta agree with him, he also said that he really thinks offering army builders and collectors the option to pay slightly more to just get figures directly would alleviate the big issue with people pillaging every single box for the Romans/Robots/Gundams/etc and he's totally right.

We were then interrupted by a father and his young daughter who was asking if she could take a picture of the UCS X-Wing they had on display at the front. The fellow said "I'll do you one better", takes the X-Wing out of the case, tells the father to give the phone to him, hands the father the X-Wing, and takes a picture of the dad and daughter nerding the hell out over this giant Lego set. :3:

I left, but I bet they bought one. That guy is a REALLY GOOD salesman, a really good guy, and the perfect example of a Lego store employee. He might've been the manager actually, not sure.

This is both :v: and :smith: at the same time. That guys sounds like a pretty swell dude.

Speaking of daughters, mine helped put together the Vampyre Castle yesterday after we tore down last year's City fire department for shelf space. I must say, it's probably the most playable large set I've come across since coming out of my dark ages. There's a lot of fun bits like the dungeon and the trapdoor over the spike pit. Girl got a little burnt out by bedtime, but we still have the B-Wing to get to today. LEGO family weekend wooo :unsmith:

Edit:

She's been up for about 15 minutes and won't stop jabbering about it.

rickiep00h fucked around with this message at 12:35 on May 12, 2013

FreyaXI
May 1, 2011
So after working at Lego and deciding I need a hobby that doesn't include video games and eating I figure I should get into Lego... That being said I'm more of a person who buys sets for the pieces and not really the set. With that I have an Ole' Kirks's house and part of me feels bad its never gonna get any time to shine since I don't have room to show it off and the pieces in it aren't really what I'm looking for.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Looks like a lot of the Walmarts in the North TX, South OK area are putting a lot of Lego on 50%+ off discounts, all of the Monster Hunter stuff, various creator sets, Batman vs Two Face, Wolverine/Dead Pool Helicopter and a few other various sets are all on clearance.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I had a lucky day with discounts. Fred Meyer had some first-wave LotR on clearance, and then had 40% off clearance, so I got Mines of Moira and Attack at Weathertop for like $40 and $20, and the Catwoman motorcycle set for about $5. My walmart also had Monster Fighters on clearance, but only about 30% off. Still, got Vampyre Castle for $60 and The Scientist and his Monster for $35. I think the only set I missed from that line was the Zombie wedding one.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

Captain Invictus posted:

Which Lego store was this?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Pyroclastic posted:

I had a lucky day with discounts. Fred Meyer had some first-wave LotR on clearance, and then had 40% off clearance, so I got Mines of Moira and Attack at Weathertop for like $40 and $20, and the Catwoman motorcycle set for about $5. My walmart also had Monster Fighters on clearance, but only about 30% off. Still, got Vampyre Castle for $60 and The Scientist and his Monster for $35. I think the only set I missed from that line was the Zombie wedding one.

Zombie Wedding is long gone, it is a lego speculator/scalper's success story now. I do hope they re-release it for Halloween, but I doubt it.

I wish there were any stores around me that had the Vampyre Castle on sale. Everything is still 99 :[

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Pyroclastic posted:

I was just at my local Freddies the other day and noticed that all of those were on clearance, but not 40% off yet. I grabbed the very last Mines of Moria just now, but Weathertop was cleaned out. Still not bad getting Moria for $25.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Based on the small sample size I got today, S10 is 100% mechanics. Interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Saint Sputnik posted:

Based on the small sample size I got today, S10 is 100% mechanics. Interesting.

If you're still in the Fort Wayne area you probably know this, but Walmarts are clearing out Monster Fighters, and some of them are pretty crazy. See the Vampyre Castle above. ($50!) Scientist for $20, Ghost Train for $40-$55 depending. I'd grab stuff for speculation, but eh.