Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

wodin posted:

Boom. What a brutal game all around - Velocity just knew exactly what they needed to do and crushed MRN into little bits..

Yeah, it wasn't even close. They had them dominated from beginning to end.

Admittedly it wouldn't even have gone this long if not for the base race photo finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
Wow they got so much better the last two games. Looking forward to seeing these guys in the LCS.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Hooooly poo poo can't wait for VES in the LCS -- grats Studio!

foutre fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 12, 2013

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.

SpaceDrake posted:

wait is this realtalk
:ughh:

But yeah, vileroze makes me uncomfortable. I wonder if Riot has anyone hired someone who is like the proverbial friend with style who can direct them to look less like sex offenders.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Oddone's little brother is exactly like a tinier oddone. They even speak the same way

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Maplestreet is going to look awkward no matter what but he'd look a lot more presentable if he did something with his hair. Riot really does need to hire a stylist for the qualified teams.

rhazes
Dec 17, 2006

Reduce the rectal spread!
Use glory holes instead!

An official message from the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control
Man, not gay but Cris is really, really likeable and I bet he'll be a hit with the fangirls and ladyfans. He's a beast on Renekton and Elise. I hope you pass on the comments to these guys Studio!

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Congrats Studio and VEL! Cris was such a beast with Elise.

Now go get your team some visual makeovers and force them to engrave Riot's PR training into whatever holy/scientific text they subscribe to. I don't give a crap about looks, but they need to make the best out of this opportunity so they can turn it into some sort of game/esports-related career later in life (if that's what they're into, anyways). On a side note, I love VileRose's energy. That man can get hype.

I feel bad for MRN/Complexity, but they'll live and I'm sure they had an awesome time while they were in the LCS.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Cris needs to ditch the sweatpants if he's going to be on camera. I take the fashion of my professional video game players very seriously.

Age of the Atomic Mom
Oct 15, 2009

:stare:
https://twitter.com/LeagueOfStudio/status/333391636421804034

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008

Alakaiser posted:

Cris needs to ditch the sweatpants if he's going to be on camera. I take the fashion of my professional video game players very seriously.

And he needs to pay attention to fidgeting and body language. Hand below the waist and restless legs made for a somewhat awkward viewing experience, jeez.

Still, congrats! Really excited for the next season! :D

I do hope that Riot takes care of the relegated teams, though. They should probably build a sub-LCS league to keep the pro ecosystem healthy.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

I'd pay cash money to see Boxbox play an LCS game.

Hey man, weirder poo poo has happened on the internet, okay

But seriously Studio, you don't need to get them a ~full makeover~ but it would be worth it to get Nk and Vile to a stylist to help with the hair a bit. Beauty, sadly, does it make it easier to root for dudes as humans are all shallow creatures.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I believe he's too young for a bit, and he does need some more comp experience (we didn't scrim with him because there wasn't any time for us to not do full 5)

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I've played with Nk Inc before and he's a great jungler. Forced me to support then carried me and even talked strat. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy and our boy studio moving on up so congrats to all! I just had a hard time seeing how depressed MRN was, but congratulations regardless.

Debonhare
Jan 15, 2004
I like rice.
I think the key word for this promotion series is LOYALTY. I don't blame pr0lly and nien for jumping on board LCS teams but I'm almost certain Velocity and Quantic would have been even stronger with them, and they would have qualified. Aphro is sort of in the same position, but even though I think he's a stronger ADC than Zuna, Aphro had a tendency to perform poorly at LAN events so who knows what would've happened.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Can't remember where I've said this, but Quantic was astounding today. I watched them play in January. They were sloppy, they got choked, they got nervous. While they were good players, there was a chance that every like 2 minutes they'd make a big mistake and lose some ground. Not a lot of ground, but something. Their nerves were solid this tournament. I wasn't impressed versus TAP because they weren't very good, but versus coL? There were minor mistakes, mistakes that show they're still human and everyone makes. Big mistakes? Big fuckups that give the enemy a chance to do anything? Not at all. You can't really judge people 100% versus worse teams, but they looked like a #1 NA LCS team.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Studio posted:

Can't remember where I've said this, but Quantic was astounding today. I watched them play in January. They were sloppy, they got choked, they got nervous. While they were good players, there was a chance that every like 2 minutes they'd make a big mistake and lose some ground. Not a lot of ground, but something. Their nerves were solid this tournament. I wasn't impressed versus TAP because they weren't very good, but versus coL? There were minor mistakes, mistakes that show they're still human and everyone makes. Big mistakes? Big fuckups that give the enemy a chance to do anything? Not at all. You can't really judge people 100% versus worse teams, but they looked like a #1 NA LCS team.

This was my feeling as well. If they have the individual skills to win their lanes they certainly know how to close games out. I'm interested to see how they do against the international teams.

I hope you don't change the VES lineup they did good today and only got better as the games went on. Really interested in seeing what 28 games will do to them.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~
In other news, duh?!

CW's Leaguepedia entry posted:

May 9th, Previous roster departs from the organisation. TheTess, Bjergsen, Godbro, Svenskeren, Deficio, and cowTard leave.

CW's Facebook posted:

Today is a sad day in the history of Copenhagen Wolves, we will be announcing the departure of our beloved League of Legends team. It has been an incredible journey with these five amazing guys, but sadly all good things come to an end.

We hope that all our fans will continue supporting us as well as supporting the players on their new path, a path they will be announcing themselves in the near future. Copenhagen Wolves will continue our hard work for the development of electronic sports and who knows, maybe you will see another League of Legends team wearing our colors soon?

I guess it's like the CLG.eu thing, where the full team will reform under a new sponsor, but...

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I heard they joined some organization named PanDan but have no idea what that is.

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

MOURNFUL: ALAS,
POOR YORICK
PanDan is a inside joke of the team and is their temporary name until their new sponsor is announced.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
That makes sense then. A bunch of them changed their account names to that which is funny.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Quantic is going to be really fun to watch in the LCS but, drat.. Complexity :(

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Studio posted:

Completely agree.

Also, Jayce is sick and is going to get nerfed. Not so much because of Quantic, but because of OGN.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
As usual while all the LCS is going on, the grand finals for Dominate Dominion 56 are going down right now. Come see if PECS can reclaim the throne or if they get knocked out for the third week in a row!

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

Quantic is going to be really fun to watch in the LCS but, drat.. Complexity :(

Yeah, I hope Pr0lly stays around somehow, his on-camera is great.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

We're celebrating getting into the LCS by watching The Cosby Show.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Congrats Studio and Velocity!

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Oh dang, Copenhagen Wolves disbanded :(

I wonder why, I'm going to assume that their great result at the LCS is what made Komplett decide not to continue. Komplett is a relatively small online electronics store and I doubt they want to spend more than a token amount of money on a pro team.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The CW players have not disbanded, it just means they need to find new sponsors. Mous are probably mad they made that rash decision to pick up Dexters team before they had qualified for LCS now that CW are available.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Demiurge4 posted:

Oh dang, Copenhagen Wolves disbanded :(

I wonder why, I'm going to assume that their great result at the LCS is what made Komplett decide not to continue. Komplett is a relatively small online electronics store and I doubt they want to spend more than a token amount of money on a pro team.
CW couldn't pay the players so they decided to quit. The players did not lose their LCS spot so they'll be able to compete. I just hope they'll find a good sponsor.

Nique
May 18, 2006

I guess I'm late to the party, what's the connection between Studio and VES? Manager?

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Zanael posted:

CW couldn't pay the players so they decided to quit. The players did not lose their LCS spot so they'll be able to compete. I just hope they'll find a good sponsor.

That's the one thing I was worried about. There's no way a team with a guaranteed 10 week of top-flight play will go long without a sponsor.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Nique posted:

I guess I'm late to the party, what's the connection between Studio and VES? Manager?

One of two coaches, along with former pro Atlanta.

GEExCEE
Sep 19, 2012

OMG is playing WE.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Leaguepedia trivia section on OMG posted:

Known as the "Forces of Darkness" in China, as the few team photos show them looking like mean-looking "gang activists"

Welp, new favorite team.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
Grats studio!!

Super awkward for Pr0lly now, huh? They would be so strong with him. Though vile is pretty hype. I really hope nien, mega, and prolly find new teams. Or just make a Nientonsoh, Megazero, Prolly, and maybe Lautemortis team. Or get NickWu jungling somehow, IDK.

Alakaiser posted:

Need an equivalent:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cute-Starcraft-Boys/164011200315432

semicolonsrock fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 12, 2013

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

Jonny Angel posted:

Welp, new favorite team.

I guess?

e: double :(

Anyway, I feel like this highlights how important it is to have another league. S4.

semicolonsrock fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 12, 2013

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I think they maybe meant these pictures.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
From the LM vs Spider game: Vi can knock people up/down ledges if they're standing next to them. Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Dig annihilation coming up soon.

• Locked thread