Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

Big E's is pretty awesome too
You missed the best part

‏@WWEAJLee posted:

@BigELangston I'm gonna give you the nickname my mom gave me, "mommy's little mistake".

‏@BigELangston[/quote posted:

@WWEAJLee Thanks to you, my heart is like my skin: dark.
AJ and Big E are good at twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRanTer posted:

Generally you shouldn't heel in public about a woman who you sexually harassed and has complained about it.

I'm clearly missing something here.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

On the latest episode of Impact, Austin Aries shoved his balls in Christy Hemme's face. Unscripted mind you.

Yup.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!

DarkstarIV posted:

On the latest episode of Impact, Austin Aries shoved his balls in Christy Hemme's face. Unscripted mind you.

Yup.

She also looked pretty upset about it, and as we all know, "good acting" is not one of the skills generally associated with Christy Hemme. So the possibility of it all being a work is a bit remote.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

On Impact, Christy Hemme was introducing Aries and Roode to the ring, and accidentally introduced them as Bad Influence. Aries pointed out that she made a mistake and asked her to correct it by literally cornering her against one of the corners, and then after she had made the correction (and I mean immediately after), he walked up the turnbuckles and did his trademark pose, while she was there, deliberately putting his balls in her face. I assume he did this to teach her a lesson, but it taught us all that Austin Aries was an even bigger rear end in a top hat than we originally thought. I posted video of it a page back, and I'll quote it so others who missed it can see:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Haha okay I actually thought it was worked. Silly me thinking Aries wasn't a prick.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
I don't think it was that bad. Probably a bit inappropriate, particularly if she was really offended by it, but he just leapt on the turnbuckle to pose. It's not as if he thrust forward or made contact. I guess it's the kind of thing you're either ok with or you're not.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Man it was like 6 weeks ago that Aries was arguably the most popular wrestler outside of the WWE. How quickly one man can fall from grace. Deservedly so mind you.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

MacDougall posted:

Man it was like 6 weeks ago that Aries was arguably the most popular wrestler outside of the WWE. How quickly one man can fall from grace. Deservedly so mind you.

All you have to do was #askquestions

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
On a more positive note...

Kevin Steen posted:

@JRsBBQ And I'm perfectly bilingual, thanks to you!

Jim Ross posted:

@FightSteenFight I'm flattered. Take care & be healthy. Keep beating people up. :)

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

OmegaBR posted:

I don't think it was that bad. Probably a bit inappropriate, particularly if she was really offended by it, but he just leapt on the turnbuckle to pose. It's not as if he thrust forward or made contact. I guess it's the kind of thing you're either ok with or you're not.

Oh man, sorry, I didn't mean to put my balls near your face.

Why are you all offended, I didn't event touch you!

GOD

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OmegaBR posted:

He cornered her and made sure to have his crotch inches away from her face. Then on twitter he called her a whiner and used "nuts" and "balls" as much as possible. It is really bad.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It came off as innocent to me when I watched it. She seemed to be laughing along with it, if a bit embarrassed. But obviously if she wasn't ok with it, and her tweet would suggest that's the case, than it wasn't ok. First impressions of things where you don't know the parties can be wrong. Some people would laugh at that and some wouldn't. Context and individual personalities and relationships matter a lot.

Assuming Hemme's tweet wasn't kayfabe and assuming Aries' tweet wasn't heeling it up then the whole situation is messed up. I just assumed it was harmless at the time it first happened, and that doesn't seem unreasonable.

An example of this would be Triple H calling Lilian Garcia a horseface. Either she thinks that's good harmless fun and she's ok with it so its just simple teasing, or she's really embarrassed by it and he's a chauvinistic prick. The entire reality of the situation comes down to what kind of people Triple H and Garcia are and what kind of relationship they have in private.

Austin Aries is a dick and was one long before the Boston Bombing tweet so it was probably a lovely thing. The only thing that confuses me is that apparently in 2013 sexual harassment complaints are done on Twitter. But what isn't?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He legit intimidated her into a corner which seems bad enough. Heeling and acting and whatever but that poo poo ain't cool

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Yeah, I didn't mean to defend it necessarily, I guess I just see Aries' side of it that it wasn't that bad. It's the kind of thing you'd think those in a wrestling environment would likely be used to (granted she's been retired from in-ring competition for years now.)

But if she was offended and upset by it, then the last thing he should do is taunt her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Absolutely. I was just saying that it wasn't clear that was intimidation instead of good humor at first viewing. But the tweets taken at face value absolutely do paint a clearer picture. The damning act is almost less the actual thing that happened in the ring and more his insulting response to her. The first could have been bad judgment, the second is a poo poo attitude.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!
The hosed-up part is that by this point, Dixie's probably too powerless now in her own goddamn company to do anything about it if she even wanted to. There's a ton of middle management that wasn't there before, and I'm sure if Bischoff or Prichard or Hogan or whoever wanted to keep someone like Aries around, they'd probably find a way to save his job even if Dixie was demanding he be fired on the spot. :sigh:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The hosed-up part is that by this point, Dixie's probably too powerless now in her own goddamn company to do anything about it if she even wanted to. There's a ton of middle management that wasn't there before, and I'm sure if Bischoff or Prichard or Hogan or whoever wanted to keep someone like Aries around, they'd probably find a way to save his job even if Dixie was demanding he be fired on the spot. :sigh:

Dixie hates women so I'm pretty sure she doesn't give a poo poo anyway.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

This is also sadly likely to be the case. :smith:

Sock Monkey Wrench
Jan 1, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

This could turn out awkward as poo poo. How tolerant are ROH crowds usually to this sort of thing? If he goes to apologize or whatever and they start booing or being assholes it's gonna look really loving awful.

If people heard half the stuff wrestlers say to each other when there's no fans around people would probably hate a lot more of them.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

OmegaBR posted:

Yeah, what's a little agressive sexual harassment?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

How can one Design Women if they hate women???

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Dixie would've disregarded Matt Hardy's DUIs if she wasn't having dinner with her parents when she got the call about one of 'em.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!

Edwardian posted:

Yeah, what's a little agressive sexual harassment?

No but you see Aries was just heeling it up guys! Why, I remember back in the day when Ted DiBiase would routinely shove his junk in Miss Elizabeth's face. :colbert:

Perigryn posted:

Dixie would've disregarded Matt Hardy's DUIs if she wasn't having dinner with her parents when she got the call about one of 'em.

I truly think Dixie is one of those people who figures that because she's never done certain things (or they've never happened to her), people who work for her are either lying or exaggerating about it when it happens to them! :downs:

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Thread title seems to be even more appropriate now...

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

actually he has a tiny withered peenie from years of heavy steroid abuse

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Dixie hates women prettier than her so I'm pretty sure she doesn't give a poo poo anyway.
I think this one is the case. then again her firing all the "non-diva" looking girls maybe its women less attractive than her?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

The Shaman of Cum posted:

actually he has a tiny withered peenie from years of heavy steroid abuse
It's because he doesn't eat rice.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Good for him but he might be taking things too fast

JakeSnakeDDT posted:

Roll out red carpet , shine Oscar up, hit search lights and let it be known Jake is taking acting classes. It's only a matter of time

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

Good for him but he might be taking things too fast

Great, he was chilling before, but now he might be able to actually scare people to death.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I Before E posted:

Great, he was chilling before, but now he might be able to actually scare people to death.

I see him as a villain in a Rob Zombie movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Cowboy Bobs Hep C posted:

I see him as a villain in a Rob Zombie movie.

So follow in DDP's footsteps?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Jake would be the old caretaker guy who lives in a cabin and lets the kids stay the night, then turns around and gives them to the cannibals.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

DeathChicken posted:

Jake would be the old caretaker guy who lives in a cabin and lets the kids stay the night, then turns around and gives them to the cannibals.

But who would he play?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I imagine Austin Aries's crotch is a lot like Aries himself.

Short. And a dick.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

I imagine Austin Aries's crotch is a lot like Aries himself.

Short. And a dick.

:drat:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Dolph Ziggler posted:

here comes @TrueKofi I PROMISE IM NOT HIS OPPONENT TONITE..... or am i??? HAHA #BestOf1000Series

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

@JRsBBQ posted:

“@josephsammour: @JRsBBQ Danny Hodge vs Haku in a bar brawl....who ya got?”
The EMT's.

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT

He is tweeting up a storm, plus he referenced Steel Panther. :toot:

Dolph Ziggler posted:

lots of (203) calls