Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Larryb posted:

I thought it was Goseiger they originally wanted to skip?

That I don't know about. The guy who was at the convention I was at a couple months ago mentioned that the current contract had some manner of "no-skip" clause, but couldn't elaborate due to not actually being on active production staff anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

RBX posted:

IN OTHER SABAN IS INCOMPETENT NEWS:

quote:

We had been entertaining the possibility of past Rangers joining us for the longest time and didn't think it was possible to do.

Gosh, I wonder if there was some way to figure all that stuff out ahead of time?

quote:

Due to so many requests from a number of past Rangers (as well as an overwhelming amount of requests from the fans, too!)

So they didn't even entertain the idea until a bunch of old cast members actually started making phone calls. Total bullshit. You'd have to be out of your mind not to think that a large number of former cast members wouldn't jump at the opportunity to make a cameo, schedules permitting of course. Obviously you'd have some difficulty with the older cast members, but Jason David Frank and the others that routinely make the convention circuit would be all over that. poo poo, I think JDF would do it for free just for the fans.

quote:

then filming would take place on May 25th and 26th

And this makes me wonder if cameos would only be in a couple episodes.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SpazmasterX posted:

And this makes me wonder if cameos would only be in a couple episodes.

Most likely seeing as unless they start the Gokaiger adaption late in the current season Super Megaforce will only be about 20 episodes long. Even if it doesn't kill the series outright this still promises to be a spectacular trainwreck at the very least.

Why exactly did they decide to cram Goseiger and Gokaiger into one series rather than do them seperately again?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 11, 2013

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

20th anniversary this year.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Nickelodeon is being stupid with their demands of 2 year seasons with 20 episodes per year. I'd sooner blame them for this fiasco than Saban.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Is Megaforce even running new episodes currently? Last I saw it just kind of stopped with Episode 9.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They have to stretch them out.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Sorry guys.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
David Yost, aka Billy, has declined an invitation to appear in Super Megaforce on the grounds of why the gently caress do you think?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Later this year, whenever that is
http://youtu.be/8ywgflubY9Y

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

David Yost, aka Billy, has declined an invitation to appear in Super Megaforce on the grounds of why the gently caress do you think?

I'm hoping for Jason David Frank.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Coq au Nandos posted:

I'm hoping for Jason David Frank.

He hasn't said anything about it on Facebook.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

To be fair, Billy can't ever leave Aquitar lest he begin hyperaging again and die.

GOD, DIDN'T YOU PAY ANY ATTENTION TO POWER RANGERS ZEO?!?!

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

SpazmasterX posted:

He hasn't said anything about it on Facebook.

Yes he has, he posted this the other day:
http://instagram.com/p/ZJGf1yDsuL/

No comment on it, no reason for doing it, he just posted it. There's a 0% chance that he won't be in it.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
He also posted this:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

He said he'd do appearances for free. Seems like the guy really loves his Power Rangers.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

GonSmithe posted:

Yes he has, he posted this the other day:
http://instagram.com/p/ZJGf1yDsuL/

No comment on it, no reason for doing it, he just posted it. There's a 0% chance that he won't be in it.

You're right, I guess I just missed that particular post.

RBX posted:

He said he'd do appearances for free. Seems like the guy really loves his Power Rangers.

I think a lot of his success in life comes from his history as a ranger, and he really respects his fans for it.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Being one of the biggest heroes to an entire generation of kids is a hell of a marketing tool. JDF just uses that as fully as he can, and I think it helps that he's just as earnest and authentic a guy as he appears. He's kind of an awkward dorky jock, but he can kill you in three seconds and then he'll commend your soul to Jesus, who didn't tap.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Maybe he's still pissed that Disney didn't bother calling him during the SPD/Dino Thunder team-up and this is his revenge or something.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Also realizing how much of an rear end in a top hat to everybody he was when he was younger is pretty cool.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
It is no exaggeration when I say that meeting Jason David Frank is on my top 3 Life Goals list

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Sign up for his Power Rangers Boot Camp, then. Or go to one of the seven conventions he attends a month!

His facebook feed gets a bit much sometimes.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Sign up for his Power Rangers Boot Camp, then. Or go to one of the seven conventions he attends a month!

His facebook feed gets a bit much sometimes.

Oh yeah, he's constantly on the convention circuit. I think he posts his schedule around the start of the year, so you can plan in advance.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Oh I know he's not a hard guy to meet, I just have very little spare cash for travelling out to conventions.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I'll be honest and say I'd much rather meet David Yost. Billy was my guy as a kid, and hearing all the poo poo he went through is just heart-breaking.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Austin St John is where it's at.

Dude is like a forreal firefighter now.

That's what a loving Power Ranger does.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The day Austin St John left is the day that show died for me. Dude brought so much intensity for his V.O. lines that no one has ever come close to in 20 years. Going from Jason to Rocky was a huge step down.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

JT Smiley posted:

The day Austin St John left is the day that show died for me. Dude brought so much intensity for his V.O. lines that no one has ever come close to in 20 years. Going from Jason to Rocky was a huge step down.

Jason did have that leader feel to him didn't he? I always thought it was hilarious how they just ousted him out and made Tommy the leader when he became the White Ranger.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

jivjov posted:

Oh I know he's not a hard guy to meet, I just have very little spare cash for travelling out to conventions.

Follow him on facebook. Every couple days when he has some spare time he holds a little contest where he'll call the first person to post their phone number.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Jason really did make the first cast work. None since them has really had the same feel.

Zyuranger had that same down to earth feel.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I don't know how very down to Earth a show can be when it's about ancient dinosaur-clan warriors, powered by dinosaur gods, fighting the forces of a witch who is on the moon who uses fairy tales and mythological monsters to attack children.

Like, maybe I stopped watching really early, but in my defense, Boi and Dan are horrible characters.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Well they spend a lot of time with the kids. Visit hospitals, homes, random people compared to something like Shinkenger.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The Zyurangers were all poorly developed, because the show spent more time focusing on the random kids than the actual heroes. As far as I can tell, Geki was an idiot, Mei was a girl who had dress up powers, Boi was a ninja, and the other two are just there. Oh and the megazord is alive and a total rear end in a top hat.

I'm sure plenty of people will disagree with me, but I think the first season of MMPR is actually better than Zyuranger. Not that I think MMPR holds up that well, just that Zyuranger is pretty mediocre overall.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
You mean Goshi was the ninja.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Um no? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sztDcKoEJg

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Oooops, someone doesn't know how to run karaoke in avisynth or whatever the gently caress.

And yeah, Boi's the ninja. Goushi is the guy with the axe, hacking and whacking and slapping. He just hacks, wacks, and chops that meat.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

SpazmasterX posted:

Follow him on facebook. Every couple days when he has some spare time he holds a little contest where he'll call the first person to post their phone number.

I am unfortunately at work anytime he does this much to my irritation.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
Just started Season 2 of Akibaranger and by god is it fantastic and confusing.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Captain Capacitor posted:

Just started Season 2 of Akibaranger and by god is it fantastic and confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I have to say, the random covers in the end credits of Akiba Tsuu are awesome. Girls in Trouble was the best loving thing :allears: