Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Another thought: Nothing slammed into a wall like that is ever "knocked out", especially when it would be dramatically appropriate for it to revive at a crucial point in the conversation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

TheDemon posted:

Another thought: Nothing slammed into a wall like that is ever "knocked out", especially when it would be dramatically appropriate for it to revive at a crucial point in the conversation

Yeah, I reckon Androssi will drop a few threats, robot wakes up and Baam owns the poo poo out of it. Or rocks fall and everyone dies. At this point, SIU has turned subverting expectations into an art.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

zerosix posted:

I noticed something, the rules don't say being shot by a black bullet disqualifies you. So maybe your still in the game even if you do get shot by said bullet?

Huh, you're right. I wonder if the guns are real guns or not though.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 10, 2013

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
ToG 140

:cthulhu: Octopuuuuus! :buddy:

Also, good call TheDemon, pretty close with that prediction.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I love it. Also I can't help but hear Quatro's voice as Flambo from Adventure Time.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Who's the dude Koon was negotiating with? And were we supposed to know that the sword guy already knew Cassano from the past?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

pinegala posted:

Who's the dude Koon was negotiating with? And were we supposed to know that the sword guy already knew Cassano from the past?

Thats Hatsu. He was the guy who teamed up with Anak and Leesoo way back on the second floor. Hes a pretty major character ;)

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

pinegala posted:

The guy Koon was negotiating with is Chang, and I linked to the chapter he was introduced in. When the "Devil of the Right Arm" was introduced way back on the 20th floor or wherever, he was rumored to be the guy who beat Hatsu - the sword guy.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Mo_Steel posted:

ToG 140

:cthulhu: Octopuuuuus! :buddy:

Also, good call TheDemon, pretty close with that prediction.

:cthulhu: Octopus

Great chapter.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Link to chapter removed due to potential malware; visit nomanga at your own peril.

Not too much in content this time. There's probably a bit too much going on at once.

Sarcophallus fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 22, 2013

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

OFFICIAL SA THREAD RUINER
SPRING 2013
Yeah, that was disappointing. Nothing happened.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Didn't expect Ran to be so racist. Also, it's strange that, despite all the talk about hard work in shonen series, this is the first time I've seen "I simply practiced twice as hard" used as an actual explanation for something.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Safe and Secure! posted:

Yeah, that was disappointing. Nothing happened.

How so? Hatsu might've just killed (probably not) the Devil of the Right Arm, and Anak and Ran are gearing up for a serious loving fight. Looks like a pretty fair amount happened to me.

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

OFFICIAL SA THREAD RUINER
SPRING 2013
They're all gearing up for fights that they were already gearing up for at the end of the previous chapter. Hatsu included - there's no way Cassano is done.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but... I mean, almost every panel was fighting, it's not like they just stood there and monologued at each other the whole time. I mean granted the plot didn't real move more than a couple inches but it wasn't boring or anything. To each their own, of course.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sarcophallus posted:

New chapter is out.

Not too much in content this time. There's probably a bit too much going on at once.

My antivirus caught a bunch of malware from that site. I would suggest finding a new manga viewer.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Serious Frolicking posted:

My antivirus caught a bunch of malware from that site. I would suggest finding a new manga viewer.

Sorry about that, I didn't know. I'll edit the link out just in case.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

(Hopefully virus-free) Mangareader version.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

New Chapter

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

"both of you, stop it already.

:3: oh vioel your doing just what I hoped you'd do. Good fight for people who have similar personalities.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Being sneaky and smug must be in the Koon genetics.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Random thought unconnected to this chapter. I can't remember if this has been discussed before, but have we ever seen any old people in ToG? Cause considering how old some of the people can get without aging it kinda seems like everyone's potentially immortal unless they're killed in battle or something.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
I don't think we've seen anyone visibly old but people do die of old age. I think it was mentioned on SIU's blog that one of Zahard's allies wasn't given immortality and had to cut a deal where he would extend his lifespan by cursing all his descendants with short lives (something like 200 years). The more descendants he has the longer he gets to live. So I guess regulars can spend a long time despairing in indentured servitude if they fail the tests. I'm sure most regulars die violently but most residents don't even become regulars.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Cool. The whole world mythos is so unbelievably complex and mysterious that I wasn't even sure if it had been mentioned yet.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Edit: Never mind.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Silver2195 posted:

Edit: Never mind.

If you neverminded the new release, you shouldn't have - Here's a link.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
I see that Mr. Rak has started to make his appearance as well :haw:

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
It's pretty awesome watching Baaam go around tryin to save everyone while maintaining his cover.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Hietala posted:

I see that Mr. Rak has started to make his appearance as well :haw:

Oh wow, how did that not occur to me. Good catch.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sarcophallus posted:

Oh wow, how did that not occur to me. Good catch.

I must be blind but I didn't see this, what page are you talking about?

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
He's talking about the pair of red eyes in shadows. It's like all of page 7. I didn't realize who it was until he mentioned it. I assumed it was Karaka but he has yellow eyes.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
no chapter today?

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
I don't know if mangabird is good or w/e, but they have today's chapter: http://www.mangabird.com/tower-god-144

Edit: Hnnnnngh, that ending! Is it finally time to see some of the Skeleton Lobster? Or was that 'The Thorn' that they prepared for him? Or are they the same? Oh god I want more. :cry:

Also, Amigochaz confirmed, but what happened to his wings?

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 13, 2013

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Whaaaat. :sbahj:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Hietala posted:

I don't know if mangabird is good or w/e, but they have today's chapter: http://www.mangabird.com/tower-god-144

Edit: Hnnnnngh, that ending! Is it finally time to see some of the Skeleton Lobster? Or was that 'The Thorn' that they prepared for him? Or are they the same? Oh god I want more. :cry:

Hmm, could it be that they took Teddy's (Sorry, can't remember his name at the moment) half of the ignition weapon and put it in his buddy's (Also can't remember his name) body? He had two glowing arms when he fought Hanzu (Sword guy, sorry if I forgot his name too :downs:), didn't he?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Hietala posted:

It's still there in the first panel.

Can't see it in the second because it's too close; the wing isn't attached to him, it hovers nearby behind him.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Not Teddy's wings, Amigochaz's wings: http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Aleksai_Amigochaz

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hietala posted:

Maybe they're just under his clothes, or some accident resulted in them being amputated.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Oh, thought Amigochaz was a nickname, I don't remember seeing it before. Read the chapter on my phone, couldn't see very well. Also I think I was remembering wrong and it was Teddy who had both arms glowing, so, yea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Nope, you were right, it's Cassano that had both arms glowing while fighting Hatsu.