Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Saw this in Denton today. My pants got really tight when he gunned it..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Unnph

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I went to a Ferrari "Everyone Get Your Cocks Out Day" at Cliveden House. I met the convoy in London (slept in, so I missed the meetup) on my bike, and followed it out to the manor with my mate in his chavtastic Subaru Impreza STi type R. No pics of his car because I was riding (should really get a GoPro).

Here are some highlights.

And I'm spent.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Linedance posted:

And I'm spent.

Is that a Nissan R390? I thought those were just concept cars.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Das Volk posted:

Is that a Nissan R390? I thought those were just concept cars.

It's a XJR 15 innit.
There is one R390 road car though out there I think.
Although interestingly, the XJR was the basis for the R390. Cool beans.

Bape Culture fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 12, 2013

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

It's a XJR 15 innit.

Yup, XJR 15, there were two of them. I've never seen them before! License plates were TWR XX, which indicated they belonged to Tom Walkinshaw Racing.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

possibly the rarest car I saw wasn't actually part of the meet, I just passed it on a side street near Harrods on my way to Belgrave Square.

Ferrari 456GT Venice estate - this exact one in fact

(not my pictures)

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Linedance posted:

possibly the rarest car I saw wasn't actually part of the meet, I just passed it on a side street near Harrods on my way to Belgrave Square.

Ferrari 456GT Venice estate - this exact one in fact

(not my pictures)

I have to think that this thing exists solely as a result of some super-rich guy's wife saying 'no more loving sports cars'.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Augmented Dickey posted:

I have to think that this thing exists solely as a result of some super-rich guy's wife saying 'no more loving sports cars'.

Depends which wife; I believe the original was comissioned by the Sultan of Brunei.

Thread-required pic having nothing to do with anything:

blk fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 12, 2013

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus

blk posted:

Depends which wife; I believe the original was comissioned by the Sultan of Brunei.

The Sultan of Brunei had a serious hardon for wagons. I love this S73 T AMG he commissioned. A wagon S-class with the 7,3 litre V12 also used in the Zonda

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

:patriot:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Sometimes I browse the hooniverse site.

What's with those horizontal shocks? what are they for, steering?

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Steering stabilizers. If your steering is set up properly (parallel drag link and track bar) they aren't needed. They merely mask existing steering problems (death wobble and bump steer.) Then again a lot of people with perfectly fine steering probably just slap them on to show off the brand name.

e: content

Philip J Fry fucked around with this message at 09:06 on May 13, 2013

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

It's a XJR 15 innit.

There's a guy who owns an XJR-15 who writes owners reports for Evo now.

Audi R8 by Dr Gitlin, on Flickr

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

:patriot:

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
I'm so confused.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

The reaction to that posted on HAMB would be hilarious. Me, I think it's cool, though I prefer hilariously stupidly tall blowers.

Guess there are three in the picture.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
whatoldwhitementhinkissexy.jpg

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

There had better be a black Toyota pickup behind that other door.

Unf. So freaking sexy

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

dreesemonkey posted:

Unf. So freaking sexy

The later movies are funny because he goes to drag race it

edit photo oh noo:

Octopus Magic fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 14, 2013

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm sure somebody posted these horrible rims before but man they look pretty sweet in profile.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
I just heard about the Lamborghini Egoista yesterday:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

88h88 posted:

I'm sure somebody posted these horrible rims before but man they look pretty sweet in profile.

I know I shouldn't but I loving love this. Also I posted the A5 with them and thought it looked awful.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

Hietala posted:

I just heard about the Lamborghini Egoista yesterday:

This is all I see

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
Happy birthday Aston Martin!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/bertone-aston-martin-rapide-jet-2-2-2013-05-14

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

They should totally put that into production. Yeah, I know it'll never happen, but goddamn that looks good.

In other Euro-news, the final livery for the Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak has been revealed and it hints heavily back to the legendary 405 T16 Pikes Peak.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
Went to the track and some cars were there so I took photos

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Nice photos boss. Thanks for sharing. Where was that?

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Philip J Fry posted:

Steering stabilizers. If your steering is set up properly (parallel drag link and track bar) they aren't needed. They merely mask existing steering problems (death wobble and bump steer.) Then again a lot of people with perfectly fine steering probably just slap them on to show off the brand name.

e: content

Steering stabilizers do come in handy off-road, to absorb some of the impact of your tires coming into contact with REALLY big objects.

particularly if you have no power steering. :/

Also, nice Pinzgauer 710k.

I wanted a 712k but they're simply not to be found in the US.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Had this freshly restored 1966(?) AMC Ambassador come in for a wheel alignment the other day. To my surprise, it both ran and drove quite nicely. This thing was something else:

It was also equipped with a number of interesting gadgets:

The tissue dispenser was my favorite. :3:

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Nice photos boss. Thanks for sharing. Where was that?

Barbagallo Raceway, Wanneroo, Western Australia. It's a small circuit but a lot of fun to drive on.

Here's a picture of my car there, to add some content:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Had this cute little thing roll up at the Lidl I work at:

I had to do a double take in my sleepy state after coming in after my usual breaktime ritual of sitting in the car singing along to bad 80's songs. Took a photo, told my co-worker there was a rad car outside he had to take a look at, and when he asked me what it was all I could say was "I dunno, Brum?"

The owner of the car overheard me and talked to me about it for a while, but I can't recall the name of it :smith: If anyone could ID it for me that'd be cool, he said it's from 1933 and there's about 35,000 of them left.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Johnny 5 is alive!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Songbearer posted:

Had this cute little thing roll up at the Lidl I work at:

I had to do a double take in my sleepy state after coming in after my usual breaktime ritual of sitting in the car singing along to bad 80's songs. Took a photo, told my co-worker there was a rad car outside he had to take a look at, and when he asked me what it was all I could say was "I dunno, Brum?"

The owner of the car overheard me and talked to me about it for a while, but I can't recall the name of it :smith: If anyone could ID it for me that'd be cool, he said it's from 1933 and there's about 35,000 of them left.
It's an Austin 7, my Dad has a later "Ruby" model:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
The Hot Wheels edition is a little silly but who cares.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
What the hell is that?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

BlackMK4 posted:

What the hell is that?

It's a Lancia Triflux engine.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Saw this in Denton the other day.. it made some really awesome noises too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Dinosorcerer posted:

Barbagallo Raceway, Wanneroo, Western Australia. It's a small circuit but a lot of fun to drive on.

Here's a picture of my car there, to add some content:

Yeah it's Barbagallo, 2 weeks ago during the V8 Supercars round. Pretty good racing, interesting to see the Nissans and Mercs joining the grid this year. The AMGs can be identified by the sound alone, they've got an awesome throaty roar.