Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007

Hogburto posted:

That's a pickle. If CP doesn't seem to play nice with folder_max_length at the moment, does that make this a bug report or a feature request?

It just seems weird because googling for CP having issues with file name length gives zero results. Yet the only movies that get moved are the ones that have the name unaltered, even the logs confirm that CP is searching for the 100 character name. I can't be the only one who's run into this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

I've ditched CP in favor of SAB's renaming/deleting system because its so unreliable. Using the watchlists on indexers themselves has been much more useful.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Drevoak posted:

It just seems weird because googling for CP having issues with file name length gives zero results. Yet the only movies that get moved are the ones that have the name unaltered, even the logs confirm that CP is searching for the 100 character name. I can't be the only one who's run into this.

There's something else going on, because unless he changed something CP will try to match/rename anything you drop in to the folder it's monitoring. Or, at least, it used to do that.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I've been having issues with CP actually grabbing completable files, and have also moved to having SAB download from an RSS feed and dump them to where CP can tag and move them.

Out of 10 things I've had CP grab, not a single one has completed. Maybe it hates NZB.SU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

EconOutlines posted:

I've ditched CP in favor of SAB's renaming/deleting system because its so unreliable. Using the watchlists on indexers themselves has been much more useful.

Me too. It's so much less of a headache, since I don't ever replace the movie files like I would tv. CP would without fail get the name wrong and rename my files, it probably is better but hardly worth it when Dognzb just pulls from my imdb watchlist.

I just rename the movie folder with SAB and keep the original filename if I ever need it for downloading subs or whatever. XBMC scrapes everything for me so I never used cp/sickbear/nzbdrone for that.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Is it not possible to get an RSS feed of your watchlist on dognzb?

As far as I can tell, the only way to get items from your dognzb watchlist into sanbzbd is by setting up dognzb's sabnzbd remote push thingy, but I'm sure as hell not disabling http basic auth on my server for that, so I guess I need an RSS feed.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

Thermopyle posted:

Is it not possible to get an RSS feed of your watchlist on dognzb?

As far as I can tell, the only way to get items from your dognzb watchlist into sanbzbd is by setting up dognzb's sabnzbd remote push thingy, but I'm sure as hell not disabling http basic auth on my server for that, so I guess I need an RSS feed.

There is a RSS tab in your profile.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Bioalchemist posted:

There is a RSS tab in your profile.

Yeah. But no option to get my watchlist as RSS.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

Thermopyle posted:

Yeah. But no option to get my watchlist as RSS.

When anything from your watchlist is released it will be automatically added to your bookmarks. In order to automatically download stuff from your watch list using RSS just use the one feed called "my bookmarks".

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
In case anyone missed it, Sick Beard 500 Alpha out: https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/wiki/ChangeLog

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

DOGnzb is open for 1000 new users, get in while you can.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Awesome, thank you for the heads-up EconOutlines.

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

I like to move it move it!

slomomofo posted:

Awesome, thank you for the heads-up EconOutlines.

It is definitely appreciated!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Tapedump posted:

In case anyone missed it, Sick Beard 500 Alpha out: https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/wiki/ChangeLog

Is this a stable, cool, meaningful thing to switch to for a regular joe? Or best to stay away?

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

EconOutlines posted:

Am I being a retard or is the site under a different url?

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

savesthedayrocks posted:

Am I being a retard or is the site under a different url?

Add /register

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, definitely get on dognzb if you can. They're one of the main two indexers I use along with nzb.su and I personally prefer them for certain things.

Gism0
Mar 20, 2003

huuuh?
Awesome, thanks for that - I'm now a VIP :)

Can't get it to work with Sickbeard though, it's newznab right? edit: Or maybe it did it work :)

Gism0 fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 14, 2013

DashingGentleman
Nov 10, 2009
Argh, server error on dogznb. Is it actually down or have they simply shut the gates, leaving me out in the freezing cold with my nose pressed against the virtual window like a Dickensian orphan trying to catch a glimpse of the fine binary victuals on display?

EDIT: Their IRC says they're actually down.

DashingGentleman fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 14, 2013

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Closed!

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 14, 2013

DashingGentleman
Nov 10, 2009
Thanks for the offer, site is back up and still open to registrations.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

DashingGentleman posted:

Thanks for the offer, site is back up and still open to registrations.

Did I miss the boat? Not seeing where I can register

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Syano posted:

Did I miss the boat? Not seeing where I can register

I think so, /register isn't working. :smith:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

NewgroupDirect Terabyte Tuesday is back for today only.

1TB usenet block for $38.

echo465
Jun 3, 2007
I like ice cream

emoltra posted:

I think so, /register isn't working. :smith:
Dammit, too slow.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Nice, missed this the first time. And it looks like I just made it registering for DOGnzb this morning.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
drat. No more DOgNZB? I'll even register VIP.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Feenix posted:

Is this a stable, cool, meaningful thing to switch to for a regular joe? Or best to stay away?

I haven't ever regretted being at the very bleeding edge of SB versions.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

EconOutlines posted:

Awesome - got in and registered last night, :10bux: well spent.

So, adding it to SB, do I just use the http://dognzb.cr/ ? And the api key.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

porktree posted:

Awesome - got in and registered last night, :10bux: well spent.

So, adding it to SB, do I just use the http://dognzb.cr/ ? And the api key.

Yes, that's how I have it set up and I'm pretty sure it works fine.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
So is it closed? Also why does that link turn to wikipedia.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Gozinbulx posted:

nzb.su does the same thing, easy way to deflect most people looking at stuff they don't need to

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Gozinbulx posted:

It's closed again and they do the index thing for search engines/curious people.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

SuperDucky posted:

nzb.su does the same thing, easy way to deflect most people looking at stuff they don't need to

Not quite. It takes you to a wiki hosted on their server in which you have to find the link to the real site.

Dog takes you actual wikipedia (it seems).

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Are people having issues with Supernews? I didn't have any connection errors a couple of days ago, but I can't seem to connect now. I can't access the website, either, but pinging 216.168.3.134/www.supernews.com works out fine. isup.me also says it's working. I've cleared my Chrome cache/cookies and tried different browsers, too. Nada.

Edit: I can access the site on my cell phone. In sixteen years of internetting, I've never run into anything like this. I think my ISP is blocking all connections to supernews...?

edit 2: Called my ISP and the guy I spoke with was just as confused as I am. He said he can access the server without issues. I've tried three browsers on three different computers (four, if you count my cell) and no dice. I'm wondering if maybe Supernews has blocked access from my ISP, but I can't get on their site to get a phone number. :confused: Tried calling the network number given when doing a whois, but I just get "thank you for calling. please hold." a few times and then a prompt to record my message.

last edit: Now the client is working (access to news.supernews.com), but I still can't get to supernews.com using my ISP. :psyduck:

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 15, 2013

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
I primarily use Demon but most of my downloads have been nuked and I can't really get much done anymore. Is there a better provider to fix this? Or atleast one that allows me a bigger selection?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
No. Just look for reposts when you have to and have back-up servers.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

DOGnzb Staff posted:

A little hint for all friends that did not make it on time yesterday. In case you do not have any invites yet there is always our IRC channel. Regulars looking for an invite will be rewarded. Participate, hang around and watch for staff members offering invites once in a while.

#dognzb on SynIRC.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Bloodplay it again posted:

last edit: Now the client is working (access to news.supernews.com), but I still can't get to supernews.com using my ISP. :psyduck:

OOC, what ISP is this? I've seen reports of problems with supernews on my ISP's forum, but it's been working for me just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Are there any alternatives to Headphones? I've tried and tried to get it working but it just won't behave.

It consumes a shitload of memory, it continuously eats 50-100% CPU (Raspberry Pi), and it randomly refuses to catalog some stuff. For example it refuses to put a certain album into the catalog, despite the fact that it is in the Musicbrainz database. I've tried refreshing it several times, I've tried downloading data on extras thinking it might be miscategorized, I've tried doing it at different times of day thinking Musicbrainz might be overloaded, I've tried searching for the album and specifically adding that, but nothing works.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 17, 2013