Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

nippythefish posted:

The sad thing is, most of my posts will probably be from my own father. Here's his most reason gem:

Poor Palin. So misrepresented.

Get him DVDs of Sarah Palin's Alaska.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

FrozenVent posted:

Get him DVDs of Sarah Palin's Alaska.

Is Mexico Region 1? He moved to Mexico to escape the downfall of America.

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Pew! Pew! posted:

Gordon Ramsey was like "gently caress this poo poo nope" on Kitchen Nightmares.
Episode.

I watched that full episode and it stressed me the gently caress out. That lady is bonkers. I can't believe that place is still in business.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

nippythefish posted:

The sad thing is, most of my posts will probably be from my own father. Here's his most reason gem:

Poor Palin. So misrepresented.

So misrepresented even Republicans and FOX news aren't fond of her anymore.

Correction, even her home state doesn't like her inane self anymore

quote:

Alaskans were very clear about their disapproval with their former Governor, Sarah Palin. 78% of Alaskans believe Sarah Palin should not run for President in 2016 and when asked whether they have a higher opinion of Congress or Sarah Palin, Alaskans choose Congress (50-34). This is especially telling since their approval of Congress is at a meek 8%.

Dad, she's so poison, that loving Alaska would vote for Hillary loving Clinton over their own former governor
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_AK_208.pdf

Although for the record, she should run. Please run Sarah. Senate, president, don't care what, run for something.

e: This restaurant meltdown is pretty hilarious. I can't believe they actually posted pictures of food that wasn't even theirs. C'mon people I could to Friendly's and take a picture that would make the food look spectacular.

Amused to Death has a new favorite as of 19:25 on May 14, 2013

Don Baylor
Oct 24, 2005

Pew! Pew! posted:

Episode.

I usually really hate seeing Gordon Ramsey, even as a guest on something, I just can't stand him, but morbid curiosity Got the best of me and I'm finding myself feeling kind of sorry for Gordon here. Good find on this shitstorm.

edit; Just finished the episode, I still hate his show, but that was completely worth seeing.

And on Palin, most people I talk to around here in Anchorage, they don't care for her much.

Don Baylor has a new favorite as of 20:10 on May 14, 2013

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

Ramsay seemed like he was in total disbelief at the end, he didn't bother to get angry or yell like he normally does, he was just like :stare:.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Amused to Death posted:

Dad, she's so poison, that loving Alaska would vote for Hillary loving Clinton over their own former governor

That poll is biased, along with Snopes and any other detractor, of course. He's not worth trying with anymore.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

hypersober posted:

From a Facebook friend who's been going to the gym almost every night trying to lose weight:

Let me just take this picture of a stranger at the gym, which totally fine behavior, and ask people to comment on her body on the internet. I am the normal person and she is weird.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

e^ The funny thing about that picture is before I read the caption to it, I figured it was going to be some creepy guy who needs to leer at women at the gym. Nope, creepy woman instead! That was a curveball.

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

Ramsay seemed like he was in total disbelief at the end, he didn't bother to get angry or yell like he normally does, he was just like :stare:.

Do Hell Kitchen episodes go up on Netflix or anywhere else on the internet soon after they go on air? I've only seen clips of the show in the past but I want to watch this episode
e: Nvn, already posted, I'm an idiot.

Amused to Death has a new favorite as of 19:59 on May 14, 2013

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Pew! Pew! posted:

Episode.

This is just flat out amazing. Everyone watch this poo poo.

Watch the second part too. Gordon just walks away, probably for the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=XQDtoHpAWhg

Field Mousepad has a new favorite as of 20:27 on May 14, 2013

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Pew! Pew! posted:

Episode.

I live in Arizona, I should just go to the restaurant for the free show

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

I don't like Hell's Kitchen, but this episode is ridiculous. These people are crazy.

I would be terrified to be around Amy or Sammy in any space with knives.

Goosed it. has a new favorite as of 20:11 on May 14, 2013

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

I'm only like 10 minutes into this episode, and dear god :stare: I mean there's a pizza resutraunt around here that's almost as well known for their lousy service as they are for their pizza, the thing though is their pizza makes them famous enough where they can get away with it and they've been there for 70 something years. How does this place stay open?

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
I can't find the thread now but a redditor made a convincing argument that that restaurant is possibly a front for money-laundering.

Edit: Found it, top comment: http://www.reddit.com/r/cringepics/comments/1e9tk2/so_amys_baking_companys_facebook_page_is_having_a/

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
This is just amazing http://i.imgur.com/FS5blQr.png

Man, you guys should watch out! SHE IS GOING TO GET YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Wow, just. Woah. The producer should have just cut all of the "suspenseful" music out because that would have made it even worse.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Ahahaha, oh man, that whole thing was just glorious. I mean, I've heard the places he "saves" don't usually stick around for long anyway. But hot drat, I kind of want to fly out to Arizona just to go to that place and see it for myself. That kind of crazy belongs in a museum, where it can be remembered and learned from for all time.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
This is the best kind of trainwreck, where they know how to use the internet as well.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Flaggy posted:

This is the best kind of trainwreck, where they know how to use the internet as well.

The drama and outrage they spew is probably the tastiest thing they make.

OH NO MY DICK
Feb 24, 2013

Forums Jesus

Druggachusettes posted:

I can't find the thread now but a redditor made a convincing argument that that restaurant is possibly a front for money-laundering.

Edit: Found it, top comment: http://www.reddit.com/r/cringepics/comments/1e9tk2/so_amys_baking_companys_facebook_page_is_having_a/

Confirmed that the restaurant's owner is missing Brown student Sunil Tripathi.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Holy poo poo that episode and the ensuing meltdown are completely hilarious.

ONE DAY WE TOO WILL HAVE A HUMAN CHILD! WE'LL SHOW YOU!! WE'LL SHOW YOU ALL!!! :argh:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

dijon du jour posted:

ONE DAY WE TOO WILL HAVE A HUMAN CHILD! WE'LL SHOW YOU!! WE'LL SHOW YOU ALL!!! :argh:

Don't they know lizard people can't have human children?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Her desserts actually looked really good. Everything else about the restaurant seemed to be an utter trainwreck.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I am hooked on G. Ramsay like a drug - I'll watch about anything with him in it. He always fake-threatens to leave in the middle of a show when owners aren't cooperative, and I'm always pissed when he comes back. Not only is it cathartic that he did gtfo, but the aftershocks on Facebook are like some wonderful gift.

VVVV - Hell's Kitchen is his worst production. All the other ones revolve around his love for food and restaurateur-ing, and all the yelling is usually for a good purpose (e.g. an inept chef serving toxic food). His British shows involve less grandstanding than the American ones.

Captain Lavender has a new favorite as of 22:14 on May 14, 2013

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I generally don't like Ramsay, but Kitchen Nightmares is pretty good because he is genuinely trying to help these restaurants and often turns them round completely. It's in things like Hell's Kitchen where he seems to spend all his time screaming and swearing at his own staff that he comes across as a massive jerk.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

dijon du jour posted:

Reminder: When she's talking about her childrens, she's talking about cats.

I love it when reality TV gets in my internet stupidity; it's like when peanut butter gets in my chocolate.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Stoatbringer posted:

I generally don't like Ramsay, but Kitchen Nightmares is pretty good because he is genuinely trying to help these restaurants and often turns them round completely. It's in things like Hell's Kitchen where he seems to spend all his time screaming and swearing at his own staff that he comes across as a massive jerk.

Really, Hell's Kitchen is the exception for Gordon Ramsay shows. I'm pretty sure the producers for Hell's Kitchen have Gordon act like a much bigger jerk on that show for some reason. You can especially tell in the early episodes of Kitchen Nightmares that were on the BBC rather than Fox.

This Amy's Baking Company episode might be one of my favorites though. I feel bad for Gordon. The facebook breakdown is hilarious.

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005
I get the chills thinking that one day this fuckwit may be right
I'm not entirely sure why Facebook is suggesting this post for me, but:

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
So, awful kitchens aside... I'm not sure what to do with this:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

A teacher of mine had our class watch an episode or two of Kitchen Nightmares as part of a project management course I took in college; it's a great deal easier to watch than Hell's Kitchen. I haven't watched the show in some time, and this episode is just horrific. It's making me uncomfortable watching it, and I have a hard time believing it's not just an amazingly orchestrated media stunt.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pew! Pew! posted:

Episode.

Hahaha, this episode is amazing. I really want to visit this place now.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

NotAnArtist posted:

A teacher of mine had our class watch an episode or two of Kitchen Nightmares as part of a project management course I took in college; it's a great deal easier to watch than Hell's Kitchen. I haven't watched the show in some time, and this episode is just horrific. It's making me uncomfortable watching it, and I have a hard time believing it's not just an amazingly orchestrated media stunt.

It's an elaborate scheme to market themselves as the World's Worst Restaurant and attract millions. :tinfoil:

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tardigrade posted:

It's an elaborate scheme to market themselves as the World's Worst Restaurant and attract millions. :tinfoil:

It's kind of working. If I were close, I'd be there.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Bwahahaha the page deleted the posts, I guess they're trying to set record for fastest speed on a bike backwards

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Oh god I'm flying to Phoenix on Friday. It's so tempting to go there, but I don't know if I want to subject the people I'll be with to that.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

NotAnArtist posted:

The lady went crazy on Yelp a couple years ago over a 1 star review.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Too bad what that restaurant said is now preserved forever. :allears:
They are also now claiming they were hacked.

Also this happened on my facebook:

I'm not sure how I feel about this but it reminds me of my horrible anime-obsessed middle school days. :smith:

Drewford
Jun 29, 2012
Only have one person who posts this stuff on my newsfeed but oh boy are they prolific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Now they're saying they got hacked. oh god my sides

• Locked thread