Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

OldTennisCourt posted:

To be fair, the film was meant to be released in 2003.

Oh, so like the year finding nemo came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I just want to echo what they said how legitimately creepy it is to be doing this kids (I loving assume?) movie about how generic brands are literal nazis and buying all your favorite corporate names literally keeps them alive. Like they said for Toy Story it worked because the point was the love for your toys and the innocence of childhood and all, this is literally "IF YOU DON'T FUCKIN BUY CHARLIE THE TUNA'S TUNA YOU LOVE NAZIS".

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I just want to echo what they said how legitimately creepy it is to be doing this kids (I loving assume?) movie about how generic brands are literal nazis and buying all your favorite corporate names literally keeps them alive. Like they said for Toy Story it worked because the point was the love for your toys and the innocence of childhood and all, this is literally "IF YOU DON'T FUCKIN BUY CHARLIE THE TUNA'S TUNA YOU LOVE NAZIS".

As I said the message of his movie is abhorrent. Along with everything else.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
I like how they bring up the question of what product the hideous ballsack rats could possibly be advertising, because I was way too distracted by the fact that Charlie Sheen kept calling the rat burglar a cat to think about it. Foodfight is a Dada masterpiece. Still a little disappointed that they didn't bring up poo poo weasel. "Agony... she is like my dear beloved."

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 10:59 on May 16, 2013

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I'm not "up to date" on WHM but I think I'm gonna have to listen to this episode soon. I had never heard of this movie but it sounds/looks like one of the most insane things ever.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's really good, I'd list it as a good one for people to get into the podcast with. It's so terrible and they hate it so much.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It's really good, I'd list it as a good one for people to get into the podcast with. It's so terrible and they hate it so much.

I loved how they compared it to looking into the ark. I am so happy that they took my request.

I also wonder if there will be any "good" movies in this viewer request month. The two they have done so far they hated.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 16, 2013

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
Everyone who likes bad movies really owes it to themselves to watch suffer through Foodfight! at least once. The podcast doesn't even come close to doing justice at how ugly and poorly-animated it is. I'm sad they didn't even once mention that disgusting turd-weasel thing. :barf:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mogambo posted:

Everyone who likes bad movies really owes it to themselves to watch suffer through Foodfight! at least once. The podcast doesn't even come close to doing justice at how ugly and poorly-animated it is. I'm sad they didn't even once mention that disgusting turd-weasel thing. :barf:

I assume they have an uncut version of it that lasts 2-3 hours.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

bango skank posted:

What? I- what? I can't. This came out 2012? 2012?! I know it's Pixar but Toy Story came out almost 20 years ago and it still looks loving lightyears ahead of this.

Who payed for this?! Who made this? Who was it made for?!

This looks worse than I imagined from the episode.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Whatever you do, DO NOT look up how much was spent to make food fight, you will weep for humanity.

They may have gotten into this in the podcast, my memory is hazy and I think the Boondock 2 podcast went into this a bit more but if after 3 years your lovely cgi film is trying to get off the ground, just stop, it was never meant to be. The hard drives didn't get stolen, it was divine intervention, god wanted to get involved but not too involved. He made the hard drives disappear but when they just started over he threw his hands up. Also I'm kinda surprised at how sparse the wiki/imdb for food fight is, between the theft and 10 years in the making I expected a lot more said about the film. After seeing a clip and hearing about the thefts I just assumed it was all some kind of insurance scam.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Skywalker OG posted:

This looks worse than I imagined from the episode.

There's a scene where Charlie Sheen and the racist squirrel are loving around in the grocery store during the day, and the models they use for the human shoppers are legitimately sickening.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

Mogambo posted:

It's an amazing episode, and I thing everyone really should watch the trailer and clips on youtube first to get a feel for the awfulness.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

moleman posted:

It's an amazing episode, and I thing everyone really should watch the trailer and clips on youtube first to get a feel for the awfulness.

Or watch the whole thing!
http://www.livestream.com/charliesheendog

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Dear God, why can't I stop myself.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Al! posted:

Dear God, why can't I stop myself.

It looks like Reboot animated by those Taiwan news guys and I can't...I have to finish this movie.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
Just a minute of your time to recommend a horror movie podcast that actually talks about movies like rational adults without the need for forced humor and annoying live performance gimmicks: Bloody Good Horror.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bloody-good-horror/id276600697

I just found this one by accident this morning and have been loving it so far. A group of people who somehow, miraculously, lack the annoying elements of those other movie podcasts we all talk about, be they ear-splitting high-pitched man pixies, goony neckbeards with annoying snickers, attention hogs who don't understand the subject matter and spend the whole podcast shouting "WHAT'S GOING ON?!", bros from college who spend the whole time laughing about nothing, and what have you.

Instead, it's a podcast that actually spends the whole time discussing the subject matter and somehow managed to bring up both Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas and The Peanut Butter Solution. Give it a listen if you have a moment.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Well you did a great job saying why everyone else sucks, why is that podcast good?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Yeah that's just done a great job of making sure I don't click the link

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I was going to give it a chance but you can only go back 20 or so episodes before they cost money, no thanks.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

On an unrelated (related?) note, I haven't posted in here in awhile, but we've got our newest episode of Alcohollywood up, where we make a drinking game/cocktail to, and discuss in depth, the 1999 superhero parody Mystery Men. If anyone wants to check it out, any feedback is much appreciated!

Vakal
May 11, 2008
We Hate Movies has been on fire lately with their movie picks. Maniac Cop 3, Godzilla, and now Steel today. Great stuff.

How Did This Get Made? on the other hand has been very disappointing the last couple of months. Joyful Noise was a complete waste and now they seem to be focusing on movies that are
just hitting theaters. First Fast and the Furious 6 and now After Earth. I wonder what made them start doing new movies.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
"When you're that tall, you're sort of a monster... I mean you're mostly human, but you're sort of a monster."

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

Vakal posted:

We Hate Movies has been on fire lately with their movie picks. Maniac Cop 3, Godzilla, and now Steel today. Great stuff.

How Did This Get Made? on the other hand has been very disappointing the last couple of months. Joyful Noise was a complete waste

I've tried a half dozen times to get through that episode, it's just terrible and boring. It really hurts them that they don't provide even the briefest of plot recaps. For older movies that's fine, but for new stuff it's easy to get lost. I agree, WHM has been amazing lately. #BringBackTheNoid.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
On their facebook they've been posting Noid Sightings, too. We gotta get him back!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Vakal posted:

How Did This Get Made? on the other hand has been very disappointing the last couple of months. Joyful Noise was a complete waste and now they seem to be focusing on movies that are
just hitting theaters. First Fast and the Furious 6 and now After Earth. I wonder what made them start doing new movies.

On the other hand Yeah, its that bad is doing English Patient. Man that podcast went downhill

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

OK Octopus posted:

Just a minute of your time to recommend a horror movie podcast that actually talks about movies like rational adults without the need for forced humor and annoying live performance gimmicks: Bloody Good Horror.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bloody-good-horror/id276600697

Instead, it's a podcast that actually spends the whole time discussing the subject matter

So, I listened to the Event Horizon episode, and they didn't start talking about the movie until 13 minutes in and stopped 55 minutes in, so that is around thirty minutes not discussing the subject matter.

They didn't really say anything interesting for the other 42 minutes, but I will give it another try.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Skywalker OG posted:

So, I listened to the Event Horizon episode, and they didn't start talking about the movie until 13 minutes in and stopped 55 minutes in, so that is around thirty minutes not discussing the subject matter.

They didn't really say anything interesting for the other 42 minutes, but I will give it another try.

I picked an episode at random and listened to them talk about picking out furniture at Ikea for 10 minutes before turning it off in disgust.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

I just posted our latest episode of Alcohollywood, where we blab about Sucker Punch for about an hour with fellow CineDer General Ironicus. It actually turned out to be a pretty great discussion if anyone wants to check it out.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

The only film I've ever walked out on in theaters. And fantastic potential for any discussion; the HDTGM on Sucker Punch was fantastic.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus christ gently caress whoever decided to edit Yeah it's That Bad the way they do. I wanted to try it out since I love WHM but I've listened to everything they've got, so I downloaded an episode and barely made it five minutes in. The way it's cut gives it this schizophrenic, frantic feel to the whole thing. Someone will say something funny, they'll stat laughing, and like a second into the laugh it just cuts to them talking more. It's unnerving and felt like it was going to give me an anxiety attack. I don't have any idea how people could listen to this on the regular.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Today's Flophouse was my favorite in a long long time. It's like 10% actually talking about how stupid Red Dawn was and then 90% just being hilarious.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

bango skank posted:

Jesus christ gently caress whoever decided to edit Yeah it's That Bad the way they do. I wanted to try it out since I love WHM but I've listened to everything they've got, so I downloaded an episode and barely made it five minutes in. The way it's cut gives it this schizophrenic, frantic feel to the whole thing. Someone will say something funny, they'll stat laughing, and like a second into the laugh it just cuts to them talking more. It's unnerving and felt like it was going to give me an anxiety attack. I don't have any idea how people could listen to this on the regular.

Everything about that podcast is bad. They have not had a good movie choice in a while and they talk about the movie for about 15 minutes. It just seems that its mostly in jokes and something that only friends would enjoy.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Today's Flophouse was my favorite in a long long time. It's like 10% actually talking about how stupid Red Dawn was and then 90% just being hilarious.

Jesus, I came here to post that. They were on fire in this episode.

bango skank posted:

They pared this down over time. I think they're getting burned out with making episodes and don't spend as much time on them anymore.

bobservo fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 16, 2013

The 47 Reagans
Mar 14, 2010
The Flop House is great (celebrate Bring Your Dad To War Day), We Hate Movies is solid, HDTGM had at least one moment last week; it's been a good week for bad movie podcasts.

bobkatt013 posted:

Everything about that podcast is bad. They have not had a good movie choice in a while and they talk about the movie for about 15 minutes. It just seems that its mostly in jokes and something that only friends would enjoy.

Doesn't Yeah It's That Bad let listeners who donate ~$50 pick what movies they do? Maybe that's why their selections are getting weird/they're getting tired of things.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Vakal posted:

I picked an episode at random and listened to them talk about picking out furniture at Ikea for 10 minutes before turning it off in disgust.

Just wait til you've heard them open every episode with 15 minutes reviewing the beer they're drinking!

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
If Bloody Good Horror is anything like my other favorite movie podcast to We Hate Movies, Night of the Living Podcast, then it's not like the other podcasts posted in this thread. NOTLP, and likely BGH, are both dependent on you really liking the people on the shows and caring about their personal stories and etc. NOTLP takes time to get into the films, but it's hilarious because the groups interactions with each other is natural and it feels just like a cool group of best friends chatting about horror.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
What are the best Flophouse eps? This one was definitely up there; any one without Elliot is out of the running. I loved the opening of "In Time" ("Are you having a stroke?" / "Time.")

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Golden Bee posted:

What are the best Flophouse eps? This one was definitely up there; any one without Elliot is out of the running. I loved the opening of "In Time" ("Are you having a stroke?" / "Time.")

Episodes without Elliot? You're down to like two, man.

PS: My podcast did a movie you guys may remember if you were a pre/teen in the 90s - Teaching Mrs. Tingle. I'm not sure I've ever seen a movie that was so badly butchered to achieve a PG-13 rating. Columbine certainly did ruin everything. http://netflixmartyrs.blogspot.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snackpants
Sep 3, 2009

Watch how fast I type "motherfucker."

Golden Bee posted:

Recently, 'Stolen' and 'Playing for Keeps' are more consistently funny; I think it depends a lot on what kind of bad the movie is. The more boring the movie, the more they have to reach for the humor.

From the vault, there's plenty of good ones: the Awards Floptaculars, at least for the Floppies segment; Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium ("Mr Mark Knopfler's Penis Gobblers"), Bratz, Big Money Rustlas, Journey 2 the Mysterious Island. It's obviously the best when all three Original Peaches are present. Nothing makes me break into stupid laughter more than the Halloween movie ratings.

We Hate Movies can be hit or miss for me, but I loved the recent Godzilla episode and of course, Foodfight. I'm continually impressed by how in depth they get with picking apart the problems with the plot and script.