Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Or they make some interesting self-discoveries and end up pining for Iron Widow.

Aw, crap. Is this really how page 9 is going to start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
If it helps, here's a JPG to help page 9 get off on the right foot and it's even Magneto-related!

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
I forget, is Galactus' cosmic emo daughter in-canon?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Boy, I hope not, because I just looked her up, and she sounds terrible.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
She was in the 616 universe, wasn't she? Some quick Googling suggests she may just be canon.

Also, maybe it was just my revulsion at learning of her existence which prevented me from absorbing much of her Wikipedia entry, but... who was the mother? And how did Galactus... you know, maybe I don't need to know.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
My own recollections of it are kind of poor, but I believe the words "Cosmic Tapeworm" were involved. It's... not that great of a plot is about the kindest thing I can say.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
The Avengers lurch ever closer to existence!

So is the SHRA being debated currently or no? I wasn't clear.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Kellsterik posted:

The Avengers lurch ever closer to existence!

So is the SHRA being debated currently or no? I wasn't clear.

The SHRA as a thing isn't being debated on the floor right now. Stark and Rand being called to Congress was sort of a preliminary discussion of superhuman responsibility, if you will?

Don't worry, when the SHRA becomes a thing, you'll know (even if your character doesn't immediately).

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 17, 2013

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Does nobody want to take this opportunity to throw a teammate under the bus and have them take the brunt of media criticism when this team turns on itself in the heat of battle?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I assumed Iron Man was the default leader in lieu of Thor or Cap, but I didn't want to nominate a Watcher character! And since most of the group is in a room together for the first time, we (I?) don't really know what the team dynamic will end up being (for as long as we have one).

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I didn't realize we were being prompted for reals. I'm also not sure I can nominate somebody, because I'm not even really a member. Hell, I wasn't even actually invited! Otherwise, I'd say Dr. Strange. Because he is the man!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I would, but you kept me from voting the obvious choice.

Vote Stephen Strange! He's led more teams than anyone else! Vote Strange for press-ganging and horrible team morale!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Kellsterik posted:

I assumed Iron Man was the default leader in lieu of Thor or Cap, but I didn't want to nominate a Watcher character! And since most of the group is in a room together for the first time, we (I?) don't really know what the team dynamic will end up being (for as long as we have one).

Well hey, if its an issue with team dynamics, consider that a growing pain for the team. Maybe it will be a lesson that the Avengers now should try a different structure. Perhaps it will be a hilarious disaster. I heartily encourage someone to yell someone else's name.

And also, you know who are founding New Avengers and not Watcher characters? Danny and Strange. There's also Hercules, who so far has been a good idea factory.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Okay, I got caught up with some other game stuff. Catching up now!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I've officially cast Dr. Strange's cloak into the ring. You can thank me later. ;)

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Strange would actually have been my pick too once I thought about it! Although Dust probably owes Hercules a vote after all the boosting.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Speaking of cloaks, if Strange is still wearing his old blue and white tunic getup, I'd say the unveiling of a New Avengers team is the perfect chance to get a slick new outfit. Maybe something sleek and modern, with a new color scheme. Red on black, perhaps.

E: in fact lets just say "looking cool" is a requirement for hanging out with Tony Stark. Iron Fist got dressed up, why can't you?

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 07:00 on May 18, 2013

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Tony wishes he looked half as good as the Sorcerer Supreme.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If transitioning you from blue and white tunic 70s Strange to the ultra-slick modern Strange costume from the Defenders is a problem, I'm not sure I know you anymore.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I'm just sayin', the fur lined cape stays.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I understand. Clea took all of her other things with her when she left you.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Burn.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Welp, time to lose my Mystic Regalia powerset because :drat:

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I did always kind of wonder about that. Not that I have anything against the slick new costume, but wasn't the point of the old one that all of those frills and accessories were actually powerful magical artifacts? I mean, how does he do all the magic stuff now, anyway?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
They probably got removed or disempowered when he wasn't Sorcerer Supreme any more.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Brother Voodoo had them and then he died and :iiam:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mr. Maltose posted:

Brother Voodoo had them and then he died and :iiam:

Dr Strange realized that the magic hadn't come from the cape or the bling. The magic had been inside him the whole time

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I think technically it was inside the Vishanti the whole time, but similar message.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
And by the Vishanti, you mean Matt Fraction's brain meats.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The magic was in Hawkguy all along!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Cuuuuurveball!

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
What If Stephen Strange Became The Sorcerer Supreme Instead Of Clint Barton?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Instead of mangled hands it's deafness, also Spiderman would die.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Kellsterik posted:

I think technically it was inside the Vishanti the whole time, but similar message.

No, I mean he made replicas of them before giving them to Brother Voodoo, then used his surgeon skills to hide the originals in specially-constructed cavities inside his torso, while giving the replicas to BV. That's why Brother Voodoo got killed. Bad equipment.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Tell me if I need to speed this up, but I'm going to have a bit of fun playing cat and mouse with Stark otherwise.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Pretty sure ou mean cat and also-cat.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Mystique might not know the Illuminati exist, but she sure knows they're possible.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jeez, can't a bunch of rich dudes swap stories about when they realized they wanted to be Scrooge McDuck without getting hassled?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Not if that gets 10,000 people killed by Bruce Banner, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I do think the idea of a team led by Hercules is fantastic. I would love to see this team. I would love to BE this team!

• Locked thread