Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

Paul MaudDib posted:

Are there any alternatives to Headphones? I've tried and tried to get it working but it just won't behave.

It consumes a shitload of memory, it continuously eats 50-100% CPU (Raspberry Pi), and it randomly refuses to catalog some stuff. For example it refuses to put a certain album into the catalog, despite the fact that it is in the Musicbrainz database. I've tried refreshing it several times, I've tried downloading data on extras thinking it might be miscategorized, I've tried doing it at different times of day thinking Musicbrainz might be overloaded, I've tried searching for the album and specifically adding that, but nothing works.

The only way to improve headphones to my knowledge is the private musicbrainz server you can donate too. Usually that fixes a majority of problems. I haven't ran headphones in a while so I'm not much help on the other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Enjoy, uh... refreshing time!
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but what's the status on the goon nzb site?

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006
Can someone help me with this issue I have involving SAB? It's really silly, but every time I open a window in my browser it automatically opens SABnzbd in a new tab. I tried googling for an answer but I feel really dumb that I can't solve this.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

justlikedunkirk posted:

Can someone help me with this issue I have involving SAB? It's really silly, but every time I open a window in my browser it automatically opens SABnzbd in a new tab. I tried googling for an answer but I feel really dumb that I can't solve this.
Firefox?

Enter about :config in the address bar.
Find browser.newtab.url
If it's [SAB address], right click and reset it.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Anyone having issues using dognzb with sickbeard? I added dognzb.cr as the URL of a news nab provider and my API key to the settings, but it won't find anything when searching. It works fine with CP and yes I'm a VIP member.

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Firefox?

Enter about :config in the address bar.
Find browser.newtab.url
If it's [SAB address], right click and reset it.

Yeah it's Firefox, and the SAB address wasn't there.

Every time I launch Firefox it has two tabs: the home page and SAB. And if I open a new window in Firefox an SAB tab will pop up in that window as well. I tried looking for a way to stop it in SAB but I can't really find an option for it.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
Could you rule out your extensions and start Firefox up in privacy or safe mode?

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax

justlikedunkirk posted:

Do you have more than one site set as your homepage? Firefox lets you specify more than one.

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006

Kachunkachunk posted:

Could you rule out your extensions and start Firefox up in privacy or safe mode?

I already did that and it still happened.

cornface posted:

Do you have more than one site set as your homepage? Firefox lets you specify more than one.

Checked those and it's only on the default page. I don't want to turn the thread into tech support for this so I'll probably head over to the SAB forums. I just find it really strange. This is a new PC I built, and I don't know why it keeps opening a new tab with every window. I can solve this problem if I shut down SAB but it just starts back up when I have it running again.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Launch browser on startup isn't checked is it?

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
I've noticed a preponderance of passworded files on Nzb.su lately and it's really messing up Sickbeard. Is there any way to filter this crap out of Sickbeard's search? They usually have some text key like "2HB" in it that could theoretically be filtered.

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006

SeaborneClink posted:

Launch browser on startup isn't checked is it?

It wasn't, but I managed to solve the problem. I forgot that, after migrating over all my Firefox add-ons/settings to my new PC, it kept the API key from my old PC in nzbdstatus. Once I put the right key in the problem went away. I'm glad it was over me being stupid/forgetful and nothing too serious.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

he1ixx posted:

I've noticed a preponderance of passworded files on Nzb.su lately and it's really messing up Sickbeard. Is there any way to filter this crap out of Sickbeard's search? They usually have some text key like "2HB" in it that could theoretically be filtered.

Open the config.ini in your sickbeard registry. There is an ignore_words option. Just add 2HB. There are no real releases from that "group".

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

elwood posted:

Open the config.ini in your sickbeard registry. There is an ignore_words option. Just add 2HB. There are no real releases from that "group".
Thanks for this :)

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Are there any good guides on how to encode mpeg2 (.ts) video into x264 mkvs?

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

elwood posted:

Brilliant. Thanks!

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

elwood posted:

I've run into more passworded files tonight but now with legit upload distros like EVOLVE. It's making Sickbeard almost completely useless since they are mimicking actual file names now. Nzb's are no longer tagged as "Wanted" i.e. it never downloads legit versions unless I download them manually. Is there precedent for this crap? I'm pretty new to this Nzb stuff.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

he1ixx posted:

I've run into more passworded files tonight but now with legit upload distros like EVOLVE. It's making Sickbeard almost completely useless since they are mimicking actual file names now. Nzb's are no longer tagged as "Wanted" i.e. it never downloads legit versions unless I download them manually. Is there precedent for this crap? I'm pretty new to this Nzb stuff.

Not with Usenet far as I am aware. However this poisoning the well tactic worked wonders in the mid 2000s during the post Napster P2P era. Kazaa and it's ilk were plagued with Mp3 that consisted of 1/3rd real content in the beginning of the song then total screeching white noise in the middle and end. Just do your searched by hand and ignore listing with a lot of comments on it.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
More on the passworded files.

Is there a way to have SABnzbd tell sickbeard that the files it got were passworded, mark that specific set as bullshit and go after another set of files, even if they're named the same thing?

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir

maniacripper posted:

More on the passworded files.

Is there a way to have SABnzbd tell sickbeard that the files it got were passworded, mark that specific set as bullshit and go after another set of files, even if they're named the same thing?

Yeah, Sickbeard is gonna have to evolve a way to deal with this stuff, because the encrypted files are getting out of hand. I wish the indexers could figure out which files were junk.

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007
Is this a Sickbeard only problem? I use NZBDrone and it automatically downloads the real release after a bit of time since the encrypted NZBs never finish. Hell, I didn't realize there was an encrypted nzb problem until I noticed a shitload of them sitting paused in my sab queue marked as encrypted.:shrug:

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010
I downloaded one today and SAB said it failed unpacking due to password but there was an intact file in the folder when I manually checked that was complete and worked. So I don't know what is up.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
Can NZBDrone be set to exclude 2HB as well? I can only find a white list...

Gism0
Mar 20, 2003

huuuh?
If anyone else is having the issue with Sickbeard where certain shows have incorrect episode numbering (due to thetvdb using different numbering than the scene) I've found a proxy service which puts everything in the correct order.. http://thexem.de/

To set it up in SB open lib/tvdb_api/tvdb_api.py

Then find the line (around line 480 at present)
code:
self.config['base_url'] = "http://thetvdb.com"
replace it with:
code:
self.config['base_url'] = "http://thexem.de/proxy/tvdb/scene"
Note: If you update Sickbeard (including auto-updates) you'll have to make the change again.

I just did a full refresh on a show with this problem and now everything is perfect. Sweet.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
thexem is used by NZBdrone, in case people were wondering

eddyc49
Aug 25, 2004
I just had the passworded file thing happen last night for the first time. I changed the setting in SANZBD from ”pause" to "none". The file redownloaded, extracted, and post processed fine at that point.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Gism0 posted:

If anyone else is having the issue with Sickbeard where certain shows have incorrect episode numbering (due to thetvdb using different numbering than the scene) I've found a proxy service which puts everything in the correct order.. http://thexem.de/

code:
replace it with:
code:
Note: If you update Sickbeard (including auto-updates) you'll have to make the change again.

I just did a full refresh on a show with this problem and now everything is perfect. Sweet.

Any idea if this lets the new builds work with anime series? I'll have to give this a go when I get home.

Gism0
Mar 20, 2003

huuuh?

sharktamer posted:

Any idea if this lets the new builds work with anime series? I'll have to give this a go when I get home.

No idea sorry, I see it has entries for anidb.net but I'm not sure if they are made available to sickbeard?

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

sharktamer posted:

You sure are a cool techno wizard.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

FISHMANPET posted:

Are there any good guides on how to encode mpeg2 (.ts) video into x264 mkvs?

Handbrake should do this automagically.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I've had any account at nzb.su but it doesn't work anymore. :(

What other indexing sites are good to look out for? I have accounts at omgwtfnzbs and ftdworld, are they decent now? Lately I was mostly using binsearch/nzbfriends, but it kinda sucks.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

YouTuber posted:

Not with Usenet far as I am aware. However this poisoning the well tactic worked wonders in the mid 2000s during the post Napster P2P era. Kazaa and it's ilk were plagued with Mp3 that consisted of 1/3rd real content in the beginning of the song then total screeching white noise in the middle and end. Just do your searched by hand and ignore listing with a lot of comments on it.

I've seen occasional encrypted files for years, but it's really stepped up in recent weeks with one series in particular, which I'm guessing is the same one everybody else is having problems. I have noticed that they do tend seed the fake files early to trick Sick Beard. I think adding an option to SB so it wouldn't search until X hours past the air date and then take the most recent files of the right size would probably cut down on lots of the fakes, as most of them taper off after about 24 hours.

BTW, I assume that anyone who can manage to setup Sick Beard is smart enough not to open the "click_here_for_password.htm.exe" files that comes with these things, but in case it isn't obvious, don't run them. It's not content owners poisoning the well, it's fuckers trying to piggyback on a popular series to deploy trojans on your computer.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

mrmcd posted:

I've seen occasional encrypted files for years, but it's really stepped up in recent weeks with one series in particular, which I'm guessing is the same one everybody else is having problems. I have noticed that they do tend seed the fake files early to trick Sick Beard. I think adding an option to SB so it wouldn't search until X hours past the air date and then take the most recent files of the right size would probably cut down on lots of the fakes, as most of them taper off after about 24 hours.

BTW, I assume that anyone who can manage to setup Sick Beard is smart enough not to open the "click_here_for_password.htm.exe" files that comes with these things, but in case it isn't obvious, don't run them. It's not content owners poisoning the well, it's fuckers trying to piggyback on a popular series to deploy trojans on your computer.

A timer to have Sickbeard wait a bit before trying to grab the file is a good idea, but the only bad part is that that particular show gets DMCA'ed ridiculously quickly.

I would bet that the passworded files are posted by the parent media company, in the same way the music corporations poisoned Napster files all those years ago.

Stugazi
Mar 1, 2004

Who me, Bitter?
I've had good luck with nzbid but it requires manually logging in and searching. I have an acct but it doesn't work with SickBeard. Anyone else get that combo working? How?

johny006
Apr 6, 2013

by T. Finninho
Has anyone experience with GetNZB provider? The price for yearly membership seems to be rather good.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I just changed over to a new SSD and went with a clean install of Windows 7. Got my sickbeard and SABNZBD up, but.....every time I try to post process files from sickbeard, this comes up:

"Unable to move the files to their new home"

I've taken all of my hard drives and changed the ownership over to the new SSD Windows 7 drive and allowed full control for all files. This is some stupid Windows 7 security bs, isn't it?

Gism0
Mar 20, 2003

huuuh?

Gism0 posted:

code:
replace it with:
code:

So after a few days of using thexem I've noticed that it's really slow and goes down a lot, not sure if it's worth using to be honest.

Gism0
Mar 20, 2003

huuuh?
SABnzbd 0.7.12 was released yesterday: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14054&sid=32591d0998d8a1a82b2b310d05a78df3

Changelog posted:

Fix issues in encryption detection
Don't try to "join" a single X.000 file
Fix memory overflow when joining very large files
Make name sorting of the queue case-insensitive
Save job data to disk after changing job password or other attributes
Deploy "abort when completion not possible" method also in pre-download check

Hopefully this fixes all the false-positives I've been seeing. Half the time the file extracts fine even though SAB thinks it's encrypted.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Can CouchPotato manage an existing movie collection yet? I just updated to the latest verison after not using it for probably 9 months. I want to specify a quality for a file I already have and then have CP rename it and download all the metadata for XBMC. Can CP do that, or should I keep tying to do it with Ember Media Manager?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

FISHMANPET posted:

Can CouchPotato manage an existing movie collection yet? I just updated to the latest verison after not using it for probably 9 months. I want to specify a quality for a file I already have and then have CP rename it and download all the metadata for XBMC. Can CP do that, or should I keep tying to do it with Ember Media Manager?

Is there a reason you aren't just using XBMC? The scrapers in v12 are quote good, and identified 95% of my movie library correctly. The remainder was a mix of folders having the wrong year, or weird names that never search correctly, or just stuff that's not in IMDB. Hitting Info and rescanning then searching for the name manually fixed that for me.