Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Lets be a mortal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Dawn of Time.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Gonna betray dAd first chance we get.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

B, because it sounds interesting!

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

B
Mortal world, here we come!

J Bloo
Mar 20, 2009
option b hoping for a Narod style role.

Also, cut in line (gently caress that sign).

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Even if this is stuck in the game room you still had one hell of a good run on GBS.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
gBs!

I think we should stick to our strengths; bringing everything down around our ears. Lets start with a world we can watch burn, and I think we're up to the hard mode challenge of starting mortal.

First things first, we'll have no chance without a loyal and unbiased adviser so... steal an animal and paint it purple.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 11:41 on May 20, 2013

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
I say B. We wont necessarily be human but it'll be more fun with people around.

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
I can't resist the allure of probably knowing more than the NPCs this time around, not to mention having powers. A.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

An update. No word from the GBS mods yet on being moved back to GBS, but lets keep our fingers crossed, it is still early in the morning, so they probably did not see it yet.

Traditional Games is a good forum, but almost everyone from the last game, except for perhaps 3 or 4 people, came from GBS. Part of what made the game fun was exposing it to a wider group. If we wanted a smaller group, we could have done a PDQ, Gurps, DnD etc style game with a limited number of characters and applications, but this is a Chose your Own Adventure game with only 1 character, the adventure you are choosing.

I like the fact that anyone can come in and out of the game as they so desire and that they don't need to do any "work" to get in, there is no application, there is no waiting list and there is no player cap, they just need to start reading. A lot of people posted in the last game that it kept them going at their boring day jobs, people who never would have seen the game at all if it was on traditional games, those posts are what part of what gave me the motivation to keep the game flowing with almost daily updates.

Since we essentially just picked between two different games and preparing the next post for either is going to take some time, I am going to start working on the update, under the assumption that we will get back onto GBS tonight. You can keep voting, if the vote shifts drastically the other way, we will change back, but for now, I need to start putting things together, so I'll start with what we have.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 20, 2013

Hexacrodium
Feb 29, 2008
Option B please, I don't know why but I get the feeling we'll have more freedom to choose what we can and cannot do (option A seems to imply we're low in the chain of command and would have to follow certain rules, whilst option B seems more mysterious and open.).

Also I lurked during the entire madgod saga and I want to be on the ground floor for this crazy new ride.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
I'd also vote for a return to GBS, if the mods care at all about our opinions.

I never would have found the first game here, and wouldn't have found THIS one if it wasn't linked in the MadGod thread.

As for the girl thing, I am aware of many historical/biblical women who made a difference, I was just saying that with no knowledge of the setting yet I didn't know if that could be the case.

Name one influential woman from the last game... Except Amytis (or, arguably, Beaky!) :)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
One compromise that comes to mind would be keeping it in GBS for a week or so before moving it here. Not ideal of course, and you'd want to include a few notices about the move before it happened.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

EVG posted:

I never would have found the first game here, and wouldn't have found THIS one if it wasn't linked in the MadGod thread.

As for the girl thing, I am aware of many historical/biblical women who made a difference, I was just saying that with no knowledge of the setting yet I didn't know if that could be the case.

Name one influential woman from the last game... Except Amytis (or, arguably, Beaky!) :)

The female voices in Denziroh's head :colbert:

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004

Rahul posted:

I hope that this can get back to gbs also. I don't know if anyone here still remembers goblii, but it was another popular cyoa a few years back that died an ignoble death a few weeks after being moved to trad. games. Hopefully this can avoid the same fate.
In any case, I'll be eagerly following this regardless!

Oh gosh I remember Goblii; that was the reason I started reading The Land Between the Rivers, actually! What an awesome thread :3:

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

SerSpook posted:

The female voices in Denziroh's head :colbert:

Of which I was one! :)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

EVG posted:

Not arguing for or against anything, but I think one of the reasons it didn't turn into a vicarious sexual fantasy like most of the other CYOA's (Robosex comes to mind) is because LBTR didn't have many opportunities for awkward sexual potential and female objectation.

I am not against creating a harem of homunculi and starting an angels only brothel.

Soodonim
Jul 3, 2007

woooosh!
A

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009
A.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Count me in for A. This is gonna be a fun game, I can smell it.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

EVG posted:

Honestly, that was kind of why I was hoping for a woman. We had a very male heavy game last time, and the other GBS CYOA is also based around a male lead (Mark Marxist, hee! I love that guy). Change of pace is nice!

I'm really not sure what you're worried about in regards to setting though. There's Biblical and literary precedent for active women––even moreso if you delve into the Apocrypha and folklore––so there's loads of material for Diog to work with. If anything, I think the game would be more interesting if he pulls some of this stuff for reference, since it isn't trotted out as often.

Since the world is in Diog's hands, it's also worth noting we could just as easily end up in a matriarchal culture as a patriarchal one. Even if we do roll patriarchy, Diog will doubtless provide us with ways to work around things.

This:

You wake up in a tent in a patriarchial society. This sucks, because you have a vagina. Do you:

A: Fetch Water
B: Sweep the Dust
C: Flee from Spider
D: Swoon

Please note that your choice will not effect the adventure, as you cannot have one. Because of the vagina.

^^^This ain't gunna happen. Trust in Diog.

Anyways, I'm am 100% sure Diog is going to give us an amazing ride regardless of sex, gender, or anything else. It's really just a minor 'Ooo, I hope this happens!'. Besides, for all we know he's planning on having us play out the story as a cat and this is an entirely moot point! :shrug:

Fingers crossed we get back to GBS as well, as much as I love this sub-forum!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

FoxTerrier posted:

Besides, for all we know he's planning on having us play out the story as a cat and this is an entirely moot point! :shrug:

Maybe we'll be a turtle! Please, please let it be a turtle.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

EVG posted:

Bessy had a little going for her. And all of the mothers of the Georges would have been critical to the plot if we went down a different path!

But yeah, it would be neat to see some stronger female characters. Imagine if Narod was a woman!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Option B.

Id like to try something new.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Given the timeline in the OP, I don't think A is going to result in us RPing an angel, angels are from the first day. We would be some sort of cosmic horror hurtling through the endless void.

No idea what B would be.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

FoxTerrier posted:

Honestly, that was kind of why I was hoping for a woman. We had a very male heavy game last time, and the other GBS CYOA is also based around a male lead (Mark Marxist, hee! I love that guy). Change of pace is nice!

I'm really not sure what you're worried about in regards to setting though. There's Biblical and literary precedent for active women––even moreso if you delve into the Apocrypha and folklore––so there's loads of material for Diog to work with. If anything, I think the game would be more interesting if he pulls some of this stuff for reference, since it isn't trotted out as often.

Since the world is in Diog's hands, it's also worth noting we could just as easily end up in a matriarchal culture as a patriarchal one. Even if we do roll patriarchy, Diog will doubtless provide us with ways to work around things.

This:

You wake up in a tent in a patriarchial society. This sucks, because you have a vagina. Do you:

A: Fetch Water
B: Sweep the Dust
C: Flee from Spider
D: Swoon

Please note that your choice will not effect the adventure, as you cannot have one. Because of the vagina.

^^^This ain't gunna happen. Trust in Diog.

Anyways, I'm am 100% sure Diog is going to give us an amazing ride regardless of sex, gender, or anything else. It's really just a minor 'Ooo, I hope this happens!'. Besides, for all we know he's planning on having us play out the story as a cat and this is an entirely moot point! :shrug:

Fingers crossed we get back to GBS as well, as much as I love this sub-forum!

I totally agree, and also, who cares if there's historical precedent? It's a fantasy world of Diogenes' creation, one of the best things about the fantasy genre is that it's more fun than what happened/happens in reality. I'd love to see some strong women characters.

*takes a chomp*
Sep 4, 2006
Voting A

The adventure of madgod did keep me entertained in my boring jobs. It was almost like a mini-christmas everyday, anxiously waiting till I get off to find the next update. It was literaly one of the first things I did when I arrived home, to check for updates. Or cursing the sky that Dio didn't do a update.

although I can understand that GBS mods might not want another CYOA due to there being a thread already. But GBS offers a wider opinion amd trad. Games is such a small community compared to GBS.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm going to go with option b.

Saved for personal use: Badges

http://imgur.com/a/OZcyI
http://imgur.com/a/2q3kU

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 12, 2013

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
We played a god last time, I think Option B should be "interesting"

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Lets B a mortal!

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy
Voting for option B, time to be mortal and squishy!

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009
B eaky!

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
B. Let's see if we can gently caress up being mortal as bad as we did being a god.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
Option B - team manodile reporting in!

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
GAS

Am I doing this right?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

The update is ready and will go up as soon as we are back on GBS. Lets keep our fingers crossed folks.

*takes a chomp* posted:

Voting A

The adventure of madgod did keep me entertained in my boring jobs. It was almost like a mini-christmas everyday, anxiously waiting till I get off to find the next update. It was literaly one of the first things I did when I arrived home, to check for updates. Or cursing the sky that Dio didn't do a update.

Over the course of the game many people told me the same thing, which is why I really want our game on GBS.

Your enthusiasm was what made the game exciting for me.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 20, 2013

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Diogines posted:

Over the course of the game many people told me the same thing, which is why I really want our game on GBS.

Yup, kept me pretty entertained after I'd hurt my back and could barely move from a hunched-over position in front of the computer. Well done you.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Goin with B this time Diog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

Voting for B! After all, maybe we can find some demon hearts to eat and get ourselves some advantages over being a typical squishy meat bag.