Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
D. Still disappointed we passed on celestial power for mortality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Y Kant Ozma Post posted:

It's staying, so please feel free to continue the game here.

drat, for a while it seemed like GBS might be verging on being fun again.

Anyway, voting B. I'd be pleased with the fishing village too, but I pine for the freedom of nomadic wanderings.

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Voting D
BEACH PARTY!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

D, we still need to find Basscop!

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Voting A for the ONEGOD.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

A good idea was suggested on IRC. Since it seems we will be stuck in the Game Room, a forum that most of GBS does not know exists, a banner ad might help us get enough of a flood of initial players to keep it going?

It is apparently not very expensive, $7 gets us 1 ad in the rotation for a month, $30 gets us 4 for a month.

A number of people politely offered to buy a title which was nice of them, but, its not that much, so I may even buy the ad myself if we have no volunteers.

I don't really have the technical skills to make a good banner ad though. Does anyone want to try to make a good one? If anyone makes a good banner, i'll pay for it, if no one else wants to.

Edit:

ADarkerPorpoise has volunteered to come in for 4 ads in a month rotation and I will match him, so, we will get the thread some exposure. Anyone else who wants to volunteer to make our ad, by all means, post it in the thread!

Diogines fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 21, 2013

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Option A all the way

cxp
Mar 27, 2010
Fun Shoe
Voting A, city royalty adventures sounds fun.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Gotta go with C.

No irksome monotheism, with good potential for growth.

Snow Job
May 24, 2006

Diogines posted:

Since it seems we will be stuck in the Game Room, a forum that most of GBS does not know exists, a banner ad might help us get enough of a flood of initial players to keep it going?

Rivers had a massive following and a lot of that will come here. This game will work fine in all probability, even if no one new sees it. Not to dismiss the idea of ad banners, I'm just saying your CYOAs aren't ruined for good.

Voting D.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A. Let's see how life is under ONEGOD.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

D, we still need to find Basscop!

D, inspired by Happy Dolphin Party!

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

D. Surely we'll live an idyllic trouble-free life and paint dolphins all day.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

EVG posted:

D, inspired by Happy Dolphin Party!

It was just so life changing! :cry:

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Diogines posted:

A good idea was suggested on IRC. Since it seems we will be stuck in the Game Room, a forum that most of GBS does not know exists, a banner ad might help us get enough of a flood of initial players to keep it going?

It is apparently not very expensive, $7 gets us 1 ad in the rotation for a month, $30 gets us 4 for a month.

I don't really have the technical skills to make a good banner ad though. Does anyone want to try to make a good one? If anyone makes a good banner, i'll pay for it, if no one else wants to.

I'll buy an ad if one gets made. Assuming, of course, I can figure out how to do so without loving things up. Keep in mind that I have no talent whatsoever in actually making ads and wouldn't know how to advertise a thread that just got started.

Just let me know when ad-buying gets started and I'll buy at least one.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
drat, we're a mortal. Okay, voting for choice D - fishing rednecks of antiquity, might as well go all the way.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Voting D. Let's just enjoy the life of a fisherman. I just hope we don't become some sort of prophet that starts a religion based around fishing for souls to save, or some such metaphorical nonsense.

Christina Arugula
Aug 10, 2004
How do you like your lawn? Broiled or charred?
Ramrod XTreme
B. It's the closest to Fremen in this setting.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I like C, hills are pretty! :unsmith:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

A. Life is best started with an advantage.

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
Gonna go with D. Gotta find Basscop, or at least start the Otac religion going. Plus we did a city last time, need a change of pace.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
A

ONEGOD!

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
C! Never was much of a fan of Onegods.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Fuckin' mortality. Ah well, D.

The meek shall imherit the earth, and unless you're Solomon, being rich never works out well in these stories.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Voting D Worship us up some deep ones. Ia Ia Cthulhu Fhtagn! Ia Dagon! Ia Hydra!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

UppaTree posted:

Fuckin' mortality. Ah well, D.

The meek shall imherit the earth, and unless you're Solomon, being rich never works out well in these stories.

D The meek shall inherit the earth, then unleash the Kraken, split the wall between the worlds and bring the sky crashing down upon all those who looked at him kinda funny in 3rd grade that one time.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
In IRC the idea to make a banner ad came up to get some more awareness of the thread to those who may not necessarily frequent these parts of the forum.

With that said, I've made up some banners to get things started. These are just quick mock ups, feel free to add suggestions or come up with your own and let's get us some more players!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

The bottom one is ok, but it's hard to rread the print with the mountains in the background. Maybe switch them around, so that SOMETHING AWFUL CYOA FORUM GAME is at the top. What it is is more important than what it's called.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Snow Job posted:

Rivers had a massive following and a lot of that will come here. This game will work fine in all probability, even if no one new sees it. Not to dismiss the idea of ad banners, I'm just saying your CYOAs aren't ruined for good.

Voting D.

Rivers had a massive following but if I didn't know this was moved I would never have checked here. Part of the whole fun of Rivers for me was checking GBS and seeing 300 new posts of discussion and arguing overnight.

Voting A.

Hexacrodium
Feb 29, 2008
C for me, seems like a nice middle ground to get things started.

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

A
Baitelim seem to have several generations with a philosophy of preparedness. This is something I can latch on to. While nomads seek violence, Baitelites arranged to be the bastion of peace and balance in the land. Beit/Bait means "house" in Urdu. I'd prefer to live with those who prefer solidarity over temporary gain.

Baitel's workin' with what they've got, and thus they prosper. Truly, El blesses them.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
have some more :)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Switch the balloon for the SA grenade and I like the top one.

Edit:

Voliun posted:

D What's the absolute worst it could happen dealing with fish ?

Absolutely nothing

Outrail fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 21, 2013

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
Voting for Judea.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Eryxias posted:

have some more :)

Text on the bottom one still isn't really readable.

Voliun
May 31, 2012
D What's the absolute worst it could happen dealing with fish ?

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

D sounds like a nice change of pace.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

What shall we do with the Drunken sailor, early in the morning?

ConfusedPig fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 21, 2013

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Voting A to live in awesometown, not shitsville.