Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Both pseudo Judea and pseudo Phoenicia are really enticing options. I think I have to go with pseudo Phoenicia (D), though, just as a change of pace. We were involved in the administration of a big city last game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Worked for me last time. Hope i become a fish again.

D.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

D sounds fun.

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009
Let's go with D.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
D.

Janac
May 12, 2010
I'm thinking we should go with A.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
D, I sacrifice the unwilling Basscop in Asherah's name, a fish for the fish god. Just kidding, I'd never. I love ya Basscop!

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

What shall we do we the Drunken sailor, early in the morning?
Ritual sacrifice.

Voliun posted:

D What's the absolute worst it could happen dealing with fish ?
See Otac... Then make sacrifices unto him.

But seriously let's try to be a little more careful in this game, Diogines explicitly told us that comedy options and risky moves can end the game early. So let us stuff ourselves with forbidden fruit, worship all the dark gods, whilst openly sinning against the one god and juggling necronomicons.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
A. Maybe this time we do manage to plant our butt on a golden throne, even if it isn't of the magically floating variety.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
D because I judge it to be the most likely to lead to us becoming a Pirate King.:pirate:

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

How's this?

Edit - Revision 2:

Alt:

and alternate font version:

Voting D. And Diog, if you need more readable fonts for future godtalkery, give me a shout, eh?

Canuck-Errant fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 21, 2013

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

MORNING VOTE COUNT

An initial count of the vote in the morning, as of the time of this post:

A. 14
B. 5
C. 6
D. 35

An update will go up this evening, but I will answer very, very basic questions about each starting location till then. Anything about specific persons or practices, it is too early to cover, but things like the local environment and very basic information about each group is fair game.

Piracy does not exist, since there is no real travel or commerce by sea yet and thus nothing to steal.

D is the most primitive and isolated starting group. A is the most advanced and interconnected and B and C somewhere inbetween, C being more advanced but B being better traveled.

As always, voting is open till we post otherwise and you can vote or edit at any time.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 21, 2013

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.

Very nice!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Canuck-Errant posted:

How's this?

Voting D. And Diog, if you need more readable fonts for future godtalkery, give me a shout, eh?

Canuck, that is fantastic. We can't get a banner ad up till midnight anyway, so we wait to see if any others pop up for variety, but I like that one.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All hail the Drowned god!

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
Voting A.

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
C

Tyromancer
Sep 2, 2011

Eglamore looks pretty different.
Voting D for fish gods!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

A - who wouldn't want to be a prince?

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy
Throwing in a vote for D as well, I think it's cool that it's the only choice that puts us in line to be a part of the clergy. In a Dante game, it's probably good to be on the good side of the big guy, fish, or whatever.

Beef-Stew fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 21, 2013

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
I'm surprised B is getting so few votes. Don't you people want to travel? See the world? Free to roam hither and yon, our only limit the horizon?

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Theglavwen posted:

I'm surprised B is getting so few votes. Don't you people want to travel? See the world? Free to roam hither and yon, our only limit the horizon?

With D we'll probably travel a whole lot anyway, alone at our own pace, without worrying about, protecting and dealing with a metric fuckton of nomads.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

With D we'll probably travel a whole lot anyway, alone at our own pace, without worrying about, protecting and dealing with a metric fuckton of nomads.

But what about our faithful companions, the sheep or oxen or yaks or whatever? How are we going to ride the hills and valleys astride a mighty fish? What will be our new tortoise?

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
D, I like fishes.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
And B gets to worship a SUN GOD - how is this not the top choice?

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

D. Mr. Whiskers demanded fish, and by god we're going to get some fish.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

JamSessionEin posted:

D. Mr. Whiskers demanded fish, and by god we're going to get some fish.

All glory to the hypnocat, D.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
A - We'd be a prince. A drat hell crap prince. Living in what looks like a star fortress.

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
Seriously guys? A fishing village?

a for awesome.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
We were a god last game. A prince is basically an extremely lovely version of a god.

Being in a fishing village, having the potential of being able to traverse the entire pseudo-Mediterranean sea, that's something new and different.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
y'know what, i'm gonna go with A, since Pirate King does not appear to be an option with D

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

ZachRyker posted:

y'know what, i'm gonna go with A, since Pirate King does not appear to be an option with D

Diog just said that piracy doesn't exist yet...not that we can't invent it! :yarr:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

FoxTerrier posted:

Diog just said that piracy doesn't exist yet...not that we can't invent it! :yarr:

We're going to invent the printing press, aren't we? :smith:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

my dad posted:

We're going to invent the printing press, aren't we? :smith:

This legitimately made me laugh out loud. Hee!

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Diogines posted:

I will answer very, very basic questions about each starting location till then.
Any accounts of great-floods lately?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Here is a question for you, Diog!

In choice A you write that the city was founded four generations ago - but people have been living in the village since as far back as anyone can remember. How long ago did society start settling down? Are we four generations removed from being hunter/gatherers or are we just in a region that is now getting around to being settled?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

OhYo posted:

Any accounts of great-floods lately?
You are too young to know and that is sort of beyond the scope of the information available about geography and basic information and more about history(or lack thereof).

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Here is a question for you, Diog!

In choice A you write that the city was founded four generations ago - but people have been living in the village since as far back as anyone can remember. How long ago did society start settling down? Are we four generations removed from being hunter/gatherers or are we just in a region that is now getting around to being settled?
An excellent question! The large village, C, was the result of a seasonal, temporary settlement for nomads which slowly became more permanent.

The city, A, was settled on purpose by one charismatic and powerful tribal chief who thought the side of the river would be a good place to live and so settled his people there.

For reasons of geography and history, Baitel grew larger than other settlements. If it is the first city is unclear. It is the largest and growing fast.

Nomads have been settling down to farm, slowly, for a long time but the pace has been speeding up for the last few centuries. The largest city in the region only has four thousand people. The picture for Baitel is a larger city than it truly is, the walls are not half as high as shown but it was the best picture to fit it.

A, B and C are the same ethnic group and closer geographically to each other than D, who are a different ethnic group and much further south.

You as a character are of course not familiar with the intricate details of the agricultural revolution and the Neolithic, but to give you a rough idea.

Our update will go up in about three hours

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Changing my vote from C to A not that it's really going to matter.

Traversing the Mediterranean would be neat, but Diog has said that the technology level isn't there yet!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I'd like to thank ADarkerPorpoise for buying this banner ad, I just did too.

So, thanks! Your the Porpoise! Anyone else who wants to join in is more than welcome to do so!

I am working on tonight's update, it should go up in less than an hour.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 21, 2013

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
I do like the idea of the isolated fishing village so I'll vote D but I don't think there's any chance my vote changes much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Diogines posted:

I'd like to thank ADarkerPorpoise for buying this banner ad, I just did too.

So, thanks! Your the Porpoise! Anyone else who wants to join in is more than welcome to do so!

I am working on tonight's update, it should go up in less than an hour.

You're quite welcome! Glad to help. :)