Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
H

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
I: Desperately seek Father's approval.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Vote H. This is too big for us right now.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
I'm going with D on this one. I don't want more family strife. And I don't want to start us on the path of running to others to solve our problems.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

SerSpook posted:

I'd actually suggest that people seriously consider this as an actual possibility. We don't know poo poo about this world really, and I highly doubt our caretaker hasn't noticed the hair thing when we did at four years old. Or that she didn't receive some instruction in this.

Obviously beating her isn't a proper response, but it is entirely possible she had ulterior motives when it came to cutting our hair. Our uncle is capable of restraining our father to get proper answers regarding the hair-cut, whereas no one else suggested can do so if necessary. Our mother might be able to restrain him too, but uncle is the strongest man in the village.

We are four years old and cannot hope to physically restrain an adult man. If we manage it, it will purely be because El or the god our people worship empowered us to do so.

An interesting point. I'll go with the :tinfoil: route for the hell of it and vote I. Now i'm just hoping we don't lynch an innocent person. Changed my vote again because I'm an indecisive moron! :downs:

ConfusedPig fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 22, 2013

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
D "Father enough! She wouldn't do anything bad on purpose! What's the matter?!"

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

H vote for me. Our father ignores us, maybe Uncle Jorah will be able to be a real father figure for us.

cxp
Mar 27, 2010
Fun Shoe
C

Daddy ignores us, so I don't think screaming will help. This is harder to ignore.

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

D. Yes, she might have had ulterior motives (I think she wants us to grow up in the manner of her people), but I'd rather have us be the sort of person who would defend mistreatment of even the guilty than grow into the kind of person who tries to please others without having an understanding of what that involves.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Nolaterif posted:

D. Yes, she might have had ulterior motives (I think she wants us to grow up in the manner of her people), but I'd rather have us be the sort of person who would defend mistreatment of even the guilty than grow into the kind of person who tries to please others without having an understanding of what that involves.

Yeah but screaming at him to stop isn't going to do anything. He already ignores us, there's no reason this time would be any different. Our uncle, on the other hand, has a history of arguing with him and is stronger than him.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Let's create option J, just start wailing on her too to get approval!

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
I'd like for us to develop into someone capable of giving orders and taking charge. I don't expect any of these choices to be effective, but lets at least try D.

Greaseman fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 22, 2013

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Help us, uncle!

Christina Arugula
Aug 10, 2004
How do you like your lawn? Broiled or charred?
Ramrod XTreme
FuCk you, Dad!

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

H. Uncle will fix everything! He probably isn't a big meanyhead. Hopefully. Maybe.

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

SerSpook posted:

Yeah but screaming at him to stop isn't going to do anything. He already ignores us, there's no reason this time would be any different. Our uncle, on the other hand, has a history of arguing with him and is stronger than him.

Oh, I don't doubt that getting our uncle would be more effective at this point in time (if he's even interested). We're, what? A toddler? But we're not going to be a child forever. And efficacy of actions aside, I'd much rather see us develop into the right kind of adult.

That said, I don't know that our uncle, the high priest, would truly object to someone beating their slave. Especially if that slave tried to impose their foreign customs on a child. And I'm not sure I believe that our father ignores us because he doesn't care. Different forms of child rearing, etc. Also, I'd rather not pick and choose loyalties right now. If we run for help, it could be argued that we're siding with a slave over our father, our uncle over our father, etc. If we stand there and shout for our dad to stop, we're at least dealing with the situation directly, whether or not it's effective.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

C

And whatever comes of this, we already accomplished more than Ethan ever did! :v: Good job!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ok, sticking with H then.

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

HardDisk posted:

C

And whatever comes of this, we already accomplished more than Ethan ever did! :v: Good job!

We haven't set our parents' hut on fire... yet.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I think one of the major consequences of this vote is our own character's development. I would rather play as someone who has some balls and can give orders than some tattle tale. Snitches get stitches.

Voting D.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
Changing my vote from I to D.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Option C/D Warscreamscreech and attack! gently caress you dad!

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
Voting D

Uncle sounds like a swell man, but I want to see how much sway we truly have with this father of ours.

Hopefully we don't get beaten to death/disowned from village functions. :ohdear:

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
Voting H.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
Voting H. Dad has ignored us our entire life, so I doubt that trying to influence him now is going to have much of an effect.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
E: We're too big to cry, and we want to be grown-up, and adults handle their own problems, so we don't want to run off for someone else to help us. Of course, we respect our father, we don't want to attack him, but we do want to resolve the issue ourself, take it into our own hands, so we'll try to pull Jalitha away, demonstrate our position and prove our dedication more than yelling or crying would do.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
Voting F, she won't suddenly stop being our father's slave if we drag our uncle into this, even if he gets his rear end kicked over this now that just means he's going to be angrier later and end up killing her as a reprisal. Also, we don't even know how religious our uncle is, he might just start beating her down too, maybe we're getting the biggest guy in the village to kill some poor slave girl.

Take responsibility for it, say we asked to have our hair cut and didn't know it was wrong.

GloriousDemon fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 22, 2013

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

GloriousDemon posted:

Voting F, she won't suddenly stop being our father's slave if we drag our uncle into this, even if he gets his rear end kicked over this now that just means he's going to be angrier later and might end up killing her as a reprisal.

Take responsibility for it, say we asked to have our hair cut and didn't know it was wrong.

You know, I agree with this. Changing my vote from H to F.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Walkin Goon posted:

Voting D

Uncle sounds like a swell man, but I want to see how much sway we truly have with this father of ours.

Hopefully we don't get beaten to death/disowned from village functions. :ohdear:

Oh man, I hope D doesn't just backfire horribly. Dad seems like a real dick, given how everyone in the village is just looking at him in fear.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

GloriousDemon posted:

Voting F, she won't suddenly stop being our father's slave if we drag our uncle into this, even if he gets his rear end kicked over this now that just means he's going to be angrier later and end up killing her as a reprisal. Also, we don't even know how religious our uncle is, he might just start beating her down too, maybe we're getting the biggest guy in the village to kill some poor slave girl.

Yo, this is a good option. Voting this.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Eh, I feel like that's likely to get found out; our father, if he believes us, will probably want to punish us, Jalitha will tell the truth, then we'll just get in more trouble for lying, and she won't be in any better position.

Maybe not though, maybe she'll be scared enough from the beating to let us take the rap.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
NO YOU SHUT UP DAD!

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
I see nothing wrong with rushing to get Uncle JoraH's aid, it's not like this could have our father begin to hate us or anything.

I'm glad that I'm getting in at the ground floor for this one!

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
C.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I am going to hit the hay. If anyone wants to do a count about 9 hours from now, I may have time to do a quickie update in the morning!

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Diogines posted:

I am going to hit the hay. If anyone wants to do a count about 9 hours from now, I may have time to do a quickie update in the morning!

Everyone voted to eat the baby.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

All the people voting for H do know that we're beginning our life by inciting fratricide right? And that's only if we save Jalitha. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, since dad seems to be an rear end in a top hat, but beginning the game by killing our dad seems a bit...mad.

I'm going for F to divert dad's attention (watch how this causes us to suffer some sort of permanent debilitating injury).

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
H, I need an adult! Once poo poo's progressed to the whaling on people and calling them witches phase it's not gonna just get talked out.

Algid posted:

All the people voting for H do know that we're beginning our life by inciting fratricide right? And that's only if we save Jalitha. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, since dad seems to be an rear end in a top hat, but beginning the game by killing our dad seems a bit...mad.

I'm going for F to divert dad's attention (watch how this causes us to suffer some sort of permanent debilitating injury).

Uh what in any of that implied the high priest of the village was going to get killed by his brother (-in-law?) over a slave girl? Stopping a fight doesn't mean 'murdering one or both of the participants'.

Tubgirl Cosplay fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 22, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

A 1- Mad Wack.

B 0-

C 6- Grognan, California Expat, Magellanicice9, HardDisk, Mukulu, and DCBomB(Wipe the blood from our face and hit Dad provisionally K).

D 17- Hot Dog Day #82, Basscop, Phearson, Snow job, UnassemblyRequired, rex monday, Althair, Nolaterif, Greaseman, Deadly Ham Sandwich, A RICH WHITE MAN, EVG, FoxTerrier(D if C doesn't look likely to win), Bularin, Esper, Hexacrodium, and Theglavwen.

E 0-

F 12- OhYo, GloriousDemon, SerSpook, Lanky Coconut Tree, Algid, Huckleduck, RandomPauI, Walkin Goon, UppaTree, oxford_town, gnarl, and HBar.

G 1- Sucrose.

H 28- Hot Dog Day 80, Eryxias, cantorsdust, 100 HOGS AGREE, Walrusmaster, Falcon, the_steve, Spartehcus, Zybourne Clock, Mr Apollo, Xun, Razage, Hobolicious, Pochoclo, dyzzy, Arkanomen, HiHo ChiRho, Kristopher, Jewcoon, Hobo, Viking_Helmet, Trundel, Tubgirl Cosplay, Squiggly, Babylon the Bright, Rahul, paragon1, and Hot Yellow KoolAid.

I 3- OrangeOrbit, A Darker Porpoise, and GoneWithTheTornado.

J 2 (Beat on her as well)- Paradox Personified and Vagon.

C and D 1 - Outrail.

I'll try to keep this updated, if you change your vote just say you're doing so in your next post alongside your vote and I'll fix it up.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huckleduck
May 20, 2007
giving you the hucklebuck
Voting F

Sounds good til we find a gate to hold.