Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009

Algid posted:

I'm going for F to divert dad's attention (watch how this causes us to suffer some sort of permanent debilitating injury).
Dad's more likely to give us some horrible injury for tattling than being a dumb ignorant kid, that deserves a shove maybe at worst we get a smack.

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Uh what in any of that implied the high priest of the village was going to get killed by his brother (-in-law?) over a slave girl? Stopping a fight doesn't mean 'murdering one or both of the participants'.

We have know idea how low on the social rung slaves are round here, or how big a blasphemy hair cutting is, we do know all other gods are demons to our people and our daddy's the priest. We have no clue what our dad and his brother argue about but it may not be religion, and if that's the case, witches get stitches is something they'll agree on.

We'll have to live our whole childhood with this guy let's not try to get him to resent us through all of it.

GloriousDemon fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
H Help us!

Babylon the Bright
Feb 22, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
H

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

She's crying out for El, who I'm assuming is Yahweh, but who our people think is a demon.

The high priest's brother probably isn't going to condone this blasphemy any more than he does. whether they argue or no. Odds are, if we scream for help, he'll interpret it as "help, this heathen witch just cut me!", then pick up her knife and gut her before anyone has any chance to explain anything.

Dad is a massive dick, and won't listen to our pleas if we try to dissuade him.

Let's try to get on the side of the One God early, and at least put up an attempt at saving her ourselves. C

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is going to establish the sort of person we are. And if I've learned one though about life as a depressive it's always important to help others and that things are always my fault.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Help!

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
Changing from C to D. Not because a solid dick punch isn't still the proper course, but we need to dogpile an option that is "take some control of your own destiny" and not "run away and ask someone else to face the challenge."

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
D
He may be angry at us at first, but he will admire our spirit.

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008

Bularin posted:

Changing from C to D. Not because a solid dick punch isn't still the proper course, but we need to dogpile an option that is "take some control of your own destiny" and not "run away and ask someone else to face the challenge."

... Dude, we're four.

Also Onegods are always dicks. Going H, it's the best option that's likely to win. He may stop it before the girl is beaten to death, which I'm counting as a win in this situation. Beating slaves is ok, killing them is usually a no-no.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Globofglob posted:

... Dude, we're four.

Hercules was strangling snakes in the crib. We're already behind the curve on becoming a hero of legend.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
She isn't crying out for El, she is crying out for Jal El. When Superman sees this he's going to kick dad's rear end.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

K, wipe the blood outta our eyes and wail on daddy, shouting for him to stop! (I guess this is also C?)

DCBomB fucked around with this message at 08:21 on May 22, 2013

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
H Screw you dad!

Hot Yellow KoolAid
Aug 17, 2012
HOLD THE GATE

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

J! That witch defiled our honor with bribes of sex--er.. Seaweed cakes! Also dadpleasenoticeandapproveofmeforonceever.

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011

Walkin Goon posted:

Voting D

Uncle sounds like a swell man, but I want to see how much sway we truly have with this father of ours.

Hopefully we don't get beaten to death/disowned from village functions. :ohdear:

Gonna go ahead and change my vote here to Option F.

Thinking about it, I don't think we should be looking to antagonize anyone in this situation, even if Dad's a dick.

While I doubt he will take a 4 year old's word seriously over "demons" and the "WITCH", hopefully we can convince him that we told her to do it because dammit, that hair was getting in our eyes and we are a stupid kid who doesn't know any better.

Anything to get Jalitha off the hook, while still sparing us from a royal beating that results in Dad hating our guts. :(

Walkin Goon fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 22, 2013

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Walkin Goon posted:

Thinking about it, I don't think we should be looking to antagonize anyone in this situation, even if Dad's a dick.

While I doubt he will take a 4 year old's word seriously over "demons" and the "WITCH", hopefully we can convince him that we told her to do it because dammit, that hair was getting in our eyes and we are a stupid kid who doesn't know any better.

Anything to get Jalitha off the hook, while still sparing us from a royal beating that results in Dad hating our guts. :(
Thank you! This is exactly how to deflect an argument. It'll be like snack-man to the rescue. Misdirect the attention away from the target and onto something unexpected or confusing. Shouting "Stop!" will only give him reason to continue, and Jalitha may not have time to wait for Jorah. Interjecting with something unexpected will steal his thunder and halt the advance.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Walkin Goon posted:

Y'know what? This guy's got a point. Self-sacrifice is still more noble than running off to let our betters handle it, and it lays the foundation for the kind've guy we want to be. Maybe if you'd told us a goddamn thing, Dad, we wouldn't do these things. I mean, we're nonly gonna be High Priest some day!

If the last game taught us anything, it's that priests are well-intentioned liars, and that's the kinda skillset we need to cultivate early, 'cause there is a One True Creator God, and it's not ours, so we'll need to be both virtuous and cunning.

changing my vote to F

UppaTree fucked around with this message at 08:21 on May 22, 2013

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009
Yep, I like the noble self-sacrifice of F. Though dad will probably beat us :(

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Guys, Uncle might see our bleeding head and cut hair and think Jalitha attacked us. He probably doesn't know her well.

Instead, G. Because running for his mother isn't something that's going to get a four-year-old in trouble, and she might be able to calm her husband down/realize it was a mistake.

I think our father's just gonna shove us out of the way and keep hitting Jalitha if we try and deal with this ourselves, because we're FOUR. Hell, it might even make him angrier.

Sucrose fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 22, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

More than likely when she sees us come screaming about how Jalitha is being beaten by Dad when our hair is lopped off and there is blood on our face she'll shepard us off away from the sea-witch to let her husband work.

List is current as of now but it's 3:30ish in the morning so who knows what could happen!?

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 09:25 on May 22, 2013

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
Ok, you guys convinced me to change my vote to F.

Hexacrodium
Feb 29, 2008
C We won't be able to hold him back but maybe we'll distract him enough to stop beating the hell out of her.
I don't like saying sorry for something we're not guilty of, screaming at him won't accomplish anything and god knows what uncle might do. She's been with us for at least 4 years so she must know most of our traditions, she has some ulterior motive but whether it's good or bad is anyone's guess.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

F. We brought this on ourselves by nodding enthusiastically.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Sucrose posted:

Guys, Uncle might see our bleeding head and cut hair and think Jalitha attacked us. He probably doesn't know her well.

Instead, G. Because running for his mother isn't something that's going to get a four-year-old in trouble, and she might be able to calm her husband down/realize it was a mistake.

I think our father's just gonna shove us out of the way and keep hitting Jalitha if we try and deal with this ourselves, because we're FOUR. Hell, it might even make him angrier.

Running for anyone is a bad idea because we don't know how they will react or who they are. This is also a big decision that will shape how we are seen and treated by the village and our father, so let's take some responsibility and go for F. This also ensures we don't gently caress over a family relationship by trying to cockpunch our dad or beat up a slave or even get our uncle / mother estranged with our dad.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Changing my vote from E to D I guess, they're more or less the same, and D seems to be getting more weight, so I'll help it out. I think it's distinctly worse, since it runs the risk of us just getting smacked, or Dad getting pissed for us laying hands on him and trying to force his actions, but ... meh.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Uh what in any of that implied the high priest of the village was going to get killed by his brother (-in-law?) over a slave girl? Stopping a fight doesn't mean 'murdering one or both of the participants'.
Why would he help at all?

I'm saying if he does challenge his older brother on this, it's not something dad can just let go. He's the priest and has to able to assert his authority.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Option K Grab the knife and stab dad in the leg, we should establish our badass credentials early.

Or, failing that go and get joraH the explorah.

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004

I vote this one

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
This thread makes me yearn for an alert when the OP updates. Someone be a peach and tell me I'm a moron and the feature already exists?

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
Changing vote to F. Shifting blame from Jalitha is the best way to defuse this.

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*

rex monday posted:

Changing vote to F. Shifting blame from Jalitha is the best way to defuse this.

This. voting F..

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Alright changing my vote as well from I to F.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
H

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004
The coke is just for color...
Voting H

Jalitha seems to be a lot more of a caregiver than our Father and was very central to raising us from birth. We don't have to oppose Father directly but Uncle Jorah may be able to. Additionally, he might be able to explain to little 4 year old us what happened so we can be better informed.

Also, if Jalitha dies, we won't get our seaweed cakes!

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy
I don't think F really shifts the blame away from Jalitha at all. Father dearest literally caught her in the act, there's no way we are going to be able to take the rap for this.

Jumping on the H train, not to be a dirty tattler but I don't really see a better way to stop our dad from killing her. Obviously we don't know how slaves are treated in the village, and she's in the wrong according to our faith, but he might be able to at least save her life. We need to appeal to the "higher power" of our uncle to save her.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Changing my vote to F

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
Changed my vote to F. Don't wanna look like someone who runs for help whenever something goes wrong.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'm going to vote F because that sounds like the kind of thing I'd do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

Dio posted:

She takes the stone knife and begins to cut your hair. You are not afraid. You know she would NEVER hurt you and oh boy, seaweed cakes! She starts to sing strange words as she cuts your hair, they don't sound like words anyone speaks but her song is very pretty.

Suddenly someone pulls her back, the knife slices the top of your scalp as she is yanked, giving you a small cut and one which won't cause any permanent harm, but, to a four year old, it may as well be losing a limb.

Just quoting this for those that think F has a chance of working. Certainly if he hadn't seen what had gone down I'd be all for trying to take the blame, but he is going to completely ignore us based on what he just saw happening. We need someone in here who actually has a chance of getting dad off of her and giving him a chance to cool down.