Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Reveilled posted:

Whenever I play Mario Kart I just play my favourite character. My favourite character is Daisy (because she's is to Peach as Luigi is to Mario) so I rather like the latest Mario Kart.

EDIT: Though I'm pretty sure Daisy is just the fastest Middleweight character with her speed bonus, and Funky Kong (the Heavy driver with a speed bonus) is faster.

Funky was the best in Wii, I was talking about 7 v:v:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

StevenM posted:

Of course people care about Toad! Why, you can play as TWO Toads now!

:argh:

Best way to play 4 man New Super Mario Bros. Wii is for the two most competent platformers to play as Toads.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

StevenM posted:

Of course people care about Toad! Why, you can play as TWO Toads now!

:argh:

Nintendo has said the only reason Peach isn't the fourth in NSMB is because they didn't want to do cloth physics for her dress.

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.
I love Toad. :mad: He's such a doofus.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Veryslightlymad posted:

Best way to play 4 man New Super Mario Bros. Wii is for the two most competent platformers to play as Toads.

No, the best way to play it is the most competent and least competent play as Toads, so that way when one fucks up you yell the wrong name because dammit they look too similar.

Blenheim
Sep 22, 2010
I like Toad but not generic Toads.

Zinco
Mar 27, 2005

Rocketlex posted:

Nintendo has said the only reason Peach isn't the fourth in NSMB is because they didn't want to do cloth physics for her dress.

Just make it fuckin' Wario and Waluigi. Come on. Just fuckin' do it.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Zinco posted:

But that would require putting Waluigi in a mainline Mario game, and Shigeru doesn't want that at all.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
Also flatulence for Wario, which would be overpowered! :science:

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

HOOOOLY poo poo:

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/bbcd7o/pop-fiction-episode-35--the-lost-levels

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Zebia posted:

But that would require putting Waluigi in a mainline Mario game, and Shigeru doesn't want that at all.

What a fool Miyamoto can be. :mad:

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Zinco posted:

They wanted to, but they couldn't put in a fart mechanic for Wario.

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

Rocketlex posted:

I'm pretty sure that dress has cloth physics in Super Smash Bros Melee. And Brawl. And New Super Mario Bros.

What I'm trying to say is that it's a dumb excuse.

Zinco
Mar 27, 2005

kalonZombie posted:

They wanted to, but they couldn't put in a fart mechanic for Wario.

If that's their completely loving stupid excuse, just make them all fart. Make Mario and Luigi fart. Make every enemy and anthropomorphized mound of dirt fart. Make everything have realistic, realtime bodily functions so characters have to eat and sleep and use the bathroom and make love and eventually age and die.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Zinco posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6CLfZl0m88

WALUIGI YEAH YEAH YEAH

Waluigi's crotch chops could single-handedly improve the NSMB sub-series.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Zinco posted:

If that's their completely loving stupid excuse, just make them all fart. Make Mario and Luigi fart. Make every enemy and anthropomorphized mound of dirt fart. Make everything have realistic, realtime bodily functions so characters have to eat and sleep and use the bathroom and make love and eventually age and die.

Real time mustache growing physics are needed in the next Mario game.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Currawong posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6CLfZl0m88

WALUIGI YEAH YEAH YEAH

Waluigi's crotch chops could single-handedly improve the NSMB sub-series.

What game is this from?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Super Mario Strikers I believe it's called, I suspect we will be seeing this later.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
I was watching 20 Years of Sonic again, the first Mario and Sonic Olympic Games video, and Keith jokingly suggests to Kyle that they're gonna do a Mario LP next. They both laugh and Kyle says something akin to "like THAT would happen".

I fully expect you to pick the Mario characters this time around boys!

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

JetpackHowwy posted:

They had that in Superstar Saga.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

JetpackHowwy posted:

That's a great idea. It reminds me of a certain 2010 survival horror game developed by Access Games. It had a very mixed critical reception. Do you remember the name, Zach?

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

RentCavalier posted:

I was watching 20 Years of Sonic again, the first Mario and Sonic Olympic Games video, and Keith jokingly suggests to Kyle that they're gonna do a Mario LP next. They both laugh and Kyle says something akin to "like THAT would happen".

I fully expect you to pick the Mario characters this time around boys!
Awwwwww my god you're right, Kyle, Keith, you better loving pick those Mario Brothers! :haw:

Gensuki posted:

And may I say that was an awesome mechanic for haggling prices?

"Ohhh 20 coins eh? Sure you can't uh...lower that a li'l?"
*moustache wiggle*

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Zinco posted:

It's hard enough work for Nintendo to add beady eyes to every inanimate object. What you ask for is way too much.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zinco posted:

This was the actual NP promotional hype for the aborted earthbound 64DD

Plant a tree. watch it grow. other nebulous game concepts.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Gensuki posted:

I...I never knew. Oh, well. It'll be something to look forward to when Kyle and Keith get to the DS games. :toot:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

JetpackHowwy posted:

I...I never knew. Oh, well. It'll be something to look forward to when Kyle and Keith get to the DS games. :toot:

GBA games, you mean. The DS iterations are, uh...well, one of those is good. :shrug:

aegolius
Sep 13, 2011
I found an interesting series on Russian Mario games. Back in the 90s, they had a clone NES system called Dendy, and no fewer than 17 numbered Super Mario sequels. Most of them are pirate ROM hacks, but it's quite surreal, there was even a TV show and magazine much like Nintendo Power.

http://youtu.be/kne6AKyYUuM

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

aegolius posted:

I found an interesting series on Russian Mario games. Back in the 90s, they had a clone NES system called Dendy, and no fewer than 17 numbered Super Mario sequels. Most of them are pirate ROM hacks, but it's quite surreal, there was even a TV show and magazine much like Nintendo Power.

http://youtu.be/kne6AKyYUuM

This is fantastic, if you want to skip ahead to the actual insanity here's the second video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unhavc-_WBE

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.

Law posted:

This is fantastic, if you want to skip ahead to the actual insanity here's the second video:

Chernobyl was really hard on Eastern European facial structure.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Law posted:

It's interesting how I don't understand a word he's saying (minus the occasional proper noun) and yet I still know exactly what he's saying.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Patter Song posted:

It's interesting how I don't understand a word he's saying (minus the occasional proper noun) and yet I still know exactly what he's saying.

Enable Closed Captions.

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

Law posted:

These videos are awesome and almost make me wanna collect Dendy games. People in Russia sure had it rough in the 90's. While the rest of the world got to play Mario 64 Russian kids were stuck with Chinese rom hacks of NES Flintstones games.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5S0v_lrGlg

Here's John Leguizamo talking about his experiences during the filming of the Super Mario Bros. Movie. Pretty interesting stuff for a pretty awesome bad movie.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

Super Mario Bros. 2 (US) (1988)
Part 5/6 (LP pt.17) [Youtube][Source]

19LettersLong fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 30, 2013

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Is the fact that the video has no sound some kind of werid meta-commentary on the state of lets plays

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mico posted:

Is the fact that the video has no sound some kind of werid meta-commentary on the state of lets plays

RunButton without audio is like lemonade without sugar--likely to cause a funny face if ingested.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Mario World totally is a prime offender of using the same song. It might be played in many different ways, but the game's levels always uses the same remixed song basically. I won't be able to overlook it anymore once you guys reach that game.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
New Hampshire is awesome because there's no sales tax. I live about 20 minutes south of Salem, NH and pretty much do any shopping there. You pay what the tag says!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Listening to you wonder why people would watch Arino play hard games "because he isn't that good" gave me the mental image of a guy in a glass house throwing stones. Just something to think about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Ometeotl posted:

Listening to you wonder why people would watch Arino play hard games "because he isn't that good" gave me the mental image of a guy in a glass house throwing stones. Just something to think about.

Have they seen Game Center CX? I can't imagine any episode of it giving the impression it's a show about skilled gaming.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 30, 2013

• Locked thread