Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.

the_steve posted:

G. "Save Jalitha!" While pointing frantically

This one as well G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrMelon
Oct 9, 2010

You can find me in the produce aisle of the hospital.
Casting a vote for G. "Save Jalitha!".

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

the_steve posted:

Voting for this G.

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat

the_steve posted:

G.

Callipygian Weasel
Apr 2, 2010

by Lowtax
Throwing another vote in for G: Save Jalitha! while pointing frantically in the appropriate direction.

Hexacrodium
Feb 29, 2008
G. "Save Jalitha!" while pointing

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

G: We should shout "HELP!" while pointing towards home.

It's quick, to the the point, and impossible to misunderstand or screw up. It will also make Uncle MOVE. Once he starts heading towards the village he'll see what's going on and be able to take care of things well enough.

Besides, 'help' is also ambiguous enough that we won't be seen as actively helping or condemning Jalitha later on.

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009
Going against the crowd here, but let's gamble on H.

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
Voting B

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

A. We are four and we've been dealt a blow we consider as serious as losing a limb, our Dad is yelling about how we are defiled and is now beating our Sister/Mother figure to death, we were 2 seconds away from being crushed to death, and now someone else is yelling at us. Staying in character! :downs:

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I am changing my vote from G to A

ADP brings up a great point. As much as I'd like our character to take the moral highground and tell his Uncle that dad is beating up a slave, realistically we can't expect much out of our 4 year old self. We just dodged death and defilement - that earns us a few tears.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I disagree: we're a hero, we should try to be effective, even if that's a little unrealistic. It doesn't stretch credulity too much for us to choke out two words, though.

G: "Save Jalitha"

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I am changing my vote from G to A

ADP brings up a great point. As much as I'd like our character to take the moral highground and tell his Uncle that dad is beating up a slave, realistically we can't expect much out of our 4 year old self. We just dodged death and defilement - that earns us a few tears.

If it's too out of character we'll just end up bawling anyway, might as well try for some self-improvement.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
G, but say "Papa! Jalitha! Fighting!" or something along those lines. THEN break down crying.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

A Darker Porpoise posted:

A. We are four and we've been dealt a blow we consider as serious as losing a limb, our Dad is yelling about how we are defiled and is now beating our Sister/Mother figure to death, we were 2 seconds away from being crushed to death, and now someone else is yelling at us. Staying in character! :downs:

Voting A - what the hell, why is a four year old acting like a 25 year old goon?

Seriously, we might as well have our four year old invent the printing press and steel.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

G, to get him over there as fast as possible. In-character, we managed to hold it together long enough to find our uncle, I think we can get out a "Save Jalitha" and point before we turn into a complete wreck.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
If [G] fails it's just gonna break down to us becoming a sobbering twitching mess like in the [A] vote but why fight for that? If we picked this choice why buckle now? Just like with the staff and mirrors that didn't get used last game, we're right in front of the power we wanted, use it!

Use child time to have our imaginary friend an alligator named Kebes council us as to why being a big cry baby isn't helpful or constructive at all.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Mad Wack posted:

Seriously, we might as well have our four year old invent the printing press and steel.

We'll do that once daddy's done with Jalitha.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

H

Pretty sure the :rolldice: is going to make this unintelligible though.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

G: "Save Jalitha!"

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Hopping aboard the G: Save Jalitha bandwagon.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
G: Save Jalitha

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Hey Diog, do these childhood choices actually affect our future personality, abilities and 'stats' like some people are theorizing, or should we just concentrate on solving situations the smartest way we can think of?

Faclon
Aug 24, 2009
G: Save Jalitha

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

G. "HELP!" while pointing.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
Sea Cakes

Eyes on the prize, y'all. We're four.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

Hey Diog, do these childhood choices actually affect our future personality, abilities and 'stats' like some people are theorizing, or should we just concentrate on solving situations the smartest way we can think of?
I am acknowledging your question! It is an excellent question! I am intentionally not answering it! Read my refusal to answer as a confirmation or a denial to your question, however you so may choose!

I am starting on the update now and barring any last minute swing votes to change the results, expect it up in about an hour. I encourage anyone who has not voted to do so and anyone who wants to change their votes, up through the last minute is welcome to do so.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 22, 2013

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Yeah, sure, why not go with G.

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
Voting G.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
F

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

C

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Gotta get this in quick!

G. "Save Jalitha!" while pointing

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
C seems like the most likely to actually work and decent chance of helping Jalitha.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Casting a negative vote for Sea Cakes, sorry. :regd08:

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Diogines posted:

I am acknowledging your question! It is an excellent question! I am intentionally not answering it! Read my refusal to answer as a confirmation or a denial to your question, however you so may choose!

So that's a yes?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

So that's a yes?

That is a non answer.

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
B I realize I am a four year old;

But strategerizing this; it will at first make uncle think that Papa IS hurt, but then when he sees the situation he will realize it means Papa is hurting others and probably make uncle madder than he would be with any of those other options.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to cast a vote for Papa Mad

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Option G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

Voting G. "Save Jalitha!" while pointing. At least our heart is in the right place. Even if we almost got bested by a tree.