Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Diogines posted:

I am acknowledging your question! It is an excellent question! I am intentionally not answering it! Read my refusal to answer as a confirmation or a denial to your question, however you so may choose!

I am starting on the update now and barring any last minute swing votes to change the results, expect it up in about an hour. I encourage anyone who has not voted to do so and anyone who wants to change their votes, up through the last minute is welcome to do so.

Do you ever spend about an hour or two writing an update, only to find on a recount the winning vote has changed and you have to start over? That must be kind of frustrating. I'm surpised you don't close the vote while you're writing, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

That happened several times last game.

When it happened, I laughed and re-wrote them. Don't worry about that possibility, make the votes you want to make.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Still held by your uncle, here, at the outskirts of the village you point towards your home and wail at the top of your lungs, tears now freely flowing you yell "SAVE JALITHA!" then fall into a good old fashioned hysterical wail that you have been fighting to hold back. You have managed to somewhat clearly communicate what you needed to an adult despite all of the horror you have just endured and should feel good about yourself for being able to do so under immense stress! This is a feat very, very few children your age could have managed!

Your confused uncle Jorah, who thought he somehow hit you with a tree, realizes that he has not. He wipes the blood from your eyes. With one arm he continues to hold you as you wail and with the other, he grabs his axe.

He runs back towards the village proper and towards your home, bringing you with him.

Jalitha lay upon the dirt, bloodied and bruised, your father yelling at her unmoving form while shaking some sort of enormous tooth at her. You have seen it before. Your father wears it all the time on a necklace and it is VERY sharp!

Your mother appears and grabs you from Jorah then takes you into a house, not yours, several other women are inside and they look afraid. Your mother tries to calm you down and wash the blood from your face.

You have never seen anyone hit anyone else in the village before, even when people are very mad, which is rare. Nothing like this has happened before though your father is often mean to Jalitha.

You have difficulty hearing exactly what is said as your father and uncle yell at each other outside but after a few moments your father comes into the hut, snatches you from your mothers arms and drags you outside.

Jorah is standing over Jalitha, axe in his hand and fire in his eyes as he looks at your father with hatred. Your father drags you beside her and now tears stream down HIS face! Your father holds out a hand in the direction of the beach and cries out "My son! My son! This witch has defiled you in the eyes of Asherah! Oh my son! My son! Asherah! Forgive him!"

Your FATHER is crying? He is made of stone and never in his life has cried, or cared about you but he seems to be doing both now.

He presses the enormous tooth he had into your hands and forces you to grip it on the top.

"Grip tightly my son and CUT! Beg that Asherah will not hold you to account for the crimes of this witch!" your father says as he kneels over Jalitha and pulls her strange and pretty hair out straight for you to cut.

Jalitha's eyes open and she looks at you, she is still alive. She tries to smile but her face is badly bruised and her lips are bleeding. "It will be okay Sweetling" she says to you in a gentle tone.

You...

OPTION A Fall down and sob hysterically because you are a young child and this has been a highly traumatic experience!

OPTION B Cry, try cut her hair and try to scream out pleadingly to Ashera between tears.

OPTION C Try to cut her hair and try to summon all of your willpower and self control to try your hardest to not cry or say nothing.

OPTION D Try to tell your father no, which, is likely to take the form of you dropping the tooth and crying, or stammering.

OPTION E Try to run back to your mother.

OPTION F Try to run behind your uncle.

OPTION G Try to stab your father in the leg with the tooth.

OPTION H Try to slit your fathers throat, he is bent over, holding her hair out and thus low down enough to try it.

OPTION I Try to slit Jalithas throat.

OPTION J Try something else. Write what you want to do. Please try to keep it appropriate for your age and experience.

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #madgod on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 23, 2013

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Quick edit after I posted it, I reordered the options, so if you just voted, please double check you got the right one you wanted!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

C

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
H is the obvious answer; let's get our Oedipus on.

A RICH WHITE MAN fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 23, 2013

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
B Dad is freaked out. He does care! Jalitha is alive! Yay! Let's make sure this scary Ashera is propitiated so we can go back to being a happy family. Hair grows back.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

B With any luck it'll get Dad to chill out, not really bother Jalitha herself (since her religion apparently doesn't care about the hair thing), and maybe even get us a couple points with Ashera.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 23, 2013

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
H. I changed my mind about this village, so let's get exiled from it.

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

J Try something else.

Try taking a deep breath, looking your father, Shushem, in the eyes, give Jalitha the tooth.

Do not return evil with evil.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Option E

This is all so stressful! Only Mommy can help us now!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

C

Snow Job
May 24, 2006

B; May as well cooperate. We're hysterical, but dad can guide us through this thing he wants us to do.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

C

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
J. Throw the tooth into the ocean.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

B

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
Voting C.

No offense to our fish god, but I feel like crying and making this into even more of a scene would demoralize Jalitha more, and further sour the opinion of her in the eyes of our father.

We are not hurt, we are okay. Let's show we know she meant no harm from it, even if our father won't accept that.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
I say we go with C, no harm will come to her since it's hair, but we don't need to freak out about it and this is not very violent and still might calm everyone down.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
let's go with B here, i really don't think going all Oedipus is a GOOD idea at the start of a game.

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Gotta go with C

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Voting J: Try to cut off roughly half of Jalitha's hair why crying out for Ashera to forgive both us and Jalitha.

Callipygian Weasel
Apr 2, 2010

by Lowtax
This man is crAzy! I have no idea what's going on! Stoppit now! :cry:

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

C. I bet Ashera doesn't like crybabies.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Walkin Goon posted:

Voting C.

No offense to our fish god, but I feel like crying and making this into even more of a scene would demoralize Jalitha more, and further sour the opinion of her in the eyes of our father.

We are not hurt, we are okay. Let's show we know she meant no harm from it, even if our father won't accept that.

Eh...yeah, but in fairness, Jalitha did pull a seriously dick move cutting our hair when she knew it was prohibited in the faith of the village. The whole thing was a bit Edgardo Mortara for my taste. Absolutely we need to keep her from being beaten again, but I don't feel any reason we should avoid crying out to our god on her behalf.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Voting D and E This is ridiculous, we don't know whats going on, people are yelling, everyone is angry. We are loving 4. Time for mom.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

A I don't want us to do anything that our father wants us to do. As far as we can tell, he seems like a bad man. Sounds like Jorah hates him also, so its not like his athority is unchallenged in the village.
As a four year old that that has had an extremely traumatic day, the easist way to not do what he wants is to simply break down and start wailing. Which nobody should hold against us either.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
C, I think.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

A Terrible Person posted:

Voting J: Try to cut off roughly half of Jalitha's hair why crying out for Ashera to forgive both us and Jalitha.

Ooh, this.

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
Holy poo poo. Uh, well, I vote against H, since that seems most likely to end very badly.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

B is making the most sense to me. Uncle Jorah has obviously done something to calm Dad and now Dad is fairly calm in comparison to a few moments ago and is showing a form of genuine concern for us even if we don't fully understand why.

We're obviously gonna still be upset from what happened but Dad is paying attention to us now and wants us to do something and we've probably heard him going on and on about this Asherah fish guy quite a lot given his position in the village and he's worried we've upset them so best to ask for some forgiveness and do what Dad says.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 23, 2013

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think we're kind of stuck here. So I'm going to go with C.

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
B will make everything better!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

From IRC:

quote:

9:44 ADarkerPorpoise Diog does Dad do sermons or rituals in front of the whole village?
19:44 CWeasel he seems the violent zealot sort of crazy, and I do not know that that is the path of awesome
19:45 AlthairErin The ways of the great fish are harsh indeed
19:46 Diog ADarkerPorpoise Diog does Dad do sermons or rituals in front of the whole village?
19:46 Diog Sometimes, yes
19:46 Diog being 4, you mostly go where you are told to go and oblivious to what goes on
19:47 ADarkerPorpoise We'd be familiar with at least a minor concept of what Ashera is than probably
19:47 ADarkerPorpoise Someone very important at the leastt
19:47 ussdefiant you're 4
19:47 ADarkerPorpoise Mmhm
19:48 CWeasel I am pretty sure I could sing 'Jesus loves me' at 4
19:48 Diog as far as you are aware Ashera is a giant fish who tells everyone what to do
19:48 CWeasel so we probably get what Ashera is a little bit maybe
19:48 CWeasel hmm
19:48 Diog I was going to get into that more in the next update, assuming you didnt murder your father, if not, we'll have it from another npc
19:48 HiHoChiRho Do we like fishsticks?
19:48 serspook
19:48 ADarkerPorpoise It's kind of guiding my answer a bit
19:48 Diog you do like fish STICKS, yes. And I annunciated as I typed
19:49 Diog To your limited awareness Asherah is a giant fish who makes the rules and is very important
19:49 ussdefiant serspook: Fish can come with attachments
19:49 HiHoChiRho well thank goodness for that

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
Option J

Try to cut my father's hair with the tooth.

(nothing bad can come of this)

Edit: Alternately, option J

Try to cut my own hair with the tooth.

Half-wit fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 23, 2013

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
A: We've had our moment of bravery, now it's time to freak out! :cry:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

C makes sense, not sure if crying is going to help much

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

C. We may fail and start crying but I think that's perfectly fine being 4 years old, bleeding and being nearly crushed by a tree.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Negative vote for C, hoping people vote for something strong like G or H. We have to stand up for ourselves, this is the time to do it; during our formative years.
We can't bend now, our future will be bleak.

May22[18:42::28]Wednesday <Osroct> "What a pimp kid. Let us make him King Fishtown."

Paradox Personified fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 24, 2013

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
B