Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Iced Cocoa posted:

And it looks like compiling all the text from the ~*~Fanfic~*~ cracked my brain. I had my first Twisted! dream. I dreamt that I was visiting HorriblePencilist, and he had every published work of Miranda. All about Twisted! Some old comic/novel combo (where Railrunner befriends african-american bumper car and there are horrible racist undertones), and the first manuscript of Vertigo. I think there were 4-6 hardcovers in that collection of his, all first editions.

That wasn't a dream, that was a prophetic vision, you just haven't accepted it yet. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

attackbunny posted:

Twisted rollercoaster names: Railrunner, Thunderbark, Firetrack, Shadowtrack, Angeltrack, Ironwheel, Mistymetal, Moonblood, Redrail, Freakshow, Prototype.

Actual rollercoaster names: The Cyclone, Leap-the-Dips, The Racer, Kingda Ka, Steel Dragon 2000, Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, Saw: The Ride, Nemesis, Oblivion.

About the only thing I could see an amusement park actually naming a ride is Freakshow, although they would then get violently petitioned for disrespecting people with deformities or disabilities.

To be fair, Ironwheel sounds like a pretty legit name for a roller coaster.

And all coasters were called Prototype in the beginning :v:

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Between her fixation on mild swearing and the pages missing from the "sex" portion of relationships, I get this feeling that Miranda may have been raised in a strongly conservative religious environment. It's not a terribly uncommon upbringing here in the United States, particularly not in a Southern state like Tennessee.

This would make a lot of sense, especially seeing the gender roles in play here.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Iced Cocoa posted:

And it looks like compiling all the text from the ~*~Fanfic~*~ cracked my brain. I had my first Twisted! dream. I dreamt that I was visiting HorriblePencilist, and he had every published work of Miranda. All about Twisted! Some old comic/novel combo (where Railrunner befriends african-american bumper car and there are horrible racist undertones), and the first manuscript of Vertigo. I think there were 4-6 hardcovers in that collection of his, all first editions.

I had an idea for an fanfic where reading this book sent josephwong off the edge and he started to experience were roller coasters in his real life. Then I remembered I'm about as talented a writer as Miranda and could never compare to the amazingness that has been posted here.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

SeXReX posted:

Then I remembered I'm about as talented a writer as Miranda

And that is why you need to write that story!!

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
I don't understand. This Railrunner guy is the worst. When the focus is taken off him for a mere second, he goes berserk. How can anyone mistake him for a good guy? So far, he's been a bigger antagonist than Ironwheel.

I haven't been paying attention, but has Ironwheel actually done anything that was, y'know, evil?

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Well, his throne room is full of skulls. And Railrunner's "friends" have been telling him that Ironwheel has terrorized countless people rides. We haven't seen any of that in person, though.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

GrizzlyCow posted:

I don't understand. This Railrunner guy is the worst. When the focus is taken off him for a mere second, he goes berserk. How can anyone mistake him for a good guy? So far, he's been a bigger antagonist than Ironwheel.

I haven't been paying attention, but has Ironwheel actually done anything that was, y'know, evil?

He apparently kills MLP characters for fun and he got really steamed when the messenger told him that another red was born. Frankly, who could blame him on either point?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

attackbunny posted:

Twisted rollercoaster names: Railrunner, Thunderbark, Firetrack, Shadowtrack, Angeltrack, Ironwheel, Mistymetal, Moonblood, Redrail, Freakshow, Prototype.

Actual rollercoaster names: The Cyclone, Leap-the-Dips, The Racer, Kingda Ka, Steel Dragon 2000, Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, Saw: The Ride, Nemesis, Oblivion.

About the only thing I could see an amusement park actually naming a ride is Freakshow, although they would then get violently petitioned for disrespecting people with deformities or disabilities.

Hahaha just think about how much better this would be.

"My name's not Rodney! It's really Saw: the Ride©!"

Even better if he wouldn't allow nicknames or shortening or any kind.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

attackbunny posted:

Well, you're not the only one thinking they're bad:

quote:

“First of all it’s not Woody – its [sic] Thunderbark.” He said as he stood there stone still while he barely breathed. He then dipped his head low, letting his long hair drape over his shoulders. The coaster engineer simply stared down, his eyes growing darker still.

“Okay, if that is your real name then don’t I have some freaky name if I’m from were [sic] you are?” I said letting out a soft laugh.

“Don’t mock our names they are warrior names.” Woody said crudely. “Your real name Rodney is Railrunner.”

“This is very dumb and confusing.” I replied sarcastically in defiance.

“I guess when you are in your human form for so long, you forget nearly everything.” Woody said under his breath.

And why does Thunderbark believe that Railrunner should remember anything, given that he was a newborn when he was moved across? :psyduck: Or is this a case of Miranda just reworking the plot of the book without editing what she wrote before?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Iced Cocoa posted:

And why does Thunderbark believe that Railrunner should remember anything, given that he was a newborn when he was moved across? :psyduck: Or is this a case of Miranda just reworking the plot of the book without editing what she wrote before?

My bet? Unlike human infants, rollercoasters are aware of their world and surroundings from birth, because they weren't enough of a Mary Sue race already.

Speaking of which, I took a Mary Sue Race Test for Miranda and her coasters as presented so far. A score of 11 or more indicates that your fantasy race is "Most likely a Sue race." Twisted coasters get 29 points! Congratulations Miranda! :downsbravo:

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

Radio! posted:

Hahaha just think about how much better this would be.

"My name's not Rodney! It's really Saw: the Ride©!"

Even better if he wouldn't allow nicknames or shortening or any kind.

"Hey, Saw: The Ride©! I'm Superman: Escape from Krypton©!"
"Hey, Superman!"
"It's Superman: Escape from Krypton©, if you don't mind."
"...I DON'T THINK YOU REALISE HOW INCREDIBLY SPECIAL I AM."

Being Saw: The Ride© would explain a lot of Railrunner's dickassery.

ETA:

quote:

“Don’t mock our names they are warrior names.” Woody said crudely. “Your real name Rodney is Railrunner.”

“This is very dumb and confusing.” I replied sarcastically in defiance.
Rodney, that's not sarcasm. Sarcasm is a form of irony denoted by a tone of voice that makes others want to slap you in the mouth. These are sarcastic comments:
"That's a great name!"
"This makes perfect sense!"
Unless what you are trying to communicate is that this is brilliant and makes total sense, in which case you're just divorced from all reality.

attackbunny fucked around with this message at 11:04 on May 23, 2013

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Pththya-lyi posted:

My bet? Unlike human infants, rollercoasters are aware of their world and surroundings from birth, because they weren't enough of a Mary Sue race already.

Speaking of which, I took a Mary Sue Race Test for Miranda and her coasters as presented so far. A score of 11 or more indicates that your fantasy race is "Most likely a Sue race." Twisted coasters get 29 points! Congratulations Miranda! :downsbravo:

I applied this test to how I envisage dwarves and my constant reaction was "oh christ no".

Also how did you apply the rollercoaster attributes to this test? They get retconned every few chapters so I'm not sure if you're going by past or current.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chapter 36 – Arena

quote:

The following morning was cloudy; looking like it was going to rain. The wind had picked up and I could tell it was going to storm later. However, it didn’t really bother me. I was used to it, being outside in horrible weather while training with Thunderbark. It was a lot different without him walking at my side, or anybody else’s.

“A place from the most imaginative mind” has exactly the same variations of weather as the “real world”.

quote:

I wore my coat with my hood up.

Why even bother putting on a disguise? In Chapter 33, Freakshow had discovered Railrunner’s hiding place, and in Chapter 35 Railrunner had again made his location known by roaring “the BIGGEST earth shattering roar I had ever heard” which “echoed all through Amusement Park Between”.

quote:

Merrylegs walked partially under it, she still was being close to me ever since yesterday.

Odds on Merrylegs joining Railrunner’s harem – Rising.

Domestic abuse / Stockholm Syndrome subtext – Rising even more. Recall that Merrylegs was fearing for her life from a tantrumming Railrunner in Chapter 35, yet here she is “being close to” Railrunner in the very next chapter.

quote:

Personally I didn’t need protecting; I didn’t have to be babysat.

A statement contradicted by everything that Railrunner has ever done in the book.

quote:

But yet, Merrylegs could just be hanging around me because she missed Thunderbark. She was suffering from it, so she stuck with me. I actually liked her company; I could tell she was trying to be a better friend.

Within the next forty-five minutes we arrived on the outskirts of the city. Zegria was about the size of the shopping mall back in Huntersville, and our mall was gigantic! Zegria was about ten times bigger than Trenzon.

Wait a minute.

“Zegria was about the size of the shopping mall back in Huntersville”. This means an entire “city” in Amusement Park Between is only as big as one shopping mall in the “real world”.

“Zegria was about ten times bigger than Trenzon”. That means an entire “town” in Amusement Park Between is only 10% as big as one shopping mall in the "real world".

In Chapter 21, it was stated of Trenzon that “The buildings were ten times the size here than in the real world”. This means that even though Trenzon’s buildings were ten times the size of those in the “real world”, the whole of Trenzon was still only 10% the size of the shopping mall in Huntersville.

Just how friggin’ enormous was the shopping mall in Huntersville? :stare:

quote:

In fact, there was enough room for superior rides such as ferris wheels.

“A place from the most imaginative mind” has class / racial stratification as rigid as anything in the “real world”.

quote:

The place’s style was different, too. More like the modern and ancient world mixed together. Modern of the USA, and the ancient worlds of China and Japan. Odd, but yet in this whole world nothing was normal.

“A place from the most imaginative mind” is just a random mish-mash of architectural styles from the “real world”.

quote:

“Well, how should we start?” I asked Merrylegs.

“I guess ask some of the locals who own shops if they need help, heck they probably do.” She replied watching the rides roam about.

For a world with “technology that is far more advanced than any humans”, the local economies sure are reliant on ad hoc day-labourers.

quote:

“I could ask somebody if they need any electrical things fixed.” Static laughed.

“All right. Should we meet somewhere by the end of the day?”

“Probably, Railrunner. How about the square? In front of the fountain?”

“Sounds good to me.” Static remarked. “Although we might pass by each other during the day!”

“Could, I mean it’s possible.” Merrylegs laughed a little.

I’m baffled as to what it is that they apparently find amusing in the above conversation.

quote:

“I guess we should get to it then.” I said turning in another direction.

“Right, see you both later.” Merrylegs finished as she galloped off.

Static zoomed to his left and was quickly out of sight.

And there they go, leaving Railrunner alone again. Don’t they ever learn?

quote:

I stared at everyone walking around. I took a deep sigh and set off into the crowd [no full stop]

57th sigh of the book.

quote:

Finding work turned out to be harder than I thought. Because of my “grim reaper monkey suit” every ride was deeply suspicious.

This is the first time I’ve ever heard of trench-coats described as “grim reaper monkey suits”. Is this a Tennessee regional slang word?

quote:

All eyes seemed to be on me, I felt like shooing everyone off, but I could not screw up and blow cover. I glanced at merchant shops; owners gave me an unwelcome stare. I sighed and kept moving.

If I may repeat myself, Railrunner has already blown cover by roaring “the BIGGEST earth shattering roar I had ever heard” which “echoed all through Amusement Park Between”.

Also, 58th sigh of the book.

quote:

An hour passed and still no luck. Merrylegs and Static must have been doing better than me. Way better. It started to sprinkle and then it poured down. I swore under my breath and looked around for shelter. I quickly spotted a local bar, without hesitation I entered.

This bar was much classier than the one in Trenzon, with big screen plasmas and grander interior. I sat at the bar and waited, a silver coaster asked me what I wanted. I told him the same thing I had gotten in Trenzon, a Red C.

“Excuse me sir,” I muttered.

“Yes?” he asked.

“Where can you earn a heaping amount of g’s really fast?” I said with a crooked grin.

“You are broke!” the coaster growled, speaking really low and snatching the drink from me. I only laughed quietly.

“Trust me; I’ll be worth your time.” I said sliding up my sleeve slightly to show my red metal. He glared in shock at me.

There’s nothing about this bartender that suggests that he has pro-rebel sympathies. What happened to “I could not screw up and blow cover”? That was less than 10 paragraphs ago in the same chapter! :psyduck:

quote:

“You’re a –.”

“Shhh - you say –it, and I’ll cut your restraints off.” I said with an earnest tone.

Threatening to maim people is certainly a good way to win their trust and support! :downs:

quote:

The coaster grinned in return; he seemed to be taking my side. He then leaned closer to me.

And in Amusement Park Between, my above statement is unironically true. :negative:

quote:

“What’s your name?”

“What’s yours?”

“Highrider.”

“I am Railrunner. Now, how about that question I asked you?”

“A really easy way for you to make money is at the Arena. It’s past the clock tower, and about a block from the restaurant. Like I said, easy earnings.”

“A place from the most imaginative mind” retains the blood-sports that the “real world” has largely criminalized or sanitized.

quote:

“Ok, this conversation never happened and I was never here.” I smiled furtively.

He nodded and slid me the drink.

“On the house.” He winked. “Oh and go around the back, that is where you sign up. Good luck.”

“Thanks.” I said as I was exiting. I took the last gulp of the Red C and then threw the glass to the ground.

That bartender was incredibly nice to Railrunner, after Railrunner had threatened to kill him, and this is how he repays the favour. This isn’t heroic behaviour, or even anti-heroic behaviour – it’s just rear end in a top hat behaviour.

quote:

I then headed for the Arena, still wondering what to expect.

I walked up to a big dome like building; it was bigger than any sports arena I had ever seen. I stood a ways from the entrance watching eager rides go inside. Highrider said to enter from the back, where I would sign up. He said this was easy for me, I sure hoped he was right. I changed my direction and headed for the building’s rear. There was a line of about twenty rides waiting. They were all thrill rides, the worst of the worst. I felt my teeth quiver and my mouth water; instinct was wanting to take over.

Isn’t a roller-coaster a “thrill-ride” as well? :psyduck:

quote:

As the line moved, a tin-lizzy, an antique car ride that was used to provide pleasure for small children, took names. I watched intently as I became next in line. The ride in front of me finished and entered the dome. I walked up to the table. The diminutive ride stared at me strangely.

“What are you doing here kid?”

“Please don’t start that poo poo; friend said this was a good place to catch a few g’s.” I said somewhat annoyed.

“I think you should go upon your way.” He grumbled.

“Sign me up before I shove your head up -.”

“Fine, your name please?” he said giving in.

No, don’t “give in”, call security! Who puts up with this kind of behavior? Why does Railrunner keep getting his way with behavior that should instead have gotten him pounded into the ground?

quote:

“Railrunner, and you might want to keep that filed so you don’t forget it!” I said through clenched teeth. My instincts were playing the main role suddenly, probably because I was not in the mood for any balderdash.

Don’t blame your “instincts” for your terrible conduct! Take responsibility for your own actions!

quote:

I had to get g’s quickly, so we could make our way to Thunderbark, and I hated to make him wait.

“All right,” he said coldly. “You may enter.”

It would be my pleasure, I thought as I went through the double doors.

The next thing I saw, shocked me, it was a battle arena.

Why the hell is Railrunner shocked that the “Arena” is a “battle arena”? What kind of “Arena” was he expecting? How does Miranda Leek keep managing to push Railrunner’s intelligence even deeper into the ground?

quote:

A big stone surface was the “fighting zone”. All around the arena rides sat and cheered. On the big stone platform two rides were fighting, a blue, jewel-incrusted roller coaster, and a green coaster dueled. The blue one then threw the other into the wall, and he fell below the platform. A carousel horse walked out to the blue coaster.

“Once again the undefeated champion of the Rumble of the Rides is Rozrail!” he finished as the valiant exited the arena. “Now, a new series of rides will duke it out for the top and the one left standing will face Rozrail for the title!”

“Wonderful.” I said to myself.

For the first match I was to be paired with a ride called, Spiderleg. Winner would face the victor of the previous match, and so on. Until Rozrail, of course. Then after a loser was hauled out of the ring, the
announcer walked out.

“Ladies and gentlerides, the next match is between the returning contender, Spiderleg, and the unknown mysterious, Railrunner!”

“Gentlerides”.

quote:

A gigantic spider ride waltz out into the stone platform, its movement similar to a real arachnid’s. As I knew a “spider” ride is a ride that has a mechanical center with eight hydraulic arms jutting from it. On the end of each arm is a pod where humans sit. When in motion, the pods move up, down, and around, in a circular pattern.

The one before me walked on its pods, and was solid black, kind of like a black widow. It even had the red hourglass shape on its underside. The stupid thing had four eyes and a gaping hole with two large fangs. I wanted to laugh at it; I found the ride somewhat humorous.

Pot, meet kettle.

quote:

I edged my way out onto the stone platform. I could feel everyone’s eyes bearing down onto me. From under my hood I could see the audience pointing and gawking. Spiderleg only stared at me in pure uncertainty. I felt my wheels tremble in temptation. Then a gong was rung, signaling for the rumble to begin.

Spiderleg began to circle me, taunting me. I stood my ground, alert and ready for anything.

“Why do you wear that rag? Do you think you are threatening?” he taunted.

I only chuckled.

“Do you think you are funny? Do you think you are a god of some sort?”

“Depends on what your definition of “god” is.” I replied.

He now stood in front of me, holding back a hiss. I felt my muscles tense up.

“You’re just a hot shot,” he continued. “Who thinks he is all that, heck that is what all roller coasters think of themselves.” He went on.

“If that is what you think.” I said really low. My wheels trembled more, the bloodlust was returning.

Then Spiderleg raised one of his arms and brought it down toward me. The pod, going for my face. I caught it before it hit me, the spider ride looked surprised. I then slung him with all my strength; he flew succorless toward the wall. He hit with a loud crack, the wall cracking with him. The ride then fell into the pit below the platform. I turned to see that the audience was silent, the carousel horse walked up to me in shock, apparently that was the fastest time that anyone had ever defeated another.

“I present the victor, Railrunner!” the horse announced. The audience went wild; their excited cheering put a large smile on my face. I looked at every one of them, but my smile faded when I saw Merrylegs and Static, each with an angry scowl on their faces.

I have no sympathy for Merrylegs and Static – they should already have known that this was the kind of thing that happens when Railrunner is left to his own devices.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 23, 2013

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

quote:

Just how friggin’ enormous was the shopping mall in Huntersville?
Considering Huntersville appears to border on inter-dimensional rifts, it could be a Tardis type deal; the mall is bigger on the inside!

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

quote:

I actually liked her company; I could tell she was trying to be a better friend.
Yeah, that's the problem in Merrylegs and Railrunner's relationship. Merrylegs is just not a good enough friend. If she was a better friend, Railrunner wouldn't threaten to maim or eat her all the time.

quote:

I wanted to laugh at it;
Why is that?

quote:

I found the ride somewhat humorous.
Okay, thanks.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

Wait a minute.

“Zegria was about the size of the shopping mall back in Huntersville”. This means an entire “city” in Amusement Park Between is only as big as one shopping mall in the “real world”.

“Zegria was about ten times bigger than Trenzon”. That means an entire “town” in Amusement Park Between is only 10% as big as big as one shopping mall in the real world.

In Chapter 21, it was stated of Trenzon that “The buildings were ten times the size here than in the real world”. This means that even though Trenzon’s buildings were ten times the size of those in the “real world”, the whole of Trenzon was still only 10% the size of the shopping mall in Huntersville.

Just how friggin’ enormous was the shopping mall in Huntersville? :stare:

:science:
Lets find out. So, lets say that Huntersburg/berg/ville is in pseudo-Tennessee, so let's check the biggest malls there... Well, apparently Tennessee doesn't have big enough malls to make the wiki list, so just lets say that Huntersburg/berg/ville was at one point called King of Prussia and it is in Pennsylvania. The largest mall in America is located there. It is 2,793,200 square feet. Now then, lets head back to Tennessee and find any towns the size of that, so we can have some measurement. 2,793,200 square feet = 0.1002 square miles.

But there is no town that size. The smallest town as far as I can see is Cottage Grove, which is 0.2 square miles, with the lowest population in that size category, 88 people.

Well, this is going nowhere, so lets check the other town, Trenzon. We know that it's 10th of the size of Zegria, and it had forty rides. Trenzon's size is 279,320 square feet, that divided by forty makes...

Population density is 3992 per square mile (1541.4 per square kilometer). Which is somewhere between Denver and Chicago.

Screw it, have the picture from the upcoming re-release that comes with this chapter:

Iced Cocoa fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 24, 2013

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX
I love that nobody can tell what color he is just because he has a coat on. His loving face and hands (and presumably legs, but really nothing past the roller coasters' torsos ever matters in either the art or story, does it) are fully visible. Couldn't they have just spray painted him, his skin is metal :rolleyes:

Also if roller coasters can only be harmed by each other, why would they make any other rides fight them in an arena?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

quote:

I then slung him with all my strength; he flew succorless toward the wall. He hit with a loud crack, the wall cracking with him. The ride then fell into the pit below the platform.

Succourless means without help/assistance, which doesn't fit at all. I think the thesaurus strikes again and the word Miranda was going to use was 'helplessly'. I mean I can see how she got there but they don't have quite the same meaning.

FairyNuff fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 23, 2013

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

Voltin Bolt posted:

I love that nobody can tell what color he is just because he has a coat on. His loving face and hands (and presumably legs, but really nothing past the roller coasters' torsos ever matters in either the art or story, does it) are fully visible. Couldn't they have just spray painted him, his skin is metal :rolleyes:

Also if roller coasters can only be harmed by each other, why would they make any other rides fight them in an arena?

Not to mention, the coat must be twenty feet long. What's stopping it from flying or up towards Railrunner's back end? Does it have an individual sleeve for each leg? Is it held on with bungee cords? Really, it just proves that Miranda Leek barely remembers that coaster trains extend past their first few cars.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
As all rides do, I remember when I was first plugged in. The smell of diesel fumes mingled with the scent of straw from the field nearby filled my senses, and to this day those scents are nostalgic.

I never meant to end up in the Arena. Nobody does, really. No ride lights up one morning and thinks "Today I'm going to Amusement Park In Between and I'm going to fight in the Arena". But really what else could I do? After the economic collapse took a hatchet to humans' disposable income, so few people made trips to the parks. I, along with so many others were decommissioned as our parks closed.

I spent some time wandering from town to town in Amusement Park In Between, but what can a spider ride do when surrounded by such magnificent roller coasters, Ferris wheels and drop towers? Sure, I worked factory floors for a bit, but my extra legs kept getting in the way. And lets face it, rides, just like humans just hate spiders.

You don't know what it means to be poor in Amusement Park In Between until you've scanned rain puddles for tell-tale rainbow patterns letting you know that there's oil. Slurping tepid water off the ground to get even the tiniest hint of carbon taste is about as low as it can get.

So that's how I ended up in the Arena. I could barely keep myself upright as I entered, and who do they throw me up against? A red loving roller coaster. I don't know who he had on the take, or what I ever did to piss anyone off, but I knew immediately I was done for. Everyone knows that roller coasters can't be killed, hell they can barely be hurt in physical combat by anyone other than another coaster. And not only do they match me up with a coaster, but a red one at that! Widely known as the most volatile, destructive and indiscriminate of all the coasters, reds are just bad news all around. Don't get me wrong, all coasters are bad news, but reds? gently caress reds.

I was a ride in the Human world for a long time. In that time I encountered every kind of human a ride can encounter. Of all of them, the ones that were the worst were what other humans called 'douchebags'. They were all the same for the most part. Shirts unbuttoned, stupid gold chains and ridiculously bad fashion sense all trying to hide the fact that they were immature, insecure and unstable children.

Now I faced the ride equivalent in the Arena. I stood across from me wearing his stupid loving chain, a loving hoodie of all things, and glaring at me like I'd done something to him personally. I'm not sure what made me snap. It could have been how he looked. It could have been anger at whoever had rigged the match. Hell, it could have just been from lack of food. All I remember is that I lost it and attacked that dumb looking red son of a bitch. Of course the fight was over in a heartbeat. He grabbed me, tossed me out of the ring and pranced around like a massive tool. At least down in the pit there was plenty of oil to scrape up. So that's how I ended up here back on the streets, resting up and licking my wounds. Sure, I'll go back to the arena again. There's nothing worse they can put me up against, and everyone must've seen he red in the middle of the arena. They never last for very long. And if I get knocked into the pits again? At least there'll be some oil. So I guess I was wrong. At some point, rides DO wake up thinking that they'll end up in the Arena.

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX

attackbunny posted:

Not to mention, the coat must be twenty feet long. What's stopping it from flying or up towards Railrunner's back end? Does it have an individual sleeve for each leg? Is it held on with bungee cords? Really, it just proves that Miranda Leek barely remembers that coaster trains extend past their first few cars.
Okay, so I tried a quick doodle of the general idea I think she was going for anatomically - a centipede dragon. At least I think that's what was intended, until the roller coasters all grew abs and had everything after the first three cars surgically removed.

Imagine any kind of a coat or covering on that thing that'd obscure all the red parts? I can't. Also remember that the first four pairs of limbs are the arms, so whenever it's "standing up" it still has seven cars trailing it uselessly.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The coat was literally given to him by a voodoo shaman. I just felt the need to point that out again because I still can't get over how :wtf: that is.

How did Railrunner manage to fight in this coat and not get it scratched or torn? He used lightning while wearing it, surely it should be burned. And it doesn't cover his arms. How does anyone keep missing his red arms?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Well, he's obviously going to get revealed as a red (ugh) in the arena anyway. Not that it'll have any consequence whatsoever ("omg! it's the red! everyone genuflect!")

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Why do they even have clothing?

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

You still haven't seen the most absurd piece of clothing in the book yet.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

Iced Cocoa posted:

You still haven't seen the most absurd piece of clothing in the book yet.
It's either gonna be another coat for Railrunner, specifically leather with spikes on and zippers and all kinds of unnecessary metal crap, or it'll be a ten-foot-long purple satin negligée for the fuckdoll.

Oh, sorry, the touching-and-makeouts doll.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Is it me, or is Railrunner a bit of a coaster supremacist? And it beginning to seem as if everyone in Amusement Park Between are all just assholes. They can stand Railrunner because they expect a coaster to be an utter dickhead.

Aug 24, 2011

Why doesn't Railrunner just slaughter people in the street and take their money?

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

GrizzlyCow posted:

Is it me, or is Railrunner a bit of a coaster supremacist? And it beginning to seem as if everyone in Amusement Park Between are all just assholes. They can stand Railrunner because they expect a coaster to be an utter dickhead.

The APB social hierarchy:
1) At the top, red rollercoasters, by virtue of being stronger, faster and more psychotically murderous than other coasters. There is only one in the whole world at a time, even though there are a metric fuckton of red roller coasters in the real world. Stealth and Nemesis: Inferno at Thorpe Park, Rita at Alton Towers and Dragon's Fury and the Runaway Train at Chessington, off the top of my head.
2) Other rollercoasters.
3) Half-coasters? Having had effort put into your theming makes you a smaller and more pathetic example of a coaster. This is retribution for the greater effort Miranda would have to put into drawing you.
4) Bumper cars and carousel horses appear to rank about here, considering that Railrunner will deign to associate with them. It's possible that - since status in ABP is clearly a matter of what you can kick the poo poo out of - they rank this highly because they tend to hang out in groups. The prehistoric aeroplane that bit Merrylegs may fall into this category.
5) 'Thrill rides', loosely defined as 'none of the above' - includes the spider ride Railrunner beat up for calling him a violent arrogant rear end in a top hat.
6) Ferris wheels and gyro towers, possibly? Rides that aren't designed to provoke an adrenaline rush.
7) Swinging ships, widely used as mindless transportation.

The Fallen are a special category, being widely discriminated against by racists due to the circumstances of their creation. They seem to replicate the standard social hierarchy within their group, though, considering that all the high-rankers seem to be rollercoasters. Obviously being a Fallen swing carousel or something is the equivalent of being a black woman.

What this really highlights, though, is the lack of variety in ABP's inhabitants. Where are the drop towers? Pendulum rides other than swinging ships? Log flumes? What's a Gravitron? Thorpe Park has a horror maze to go with Saw: The Ride called Saw Alive. What would that be in ABP? An entity that settles into random areas and transforms them into a haunted house-type attraction? Nooo, everything's got to be a sodding dragon coaster.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chapter 37 – Confrontation

quote:

I leaned against the wall, waiting. I knew that any second Merrylegs and Static would walk up really angry, probably going to ask me what the hell I was thinking. Well, I DID have something that could change their mind.

Sure enough I was correct; they both strutted up to me, pissed as all get out.

“Railrunner! What where you thinking!” Merrylegs said up in my face.

“You could blow this whole mission!” Static scolded.

“Hey! I couldn’t find work! I was told that this place was an easy way to make money. So, instinct drove me here.”

Miranda Leek doesn’t understand what an “instinct” is.

quote:

“You know, most of the time your instinct isn’t always right!” Merrylegs whispered angrily.

“Well, I suppose you two made a heaping amount of g’s.”

They both stared at me silently.

“We did not make anything.” They admitted.

Railrunner is stupid, Thunderbark is a crybaby, and Merrylegs and Static are useless. Truly this is an adventuring party of which legendary tales will be told in the future.

quote:

“Lucky for us I made quite a bit,” I said holding up a bag of gold coins.

“Railrunner, how much is that?” Static asked.

“About eighty g’s.”

“Oh my!” Merrylegs said excitedly. “Maybe we were wrong; I think you should carry on. If you keep this up, we will have enough for the round trip.” She finished.

“You both with me then?”

“Absolutely, especially for the fact that we are doing this for Thunderbark.” She said smiling now.

“He’s the breadwinner of the family, so we mustn’t go along with whatever he says,” said the spouse of her wife-beating husband.

quote:

Suddenly out of the corner of my eye I spied Rozrail walking towards me. I felt a growl caught deep within my throat, I knew he was going to say something to me. I felt my hood to make sure it was over my face.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t the fastest vanquisher, Railrunner.” He started in a swaggering tone.

“What do you want, Rozrail?” I demanded trying not to lose my cool.

“I want to let you know that I own the ring and all the prize money, not you.” He said putting a wheel to my chest.

“Did anyone ever tell you to keep your belongings to yourself?” I riposted.

Huh? Is that another regional Tennessee expression?

quote:

“We are not born and raised, Railrunner. Only a red is, and nobody has seen a red in thirty six years.” I could only snicker, I found this funny.

Railrunner’s character bio said he was 38 years old, Thunderbark said he had been spirited away to the “real world” when he was a baby, and Moonhoof had said that there’s only ever one red roller-coaster in existence at any time, so what was the red that had been seen 36 years ago?

quote:

“You have a lot of nerve to laugh at me.” Rozrail growled.

“You have a lot of guts to poke fun at me.” I replied.

Rozrail leaned closer to me, his eyes narrowed. For some reason he sniffed me.

“You smell like a bar.” He said disgusted.

“You smell like poo poo.” I snarled.

He raised a set of wheels and prepared to punch me. I elicited my claws. Merrylegs and Static gasped as officials ran in to break us up.

“Elicited my claws”. :psyduck:

quote:

“Save it for the ring.” One of them said.

I shook myself loose from their grip and walked toward my allies.

“I will!” I yelled back to them.

Merrylegs and Static are Railrunner’s “victims”, not “allies”.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

JosephWongKS posted:

Huh? Is that another regional Tennessee expression?

I've said it before, but here's a picture worth a thousand of Miranda Leek's strange turns of phrase:

Here's an entry she may have used for "elicit".

And one for "riposte."

Bobbin Threadbare fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 25, 2013

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

"Verbal riposte" can be use as a flowery-as-gently caress version of "comeback", but that was hardly a comeback let alone a riposte.

And 80 'g's is what? Redrunner's beverage costs 6 gs, which seems to be some martini thing, served at a bar so that's what like ~30 bucks? so 80 would be ~400 dollars. Well that seems about right I guess. I haven't been to many unlicensed fighting tournaments in my life.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I've said it before, but here's a picture worth a thousand of Miranda Leek's strange turns of phrase:

Here's an entry she may have used for "elicit".

And one for "riposte."

I was referring to “Did anyone ever tell you to keep your belongings to yourself?” I've never heard of such a saying in anything I've ever read.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

JosephWongKS posted:

I was referring to “Did anyone ever tell you to keep your belongings to yourself?” I've never heard of such a saying in anything I've ever read.

Well, there's certainly "Keep your hands to yourself," which is something someone might say after getting poked in the chest. Maybe she was switching things around because the coaster's wheel-appendages aren't exactly human hands? Even though "belongings" is even less relevant?

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
As a not-so-proud Tennessean, I can assure you that anything you've asked about has nothing to do with regional dialect and has everything to do with Miranda having no idea how people talk in reality.

Aug 24, 2011

tentawesome posted:

As a not-so-proud Tennessean, I can assure you that anything you've asked about has nothing to do with regional dialect and has everything to do with Miranda having no idea how people talk in reality.

So she's a FYAD poster?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chapter 38 - Check and Mate

quote:

Countless battles I fought, countless battles I won. Money filled the bag. Merrylegs and Static cheered me on up in the stands. I imagined Thunderbark with them, supporting me. I wanted him out of his confinement, fighting like a dog to reach him, and Clare.

Does this count as “hiding in plain sight”? In that Railrunner is counting on Ironwheel and his agents thinking that even Railrunner couldn’t be so stupid as to take part in a high-profile gladiatorial tournament while being a wanted man roller-coaster?

quote:

“More water sir?” an assistant asked me.

“Sure, thanks.” I said as I took the water from the little ride.

Why drink water? Wouldn’t oil be preferable, since it not only “tastes good” but also “provides energy”?

quote:

I leaned against the entrance to the ring and took long satisfied gulps.

“Long Satisfied Gulps” sounds like the name of a terrible porn flick.

quote:

The final match was between Rozrail and I. What that bastard said earlier made me more angry, more up to beat him. I wanted his blood on my wheels, just like I wanted Ironwheel’s. A roller coaster’s predatory instinct was as mad as a werewolf’s; I was no different. Tonight I had been putting it to good use. I would also use it in the near future.

Why do the roller-coaster characters keep referring to other mythical beings (first “sight of dragons”, now “predatory instinct of werewolves”) as though they were also real? Why haven’t we seen any of those dragons and werewolves in the book? Do they all have their own parallel dimension worlds as well?

quote:

Minutes wasted away as I stood there watching. I felt confident, more than ready to fight, to draw blood. Rozrail behaved like a Fallen, for that I would treat him like one. Greed had driven him this far, to hate mercilessly, and that would cost him dearly.

The full extent of Rozrail’s interaction with Railrunner was the 9 lines of smack-talk in the previous chapter, and for that Railrunner has categorized him as a “Fallen” and driven by “greed” and “merciless hate”. Railrunner, on the other hand, has literally butchered his way through the “real world” and now Amusement Park Between, his victims numbering in the dozens if not hundreds. There’s not enough :ironicat: in the world for this.

quote:

“Two minutes,” a ride told me, I nodding in reply.

Two minutes till his doom, hopefully not two minutes till mine. I could now see him from where I was. He yelled at his assistants, treating them as if they were dirt under men’s shoes. How I hated him! Him and all his dull glory.

Let us recall how Railrunner has treated various rides in Amusement Park Between so far:

To the bartender in Zegria who told him about the Arena: “Shhh - you say –it, and I’ll cut your restraints off.” I said with an earnest tone… I took the last gulp of the Red C and then threw the glass to the ground.

To the ticket-collector at the entrance to the Arena: “Please don’t start that poo poo; friend said this was a good place to catch a few g’s.” I said somewhat annoyed… “Sign me up before I shove your head up -.”

quote:

“I hate that coaster.” One of my assistants said looking at Rozrail.

“He makes drunken fools look smart.” I replied.

The ride laughed and went on his way. I turned my attention back to my opponent.

I kept my lips in a firm line as I watched him push and shove. Should I kill him? No, I wasn’t going that far. Only to hurt him, I thought. Only to teach him a lesson.

Railrunner is actually seriously contemplating killing Rozrail in the Arena because of several lines of smack-talk. Our hero, ladies and gentlemen.

quote:

Finally the clock ran out. Rozrail walked out onto the “battlefield”. No ride cheered like they did with me, it was all silence.

I call bullshit. Rozrail is the local champion and Railrunner is some unknown punk; why would the spectators cheer the latter and not the former?

quote:

Rozrail snorted in disgust.

Yeah, I’d be disgusted if I were stuck in this book too.

quote:

Then I made my way outside into the open, glaring at Rozrail with my fire-red eyes. They seemed to burn with hatred as I fought back a snarl.

Most writers would at least show Rozrail kicking a puppy or something; Miranda Leek fails even to as little as that.

quote:

We stopped fifty feet from each other. Rozrail smirked and raised one eyebrow. What a jerk, I pretended like I did not care by cocking my head.

“What a jerk”, thought the person who, in Chapter 35, treated his companions as follows:

”Go away Merrylegs.” He hissed, not even turning to look at me. He then sat down and stared at the horizon with one of his deadly glares. I galloped over to Railrunner and positioned myself before him. I gulped… “You have a lot of nerve to stand in front of me.” Railrunner growled.

“You’re being a jerk!” I said to him without thinking. I saw him start to tremble again. Trembling in anger, so ready to kill me. I waited for the roller coaster’s teeth to rip out my throat. I still wasn’t finished speaking my mind, so I continued.

“Why are you being such a hothead! Railrunner, you have an anger management problem!”

He snorted in disgust, and gave me a threatening grimace.

“Don’t press your luck, Static! [missing quotation mark] I snarled through clenched teeth. I moved closer to him still, he began to roll backwards in retreat.

Static rolled his dark eyes. I gave him a warning glare, and them flipped him off. Funny, because that expression did not exist in this world. I could flip every one I hated off on a continental basis, and no one would know.

quote:

“All right, you both know the rules; the one that gets knocked across the barrier line loses. Winner gets ten thousand g’s. Remember, anything goes but no concussion beams. Wait for my signal.” The carousel horse finished.

He then walked back to the tower and situated himself.

“Situated himself”.

quote:

I looked to the stands to see Merrylegs and Static giving reassuring gestures.

Then the giant gong rang, echoing all through the dome.

A world with “technology that is far more advanced than any humans” uses gongs to indicate the commencement of matches.

quote:

I now did not take my eyes off my stubborn opponent. This was just like training with Thunderbark, I told myself. However, for some reason he did not attack, I figured he would speak his mind before he did so.

“Any last words, Railrunner?” Rozrail asked.

I flexed my muscles and prepared to bolt. I began to laugh, laughing at the face of fear.

“Catch me if you can!” I said loudly so many could hear.

Rozrail snarled and sent a stream of flame straight at me, I leaped up into the air and did a back flip; landing on my wheels. Rozrail only stared at me, shocked.

Rozrail, the local arena champion, is “shocked” that an opponent could do something as amazing as “dodge the first attack”. Everyone in this book (except for the police officers and FBI agents) is astoundingly stupid.

quote:

I grinned and then ran to my right. He stood his ground and sent more shots of fire. All of them missing me. When I had the chance, I generated lightning on my wheels and directed it at Rozrail. He ducked, the lightning almost searing his back, it hit the wall and cracked the stone all the way through. He roared angrily, again, I only chuckled.

He jumped back up and let loose more fire. I turned and rained more lightning down like Zeus. Rozrail then made an attempt to redirect the lightning. I remembered from training, that my lightning was much more amped up from a regular coaster’s. Rozrail’s body stuggled [sic] tremendously from the sheer force of my attack. His wheels shook trying to move the lightning away from his body.

This was a perfect chance. While Rozrail was stressed, I could attack him. Not with a lightning bolt, that would surely kill him. Fire would be a better option; problem was it was amplified, too. A small dose of it was equal to a normal coaster’s. Again my brain processed a faint image of Clare. A small flame grew from my wheels. I then sent an engulfing fireball straight at Rozrail, who was too consumed to even notice.
He screamed in agony as the blast scorched him. My lightning that he was currently fiddling with traveled in all directions. I ducked, the dangerous strikes tearing up my cloak so it was littered with holes. Then
there was a pause, and the whole arena was silent once more.

Railrunner’s cloak, one of only two pieces of “disguise” he has, specially given to him by that sagely witch Moonhoof, turns out not to be even fireproof. :lol:

quote:

Rozrail hauled himself up off his belly; he glared at me with blood dripping from gashes and burns. He breathed shallowly, it was clear that he was getting weaker. I stood eagerly watching him from a distance.

“Do you honestly think you have me beat?” he said coming to a stand.

“That depends on what some call defeated.” I replied.

“That depends on what some call defeated.” What the hell does that even mean?

quote:

He growled and sent a big blast towards me. I held my arms out in front of me and placed them together, like I was going to dive. The blast split in two and went around me. I then took both streams of fire and guided them back to him. He barrel rolled out of the way and assaulted with fire once more. I punched towards his assail; the blast vanished into a cloud of smoke. Suddenly I felt the Augu Ra heat up from under my vest. It glowed faintly from under the fabric.

“No! Not now!” I whispered to myself. If Rozrail saw it, he would know I was the red! Everyone in the whole arena would know! The Fallen already did, I didn’t want to make matters worse. Yet, it might do the rides good to see me. Let them know I had returned; let them have something to hope for.

What they have to “hope” for is a murderous, sociopathic, impulsive, violent, morally myopic, smug rear end in a top hat with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. What’s so awful about Ironwheel’s reign anyway? Halfway through the book and we still haven’t anything actually bad that he or his agents have actually done.

quote:

Rozrail sent another shower of flames, I dodged and redirected. This only made Rozrail angrier, more uncontrollable. My heart raced faster as we continued to duel. The arena began to smell of smoke, and even a hint of scorched leather. The Augu Ra glowed hot from under my vest. I looked down, a faint hint of light peeped through. Usually when that happened, something was bound to occur. Rozrail got furious as his blasts missed me or were bended back in a counter attack. He ran and tried a different tactic.

We were now inches apart; Rozrail did “fire punches” at me, I could feel each one’s heat as his wheels brushed past my face. Any chance I got, I scratched him with my claws.

“Why can’t I get you !” He screamed as he swung his tail. I jumped backward to avoid the move plus to keep my distance.

“I jumped backward to keep my distance so as to avoid the move plus to avoid the move so as to keep my distance.”

quote:

Then Rozrail opened his mouth, I could see a small spark from the back of his throat. The Augu Ra glowed brighter, its heat burned my chest. I looked back to see that Rozrail had fired a concussion beam. I did not even have time to react, but suddenly the Augu Ra let loose a blast of yellow light, like it had back in the real world. The light hit the beam’s core, it completely disintegrated the deadly attack to a small ash that fell to the ground like a firework that had fizzled.

Hooray for yet another dues ex machina power from the McGuffin Jewel.

quote:

I groaned, a little woozy from what had just occurred. I focused my eyes back on Rozrail, who stood motionless, glaring at my neck. I gulped and again looked down. The Augu Ra was visible for all to see.

“What -.” Rozrail started but then trailed off. I sighed, looking around to see that the audience was pointing at me. They already knew, there was no point in keeping it a secret now.

59th sigh of the book.

quote:

“Well, let the thirty six years come to an end.” I said. Rozrail looked at me bewildered. I rolled back my sleeves, making the whole arena silent. I raised them to my hood. I slowly lifted it back, letting the burned cloth fall loosely around my shoulders. Everyone, including Rozrail, gasped. Merrylegs and Static’s faces were blank.

“You’re the red roller coaster,” Rozrail said with his green eyes widening and one of his wheels pointed in my direction. I then took off my cloak that was pitted with holes; throwing it aside. A rustle of murmurs ran
through the audience.

“Indeed I am.” I said shrugging.

“I would have never done...knew...attacked...my apologies Railrunner.” Rozrail said kneeling. That act always looked strange to me. It also made me very uneasy, in, which I really was at the moment. I nervously looked back to the audience, every ride had bowed. This was embarrassing as hell, I thought to myself.

It’s embarrassing because they could not be bowing to a less deserving person. Also, how do rides without knees even kneel?

quote:

The carousel horse trotted up to us, he smiled at me with excitement in his eyes.

“Since Rozrail broke the rules by the use of a concussion beam, Railrunner the red roller coaster is the victor!” he announced as he handed me a bag full of crisp bills.

No credsticks, no bank accounts, no cheques. Just coins and bills. “Technology that is far more advanced than any humans”, indeed.

quote:

The whole arena applauded ecstatically. After about a minute everyone was silent once more, they seemed to be waiting for a speech. The horse handed me a fancy microphone, I wasn’t expecting to speak! I had no idea where to start or what to say!

“Sorry I have kept everyone waiting. Gosh, I don’t know quite were to begin with the basics!” I laughed.

I paused to glance at Merrylegs and Static. They were actually grinning? But why? Then I continued.

“I don’t know if anyone knows this or not, I was raised as a changeling in the real world. I finally realized about a month ago that I was never human. I then was found by one of Amusement Park Between’s great
warriors, Thunderbark.”

If “one of Amusement Park Between’s great warriors” is such a easily frightened crybaby, one shudders to imagine what the “none-great warriors” are like.

quote:

There was an outbreak of whispering from the rides. Then I continued.

“Thunderbark trained me day in and day out. However, just recently, Thunderbark was captured by the Fallen and taken to Ironwheel’s castle. I swore from the moment he was stolen I would rescue him no matter what. I also swore when I first stepped into this world that I would rescue each and every ride from Ironwheel’s wrath!” I finished with a dramatic end.

As mentioned above, we have not yet actually seen any examples of “Ironwheel’s wrath”. We have, however, seen plenty of examples of Railrunner’s wrath. Perhaps Railrunner might like to start by rescuing each and every ride from his own wrath first.

quote:

The audience cheered endlessly, their screams bounced off the stonewalls. [sic]

A world with “technology that is far more advanced than any humans” still uses stone for its buildings. Not even concrete, but stone.

quote:

“Another thing, I would like to thank you all for your support, especially Merrylegs and Static, who secretly watched me over the years. Again, I thank each and every ride in here, and all over Amusement Park
Between!” I added. Rides went wild in the stands, all of them giving me standing ovations. I looked down to see that Merrylegs and Static had joined me by my side.

The wish-fulfillment element of this story has never been clearer.

quote:

“Nice job, Railrunner.” Merrylegs said smiling up at me.

“You’re not mad?”

“No, we knew Amusement Park Between would find out sooner or later.”

“Yeah, they already know in Trenzon, plus the Augu Ra revealed the true you.” Static put in.

“The reason why I decided to reveal myself fully was because I feel that Freakshow has already told Ironwheel of my presence.”

“I hate to say this, but I think you are right.”

Why did they go to so much trouble to disguise Railrunner if there were absolutely no consequences to revealing his identity and every stupid amusement park character is so eager to throw their support behind him?

Aug 24, 2011

Railrunner can travel through time, right? He's probably Ironwheel. No wonder everybody hates him so much - he even hates himself, which is the only good thing he's done over the whole book so far.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Dreggon posted:

So she's a FYAD poster?

FYAD posters are more coherent than her though. Proof:

Wayne Gretzky posted:

Agreed whole heartedly. I don't mind, though, because I don't let my personal identity and self worth get tied up in the fate of different forums, so basically, the happenings of the different forums, their growth, their diminishment, etc., are, to me, like the goings-on of some different ant colonies on the sidewalk that I look down on as I stroll around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

quote:

The light hit the beam’s core, it completely disintegrated the deadly attack to a small ash that fell to the ground like a firework that had fizzled.

Can you turn concussion beams to ash?

• Locked thread