Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007
Ten more days...ten long, interminable days...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Glass Joe posted:

Ten more days...ten long, interminable days...

gently caress me, the video for Jacket is almost two years old. These next ten days can't pass quickly enough.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

bobkatt013 posted:

Was that before or after Dean discovers he is a clone?

Before. When Derimott asks if Dean is brave or stupid for going into the Haunted House and Hank goes I think he just wants to be alone.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Those of us that were there on day 1 are immune to conceptualizing the wait between seasons.

Its been a long decade.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Eww. Wo-manaconda.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
The OP has two Jackson Publick twitters instead of a twitter and a tumblr.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Man, I'm so excited for this. The Venture Brothers is my favorite show of all time, and it gets better every season. I just hope we see more of General Treister :ohdear:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Comrade Quack posted:

The OP has two Jackson Publick twitters instead of a twitter and a tumblr.

Fixed!

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
So psyched for season 5! I've been watching religiously since Are You There God, It's Me Dean and it's easily my favorite thing on tv in the last decade. I thought Handsome Ransom was one of the great tv moments of my life. I rarely enjoy anything so much and most of the things I do love either get cancelled or ignored so it's great to be able to share the love. Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

hughesta posted:

Man, I'm so excited for this. The Venture Brothers is my favorite show of all time, and it gets better every season. I just hope we see more of General Treister :ohdear:

Bad news: the cansker.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Go, Team Venture! Can't wait for some more Venture Bros episodes!

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Pope Guilty posted:

ALIEN TECHNOLOGY

It's gonna happen. Treister's too awesome to lose.

"Oh you beautiful deflated man! Don't make me feel bad about all the things I said about you on my blog!"

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Arrested Development rises from the grave and then new Venture Bros a week later. Everything owns. Go Team Venture.

knife super power
Nov 4, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

Hank and Dean Venture died at the end of season 1. How did that work out?

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
In case you didn't know they're showing random episodes every morning at 4:30.

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

I guess frogout is too polite to simply say "begone".
Anyone wanna explain to me why my Cocoon is charred? And why it is sideways?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Assoonasitits posted:

Anyone wanna explain to me why my Cocoon is charred? And why it is sideways?

We were following orders. You can't yell at us for following orders...or kill us for following orders.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

So I was at a bar last night and all of the cocktail specials were Venture themed. The Red Moco Cooler (khalua, chocolate syrup, grenadine, something else) was appropriately gross. The owner was psyched I got the joke and told me they're doing a premiere party.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

theflyingexecutive posted:

So I was at a bar last night and all of the cocktail specials were Venture themed. The Red Moco Cooler (khalua, chocolate syrup, grenadine, something else) was appropriately gross. The owner was psyched I got the joke and told me they're doing a premiere party.

That sounds like a great bar!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

WHERE DO YOU LIVE! I would love to go to that.. I would also drink the Red Moco Cooler, and likely hate it.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It's Pine Box Rock Shop in Bushwick and I want to get the Suffering Bastard next time.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

It's Pine Box Rock Shop in Bushwick and I want to get the Suffering Bastard next time.

Oh wow this isn't really that far from me, awesome.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

TontoCorazon posted:

Oh wow this isn't really that far from me, awesome.

Go to heck! It's across the country from me. Looks like I'll just have to make my own Moco Cooler at home.. topped off with a rusty venture (Brocks version).

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

BARKEEP where's my Suffering Bastard?!

I'M LOOKING AT HIM.

OH haha.

If the bartender ever says that kudos points to that person.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I rewatched "Tag Sale, You're It!" yesterday and I'm really glad they decided not to have Billy slosh every time he moved his head in his future appearances. It becomes pretty annoying pretty quickly.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
From the very end of the last thread:

Ithaqua posted:

Something that's always bothered me: Everyone references "the old Rusty Venture cartoons" as though Rusty was starring in them, not as though it's a cartoon based on his life.

One thing I remember from the commentary is the notion that Rusty regularly confuses his actual childhood with what was portrayed in the cartoons. Presumably, most other people presume that the cartoon was how it actually happened.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Cloks posted:

I rewatched "Tag Sale, You're It!" yesterday and I'm really glad they decided not to have Billy slosh every time he moved his head in his future appearances. It becomes pretty annoying pretty quickly.

I've never even noticed it.

WELP, TIME TO REWATCH THE SERIES!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Wait they did not happen? But what about all the other kids from his cartoons who he end up forgetting about and then were found in the warehouse near that machine.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Davincie posted:

Wait they did not happen? But what about all the other kids from his cartoons who he end up forgetting about and then were found in the warehouse near that machine.

I used to be pretty, yeah. But not no more.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
I think it's a case of the cartoon being basically 1:1 with Rusty's life.

Just like 'Action Johnny' - the joke is that the stuff in the cartoon REALLY DID HAPPEN.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Pope Guilty posted:

Look at my face

I'm pretty sure the cartoon series was loosely based on the true events of his childhood.
Edit: beaten

What trips me up is that Scooby Doo is a cartoon referenced by Triana in regards to Hank's clothes, based on real people referenced by Action Johnny on his way into the strip joint, but also parodied with murderers in Dia de los Dangerous. The same thing goes with the main characters being a parody of Johnny Quest but also having Johnny Quest characters in the show.

It's almost too much for the OCD fanboy in me to handle, but then I remember that this is the greatest show ever made and I guess I get over it.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 24, 2013

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

I guess frogout is too polite to simply say "begone".

Pope Guilty posted:

I remember: there was a bell, and I loved the radio.

This Billy's head sloshing is news to me. Must watch again.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

A lot of my friends haven't seen the show, what's a good episode to introduce them to the show on? I was thinking season 2 episode 2, hate floats. What are your guys's favorite episodes for 'number of laughs'?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Umph posted:

A lot of my friends haven't seen the show, what's a good episode to introduce them to the show on? I was thinking season 2 episode 2, hate floats. What are your guys's favorite episodes for 'number of laughs'?

I pretty much sound like a broken record but Ghosts of the Sargasso will always be the best for introduction. It pretty much showcases the characters personalities and its funny as poo poo to boot.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

TontoCorazon posted:

I pretty much sound like a broken record but Ghosts of the Sargasso will always be the best for introduction. It pretty much showcases the characters personalities and its funny as poo poo to boot.

Seeing Brock brutally injure a guy by beating him with his friend via butt connection will never leave my mind as one of the greatest things I have ever seen on a television.

I paused it once and the view was everything I had dreamed of. :allears:

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

^^ Ghosts of Sargasso is probably a better choice though, seeing as it's actually in season 1.

Umph posted:

I like to use "Escape to the House of Mummies Pt. II" It's a really continuity light episode that introduces each of the characters well.

"Oh, I thought you said "voile", I was gonna heat some up in the dryer"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

TontoCorazon posted:

If you'd played by the rules, the GHOST PIRATE RULES, and just ran away, none of this would be happening!

Edit: Hank, if there was ever a time in your life I needed you not to be Hank, it's now.

Pepe Silvia Browne fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 24, 2013

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I like "Ghosts of the Sargasso" and "Tag Sale, You're It!" as introductory episodes. They both introduce the characters and world well and don't have a lot of continuity to them.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
My perfect introductory episode is "Victor Echo November". If Venture Brothers is a show about failure then this is the thesis statement, a simple dinner where nobody really gets what they want. You don't need to know the characters coming in and because they're established at that point you become familiar with them through a few quick lines. Plus, you get to be a popular idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Cloks posted:

My perfect introductory episode is "Victor Echo November". If Venture Brothers is a show about failure then this is the thesis statement, a simple dinner where nobody really gets what they want. You don't need to know the characters coming in and because they're established at that point you become familiar with them through a few quick lines. Plus, you get to be a popular idiot.

Really? That episode is one of the hardest to understand because you basically have to explain everyone's backstories to get their motivations.