Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
C Try to be brave for Jalitha. It won't hurt her and if it makes dad stop hurting her then do what he says. Be stoic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

B sounds right to me.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Well... make the best of a bad situation, time to get us some willpower! C for control over emotion!

cxp
Mar 27, 2010
Fun Shoe
C. Try our best not to cry but well, we're four.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.
Voting A this is all so stressful!

Nine Votes Now
Sep 17, 2007
C

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

I don't think cutting her hair will mark her for death. At worst, it'll mark her as an exile. She will be punished by our dad regardless what we do here, but dad clearly thinks that letting us punish her will redeem us in the eyes of our goddess.

Meaning that if we don't do it, he'll likely think we're RUINED FOREVER.

Jalitha doesn't seem to think it's particularly dire, so let's Cut and Cultivate our self-Control at the same time.

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Voting H. Bad Dad!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
B a 4-year old.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

C: At the very least, we can try to be strong.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

Dammerung posted:

C: At the very least, we can try to be strong.

Yeah I'm going to change my vote to C just to prevent us being babies.

Tyromancer
Sep 2, 2011

Eglamore looks pretty different.
C - Jalitha doesn't seem to mind her hair being cut, and if we act strong then our dad is less likely to want further revenge against her.

Hexacrodium
Feb 29, 2008
C I suppose. I was going to suggest we drop the tooth and hug her whilst sobbing hysterically to show everyone we still love her and aren't angry with her.
But that would probably make dad go ballistic and he'd end up sacrificing her or something.
I still think it's very strange she tried to cut our hair, she's been living with us so long so she must have known how important hair is in our community.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
I. :unsmigghh:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Current standings with negative votes tallied.
A-8
B-21
C-28
D-0
E-2
F-0
G-2
H-2
I-1
J- 5 miscellaneous plans and 3 for A Terrible Person's plan

D&E-1

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
More of you need to vote for cutting daddy's throat. Lets take this bull by the horns.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B, I guess.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

While G or H seem kinda interesting, I'll vote C for our own sake.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

H gently caress YOU DAD

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
Going with C here. This fish is a jerk but he seems pretty important to dad.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
C

I think this is the best a 4 year old could manage

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

How foolish of father.

In less awesome land, I hope C wins. It has the potential to get us in good with two gods. El likes hair cutting and unpronounceable fish guy's high priest approves of revenge hair cutting or something. Just as long as we can keep our tiny 4 year old mouth shut both gods will think we're doing what they want.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Look our father in the eyes and cut our own hair off, like a boss.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
All we know is that dad is holding her hair! He may intend for us to cut her neck, we just assume he wants us to cut her hair.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Mocha Caveman posted:

C - Jalitha doesn't seem to mind her hair being cut, and if we act strong then our dad is less likely to want further revenge against her.

Most four-year-olds don't need terrifying compulsions by authority figures to give the grownups terrible haircuts, they need access to scissors and you to hold still for five minutes.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Negative voting for C, Dad is a woman-beating douche who's never shown his own son any affection, and Jalitha is a kind and caring mother figure.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

C

I give it about 6-8 years for it's time for revenge for this.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

All we know is that dad is holding her hair! He may intend for us to cut her neck, we just assume he wants us to cut her hair.

When I was a 4 year old even when I was in highly stressful situations I'm pretty sure I still had enough motor control not to slice someone's neck open unless I put some real thought and strength into it.
The only way we're going to cut Jalitha's neck is if our father decides to grab our hands and force us, which he can totally do, but it's not like Diogines is going to completely gently caress us over by saying "I didn't specify WHAT you were going to cut! Tough luck you cut Jalitha's head off with mirthful glee!".

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Negative voting for C, Dad is a woman-beating douche who's never shown his own son any affection, and Jalitha is a kind and caring mother figure.

I don't know that I see how this translates into us refusing to cut her hair, as a four year old, while everyone around including Jalitha seems to be demanding or expecting it of us.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Pochoclo posted:

When I was a 4 year old even when I was in highly stressful situations I'm pretty sure I still had enough motor control not to slice someone's neck open unless I put some real thought and strength into it.
The only way we're going to cut Jalitha's neck is if our father decides to grab our hands and force us, which he can totally do, but it's not like Diogines is going to completely gently caress us over by saying "I didn't specify WHAT you were going to cut! Tough luck you cut Jalitha's head off with mirthful glee!".

Well I wasn't trying to say that we'd make an effort to cut her hair, but then slip and cut her neck by accident. I was more tying to imply that it may not be our father's intention for us to cut her hair, but rather just cut her in general. Either way, though, I was horribly incorrect! It turns out I either have terrible reading comprehension or an awful memory, because in the text it says:

"'Grip tightly my son and CUT! Beg that Asherah will not hold you to account for the crimes of this witch!' your father says as he kneels over Jalitha and pulls her strange and pretty hair out straight for you to cut."

So I take it all back!

Hot Dog Day #82 fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 23, 2013

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

An update will go up in three to six hours so vote away! If you want to change your vote, by all means, do so, but it will make counting easier if you do a new post and say what your vote was and what you are changing it to.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Theglavwen posted:

I don't know that I see how this translates into us refusing to cut her hair, as a four year old, while everyone around including Jalitha seems to be demanding or expecting it of us.

It seems to me that he's cutting Jalitha's hair to punish her for cutting our hair.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

Voting C, suck it up and get it done kid.

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy
Clearly Jalitha doesn't have issues with haircuts, and if this makes things right in daddo's eyes let's do it. Let's just hope he's not trying to get us to kill her, because in that case I think we should totally use the 4 year old defense of being a blubbering crying mess.

Voting C

Beef-Stew fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 23, 2013

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

I have a feeling that this is gonna be one of those things that bites us in the rear end later. It's kind of unassuming now since we all see this hair thing as kind of weird and backwards, not to mention that we kind of know their fish god isn't the true creator. Maybe it's a lil more of a deal than we think?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
New option, ask for a day to think it over while you write a thesis on the cutting of hair. Then suck your thumb.

Tremynci
Jun 16, 2012

maxhush posted:

Voting B, but instead of screaming 'Ashera' or something, mumble out "Sorry Mr. Fishy"

Possibly like any 4 yr old would do after everyone's been crying cause Dads angry, but now things have calmed down slightly and Dads now asking you to apologize to his friend, who is a very important giant fish.

Oh, my Lord, this. But I see it more like this:

Your father stares down at you sternly, his hands holding Jalitha's hair out, and grates, "Beg forgiveness, my son! Pray that this witch has not defiled you forever!"

You look at Jalitha. She smiles at you -- a small smile, and it obviously hurts her. You look down at the tooth and dig your heels in, remembering when you fell and skinned your knee running after Papa, and Jalitha cuddled you and kissed it all better. You don't want to do this! Then Jalitha nods a little and smiles again. You rub your toe back and forth in the dirt, still looking down, and mumble "Sorry, Mr Fishy," just loud enough for the assembly to hear, as you put the tooth to her hair and clumsily hack through it. As you lean over to finish the job, your father doesn't hear you whisper, "Sorry, Jalitha," with a voice full of tears, or see you give her hug.

Which, I guess, is C.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Dad's a doucHe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Im going with C