Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

The new Plaga album is pretty tight check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6LkDmU_fE0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidden Mother
Nov 12, 2012
I was lucky enough to see Bosse-De-Nage on Friday and they absolutely blew me away. The only black metal band with shoegaze and post-rock influences I can really get down with.

Sump opened who are rad Bone Awl-sounding punky black metal, and bizarrely the front row was lined with hipsters pumping their fists and singing along throughout their set. All these people seemed to disappear for Bosse-De-Nage's set.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
The new Woe album goes hard. I grabbed the digital version for $8 and have been listening to it all week, I'm floored by how good it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYCrJGe70LA

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Hidden Mother posted:

I was lucky enough to see Bosse-De-Nage on Friday and they absolutely blew me away. The only black metal band with shoegaze and post-rock influences I can really get down with.

Sump opened who are rad Bone Awl-sounding punky black metal, and bizarrely the front row was lined with hipsters pumping their fists and singing along throughout their set. All these people seemed to disappear for Bosse-De-Nage's set.

That's the White Medal records listeners crew probably mate.

@TheIllestVillain, so worth picking up then?

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

RYYSZLA posted:

@TheIllestVillain, so worth picking up then?

Definitely.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

I found the worst thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CqUPtz9B_Y

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

It's like they're a bunch of deathcore kids who think that wearing corpse paint automatically makes you kvlt.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Friends Are Evil posted:

It's like they're a bunch of deathcore kids who think that wearing corpse paint automatically makes you kvlt.

Aw man, it doesn't?

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Hohoholy poo poo their first album has the most horrific cover art since Dance of Death.

Cat Planet
Jun 26, 2010

:420: :catdrugs: :420:
I was high on horse tranquilizers when I watched this video and it still felt embarassing.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Guzwar posted:

Hohoholy poo poo their first album has the most horrific cover art since Dance of Death.

Nothing says black metal like Poser models.

EDIT: Here's that poo poo in hi-res: :nws:A masterpiece:nws:

And here's another one:

Friends Are Evil fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 13, 2013

satan is my oppa
Feb 18, 2012
I had no idea Second Life was so grim.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Those drums sound like they're from an old casio I used to have.

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010
Manes is back it seems!

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Saw Agalloch two days ago and kinda got mixed feelings, mostly because of the setlist. They played many calm songs, and only a few of the "rougher" ones. I also peeked at the setlist, and two of my favorite tracks (Into the Painted Grey and Hallways of Enchanted Ebony) were on there but were crossed over :(

If they play anywhere near me I'll see them again, but I won't go 300 miles just to see them again. Deafheaven concert was better :colbert:

edit: Faustian Echoes was easily the highpoint of the show. Fen was quite boring, they played their best track right off (Hands of Dust) and then it was kinda :effort:

texting my ex fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 14, 2013

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Can we get these guys on Eurovision?

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Oldstench posted:

Can we get these guys on Eurovision?

them vs. Winny Puhh from the Estonian eurovision semis would make an awesome eurovision.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Just threw all my money at NWN for the Antediluvian LP and a new zine he's put out with a Antediluvian 7" with 2 bonus tracks. Picked up a copy of the CD to put on my MP3 player as well. Really excited for this record to arrive because NWN always seem to do a great job with the layout and presentation of a record, as well as the record itself, obviously. I would recommend that you guys all throw your money at NWN too.

Speaking of NWN, CVLTnation are streaming 2 exclusive tracks from the upcoming Katechon LP here: http://www.cvltnation.com/exclusive-katechon-stream/

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

If the Antediluvian LP you're talking about is the Logos one then it's loving awesome. They also have like the coolest actual logo as well.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Yeah, Logos is amazing.

Also, Mercenary Musik is taking pre-orders for the PdH Das Tor A5 digibook now.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Cobra Commander posted:

If the Antediluvian LP you're talking about is the Logos one then it's loving awesome. They also have like the coolest actual logo as well.

Yeah I mean Logos. So, so excited for that to arrive. NWN have the whole album bar the last track up for streaming, as well as many other worthy albums here.

Oldstench posted:

Yeah, Logos is amazing.

Also, Mercenary Musik is taking pre-orders for the PdH Das Tor A5 digibook now.

I had a look on their site and I couldn't see it. Am I being really thick? Do you have a direct link or do you have to email them or something?

Any fans of Vassafor lurking in this thread? They're a nightmarish mix of black/death/doom, and their album Obsidian Codex is a seriously punishing listen. I think I've only ever listened to the whole thing in 1 sitting (it is around 90 minutes long), and I tend to favour the second half of the album anyway. I would recommend checking out their bandcamp as even if the album is unnecessarily long in my opinion and could've been released in 2 halves, it is nice to see a band pushing the boundaries of black/death metal in what can be a rather derivative genre. I pretty much love the NZ/Aus black/death scene as it is. Can't wait for the new Diocletian album.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

nomapple posted:

Yeah I mean Logos. So, so excited for that to arrive. NWN have the whole album bar the last track up for streaming, as well as many other worthy albums here.

I had a look on their site and I couldn't see it. Am I being really thick? Do you have a direct link or do you have to email them or something?

Any fans of Vassafor lurking in this thread? They're a nightmarish mix of black/death/doom, and their album Obsidian Codex is a seriously punishing listen. I think I've only ever listened to the whole thing in 1 sitting (it is around 90 minutes long), and I tend to favour the second half of the album anyway. I would recommend checking out their bandcamp as even if the album is unnecessarily long in my opinion and could've been released in 2 halves, it is nice to see a band pushing the boundaries of black/death metal in what can be a rather derivative genre. I pretty much love the NZ/Aus black/death scene as it is. Can't wait for the new Diocletian album.

Just sign up for their mailing list in order to get notifications. Email him at battle@mercenarymusik.com to see if there are any preorders available. I think it's a limited run.

Oh yeah...Vassafor are loving awesome. NZ has to have something in its water. Vassafor, Witchrist, Sinistrous Diabolus, Diocletian... It's getting silly.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.
Anyone listen to the new Burzum videogame soundtrack....I mean album?

The best thing I can say about it is at least he got himself a better keyboard than the $2 radioshack one he had in prison. I half feel like if he played some of these songs on a guitar they might have been better than stuff from the last two real albums.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Morbid Florist posted:

The best thing I can say about it is at least he got himself a better keyboard than the $2 radioshack one he had in prison. I half feel like if he played some of these songs on a guitar they might have been better than stuff from the last two real albums.

Wrong forum. All Burzum related posts now belong in the ambient electronica neofolk pagan euro trash racist film soundtracks about man bears thread.

On an actual black metal note, I've finally gotten around to sampling the release of new Von material in, Dark Gods: Seven Billion Slaves. Makes me more than a little curious to see where this whole trilogy is going and may tide me over until I can get my paws on a new Absu release (this year?) for some truly great USBM.

Baron Von Ghoulosh fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 21, 2013

RHTITE
Dec 26, 2008

Morbid Florist posted:

Brilliant album and his best since Filosofem probably. Synth is gonna turn people off, for sure, but the music and composition are top notch.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

The new Deafheaven is out and it is bad to the bone, i hope Deathwish is still taking LP orders for it.

TheIllestVillain fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 22, 2013

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

TheIllestVillain posted:

The new Deafheaven is out and it is bad to the bone, i hope Deathwish is still taking LP orders for it.

Yeah, god drat I am liking this so far.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Sunbather is much better than Roads to Juda. So much more realized and fleshed out. Irresistible is beautiful, Please Remember is really great as well. Windows, though, that field recording is giving me hardcore Godspeed You! Black Emperor vibes.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

WASDF posted:

Sunbather is much better than Roads to Juda. So much more realized and fleshed out. Irresistible is beautiful, Please Remember is really great as well. Windows, though, that field recording is giving me hardcore Godspeed You! Black Emperor vibes.

Yeah, Roads to Judah did nothing for me, but this album is beautiful, amazing summery black metal. Ordered the pink/beer coloured vinyl even if I am dubious about the "beer" bit. Dream House is a monster of an opening track. Apparently they're shipping orders already.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I'm gonna see them with Boris tomorrow. I hope they have that Beer/Pink colored edition there.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Yeah I blasted it yesterday and it was a good listen. I'm also digging the latest Arckanum album.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Preordered Sunbather and got the digital download, listening through it now. I haven't ever been this excited for an album

edit: Listened through it now! Loved it, it's a great direction for the band to take. Favorite track is The Pecan Tree (or Dream House, but I've been blasting that for two weeks), it's so goddamn shoegazy. But their best track is still Daedalus from the demo, I wish they played it live

texting my ex fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 22, 2013

Syzygy666
Feb 7, 2013
Deafheaven's brand of "different" just isn't for me. Somehow Woods of Desolation's Torn Beyond Reason gets a pass but the Sunbather album doesn't. Both seem a bit "emo" but deafheaven feels more soft around the edges. It may grow on me yet.

Hidden Mother
Nov 12, 2012

Syzygy666 posted:

Deafheaven's brand of "different" just isn't for me. Somehow Woods of Desolation's Torn Beyond Reason gets a pass but the Sunbather album doesn't. Both seem a bit "emo" but deafheaven feels more soft around the edges. It may grow on me yet.

Yeh I feel the same way. Like, I'm not against shoegaze/post-rock influenced black metal at all but man, black metal should not be as tame as what Deafheaven are doing.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

There is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Syzygy666 posted:

I felt like this after Roads to Judah, but Sunbather is a lot better in my opinion. I think Torn Beyond Reason is a bit of a different beast though, far more negative in the emotions it is trying to portray. I do love it though, brilliant album.

I can hear elements of screamo, black metal, post-rock and shoegaze in Deafheaven's sound. I dunno, I just really dig what they're doing at the moment.

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010

RHTITE posted:

Brilliant album and his best since Filosofem probably. Synth is gonna turn people off, for sure, but the music and composition are top notch.

Burzum and top notch composition don't go in the same sentence, and this is coming from a Burzum fan.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Chiming in on the Sunbather bandwagon. Easily in my AOTY list.

What did everyone think of the new Aosoth btw? I thought it was quite good but needs more listens.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Killsion posted:

What did everyone think of the new Aosoth btw? I thought it was quite good but needs more listens.

I think it starts off really strong, but then tapers. First three or four tracks have that strong aosoth sound, but the last couple I have a hard time enjoying as compared to them. Its good, and I like it, but I think it lacks the aggressive attitude from Ashes or even III.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Killsion posted:

Opening track on the new Aosoth is really good, but I think it kind of dips in the middle and then picks itself up again for the last track. That said, I'm not going back to listen to it as much as I thought I would.