Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Fallout: Tennessee, the Blood Opry
War, War never changes.

After the bombs fell everything took a turn for the worse as entire regions of the earth were decimated and made uninhabitable. Several decades later, pockets of civilization began to rise up and form new societies in the ashes and ruins of the old world; Tennessee was no exception. From primitive tribes to full-fledged military outposts, humans and mutants alike have found their home in Tennessee.

Unfortunately, the lawlessness of the wasteland has granted those in positions of power to exert corrupt ideals across the state and surrounding areas. Slavery is prominent and accepted as tribals, ghouls and mutants are enslaved and regarded as inferior. Raiders roam far and wide attacking caravans, small tribes and in some cases, entire townships. Xenophobic religious groups war with one another for the promotion of their ideal.

It isn't all bleak though, the guerilla group Red Star works day and night to make the world a better place, attempting to abolish slavery, offer protection from raiders, promote freedom of thought and provide equal rights for mutants.

Everyone has their agenda though, it'll be up to you to decide yours. Just don't get too caught up whistling dixie, lest you might find yourself a victim of the disharmonious Blood Opry. Welcome to Tennessee.

----------

Play Materials & Information
Everything you need to play the game can be found here. It is all fan made and credit/respect/gratitude goes out to everyone involved for making tabletop editions of the popular game franchise and to those who created Fallout and it's universe.

1. The Core Rulebook will tell you how to play the game and create your character.
- I've included Tribal Perks and the Hand-to-Hand Bible to add to the options available in Character Creation.
- I don't have any real restrictions, but life will be noticeably harder for you if you roll up a Deathclaw, Humanoid Robot or Dog, but it could be amusing.

2. The Character Sheet is just there as a reference to let you know what fields need to be filled out. It can be a bit daunting at first, but it isn't all that bad. For sure, you need to have all the information pertaining to who your character is, what race they are, their vitals and their skills configured listed. I'm not a stickler on format so whatever works for you, will more than likely work for me and we can work together to fill in any gaps.

3. For Equipment, you'll be buying it from the Equipment Book using caps. To determine how many caps you have, multiply 10 x Charisma Score x Luck Score.

4. I've also included the Tennessee Sourcebook so you know a little about the places, factions and happenings for the setting. Section V of the sourcebook has new equipment that you can also purchase.

5. If you have any questions or need help in creating your character, I can receive PMs or be reached via e-mail at doctoridlesa@gmail.com

----------

Looking for 3-6 players. Recruitment open til a party is assembled or interest dies down.

Things to consider: Is your character xenophobic, racist or bigoted? Do you have any affiliation to a particular tribe/church/faction? Do you have any personal goals outside of survival?

Additionally: Feel free to make bonds with other players, be it coming from the same tribe or working a caravan together, or growing up on rival farmsteads. Whatever you want really.

Again, questions can be issued via PM or at my doctoridlesa@gmail.com e-mail.

General Note
I'll keep a queue open for players who are ok with joining in later or back up characters. Death can often be quick and unexpected in the wastes, so as long as the game is still going, I'll write in characters from queue as others die/quit/satisfy some personal goal and retire.

----------

Some Pictures To Get You In The Mood

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Gonna roll up a gunslinger! Soon enough...

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
gently caress youuuuuuuu I literally have maybe 45 minutes a day to post right now and oh how I hate you for pulling this out. App coming shortly.

Also, are we using classic skills or is this like New Vegas where Guns, Medicine, Sneak et al. Are amalgamation of other skills?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Captain Walker posted:

gently caress youuuuuuuu I literally have maybe 45 minutes a day to post right now and oh how I hate you for pulling this out. App coming shortly.

Also, are we using classic skills or is this like New Vegas where Guns, Medicine, Sneak et al. Are amalgamation of other skills?

They are the classic skills from 1 & 2, there are revised skills out on the web, but I didn't want to make it clunky or rather clunkier. On the character sheet you'll get a list of skills and in core rules, you'll get the run down and formula for each skill.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

QuantumNinja posted:

Gonna roll up a gunslinger! Soon enough...

Cool, let me know if you have any questions.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I will build something, 90% chance it will be an unarmed character as I always loved playing one in the Fallout games. Might even make a Deathclaw, with robe! Just have to take a look at the stuff first.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Interested, probably going to make a INT/CHA-focused doctor/medic. Still have to take a look at the other sourcebooks though, so that's subject to change.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hmm I assume the numbers in parenthesis for the Deathclaw are for the Intelligent strain? Lower ST and EN for that, but twice the maximum IN.

Can Trait bonuses to stats raise them above racial maximums? Or only up to the normal max?

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 24, 2013

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Ryuujin posted:

Hmm I assume the numbers in parenthesis for the Deathclaw are for the Intelligent strain? Lower ST and EN for that, but twice the maximum IN.

Can Trait bonuses to stats raise them above racial maximums? Or only up to the normal max?

Correct on parenthenses and only to max attribute value. Let me know if anything else comes up!

Also decide if you want to be a Tennessean death claw, they are smaller, green and have poison attacks. If so, I'll get you appropriate info tonight.

2nd edit: if you do decide to go the native route, they are described in the Tennessee sourcebook and referred to as Dixie Deathclaws.

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 24, 2013

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Jolinaxas posted:

Interested, probably going to make a INT/CHA-focused doctor/medic. Still have to take a look at the other sourcebooks though, so that's subject to change.

Cool, cool. Let me know if you have questions

----------

General Note
I'll be keeping a queue open too, death is easy to come by and permanent in the wasteland. If you feel like rolling a back up, so long as the game is still going, I'll write you in.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Oh I did not know there was a special Tennessee version, I noticed there is a perk for Deathclaws at level 12 that gets them a Type B poison. Haven't looked at the Tennessee book yet, I'll check that. I really like some of the Deathclaw perk options. Probably going to focus on things like unarmed combat, the resistance/tough hide style perks, and probably stealth. Probably won't get Ninja unless I decide to tag melee as well as unarmed combat which I might.

Kind of funny that Deathclaws seem to do less damage with their claws than someone using a deathclaw gauntlet, unless I am misreading it.

Hmm searched through the Tennessee book for Deathclaw, and didn't find playable stats. Not sure how they change compared to the PC option in the core book. On the one hand Intelligent Deathclaw would be nice, on the other hand even the less intelligent deathclaw can get up to 4 IN. Kind of funny there is a Perk for Deathclaws with at least 5 IN. And a Trait for Deathclaws/Dogs that increases IN by 2 but not above racial maximum.

So if you have stats for the PC version of the Dixie Deathclaw I wouldn't mind seeing them, though I am not sure yet which version I will go with.

EDIT: Can I select Boxing as my Unarmed Style somehow? While technically not punching the "Punch" focused Boxing path seems better for a Deathclaw that isn't going to be "Kicking". Not to mention Boxing gets some nice bonuses. Or is something special needed to select one of the styles from the HtH Bible?

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 24, 2013

Went to Hell
Oct 29, 2011
I'm interested. Think I'll roll a Ghoul who buys people's goodwill as a wandering nuclear reactor mechanic (are there a lot of nuclear power plants in Tennessee?). He probably travels in a circuit between plants, performing annual maintenance on them. He might even be on the run from slavers who want to keep him around to maintain only their own reactor.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
If you go glowing Ghoul we will all have to stay away from you, they give off rads per hour.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'll get a response up for your questions at some point tonight, heading home. Looking forward to this though!

Went to Hell
Oct 29, 2011

Ryuujin posted:

If you go glowing Ghoul we will all have to stay away from you, they give off rads per hour.

Don't worry, I won't! I'll be sure to pack plenty of Rad-Away too, just in case.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Trying to work on a character sheet, right now mostly transcribing the one from the pdf. Will see how it turns out. Not including the vehicle section right now.

pre:
Name:		Age:	4	Sex:	M	Race:	Deathclaw	Weight:	400 lbs
Eyes:		Hair:	N/A	Appearance:	

Total	+/-	Base	Racial					Skills
				Min/Max					Total	+/-	Base &
ST	x	+x/-x	x	x/x			Small Guns	x	x	5%+(4xAG)
PE	x	+x/-x	x	x/x			Big Guns	x	x	0%+(2xAG)
EN	x	+x/-x	x	x/x			Energy Weapons	x	x	0%+(2xAG)
CH	x	+x/-x	x	x/x			Unarmed		x	x	30%(2x(AG+ST))
IN	x	+x/-x	x	x/x			Melee Weapons	x	x	20%+(2x(AG+ST))
AG	x	+x/-x	x	x/x			Throwing	x	x	0%+(4xAG)
LK	x	+x/-x	x	x/x			First Aid	x	x	0%+(2x(PE+AG))
							Doctor		x	x	5%+(PE+EN)
Level  x 	Karma  x	HP/Level  x		Sneak		x	x	5%+(3xAG)
Experience			Carry			Lockpick	x	x	10%+(PE+AG)
Wounds				Weight			Steal		x	x	0%+(3xAG)
							Traps		x	x	10%+(PE+AG)
Hit Points	Armor Class	+/-	Base AC		Science		x	x	0%+(4xIN)
x/x		x		x/x	x		Repair		x	x	0%+(3xIN)
     	DT  DR	+/-		Base	Armor		Pilot		x	x	0%+(2x(AG+PE))
Normal	x/x	x/x		x	x		Speech		x	x	0%+(5xCH)
Laser	x/x	x/x		x	x		Barter		x	x	0%+(4xCH)
Fire	x/x	x/x		x	x		Gambling	x	x	0%+(4xLK)
Plasma	x/x	x/x		x	x		Outdoorsman	x	x	0%+(2x(EN+IN))
Explode	x/x	x/x		x	x	

Poison	x	Radiation	x	Gas	x/x	Electricity	x	Healing	x
Resistance	Resistance		Resistance	Resistance		Rate	

Action	x	Sequence	x	Melee	x	Critical	x	Armor  
Points					Damage		Chance			Condition
										[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Left Hand	PE Range Mod.	X		Ammo					Right Hand
Weapon   xx	Rng  xx	Dmg   xx			Weapon   xx	Rng   xx	Dmg   xx
APs: Single  x	Target  x	Burst  x		APs: Single  x	Target  x	Burst  x
Ammo  xx	Ammo Damage  xx	Rounds  x/x		Ammo  xx	Ammo Damage  xx	Rounds  x/x
+/-							+/-	
Condition	[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] 	Condition	[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] 

Traits and Perks		Effects			Equipment
Hmm looking a little too wide, now if only I can figure out a way to shrink that armor condition part.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 24, 2013

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hmm.

Deathclaws have a 20% Resistance to Normal, Fire, and Explosion damage with a Damage Threshold of 4 for each of those damage types.

Yet they have DT and DR of N: 5/15, L: 3/10, F: 0/0, P: 3/10, E: 2/10.

How does that work? Is the number before the / added to the Damage Threshold listed at the top? And the number after the / added to the 20% damage resistance listed at the top? Or are they for something else?

Went to Hell
Oct 29, 2011
Looking at a map of the US, it looks like there are three plants in eastern Tennessee, and two in north Alabama. I like to imagine that my character moves between these plants in an annual circuit. If the plot requires, he may have been driven further west by slavers or mutant-haters. He's pretty good at repairs, so that's how he makes himself useful.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Need to get on a different computer to do so but this looks really interesting, I'll see if I can't roll up a character, new to the system though if that's ok.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
EDIT: Re-rolled as something social-heavy, especially given all the folks that want to be docs. Also changed template to the simpler one.

pre:
Name: Lloyd Rourke
Eyes: Brown Hair: Brown Appearance: Average build, tanned. Well-dressed.

Level: 3
XP: 3155/6000

BASE STATS (Sum to 40)
ST   5 [=0] [1/5/10]
PE   6 [+1] [1/5/10]
EN   6 [+1] [1/5/10]
CH   9 [+4] [1/5/10]
IN   6 [+1] [1/5/10]
AG   4 [-1] [1/5/10]
LK   4 [-1] [1/5/10]

DERIVED STATS
HP: 50    (6 / LVL)
AC: 12    (4 + Armor)  Head: 7
Normal:  20DR 0DT       25/1
Laser:   20DR 0DT       20/0
Fire:    10DR 0DT       20/0
Plasma:  10DR 0DT       10/0
Explode: 20DR 0DT       xxxx
Carry Weight: 150 Lbs (25 + 25xStr)
Melee Damage: 1       (ST-5, Min 1)
Poisin Resist: 30%    (ENx5)
Rad Resist: 12%       (ENx2)
Gas Resist: 0         (Gear: Inhale/Contact)
Elec. Resist: 15%
Dmg. Threshold: 0     (Gear)
Dmg. Resist: 0        (Gear)
Action Points: 7     (1/2AG+5)
Sequence: 12          (2xPE)
Healing Rate: 6       (EN)
Crit Chance: 4%       (Luck + Skills)

SKILLS (Tag 3)
Small Guns      24        5%+(4xAG) +3 Practice
Big Guns        08        0%+(2xAG)
Energy Weapons  08        0%+(2xAG)
Unarmed         80        30%+(2x(AG+ST)) +32 Skill Points Applied
Melee Weapons   38        20%+(2x(AG+ST))
Throwing        26        10%+(4xAG)
First Aid       50        30%+(2x(PE+AG))
Doctor          47        35%+(PE+EN)
Sneak           27        15%+(3xAG)
Lockpick        30        20%+(PE+AG)
Steal           22        10%+(3xAG)
Traps           30        20%+(PE+AG)
Science         34        10%+(4xIN)
Repair          28        10%+(3xIN)
Pilot           30        10%+(2x(AG+PE))
Speech*         101       30%+(5xCH) +20% Tagged +3 Skill Points Applied
Barter*         102       30%+(4xCH) +20% Tagged +8 Skill Points Applied
Gambling        30        10%+(5xLK)
Outdoorsman*    100       10%+(2x(EN+IN)) +20% Tagged + 23 Skill Points Applied

TRAITS
- Human: 15% Resistance to Electricity.
- Human: Perk every 3 levels.
- Skilled: Perk Rate = 4, +10% to all skills, +5 Skill Points per level
- Good-Natured: -10 All Weapon Skills, +20 to Social/Medicine Skills

PERKS
- Iron Fist: +5 Unarmed Damage

WEAPONS

LACERATORS
Ammo: N/A
Rnds: N/A Burst: N/A Min. ST: 1 W: 1 lb 
Dmg: 1d8+2+MD Rng: 1
AP: 3 / - / - (Single, Target, Burst)

EQUIPMENT (12 / 150 lbs)
460 Caps - 445 =15 Caps
ITEM            Wt.   Cost
Lacerators       1      40
Leather Jacket 	 5	250
Leather Cap      1      90 
Flashlight       1      15
Lockpick	 1	40
Lighter          0      10
Lloyd, by all estimation, should have been some kind of merchant fat-cat by now. He has a keen eye for salvage, he knows his way around the Tennessee Wastes, and he could sell ice to Eskimos, if any still exist. Those who know him believe it's because he just doesn't have the heart to do some of the things necessary to be successful in the wastes. He wanders from town to town, poking around in boarded-up ruins and pre-war buildings, looking for anything he can make a cap on.

He's gotten it into his mind to try to settle down someplace permanent recently, but Lady Luck seems to think it isn't quite the time for that yet. Lloyd isn't sure that time will ever come.

pre:
Dirty "armored" Pre-War Business Suit

The seamstress and tailor in Johnnyville must be the best kept secret on this side
of what was left of the Tennessee river. The suit will take some breaking in with 
the refurbished armor and all, but it's cleaned up some and might actually stand some damage.

AC:  8 | N: 1/10 | L: 0/0
F: 1/5 | P: 0/0 | E: 0/0

Weight: 4 lbs.
+5 Speech, Barter, +1 Charisma
pre:
Cool Aviators
+5% bonus on all checks to intimidate, persuade, impress or barter.
+1 to Perception when worn
pre:
Uioae Charm: +1 Luck
pre:
Vault Loot:
2 Pulley Components, 1 Spring, 1 Vacuum Component, 2 Circuitry, 1 Scrap Metal,  1 Toolkit, 
1 Nuka-Cola, 1 Box of Mentats, 
1-18 Count Pack of Llama Cigarettes (PE +1, CH+1, 3 Hours, Addiction Chance: 60%, Withdrawal: -2 CH)

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jan 24, 2015

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I've clocked 200+ hours in Fallout. Can I play a traveling Nuka Cola salesman? His main form of combat will be throwing Nuka grenades.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Q&A

Ryuujin posted:

Oh I did not know there was a special Tennessee version, I noticed there is a perk for Deathclaws at level 12 that gets them a Type B poison. Haven't looked at the Tennessee book yet, I'll check that. I really like some of the Deathclaw perk options. Probably going to focus on things like unarmed combat, the resistance/tough hide style perks, and probably stealth. Probably won't get Ninja unless I decide to tag melee as well as unarmed combat which I might.

Kind of funny that Deathclaws seem to do less damage with their claws than someone using a deathclaw gauntlet, unless I am misreading it.

Hmm searched through the Tennessee book for Deathclaw, and didn't find playable stats. Not sure how they change compared to the PC option in the core book. On the one hand Intelligent Deathclaw would be nice, on the other hand even the less intelligent deathclaw can get up to 4 IN. Kind of funny there is a Perk for Deathclaws with at least 5 IN. And a Trait for Deathclaws/Dogs that increases IN by 2 but not above racial maximum.

So if you have stats for the PC version of the Dixie Deathclaw I wouldn't mind seeing them, though I am not sure yet which version I will go with.

EDIT: Can I select Boxing as my Unarmed Style somehow? While technically not punching the "Punch" focused Boxing path seems better for a Deathclaw that isn't going to be "Kicking". Not to mention Boxing gets some nice bonuses. Or is something special needed to select one of the styles from the HtH Bible?

Dixie Deathclaw Attributes
pre:
      ST   PE   EN   CH   IN   AG   LK
Min.: 6 |  5  | 1  | 1  | 1  | 7   | 1
Avg.: 6 |  8  | 5  | 1  | 1  | 10  | 4
Max.: 6 |  13 | 12 | 3  | 5  | 18  | 10

N: 4/40 L: 0/0 F: 3/30 P: 0/0 E: 4/40
Poison Resistance: 85%
Radiation Resistance: 60%
Gas Resistance: 0/40
DT(Damage Threshold) is the value immediately subtracted from damage you take and applies to armor. Deathclaws have natural armor, but typically you need something equipped first to have a DT.
DR(Damage Resistance) is a secondary damage buffer and is a percentage of damage that is stopped after DT is subtracted. Also some armors/races have DR for specific things.

Example A: Dixie Deathclaws by default have a DT of 4 and a DR of 40 for Normal Damage. A bandit fires a 10mm pistol at the deathclaw and manages to hit, it was using standard 10mm FMJ rounds so it only does 1d8 + 5 from the gun that shot it. The bandit rolls 3 damage + 5 for the gun firing it for a total of 8. Immediately that damage is reduced to 4 because of the DT of the deathclaw, but then 40% is shirked away from the DR reducing the initial 8 to a dismal 2.4 rounded down to 2.

As far as boxing goes, not really, because no one trains the deathclaw. You're pretty much left to savage claw strikes, potentially poisonous attacks and horrendous bites and cleaves. Such is the way of being an 8 - 12' mutated lizard creature.

As far as that glove is concerned deathclaw can potentially have a MD of 12, so 1d10 + 10 + 12 and you've pretty much just gutted a brahmin or caravan guard. The sourcebook for NPC deathclaw gives them like 3d8 poison damage, but the stats I've provided for a Dixieclaw are pretty much assuming that the NPC has max attributes. I'll continue to work on that if it's something you decide on, because basically... no one has wrote it!

Hope that clears your questions up, I'll be touching back on it if you have more!

(Also, thanks for that Character Sheet Text Conversion!)

-----

I'll check sheets in detail tomorrow when I get some free time and over my long weekend. :dukedog:

Went to Hell posted:

Looking at a map of the US, it looks like there are three plants in eastern Tennessee, and two in north Alabama. I like to imagine that my character moves between these plants in an annual circuit. If the plot requires, he may have been driven further west by slavers or mutant-haters. He's pretty good at repairs, so that's how he makes himself useful.

I'll place a plant in one of the towns of the Tennessee source book, most are abandoned, destroyed are so dangerously irradiated that few would go near them. As far as the character background/plot, it could definitely work, cool ghoul repairman just trying to make an earnest living in the wastes.

-----

Jolinaxas posted:

Okay, I think I did this right. drat, there's a lot of crap to keep track of.
Yeah, I promise Character Creation is the longest part, combat and the game itself flows pretty good with minor discrepancies that are either usually house ruled or agreed upon by all involved. I love how action points work in this game, because there is no question about what you can and can't do, I also have used to good success a "focus" house rule, where you use your unspent action parts to expedite things for your next turn or lend aid, or prepare something that would take longer than your turn, e.g. hoisting yourself on top of a bluff during combat, or hacking a terminal while laying down suppressive fire.

Direwolf posted:

Need to get on a different computer to do so but this looks really interesting, I'll see if I can't roll up a character, new to the system though if that's ok.
I think most people interested will be new to this, it's pretty much just all free, fan-made rules.

Count Chocula posted:

I've clocked 200+ hours in Fallout. Can I play a traveling Nuka Cola salesman? His main form of combat will be throwing Nuka grenades.
Yeah, roll it up, let me know if you need help.

-----

If I missed your question, just let me know and I'll get some feedback up.

Keep in mind that these play documents are not perfect as they are all fan-made, good chance is that we'll run into a rules conflict at some point or find something illogical within the text. If you want to reason something with me in lieu of bad rules, let me know because... they are out there for sure, but for the most part the game is solid and pretty fun. This initial phase of getting everyone setup is just cumbersome.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hmm I thought the Deathclaw entry in the core book listed a damage value for their claw, but now I am not seeing it. Is it 1d10+10+MD then? That is actually pretty good. For the Dixie Deathclaw I thought 3d8 was the damage the NPC Dixie Deathclaw's claw did, that said Type D poison is nasty doing 4 points of damage a round unless the target passes a Endurance check.

The Dixie Deathclaw always has exactly 6 Strength? Looks like most of the stats are pretty similar, except Strength being lower than even the Intelligent Deathclaw, and Agility having a 2 higher max.

Yeah I noticed a lot of races had things like radiation, gas, or poison resistance and that those are in a lower section. The weird part was that the Deathclaw entry said that they got 4 Damage Threshold to Normal, Fire and Explosion as well as 20% resistance to those. This would make me assume that it is DT 4 for those three, and DR 20% for them. But while that was in the text in a small box afterwards it says they have the following DT/DR bonuses: N 5/15, L 3/10, F, 0/0, P 3/10, and E 2/10. So since those numbers are rather different than the ones mentioned in the text I was wondering if they were added together or something.

If they aren't added together then the Dixie Deathclaw definitely has some better resistances. In fact the Dixie Deathclaw has better radiation and poison resistance for sure. I am tempted by the Dixie version, but that is a rather low Strength max.

EDIT: Man Gifted plus low Intelligence means really pathetic skills per level. A person with IN 10 would be getting 25 skill points a level, the current build I am looking at would get 4.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 25, 2013

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Any chance of you running this game with a system that isn't 100% ported from a video game and thus incredibly overcomplicated and difficult to use? Spycraft 2.0 is pretty cool, for example.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Jackson "Jackie" Reed

Jackie Reed's parents, Velma and Charlie Reed, wanted a little boy. They had a small farmstead outside of Jhonnyville where they actually convinced corn and wheat to grow, and they thought that a young man could help plow the fields and see to the brahmin. They got two girls, who they insisted on naming Jackson and Christopher after the son they so desired. Though they loved them, the lack of food was always a serious strain on the family.

When Jackie was 16, old enough to survive on her own in the waste, she left to find her own way with a small pack of food and her father's old revolver. She traveled to New Nashville where she found a job as a card dealer at the Antioch casino, eeking out a living for years. The business eventually went under, though (probably because the owner spent his time and money on cigars and women instead of keeping his casino afloat), and Jackie got a job working security at the Green Gator casino down the strip---or so she thought.

It was less than a week before one of the regular customers started to get a little too familiar with her and she realized she had actually been hired as eye candy. When she resisted, she was beaten unconscious---repeatedly. She woke up in a slaver's den in VaultTown and was shortly sold into the service of a wealthy trader from Bedford who seemed to have a sinister use for her.

On the road to Bedford, Jackie managed to slice her ropes on a sharper edge of his caravan, killing the trader in his sleep and taking his gun before managing to outrun---and hide from---his bodyguard. Now she's in the waste, alone, and barely armed. But she's free, and she's out for vengeance.

pre:
Name: Jackson "Jackie" Reed
Age:  22    Sex: F      Race: Human      Weight: 140 lbs     Level: 3
Eyes: Brown Hair: Brown Appearance: Scrawny, but tall, with piercing eyes.

BASE STATS (Sum to 40)
ST   5   [=0] [1/5/10]
PE   7+1 [+2] [1/5/10]
EN   5   [=0] [1/5/10]
CH   4+1 [-1] [1/5/10]
IN   4   [-1] [1/5/10]
AG  10   [+5] [1/5/10]
LK   5   [=0] [1/5/10]

DERIVED STATS
HP: 45    (3 + [1/2 EN] = 5 / LVL)
AC: 15    (AG + Armor)
Normal:  0DR 0DT 0Armor
Laser:   0DR 0DT 0Armor
Fire:    0DR 0DT 0Armor
Plasma:  0DR 0DT 0Armor
Explode: 0DR 0DT 0Armor
Melee Damage: 1       (ST-1, Min 1)
Poisin Resist: 25%    (ENx5)
Rad Resist: 10%       (ENx2)
Gas Resist: 0         (Gear: Inhale/Contact)
Action Points: 10     (1/2AG+5)
Sequence: 14          (2xPE)
Healing Rate: 5       (EN)
Crit Chance: 5%       (Luck + Skills)

SKILLS (Tag 3)
*Small Guns     70+20^+5  5%+(4xAG)+20(tagged) (+5 @ lvl2)
Big Guns        20        0%+(2xAG)
Energy Weapons  20        0%+(2xAG)
Unarmed         60       30%+(2x(AG+ST))
Melee Weapons   46+20^   20%+(2x(AG+ST))
Throwing        40        0%+(4xAG)
First Aid       36        0%+(2x(PE+AG))
Doctor          18        5%+(PE+EN)
*Sneak          55        5%+(3xAG)+20(tagged)
Lockpick        41       10%+(PE+AG)  (+13 @ lvl3)
Steal           30        0%+(3xAG)
Traps           28       10%+(PE+AG)
Science         16        0%+(4xIN)
Repair          12        0%+(3xIN)
Pilot           40        0%+(2x(AG+PE))
Speech          25+5#     0%+(5xCH)
Barter          20+5#     0%+(4xCH)
*Gambling       44        0%+(4xLK)+20(tagged) (+3 @ lvl2)
Outdoorsman     18+5#     0%+(2x(EN+IN))

^: See One Hander
#: 10-Gallon Hat
@: Modified by Attribute-effecting gear

TRAITS, PERKS, ET. AL.
- One Hander: -40% to hit with two-handed weapons, +20% to hit with one-handed weapons.
- Fast Shot: No targeted shots, all weapons take one less action point to use.
- Holster: You can swap out 1-handed weapons in combat for 2AP.
- Awareness: This perk gives you more information when you examine a critter. 
  You can see their exact number of hit points and the weapon they are 
  armed with, if any.

WEAPONS

COLT 6520 10MM PISTOL
Ammo: 10mm
Rnds: 12 Burst: N/A Min. ST: 3 W: 4 lbs.
Dmg: +6 Rng: 19
AP: 2 / - / 3 / 2 (Single, Target, Burst/Triple, Reload)

EQUIPMENT (17.5 / 150 lbs)
ITEM     [DMG /AC /DR ]         Cnt.     Wt.    Cost
Colt 10MM                         1       4      250
10MM FMJ [ 1d8/ 00/ 00]          50      2.5      30
10MM HP  [ 1d6/ 00/-10]          15       1       15
Pa's Revolver                     1       8     1300
HOLSTER                           1       ?       --                       
COMBAT DUSTER                     1       5       ??
    AC: 15 N: 2/25 L:0/15 F:2/20 P:0/5 E: 0/20
    +5% Small Guns, +1 CH
10-GALLON HAT                     1       2       60
    +2 AC, N: 1/10 L: 0/5 F: 0/10 P: 0/0,
    +5 Speech, Barter, Outdoorsman, +1 Per

Water bottle (irradiated)         5       ?       ??
Day's worth of jerky (irradiated) 4       ?       ??

Value: 1300 Caps
Ammo: .44
Rnds: 6       Burst: N/A
Min. ST: 4    Weight: 8 lbs.
Dmg: +12      Rng: 25

Johnnyville: The Deputy - Would-be thieves and hooligans are intimidated by you around these parts
Follower: Christopher Reed
pre:
Name: Christopher Reed
S P E C I A L
5 3 5 6 6 4 6

HP: 30
AC: 4
AP: 7
Carry Weight: 150 lbs.

She's always been a bit too trusting,
but she's good natured and knows a
little about most non-combat related
skills given her experiences in with
UNITY.

- Can be used for a +5% to any non-combat related skill check.
- Can also function as a supply mule.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 13, 2014

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Imperial Commissariat's uplifting primer.

Shake once.
I'm in on this. Let me whip up a character. Looking to make a Red Star character if that's okay with you. I've been reading through the Tennessee Sourcebook and they sound like a hilarious band of socialists. Let's say that, as it used to be an anti-nuclear arsenal and civil rights group, it could be possible that there were a few people in the Red Star who sympathised with revolutionary socialist thought (akin to leninism) before the war and that small groups in the Red Star still support it (however horribly warped decades after the bombs fell).

Character

Marx Lenin Molotov

Marx was born in a small Red Star outpost near Chatanooga. His parents were two Red Star militia members and as such he was brought up with Red Star morals and values. The only difference was that his mother came from a long line of communist sympathisers who, even when the bombs dropped and they hid underground, continued to hold their ideals high. Problem is that the true values of these ideals were mixed, muddled and partly forgotten after decades of underground shelter.

Marx is now a young member of the Red Star and secretly wishes for a dictatorship of the proletariat in the wasteland. He doesn't know what this means, but it must be wholesome and the right thing to do. Uncle Lenin didn't write his little red book for nothing! Besides, his mother and uncle said that only by breaking the bonds of the working man can we found a true socialist paradise. Therefore Marx despises oppressors like the New Confederacy, the Devine Church or Refugium. The latter two are especially despicable as religion is the jet of the people, or something like that, and Uncle Marx wrote this in his pamphlet "The manifested communist".

pre:
Name: Marx Lenin Molotov 
Eyes: Blue Hair: Blonde Appearance: Looks very young. Baby faced idealist.  

BASE STATS (Sum to 40)
ST   5 [=0] [1/5/10]
PE   6 [+1] [1/5/10]
EN   5 [=0] [1/5/10]
CH   7 [+2] [1/5/10]
IN   5 [=0] [1/5/10]
AG   7 [+2] [1/5/10]
LK   5 [=0] [1/5/10]

DERIVED STATS
HP: 30 (Max hp 5/level)
AC: 7     (AG + Armor)
Normal:  0DR 0DT 0Armor
Laser:   0DR 0DT 0Armor
Fire:    0DR 0DT 0Armor
Plasma:  0DR 0DT 0Armor
Explode: 0DR 0DT 0Armor
Melee Damage: 1       (ST-1, Min 1)
Poison Resist: 25%    (ENx5)
Rad Resist: 10%       (ENx2)
Gas Resist: 0/0        (Gear: Inhale/Contact)
Action Points: 8      (1/2AG+5)
Sequence: 12          (2xPE)
Healing Rate: 5       (EN)
Crit Chance: 5%       (Luck + Skills)

SKILLS (Tag 3)
*Small Guns     53        5%+(4xAG)+20(tagged)
Big Guns        14        0%+(2xAG)
Energy Weapons  14        0%+(2xAG)
Unarmed         54       30%+(2x(AG+ST))
Melee Weapons   44       20%+(2x(AG+ST))
Throwing        28        0%+(4xAG)
First Aid       26        0%+(2x(PE+AG))
Doctor          16        5%+(PE+EN)
Sneak           26        5%+(3xAG)
Lockpick        23       10%+(PE+AG)
Steal           21        0%+(3xAG)
Traps           23       10%+(PE+AG)
Science         20        0%+(4xIN)
*Repair         35        0%+(3xIN)+20(tagged)
Pilot           26        0%+(2x(AG+PE))
*Speech         55        0%+(5xCH)+20 (tagged)
Barter          28        0%+(4xCH)
Gambling        20        0%+(4xLK)
Outdoorsman     20        0%+(2x(EN+IN))

TRAITS
- Bloody Mess: By some strange twist of fate, people around you die violently.

WEAPONS

Pipe Rifle
Ammo: 10 mm
Rnds: 1 Burst: N/A Min. ST: 5 W: 11 lb 
Dmg: 1d8+6 (FMJ) / 1d6+6 (JHP -10DR) / 1d4+6 (AP -10AC) Rng: 20
AP: 2 / - / - (Single, Target, Burst)

Hatchet
Ammo: N/A mm
Rnds: N/A Burst: N/A Min. ST: 2 W: 2 lb 
Dmg: 1d12+1 Rng: 1
AP: 3 / 4 / - (Single, Target, Burst)

Sling
Ammo: Rock
Rnds: 1 Burst: N/A Min. ST: 5 W: 2lb 
Dmg: 1d10 Rng: 10
AP: 3 / 4 / - (Single, Target, Burst)

EQUIPMENT (15 / 150 lbs)
Starting funds: 10*7*5= 350 Caps
350 Caps - 305 = 25 Caps
ITEM                       Wt.   Cost
Pipe Rifle                 11    200
20 rounds 10mm FMJ         N/A   15
20 rounds 10mm AP          N/A   20
Healing Powder             N/A   50
Hatchet                    2     25
Sling                      2     20

Commissar Kip fucked around with this message at 11:38 on May 25, 2013

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Piell posted:

Any chance of you running this game with a system that isn't 100% ported from a video game and thus incredibly overcomplicated and difficult to use? Spycraft 2.0 is pretty cool, for example.

Have you ever actually played in this system? It's not really that complicated. It's just D%.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Combat would likely still take forever (due to having to do several bits of math just to account for armor reduction, among other things) on tabletop, but I think it's just on the edge of reasonable for pbp.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Jolinaxas posted:

Combat would likely still take forever (due to having to do several bits of math just to account for armor reduction, among other things) on tabletop, but I think it's just on the edge of reasonable for pbp.

It really isn't all that bad. I tabletopped this through fictional Chicago and Tennessee. It is a bit "bulky" and there are inconsistencies(character specifics, we'll iron out before game starts), but it isn't as sluggish as it would appear.

You have a fixed amount of action points to expend each round, so you're either planning to A. do long range damage, B. do melee damage or C. Anything non-combat related, and each of these have very specific action point costs. In other words, you do what you're going to do and you're done.

An example: Beth, the Brotherhood Initiate wants to spend her turn reloading her plasma pistol, crouching and then firing. She has 8 AP. First she reloads for 2AP, Next she crouches for 2AP, then she takes one shot for 4AP. Her attack was successful so she rolls her damage and comes up with 12, unfortunately the raider she was firing at has no DT or DR against plasma in his leather jacket, so he takes the full impact of her attack and is converted into a molecular goop on the arid soil.

You have to keep in mind, you and your enemies don't have a lot of DT/DR so many times, if you hit, you just hit. I'd say things can get complicated on burst weaponry, like from a SMG, but yeah for PbP it'll be fine.

-----

Piell posted:

It's a bit "crunchy" at times, but for the most part it runs relatively smoothly. It isn't a complete port, most of the games S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system is ported over, but it definitely has been adapted for tabletop, the game just lacks the grace that a good editing staff would bring since it is fan made. All in all, it's not that hard to play once the game gets going.

-----

Ryuujin posted:

Hmm I thought the Deathclaw entry in the core book listed a damage value for their claw, but now I am not seeing it. Is it 1d10+10+MD then? That is actually pretty good. For the Dixie Deathclaw I thought 3d8 was the damage the NPC Dixie Deathclaw's claw did, that said Type D poison is nasty doing 4 points of damage a round unless the target passes a Endurance check.

The Dixie Deathclaw always has exactly 6 Strength? Looks like most of the stats are pretty similar, except Strength being lower than even the Intelligent Deathclaw, and Agility having a 2 higher max.

Yeah I noticed a lot of races had things like radiation, gas, or poison resistance and that those are in a lower section. The weird part was that the Deathclaw entry said that they got 4 Damage Threshold to Normal, Fire and Explosion as well as 20% resistance to those. This would make me assume that it is DT 4 for those three, and DR 20% for them. But while that was in the text in a small box afterwards it says they have the following DT/DR bonuses: N 5/15, L 3/10, F, 0/0, P 3/10, and E 2/10. So since those numbers are rather different than the ones mentioned in the text I was wondering if they were added together or something.

If they aren't added together then the Dixie Deathclaw definitely has some better resistances. In fact the Dixie Deathclaw has better radiation and poison resistance for sure. I am tempted by the Dixie version, but that is a rather low Strength max.

EDIT: Man Gifted plus low Intelligence means really pathetic skills per level. A person with IN 10 would be getting 25 skill points a level, the current build I am looking at would get 4.

Yeah, they do have fixed stats, but like I said since they never adopted that for Player Characters(two different authors), I'll be creating a "rules shiv" if you decide you want to be a Dixieclaw, those attributes I provided are ones I decided on, but I'm up for discussion on it. I'll sit down during this 3 day weekend I have and work on it.

-----

To the new submissions & people with sheets already in: I'll sit down tonight and review them. Thanks for your interest.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I've never played any kind of traditional game like this, or even seen one played. I'm not big into the Orc/Dwarf theme that seems to be the main style they follow. I've played the poo poo out of fallout though, and I could definitely get into this if starting with no idea what is going on isn't too much of a burden. If there's space, I've already got an idea of a direction to go with a character. I'm on the forums daily, so I can be active, but that's about all I bring to the table. :shrug: I don't have crazy dice (which the core rules said was required for every player) or anything else that is traditional game specific, so I can really only play if it's just keeping up with what's going on and posting. The learning curve would probably make this more fun for me just because of the uncharted territory aspect, but if it'd be a major pain in the rear end for everyone, I'd rather pass for now.

Went to Hell
Oct 29, 2011
Here we go: Mossman the lonesome nuclear repair-Ghoul. I think I did it all correctly. Skill totals do not reflect equipment bonuses, so my Lockpick skill will be 41%, and Repair will be 50%.

Can I have a five-string banjo with three unbroken strings for flavor? Mossman likes to comb the wasteland for functional string replacements. He's not a very good banjo player, but he's getting better.

Mossman hails from Mictlan, the largest Ghoul settlement in Tennessee. Mossman has vague recollections of his pre-nuclear life as a technician at the power plant in Mictlan, and spent much of his post-nuclear life trying to minimize the radiation leak. Obviously, he had his work cut out for him.

After decades of growing dissatisfaction with the infighting among the five Ghoul factions of Mictlan, Mossman decided he'd had enough. He packed his meager belongings, said goodbye to his friends, and struck out on his own, finding work as a repairman, and specializing in the maintenance and patchwork of nuclear reactors. Mossman hopes to someday earn acceptance among the "Normies" by demonstrating his value as a rad-resistant Ghoul with technical aptitude.

Given that about half the Wasteland wants to enslave him while the other half wants to kill him, Mossman does not expect that day to come any time soon.

Picture coming soon. I don't have PMs, but I can be reached at wenttohell (dot) sa (at) gmail (dot) com.

Edit: Added backstory and email address.

Edit 2: Updated character sheet.

Edit 3: Added character pic.

Went to Hell fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 27, 2013

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Volkerball posted:

I've never played any kind of traditional game like this, or even seen one played. I'm not big into the Orc/Dwarf theme that seems to be the main style they follow. I've played the poo poo out of fallout though, and I could definitely get into this if starting with no idea what is going on isn't too much of a burden. If there's space, I've already got an idea of a direction to go with a character. I'm on the forums daily, so I can be active, but that's about all I bring to the table. :shrug: I don't have crazy dice (which the core rules said was required for every player) or anything else that is traditional game specific, so I can really only play if it's just keeping up with what's going on and posting. The learning curve would probably make this more fun for me just because of the uncharted territory aspect, but if it'd be a major pain in the rear end for everyone, I'd rather pass for now.

I'll help you get setup and I feel bad for assuming everyone knows the format and such. You can use Orokos.com to make your rolls, it tracks rolls and you can link them as well. I'll go into more detail about it and character creation in a bit. Currently on phone and I'll need my comp.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dr.Idle posted:

I'll help you get setup and I feel bad for assuming everyone knows the format and such. You can use Orokos.com to make your rolls, it tracks rolls and you can link them as well. I'll go into more detail about it and character creation in a bit. Currently on phone and I'll need my comp.

Ah, don't feel bad. I've skimmed a handful of threads in here, and I haven't seen anyone who didn't already know all this stuff. After work tomorrow I'm off for a few days, so I should be able to get up to speed. Thanks for the help.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Volkerball posted:

Ah, don't feel bad. I've skimmed a handful of threads in here, and I haven't seen anyone who didn't already know all this stuff. After work tomorrow I'm off for a few days, so I should be able to get up to speed. Thanks for the help.

This system is a little strange, and I feel like the character creation isn't well-documented. Or, it is, but the directions are spread out across the entire core book instead of concisely in one place. It's a lot like making a normal Fallout character, but you get a little bit of starting gear that you choose and you have to do the skill math for yourself. Here's my best attempt at summarizing:

0. Download the PDFs from the original post.

1. Pick a race. It lists what stats you have, their minimum, their maximum, and their average (or 'starting') value.

2. Adjust your stats; their total should sum up to 40 (for humans) and they must respect the min/max of your race. Basically, you get +5 to distribute among your stats, but you can subtract as much as you'd like (so long as you stay within your min/max), so it should work out to Sum(Base)+5, which is a total of 40 for humans. (Traits can modify these later, but that's less important now.)

3. Copy/paste a character sheet. I'd recommend the one I posted, but mostly because I think it's easier to read / modify than the ones before mine.

4. On the RHS of all of the skills and derived stats is a small formula for computing it. Just use the relevant stats.
I didn't write the Base HP down, but it's listed somewhere and you can always figure it out later.
If something says 'Gear' next to it, it means it is gear-derived so don't worry for now.

5. 'Tag' three skills. These skills get +20 added to them for being tagged, and your character will be better at them. Also, they will level up faster.

6. Pick 0, 1, or 2 traits from the traits section of the book. Each describes what to change according.

7. Compute your starting caps (10xLuckxCharisma) and look through the Equipment guide. Try to find stuff you can afford that seems useful. A lot of it is painfully expensive and we're really broke starting characters, so I wouldn't stress too much. (I couldn't even really afford a pistol with my starting caps and I'm trying to play a gunslinger.) You always start out broke and poorly armed in Fallout, right? If it conveys armor, that's what goes in the Normal/Laser/Fire/Plasma/Explosive part of the sheet, and it should clearly line up.

If you want to message me, I will happily help you with stuff (and I'm sure Dr. Idle will, too).

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 26, 2013

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
@Ryuujin - I realize now that I read one of your original questions wrong. What is listed in the paragraph text is a definite conflict of what is listed for the DT/DR Bonuses. It looks like they are trying to establish those as the base scores and add the bottom section as bonuses, but that almost seems excessive.

N: 9/35 | L: 3/10 | F: 4/20 | P: 3/10 | E: 6/30

Well, that doesn't seem too bad. It seems like it's incomplete or not described clearly enough, but I want to say it is just added together. Deathclaws are supposed to be some of the toughest, fiercest creatures in the wastes so I could rationalize those resistances. At best, tweak them down just a little if it seemed to be too much.

-----

@QuantumNinja - Beautiful rundown of the character creation process. I know it is all over the place, and I apologize to everyone for not having broken it down better in the OP.

drat, Jackie Reed sounds cool.

Base Stats
I see you put +5 on AG, but I see the 9, just adjust that to 10 and you're good to go on attributes, unless you want to move it somewhere else. All in all, got 1 point left to spend.

Derived Stats
HP I show, should be 30, 5 / LVL is good though.
AC should be at 10(unless you put that pt. somewhere else).
Crit Chance should be 5%
You should have 10 AP if your AG is actually 10.

Skills
All effected by agility will need to be reworked unless you adjust another attribute and then same thing with that attribute.

Traits
Check out! Deadly combination of traits for a level one gunslinger.

Everything Else
Checks out! Let me know if you have any questions or if I missed something, but yeah looks good!

-----

@Commisar Kip - Haha, sounds like Marx Molotov is equipped for the weird wasteland.

Equipment
I show you should have 20 Caps remaining, but everything else checks out!

-----

@Went to Hell - You can definitely have a five-string banjo with three unbroken strings haha.

Derived Attributes
You have 28 HP. (15 + (4 + (7 x 2))) - 5

The electronic lockpick that yields the +20 bonus is 250 caps, you can get 20 bobby pins and buy everything else you have, and still have 20 caps left over for fliff money. The bobby pins will only grant a +1 bonus when you use one, and they can break, but it's better than nothing :shrug:

Your jumpsuit also grants you some resistance DT/DR that you'll want to fill out.

Other than that, I think everything checks out!

-----

@Volkerball - So yeah, QuantumNinja broke down that process pretty excellently. As far as dice are concerned in game, like I said, I use Orokos.com. It is without a doubt my favorite online dice roller and makes it easy to accomplish big rolls, etc.

As far as character creation is concerned, it's pretty much just allocating points. No matter what race you pick, you have 5 points to add from your racial averages. For example, Went to Hell has attributes 3, 7, 6, 3, 9, 7 and 7 before gifted. Mossman the Ghoul, has his PErception and CHarisma lowered from average bringing the total points he has to spend up to 7. He puts one in ENdurance, three points in INtelligence and three points in AGility. All 7 points spent, he also took the gifted perk which reduced his skill scores, but improved all of his primary attributes by one.

So that plays out kind of like the game. Human's are the easiest to create, but don't feel intimidated from rolling another race, but yeah as long as your scores fall within the max/min values for your race and you don't spend more than 5 points increasing attributes from average, unless you lower something to compensate.

After that, all of your secondary attributes are derived from those values with basic arithmetic and its just filling in the blanks at that point.

But again, just let me know if you need help outside of that. PMs and doctoridlesa@gmail.com

-----

Looking good! I'm glad you've all taken the challenge of pushing through the initial confusion and have put forth some really cool characters. It's going to be a good time.

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 05:54 on May 26, 2013

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Once a special program was developed to instill intelligence into the common Deathclaw. Resulting in a slightly weaker Deathclaw variant. Yet the variant did prove to be more intelligent than the common Deathclaw. And then the base where they were created was destroyed. Two of the enhanced Deathclaws managed to escape. One went on to help a Wanderer. The other headed East and mated with less intelligent Deathclaws.

Therax is descended from this intelligent Deathclaw. Not as smart as some of the variant got, but capable of a odd form of speech, and more intelligent than a normal Deathclaw could ever hope to be. A little smaller than some of his fellows he made up for it with viciousness and cleverness.

Though poorly conveyed Therax had heard legends of the albino Deathclaw that had actually gone on adventures, traveling with the Wanderer. Filled with a desire to explore in his short life Therax followed suit, throwing the cheapest robe he could find over his form to conceal it from prying eyes and went out in search of his own Wanderer to travel with.

pre:
Name: Therax
Age:  04    Sex: M      Race: Deathclaw      Weight: 400 lbs
Eyes: Black  Hair: None Appearance: Thick scaly hide, terrible claws, sleek horns
XP:  855

BASE STATS (Sum to 49, 40 +1 to each, +2 ST)
ST   11 [+5] [6/6/12]
PE    5 [-2] [5/7/12]
EN   11 [+6] [1/5/11]
CH    1 [=0] [1/1/3]
IN    5 [=0] [1/5/8]
AG   15 [+8] [6/7/16]
LK    1 [-3] [1/4/10]

DERIVED STATS
HP: 48    (3 + [1/2 EN] + 2  = 10 / LVL)
AC: 15%   (AG + Armor)
Carry Weight: 300 Lbs (25 + 25xStr)
Melee Damage: 11      (ST-5+5, Min 1)
Poisin Resist: 55%    (ENx5)
Rad Resist: 22%       (ENx2)
Gas Resist: 0/30      (Inhale/Contact)
Elec. Resist: 0%
Dmg. Threshold Normal:    9
Dmg. Threshold Laser:     3
Dmg. Threshold Fire:      4
Dmg. Threshold Plasma:    3
Dmg. Threshold Explosion: 6
Dmg. Resist Normal:  - 35%
Dmg. Resist Laser:   - 10%
Dmg. Resist Fire:    - 20%
Dmg. Resist Plasma:  - 10%
Dmg. Resist Explode: - 30%
Action Points: 10     (1/2AG+5(round down)-2(Bruiser))
Sequence: 10          (2xPE)
Healing Rate: 11       (EN)
Crit Chance: 1%       (Luck + Skills)

SKILLS (Tag 3)
Small Guns       55        5+(4xAG)-10 (Gifted)
Big Guns         20        0%+(2xAG)-10 (Gifted)
Energy Weapons   20        0%+(2xAG)-10 (Gifted)
*Unarmed         92       30%+(2x(AG+ST))+20 (tagged)-10 (Gifted)
Melee Weapons    62       20%+(2x(AG+ST)-10 (Gifted)
Throwing         50        0%+(4xAG)-10 (Gifted)
First Aid        30        0%+(2x(PE+AG))-10 (Gifted)
Doctor           11        5%+(PE+EN)-10 (Gifted)
*Sneak           60        5%+(3xAG)+20(tagged)-10 (Gifted)
Lockpick         20       10%+(PE+AG)-10 (Gifted)
Steal            35        0%+(3xAG)-10 (Gifted)
Traps            20       10%+(PE+AG)-10 (Gifted)
Science          10        0%+(4xIN)-10 (Gifted)
Repair           05        0%+(3xIN)-10 (Gifted)
Pilot            30        0%+(2x(AG+PE))-10 (Gifted)
Speech           -5        0%+(5xCH)-10 (Gifted)
Barter           -6        0%+(4xCH)-10 (Gifted)
Gambling         -6        0%+(4xLK)-10 (Gifted)
Outdoorsman      42        0%+(2x(EN+IN))+20 (tagged)-10 (Gifted)

TRAITS
- Deathclaw: +5 melee damage
- Deathclaw: 0/30 Gas Resist
- Deathclaw: 20% Resistance to Normal, Fire and Explosion damage.
- Deathclaw: +4 Damage Threshold to Normal, Fire and Explosion damage.
- Deathclaw: +5 bonus to Damage Threshold to Normal?, 3 to Laser, 3 to Plasma and 2 to Explosion.  Yeah
- Deathclaw: +15% bonus to Damage Resistance to Normal, +10% to Laser, Plasma and to Explosion.  Yeah again.
- Deathclaw: Perk every 4 levels.
- Deathclaw: +2 Hit Points every level
- Gifted:    -10% to all skills, -5 skill points a level, +1 to all attributes.
- Bruiser:   +2 ST, -2 AP.

WEAPONS

DEATHCLAW CLAW
Ammo: N/A
Rnds: N/A Burst: N/A Min. ST: 1 W: 1 lb 
Dmg: 1d10+10+MD Rng: 1
AP: 3 / - / - (Single, Target, Burst)

EQUIPMENT (12 / 150 lbs)
275 Caps
ITEM            Wt.   Cost
patchwork burlap cloak
4 bottles of clean water
2 flares

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 18, 2013

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Dr.Idle posted:

@QuantumNinja - Beautiful rundown of the character creation process. I know it is all over the place, and I apologize to everyone for not having broken it down better in the OP.

drat, Jackie Reed sounds cool.

Base Stats
I see you put +5 on AG, but I see the 9, just adjust that to 10 and you're good to go on attributes, unless you want to move it somewhere else. All in all, got 1 point left to spend.

Thanks! I shuffled my stats around a bit after making my character, but evidently forgot to redo some of the derived stats mathematics. Everything should be in proper order now. I can't wait to play!

Went to Hell
Oct 29, 2011

Dr.Idle posted:

@Went to Hell - You can definitely have a five-string banjo with three unbroken strings haha.

Derived Attributes
You have 28 HP. (15 + (4 + (7 x 2))) - 5

The electronic lockpick that yields the +20 bonus is 250 caps, you can get 20 bobby pins and buy everything else you have, and still have 20 caps left over for fliff money. The bobby pins will only grant a +1 bonus when you use one, and they can break, but it's better than nothing :shrug:

Your jumpsuit also grants you some resistance DT/DR that you'll want to fill out.

Other than that, I think everything checks out!

Thanks for double-checking my character sheet. I'll have a corrected version uploaded shortly.

The lockpick set I wanted to buy is not the electronic lockpick, but the standard lockpick on page 45. Hope that checks out, otherwise I'll grab those bobby pins, as you suggested.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Went to Hell posted:

Thanks for double-checking my character sheet. I'll have a corrected version uploaded shortly.

The lockpick set I wanted to buy is not the electronic lockpick, but the standard lockpick on page 45. Hope that checks out, otherwise I'll grab those bobby pins, as you suggested.

I apologize for goofing, yeah you're good with the lockpick set on 45. My bad.

Disclaimer: While I will try to be accurate in what I tell you, there is that chance that I'll gently caress up, so don't hesitate to call it out.

-----

@Ryuujin - There is one thing that may dissuade you from the deathclaw, but maybe not... Deathclaws can never use melee weapons and never have armor. Now if you're ok with this, I'm ok with this. I'm also ok with potentially adding plot to increase the abilities of your deathclaw. I only bring this up because I see you have melee weapon skill tagged.

For sure, just by what you have... you'd probably one shot commoners and wreak serious havoc on anyone trying to stand against you, but you're almost handicapped because you're a semi-feral mutant lizard.

Let me know your thoughts on this, but the sheet looks good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Melee is tagged to get it high enough for some perks, since some of the perks that might help me require high melee. Still not sure if I will actually take them though.

I need to go over the perks again, see which ones require melee, like Ninja, and see if they are worth it. Otherwise I might try and tag something else. Maybe one of my negative skills.

EDIT: Okay to try and work things better I switched from regular Deathclaw to Intelligent Deathclaw. Changed some maximums and averages. Basically ST went down 2 to 11, EN went down 1 to 11, and IN went up 3 to 5. Which should give it average Intelligence. That said CH is still 1 and being gifted still imposes a penalty on skills, so Speech, Barter and Gambling are all still negative. But now I get considerably more skill points a level. Also switched Tag on Melee to Outdoorsman. Ninja was the only perk I was looking at that actually required Melee.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 27, 2013

• Locked thread