Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Supercar Gautier posted:

As far as I'm concerned, if the VC has at least one game worth getting each week, then that's fine. So far so good!

Hell, in the case of this week every game is worth getting. Its pretty neat that they put out all three SNES Kirby games (Avalanche doesn't really count and we never got SFC Star Stacker.)

Next week will be good automatically thanks to Oracles, but if we get some more good Wii U releases that'd be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Avalanche is Puyo Puyo, is Star Stacker just a Kirby skin of Tetris Attack? Or Wario Wood?

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth

greatn posted:

Avalanche is Puyo Puyo, is Star Stacker just a Kirby skin of Tetris Attack? Or Wario Wood?
Star Stacker isn't a clone of anything I know of.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Remember that the 3DS didn't even launch with its eShop and now it's looking pretty ok. The WiiU VC will be fine, given time.

Well, the 3DS vc is still terrible, and the Wii vc is terrible, so I wasn't really hoping too hard.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Has the UK/Eu prices for Oracle of Ages/Seasons been released yet? I've been looking online and I can only find the American prices

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Can someone tell me about these Kirby games? KDL3 is a regular Kirby game, Super Star is a bunch of different games, and Dream Course is...golf? Are they all actually worthwhile?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Zeeman posted:

Can someone tell me about these Kirby games? KDL3 is a regular Kirby game, Super Star is a bunch of different games, and Dream Course is...golf? Are they all actually worthwhile?

Dreamland 3 and Super Star are two of the best Kirby games, so they're definitely worth getting. Dream Course is an interesting take on golf with Kirby's transformation powers incorporated, and I think it's a lot of fun despite never enjoying a golf video game in my life.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zeeman posted:

Kirby Super Star is like a regular Kirby game broken up into multiple separate Kirby games. I think they're all worth it but Super Star if you have to choose.

There's also an improved version of Super Star on the DS.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Has the UK/Eu prices for Oracle of Ages/Seasons been released yet? I've been looking online and I can only find the American prices

You can bet your life on it being 1$ = 1€

Unless you're UK in which case I dunno, but I think it's usually something like $5 = £4

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Amppelix posted:

You can bet your life on it being 1$ = 1€

Unless you're UK in which case I dunno, but I think it's usually something like $5 = £4

Yeah i'm in the U.K, that's why I ask because we usually get screwed over in the exchange rate :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
As a rule, the the EU price is a 1:1 conversion of the US price (ie $4.99 = €4.99), and the UK price is around 90% of the EU price (so €4.99 = £4.49).

Anyway, Mega Man X has been confirmed for next week, so I guess the total VC schedule is:

Mega Man X (SNES)
Ghosts 'n Goblins (NES)
Spelunker (NES)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Mega Man X? Sweet!

I hope Capcom pulls off a Super Capcom sale.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Mega Man X (SNES)

I can't wait for the Miiverse to prove Sequelitis wrong about how the intro stage teaches even a blithering idiot the mechanics of the game without spelling them out.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't wait for the Miiverse to prove Sequelitis wrong about how the intro stage teaches even a blithering idiot the mechanics of the game without spelling them out.

y cant mega man crawl?

Or shoot up, for that matter.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

Boten Anna posted:

y cant mega man crawl?

y cant mega man shot reel gun like call of dooty

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Boten Anna posted:

y cant mega man crawl?

Edoraz posted:

y cant mega man shot reel gun like call of dooty

how do o beat this guy

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

If your using £, do not buy the Denpa Men it is the wrong price.

Now to try and get a refund from Nintendo :suicide:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

KimT posted:

how do o beat this guy

You're being rather generous. I'm wondering if folks will figure out that whole wall jumping thing so early in the game.

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

Mercury Crusader posted:

You're being rather generous. I'm wondering if folks will figure out that whole wall jumping thing so early in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX8uTRZ9ppk

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

As someone who is really bad at Mega Man games, I'm guessing that I should not play Mega Man X.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

irlZaphod posted:

As someone who is really bad at Mega Man games, I'm guessing that I should not play Mega Man X.

I feel like the X series is different enough that you should consider it.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

irlZaphod posted:

Mega Man is more about platforming puzzles and figuring out the best way to navigate your environment one room at a time. Mega Man X is more of an action-based platformer that isn't nearly as slow and methodical and has an exploration element to it in some stages, but always for optional power ups.

I hate the Mega Man series, but I love X. Now if only we could get the Zero games on the 3DS VC. :getin:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The secret to success in the Mega Man X series: map dash to a trigger.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

cobalt impurity posted:

Mega Man is more about platforming puzzles and figuring out the best way to navigate your environment one room at a time. Mega Man X is more of an action-based platformer that isn't nearly as slow and methodical and has an exploration element to it in some stages, but always for optional power ups.

I hate the Mega Man series, but I love X. Now if only we could get the Zero games on the 3DS VC. :getin:

The Zero games are available as a DS collection! :eng101:

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Supercar Gautier posted:

The secret to success in the Mega Man X series: map dash to a trigger.

No just contort your fingers so you can press the A button, trust me I am an expert.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The Machine posted:

No just contort your fingers so you can press the A button, trust me I am an expert.

On the Wii U you can bind Dash to ZL and still use the bumpers to switch weapons!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

I always had difficulty with Mega Man proper, but found X to be quite manageable. Start with Chill Penguin.

Raften
May 20, 2007
Cognates! They stay crunchy, even in milk!
I thought you could just double tap left or right to dash in MMX. To be honest that doesn't work at all for some of the wall jumps you need to do, but I learned how to do it as a kid because I wasn't very smart back then.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It works, but it's less instantaneous and doesn't work for all techniques. It's just better to have it as an instant button that you can conveniently access without taking your thumb off jump and shoot (especially in X2 and X3 when you get air dashing).

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Bongo Bill posted:

I always had difficulty with Mega Man proper, but found X to be quite manageable. Start with Chill Penguin.

Do Chill Penguin last :getin:

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

irlZaphod posted:

Worse comes to worst you can just abuse save states :unsmigghh:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I did that my last runthrough of the game and it considerably freshened up the experience.

I'd do it first on a first runthrough though as the Dash isn't available to begin with in X1.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Oh god you may have convinced me to buy it just to gimp myself for 7 whole stages. Plus it's fun to play through his stage after the Airship crashes.

For those with Deluxe Wii U's can you use the code you get from purchasing 50 dollars worth of games on your 3DS? I think I will be getting one soon and would love to use it for Zelda.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Spiffster posted:

Oh god you may have convinced me to buy it just to gimp myself for 7 whole stages. Plus it's fun to play through his stage after the Airship crashes.

For those with Deluxe Wii U's can you use the code you get from purchasing 50 dollars worth of games on your 3DS? I think I will be getting one soon and would love to use it for Zelda.

Yes, you can use the code to fund your 3DS wallet, but you can't earn anything from buying things on 3DS.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Yes, you can use the code to fund your 3DS wallet, but you can't earn anything from buying things on 3DS.

Figured as much, but I wanted the oracle games on the 3ds and this will allow me to nab them up.

Just redeemed the code on it and waiting for when it becomes available now.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of May 30):

quote:

WII U eShop
    Chasing Aurora - €6.49 / £5.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Ghosts 'n Goblins (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
WII VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    King of Fighters '98 (Neo-Geo) - 900 Points
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    50% off Ghosts 'n Goblins if you own Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts! (Wii U VC) - available May 30-June 6
    Toki Tori 2 (Wii U eShop) - €11.24 from May 30-June 6
    30% off Kirby Super Star/Dream Course if you own Kirby's Adventure! (Wii U VC) - ends May 30
    BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Wii U eShop) - €8.99 / £8.00 until May 30
    Super Metroid (SNES VC Trial Campaign) - €0.30 / £0.30 until June 14

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - €39.99 / £34.99
3DS eSHOP
    THE "DENPA" MEN 2: Beyond the Waves - €9.99 / £8.99
    SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (GBC) - €5.99 / £5.39
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC) - €5.99 / £5.39
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (3DS VC) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 20
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (3DS VC) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 20
    The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave (3DS eShop) - 20% off until May 30
    Aero Porter (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until May 30
    Crimson Shroud (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until May 30
    Liberation Maiden (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until May 30
    Planet Crashers (3DS eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until May 30

(no MMX/Spelunker, those dates must be NA-only)

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Hmm.... So when are we getting Dream Land 3?

I really hope this isn't going to become a NA Dream Land 2 deal where it's just never released for practically no reason. Like the could of released them in the same weeks they were released in their respective region, but they just didn't.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Heh, Mario and Sonic 2012 a year after it came out at full price. Classic. As for Kirby 3, either they will release it as part of some "arcane games of foreign shores far, far away!" promotion at a higher price, or not at all.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo NA dudes, Etrian Odyssey 4 may or may not be on sale on the 3DS eShop right now. Can someone check and confirm/deny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yo NA dudes, Etrian Odyssey 4 may or may not be on sale on the 3DS eShop right now. Can someone check and confirm/deny?

Says $29.99 for me.