Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Goddammit Sif, armor your legs. The femoral artery is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Is Ryan Sook the artist on Sif? Who is it?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

Is Ryan Sook the artist on Sif? Who is it?

Valerio Schiti.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

TwoPair posted:

Valerio Schiti.

You can't look at that art and tell me it's Schiti. :rimshot:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Adventure Time 16 is uh...

Yeah. :stare:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
There IS something broken with you, Ice King. :smith:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Bombadilillo posted:

Sif fought in space with Thor and Beta Ray Bill in the Simonson run. She didnt need one.

Tony Stark provided her a space suit and to not wear it would have been rude. :colbert:

(seriously it's the best rationale I've got)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Look, do you have any idea the kind of havoc exposure to hard vacuum and unfiltered solar radiation does to your skin and hair?

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

I... I don't remember Asgardians being 7 foot tall. :stare:

caboodle
Oct 28, 2009

Wapole Languray posted:

But you haven't actually met any, have you???

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So... should I start from the beginning of this whole Sif run, or is the newest issue a good jumping on point?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

404GoonNotFound posted:

So... should I start from the beginning of this whole Sif run, or is the newest issue a good jumping on point?

The new ish is a good jumping-on point, but the beginning of Sif's role as JiM's star was only six issues ago and was a pretty good story, so I's recommend picking it up - not because it's necessary, but because it's good and more people need to have read it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

The new ish is a good jumping-on point, but the beginning of Sif's role as JiM's star was only six issues ago and was a pretty good story, so I's recommend picking it up - not because it's necessary, but because it's good and more people need to have read it.

This is true. Marvel has been killing it with their C-List characters. Who'd have thought I'd be reading and ENJOYING a book staring Sif?!

EDIT: Especially when this is directly following Gillien's Kid Loki run.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Plutonis posted:

Hahaha seriously? I'm loving Posehn on 'Pool, but if there's someone i'd like to be a main Deadpool writer, i'd pick Chris Hastings.

If you haven't read it he also wrote Deadpool's fear itself mini, it's pretty funny.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

From Wha...Huh? I'm pretty sure.

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

Wapole Languray posted:

http://couchlocked.com/comic-snark/comics/emothor-grabs-a-blanket/

Scroll down about halfway and you'll see Hela was easily 7 foot tall way back when. But maybe she's unique, I dunno.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Who's the artist on this?

VVVVVV
EDIT: Thanks, I like it!

Uthor fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 25, 2013

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Mahfood.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mahfood owns.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Deadpool #8

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

smashpro1 posted:

Deadpool #8

Man, Deadpool totally knows. I can't decide if that would be a great way for Ock to get found out or not, having Deadpool use meta-knowledge to just flatly state it. Then again, who would believe him?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What's Deadpool doing in the second panel? Just saving the artist from having to draw backgrounds?

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

The Lone Badger posted:

What's Deadpool doing in the second panel? Just saving the artist from having to draw backgrounds?

Popping smoke grenades.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think the question was really "why is Deadpool popping smoke grenades for no apparent reason?" and with Deadpool the answer is always "because fighting in smoke is badass".

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I feel really stupid, but could somebody explain the joke to me? Is it that the question is really spergy and the hottub guy doesn't care?

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

TwoPair posted:

I feel really stupid, but could somebody explain the joke to me? Is it that the question is really spergy and the hottub guy doesn't care?

That's the Watcher, and I think the joke is there really wouldn't be any noticeable difference.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

TwoPair posted:

It's making fun of how almost all What If...? stories inevitably end, with some large event changed in the history of a character, and instead of exploring how different the person's life would have been, things end up pretty much the same regardless. Because fate, or lazy writers, or something.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I love that page. It's up there with the panel of X-force Deadpool going "woah woah, stop right there. nobody cares about the tragic history of your doomed alternate reality" for summing up my main pet peeves when it comes to alternate timelines.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

TwoPair posted:

The Watcher, when presented with this arcane query about a presumed divergent reality, does not give a poo poo what the divergent reality would look like because gently caress, dude, that's a lame-rear end question.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Chinaman7000 posted:

I love that page. It's up there with the panel of X-force Deadpool going "woah woah, stop right there. nobody cares about the tragic history of your doomed alternate reality" for summing up my main pet peeves when it comes to alternate timelines.

It's 'doomed fake reality' or some such, which is even funnier and more prescient. That kind of fourth wall breaking is a lot better for Deadpool than him winking at the storyboard artist or whatever bullshit.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Picklepuss posted:

http://couchlocked.com/comic-snark/comics/emothor-grabs-a-blanket/

Scroll down about halfway and you'll see Hela was easily 7 foot tall way back when. But maybe she's unique, I dunno.

Woah, Hela looks way hella stylish when she goes to Earth and starts wasting muggers.

In fact, once they're done with Sif, it'd be cool to see a Hela run in JiM.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Sentinel Red posted:

Woah, Hela looks way hella stylish when she goes to Earth and starts wasting muggers.

In fact, once they're done with Sif, it'd be cool to see a Hela run in JiM.

Hel and Sif team up. It'd be great. And yeah, no joke, Hela's stylish as heck. It'd be cool to see more tasteful fashion adopted by artists in comics for characters.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Source/context: :psyduck:

Aw, dang. I thought I was a true marvelite. :saddowns:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Eeevil posted:

That's the Watcher, and I think the joke is there really wouldn't be any noticeable difference.

Ohhhh. I just didn't catch that it was the Watcher.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Jerusalem posted:

He's magic as well, isn't he? So Superman should be on the backfoot up against him.

Edit:

I always got a kick out of Superman's surprised,"Bill...?" face after being unexpectedly punched in the face. Source is JLA 29, from the Grant Morrison/Howard Porter run. I can't remember the specific storyline, other than than Captain Marvel goes to the 5th Dimension where he's represented quite cleverly as a flat cutout person as opposed to the residents of that dimension.

I was looking for these the other day. If i'm remembering it right wasn't Superman really kinda condescending with the whole "Bill" thing and doing a whole "I'm doing this because nobody else can" and right before that page Billy finally was all "Don't call me Bill". I really wish Supes called him Bill 24/7. :allears:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

If you haven't read it he also wrote Deadpool's fear itself mini, it's pretty funny.

It was the one where he fought Spider-man foe The Walrus and his hammer was sought by a bunch of Werewolves, right? It really looked like a McNinja issue.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Lurdiak posted:

Obviously it was the Dragonball/Marvel crossover.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

Lurdiak posted:

I'm sorry, but for some reason, this is all I can think of:

To make up for that, here is some stuff from Scarlet Spider #17 featuring Aracely. Aracely is the quirky girl Kaine rescued early in the series. She has some odd abilities, and might be an incarnation of an Aztec deity but whatevs...

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Madrox posted:

To make up for that, here is some stuff from Scarlet Spider #17 featuring Aracely. Aracely is the quirky girl Kaine rescued early in the series. She has some odd abilities, and might be an incarnation of an Aztec deity but whatevs...

Before I scrolled up a little and saw who that was, I thought this was a team-up between the Scarlet Spider and Gamora.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

From the Mighty Titan 2 kickstarter

DIDNEYWORLB

• Locked thread