Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I'd also like to tell him everything we remember about what happened when we were four

General questions about the village:

How many people are there?

How is the village ruled? Is there a chief, or more of a council of elders or something?

How far are the neighbouring villages, and how much do we interact with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Coq au Nandos posted:

Actually, you know what? This is Guy Time. We need to have a Man Talk.

Ask Dad how to get our gently caress on.

:shepface:. You know, we've already finished the story about the god of hedonism.

e: vvv I meant to say that the wacky poo poo should be left for the sequel, and not done here where it's 10 times easier to gently caress up than the previous game (where we hosed up anyway).

ConfusedPig fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 26, 2013

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

:shepface:. You know, we've already finished the story about the god of hedonism.

Denziroh's story is never over.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Why do we braid our hair when Jalitha does not?

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Tell Dad everything then, including the circumstances around when we heard it, to the best of our memory. He might think more into it if he thinks its a big deal cause it happened when he was drowning us.......or just lead to more drownings to try clarify the message, either or.

Dad are you the High Priest of all the villages then?, How did Asherah choose our family for this, since it seems to be (ideally) hereditary?

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 26, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Seems to be going well. All the details to dad about when he almost drowned us.

Lot's of questions about life and the village, but no biggee about what gets answered. Some may have been answered and already handled, but I forgot or missed it... Apologies if so.

Some edits from going back and checking what might have been answered...

Do we ever see people from outside the village? How often and in what context?
If we die someone else will be selected from another village and sent to dad. Selected how? Do we know anything about that?
Are there activities associated with the moon besides things like when the whales show up?
Do we grow anything on land, or all seaweed? Do we have any animals at all? Pets? Birds? Lizards? Small mammals of any sort?
Are there any large land based predators we worry about?
Are there events associated with when the men go away and some don't come back? Does it happen at a regular time or associated with anything else?
Do we weave or some such for clothes? Crafts? Music? Dance? Art, besides jewelry? Are some things considered more beautiful than others?
Do we race or compete amongst ourselves in any way?
Do any forms of intoxication exist? Fermentation? Pickling? Preservation through salting and such?
Eating utensils? Fires or ovens? How do we make fire?
How do we deal with the moment of dearh? Toss bodies in the sea? Because of the things returning to Asherah and all probably the sea. Is there a ceremony?
Who takes care of sick people? Dad? Women?
Have we noticed anything about customs associated with blood and the sea? How do we feel about blood, all in all?
How are decisions made in the village? Have we ever had to defend ourselves?
Are there rites of passage we have noticed and might be thinking about?
We are studying to be asherah's priest. What are other people studying? Any other roles we notice? Boat makers? Pagam is known for stone tools yeh?
Is there marriage? Monogamy, polygamy, something else? Is there property? Some things shared and some not? Like for instance how are the fish split up? An inheritance system?
For instance we collect pearls and give them away as a sign of regard. Does trading also take place between us at all? Do we ever trade with anyone from outside the the village? Between villages? How is that done? Like, are there things that came from outside the village that are considered valuable for some reason?
How did Jal end up here? Is there a story, rumors? Do people talk about it?
Where do we believe babies come from?
Is there any sort of class distinction? Are some people considered richer or more powerful than others?
Are there sex and body taboo's or have we just seen people naked and getting it on as part of growing up?
Are certain kinds of things and behaviors considered clean and unclean?
Are there major festivals? Are there things and times of year that the whole village looks forward to?
We got this whole hair thing. Necklaces and such exist. Are people tattooed and adorned in any other ways?
We make stone tools and such. Any volcanoes around?
Are there reefs? Any lore there?
Huts? Woven strucutres? Stone structures? Have we discovered the wheel or the arch?
How do we manage fresh water? Always plenty? Store it?
Do we have a style of cooking? For instance are some people considered better cooks than others? Why? Spices or something?
Do we eat raw fish and such?

Sogol fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 26, 2013

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
To our dad:

"What would be a suitable replacement be?"

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
Ask Dad if Big Fish created all of the peoples in the world, including Jalitha's people. If not, who made the others?

Why don't we cut our hair?

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
I want to ask about hair and siblings.

Also, about witches.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

You tell your father that you thought you heard Asherah as a four year old. You pull a snail out of the rocks and drop it into the leather bag your father holds. He frowns. "Asherah does not speak to children and most certainly not to babes." He does not believe you.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

About the village:
Are there any stories about how our people came to live there?
Do we know where we came from before we found the village?
All of the villages of your people were made when Asherah spat his seed onto the land. He spat the most of it where your village is and that, is why your village is the largest. There are a string of small villages further south, yours is the largest.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Are there are any other slaves from Jalitha's people in the village?
How did she come to stay with us, and what happened to the people who traveled with her?
Jalith'a precise social status was fuzzy. Your people do not practice slavery insofar as slaves are not bought, sold, traded or taken for crimes, nor is their slavery for debts, your people not really engaging in commerce in any meaningful sense. Jalitha was found half drowned upon the shore a year before your birth. Your father claimed her as his possession in the name of Asherah, to help his newly pregnant wife keep his home clean. No one else in the village has her fuzzy status.

She lives with your uncle Jorah now, but they are not wed and she is still nominally "owned" by your father.

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Dad questions: Why don't I have any siblings? Is okay by me.

OhYo posted:

I'm still okay with "Why don't I have any siblings?"
Your father lets out a short laugh. He does indeed laugh, sometimes. "Because Asherah sought to only test me with one rebellious son and knew I could not handle a second, I imagine."

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Self questions:
When the men leave the village when they come back do they bring anything back with them? Are there any larger secluded caves around that stay above the tide? Do adults actively avoid us when we aren't doing work for them like the children avoid us?
They bring back old boys as young men. Come to think of it, it seems that women have become pregnant shortly after, but, no, they do not bring anything back.

OhYo posted:

"How many days travel to the closest village?"
You know that the next closest village, the village of Arbeh is two and a half weeks walk south along the coast.

OhYo posted:

"Is there any way to pass on the rituals besides by telling it? Maybe some way to log it to future generations?"
No. Your people have some primitive artwork with beads and some paintings on stone as well as carved fish bones, but they have no writting of any sort.

OhYo posted:

"In what way do you and Asherah wish Athar to prosper? Power, wealth, renown? All or none of these? something else entirely?"
Your father motions you to follow. You leave the rock you have been searching and move on to another one, further down the beach. You ask.
"Asherah does not care for the prosperity or suffering of our people, except that we obey his commandments. The rituals you will learn when you are a man, shall be those things most pleasing to Asherah, my son."

FoxTerrier posted:

Tell him. Also, ask how his marriage to mom came to be; I'm curious about our mother.
You reach into a crevice in another rock and begin pulling out snails. Your father frowns slightly at this question. "When it came time for me to pick my bride, Asherah declared I was to take my pick from the women of our village. And I did."

Coq au Nandos posted:

Actually, you know what? This is Guy Time. We need to have a Man Talk.

Ask Dad how to get our gently caress on.
You are already aware of the birds and the bees. There is no "talk" in your society, as such. The creation story of your people involves your god squirting his seed upon the land, literally.

the_steve posted:

What's the general population of our village?
Roughly how many children/adults/elders?

Do the villagers in general seem to be well-provided for, or are we barely scraping by?
You would count the number of people in your village as "many-lots", but there are 140 people in your village. About a third of the village are children and the rest, adults. There are few elderly people in your village.

Your people have all of the food and tools of life they could ever desire. The fish and seaweed are bountiful and there is as much as you could ever want. Your village lay within a forest of palms and other trees a few hundred feet from the beach, it is dense and gives your people all of the wood they could want. Your people have primitive care for medical problems.

Althair posted:

A question for dad: "Does anyone ever take the teachings of Ashera to other villages and cities?"
"The other villages to the south have their own priests of Asherah. Savages worship to the north worship the sun and the sky."

Althair posted:

What foods are highly prized in our village?
Shark. It is the most prized food in the village and tough to get, but taking a shark is seen as a sign of favor by Asherah. Your father sees to it at least one is caught a year, it's flesh and bones used on certain holy days.

Althair posted:

Do we know that pearls might be valuable for trade?
Your people don't trade with anyone. Your people have a vague awareness that there are other people far, far, far to the north but there is no contact between them and you. You don't trade with the other villages, you have everything you need, right here.

Rahul posted:

I'd also like to tell him everything we remember about what happened when we were four

General questions about the village:

How many people are there?
See above.

Rahul posted:

How is the village ruled? Is there a chief, or more of a council of elders or something?
Your people have a primitive concept of the division of labor and power. Each man in the village helps in the fishing, hunting and tool making and food is generally shared. A man rules his children and wife. There is no crime. There are no resources to compete over. Your father, as the priest of Asherah, helps ensure that Asherah is appeased so that your people does not starve or is otherwise destroyed, what he says is law, except your people have no concept of "laws". He does not manage the "economy" or "property" disputes because there is no economy and your people have little private property to fight over.

Rahul posted:

How far are the neighbouring villages, and how much do we interact with them?[/b]
You know that the next closest village, the village of Arbeh is two and a half weeks walk south along the coast. You sometimes exchange brides, but that is the extent of your interaction with them. You don't fight with them, there is nothing worth fighting over and you don't trade with them for the same reason.

maxhush posted:

Dad are you the High Priest of all the villages then?, How did Asherah choose our family for this, since it seems to be (ideally) hereditary?

"Each village has it's own priest my son. You will learn why our fathers were chosen for our village, when you are older."

Sogol. You asked lots of questions. I removed most of those which were answered above.

Sogol posted:

If we die someone else will be selected from another village and sent to dad. Selected how? Do we know anything about that?
Your father shakes his head. "No. If you perish, I will have another son." He frowns. "You do not give the devotion to your lessons which you should. If Asherah strikes you dead after I have passed, a replacement will be sent from another village."

Sogol posted:

Is there a moon? Are there activities associated with it?
One. It is used to time the religious festivals of your people.

Sogol posted:

Do we grow anything? Do we have any animals at all? Pets? Birds? Lizards? Small mammals of any sort?
You have no agriculture of any sort and no livestock. A few of your people keep small brightly colored birds as pets. Dolphins pass by your village for a season every year and are rather friendly, while they are in the area.

Sogol posted:

There are wolves and bears, but they stay away from the village. It is well known that there are a variety of large predatory animals deeper into the forest, away from the village.

Sogol posted:

Are there events associated with when the men go away and some don't come back? Does it happen at a regular time or associated with anything else?
It happens twice a year, at the equinox.

Sogol posted:

Do we weave or some such for clothes? Crafts? Music? Dance? Art, besides jewelry? Are some things considered more beautiful than others?
You make your clothes out of fibers taken from palm trees and leather from sea creatures. Seals can be found in the waters near your village, as well as manatees.

quote:

Do we race or compete amongst ourselves in any way?
Your people play a game with coconuts in the water which bares a shocking resemblance to water polo called Kleari.

Sogol posted:

Do any forms of intoxication exist? Fermentation? Pickling? Preservation through salting and such?
Your people do not, no.

quote:

Eating utensils? Fires or ovens? How do we make fire?
Your people make fire with flint. Your people use knives, but no other utensils.

Sogol posted:

How do we deal with death? Toss bodies in the sea? Big fires?
The dead are carried out of the village and buried by the men. The women and children never join them, it is not a task for them.

Sogol posted:

Who takes care of sick people? Dad? Women?
Wives care for their husbands and children and husbands and women, for each other. Your people have very primitive medicine.

Sogol posted:

Have we noticed anything about customs associated with blood and the sea? How do we feel about blood, all in all?
Pieces of every catch are cut up and thrown into the sea as an offering to Asherah.

Sogol posted:

Have we ever had to defend ourselves?
There is no one to defend yourself from. War does not exist among you and the other villages further south. Large predatory animals avoid the village. There is nothing to fight and your people have no training in it, though the men of your village are rather handy when it comes to throwing spears, having spent their lives fishing.

Sogol posted:

Are there rites of passage we have noticed and might be thinking about?
It occurs twice a year, on the equinox. The men take the oldest boys from the village away and they return men.

Sogol posted:

We are studying to be asherah's priest. What are other people studying? Any other roles we notice? Boat makers? Pagam is known for stone tools yeh?
Most of the people of your village fish or gather seaweed and wild growing fruit and berries. A few families have skills which they perform for the village and pass on to their children, the job is inherited father to son and mother to daughter. These specialized skills include making stone tools, boats, spears and making clothing.

Sogol posted:

Is there marriage? Is there property? Some things shared and some not? Like for instance how are the fish split up? An inheritance system?
There are marriages, your father performs them. Men and women are free to marry who they choose, unless the priest of the village, unless the village priest, your father, forces two young adults to wed, which sometimes he has done and at other times, forbidden marriages. A man owns his hut and what is inside of it, which is little. The gathering of food is a communal task. The trinkets and baubles of a father are passed to his son and of a mother, to her daughters.

Sogol posted:

Is there any sort of class distinction? Are some people considered richer or more powerful than others?
There is none. There is your father and there is everyone else.

Sogol posted:

Are there sex and body taboo's or have we just seen people naked and getting it on as part of growing up?
There are no such taboos.

Sogol posted:

Are certain kinds of things and behaviors considered clean and unclean?
It is very, very bad luck to harm a whale or a dolphin and no one eats their flesh.

Sogol posted:

We got this whole hair thing. Necklaces and such exist. Are people tattooed and adorned in any other ways?
The men of your village have a variety of tatoos. Mostly aquatically themed ones.

Sogol posted:

We make stone tools and such. Any volcanoes around?
No.

Sogol posted:

Are there reefs? Any lore there?
There are reefs. Your people believe that Smis the Great Lobster and his children live within them and that they are built by lobsters.

quote:

Huts? Woven strucutres? Stone structures? Have we discovered the wheel or the arch?
Your homes are made of a mix of stones, wood and mud and thatched by drided palm fronds. A picture of one is shown earlier in the thread.

Sogol posted:

How do we manage fresh water? Always plenty? Store it?
There is a large stream close to the village. There is always plenty.

Sogol posted:

Do we have a style of cooking? For instance are some people considered better cooks than others? Why? Spices or something?
Jalitha is regarded as the best cook in the village and even if she is accused of being a witch by your father, the rest of the village enjoys her odd style of cooking. Your people have many spices, taken from natural growing plants.

Sogol posted:

Do we eat raw fish and such?
Sometimes, yes.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Dad/Memory/Diogines; If a dolphin or whale got beached or washed up dead, what then?, what would that mean and has it ever happened?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

You have never heard of that happening.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Do tattoos have a story, meaning, happen around particular events or just adornment? We got any good ones yet?

Thanks for all the answers.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Hoo boy, when Diogines said this was a primitive village, he wasn't kidding.

Roughly what age are the boys when they get taken on the trips and come back men?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What is a witch?

I'm curious of what, exactly, Dad accused Jalitha of doing, and where the concept of witchcraft comes from in this society.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Dad, when will I be ready to become a man?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
What is the purpose of everyone growing their hair out? I assume we won't have to ask Dad about this; as not having long hair has traumatized us over the last six years, we've probably more than figured out the answer to this by now.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
I'm confused, how old are we? We were 4, then 10, then 8, then 6 years passed, and now we're 10 again.

Do we have a Tardis?

PandaPropaganda
Apr 22, 2008

Bularin posted:

I'm confused, how old are we? We were 4, then 10, then 8, then 6 years passed, and now we're 10 again.

Do we have a Tardis?

We were 4, and then 6 years passed and then Diog told us about some things that happened during those 6 years. We are 10 years old.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Dad; Are there any octopus, squid or kraken related Gods or beliefs?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

EVG posted:

Ask Dad if Big Fish created all of the peoples in the world, including Jalitha's people. If not, who made the others?

Why don't we cut our hair?

Did my questions get missed, or did I missed where they were answered?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This isn't a vote so much as a request.

Take the religious lessons more seriously

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

RandomPauI posted:

I agree. We can learn more about the other gods when we inevitably abandon this village for more a intellectually stimulating destiny. Until then, let's learn as much as possible with the tools we have at our disposal, and not continue alienate the great font of knowledge we have about Asherah in favor of seeking out tiny scraps of information regarding these sky giants. Act like a model citizen. Learn everything we can. Learn the inner secrets of the priesthood, how to craft a boat, and then slip into the night when we're 20 or something.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

RandomPauI posted:

Thirded; Learn everything we possibly can from our lessons

Dad's not really a bad guy, he's just doing what needs to be done, for his people - lets make him proud of us :unsmith:

Even all the haters should be on board with this, if only so you can spite him slightly more when a vote that involves betraying our people comes up.

(Pro-Dad; possibly because I think i've got some left over Sebek guilt, ha)

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

RandomPauI posted:

Fourthed; either you like and/or respect Dad, in which case we want to do him proud, or you hate Dad, in which case we should learn all his secrets before killing him.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Tell dad that you hadn't realized how important this was, and tell him that you'll pay more attention. And say thank you for being patient

Paradise Lost: Choose to be Responsible

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

RandomPauI posted:

Volmarias posted:

Tell dad that you hadn't realized how important this was, and tell him that you'll pay more attention. And say thank you for being patient

Paradise Lost: Choose to be Responsible

Yeah, this.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
I'm asking these to whomever could give the better answer:

What is the significance of our hair in this society and why should it not be cut? What about nails etc?

What do our people call themselves?

What are our holy days/festivals? What are they about? What kind of activities are performed?

Besides coconuts, do we eat many fruits or vegetables regularly? Wild cereals?

Are there any constellations in the skies? Do we have a myth about the moon and tides or know about its connection?

Technology questions
Based on what I've seen so far I'm guessing the region is somewhere between the upper Palaeolithic and the Mesolithic period which is interesting, in saying that as with the last game a lot of technologies aren't necessarily going to match up so here we go:

We should probably have primitive music and instruments, flutes, drums etc? What significance does music hold in our culture, if any?

Do we have sculptures? Venus figurines? Asherah idols etc?

Do we have access to clay for medicine and pottery?

Is there any metal (copper) working yet? Probably not in our village but might we have some trinket found or traded? (Jalitha?)

Math wise, do we not have tally sticks? Or counting tokens? If so we probably know very basic multiplication/division. I guess we might not have a lot of use for them here so we may not.

How much is known about the stars/moon, astronomy? Clearly the moon is very important to us and although we generally don't have precise dates we seem to be able to get to roughly the week on our calendar? Is father responsible for reading the skies, is it a divine practice? We (father?) know it's connected to the tides yes?

Our architecture actually sounds pretty advanced so go us.

Do we have bows or other land hunting weapons? What about rope? We already weave palm fibres for clothing.

I'm guessing no but do we have the wheel? Are there any large labouring animals like horses or oxen, not necessarily here but in general?

I'm exceedingly doubtful but do we have the wheel or sails?

Also agreeing we should take it more seriously

If nothing else, he's probably the most learned man in the village and even forgetting the religious aspect, probably contain what we know about the seas, astronomy(astrology), the weather etc.

Shanakin fucked around with this message at 12:35 on May 26, 2013

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Question: Has the village seen any big changes since you were a child?

PandaPropaganda
Apr 22, 2008

Shanakin posted:

Math wise, do we not have tally sticks? Or counting tokens? If so we probably know very basic multiplication/division. I guess we might not have a lot of use for them here so we may not.

Diog has said that we can count to 10, and everything after 10 is "lots" or "many lots" so I don't think we have any multiplication or division.

Diogines posted:

Everyone knows you count one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, lots, many-lots.

gerg_861
Jan 2, 2009
Do we know any JOKES?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Wow, go out of town for 4 days and there's a 550 post backlog to read through.

Question: Do people ever run away?

I'm forwarding the notion that we shave our head at the first appropriate moment. ie not now, later when we're old enough to run away.

Also yes, start making up jokes.

XOXO
Mar 8, 2013

Ask me about being weaker than a 60 year-old British woman.
Also voting to take our religious studies more seriously.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

gerg_861 posted:

Do we know any JOKES?

Also, do we know any jokes from Jalitha's culture and can we say them in her language. If not, we really should learn at least one good joke in her language.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
Vote NO on taking dad's crazy rituals seriously!

We're 10, the guy sucks, QED.

Everything we need to know, the ocean will teach us.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Bularin posted:

Vote NO on taking dad's crazy rituals seriously!

We're 10, the guy sucks, QED.

Everything we need to know, the ocean will teach us.

This. gently caress you dad, no gods no masters! I wasn't a participant in the other thread, so I'm absolved of whatever guilt you guys have :colbert:

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Yo I dunno bout you guys but I want to make insane fishgod prophecies.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

XOXO posted:

Also voting to take our religious studies more seriously.

Yeah, I'll back this. Taking poo poo seriously +1.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

RandomPauI posted:

+1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Things are starting to come together.

Our dad could probably do to lay off with the beatings, but in light of the pressures he's under, I can't be too hard on him.

He wholeheartedly believes that there's an omnipotent fish god out there who will personally doom our emtire village if we deviate from his Holy Word. Since we're being groomed to be chief lorekeeper as well as High Priest, a mistake by us would be repeated through the generations if he lets it stand.

Ten Year-Old Question: Is the earth a woman, Dad?

We know that humans were created when Asherah jizzed on the shore, but we also know how babies are made, and men can't do it alome. So is the shore a woman?