Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

ikanreed posted:

I don't think I saw a post about it but, that Virtuix omni omnidirectional treadmill input device is going to launch their kickstarter campaign on June 4th. At least according to their website. No hint at what the basic tier's price is going to be yet, though. I didn't think much of the rift until after people starting getting theirs and doing cool things with it, but I kinda want to get in on the ground floor with this one.
The Occulus Rift was the kind of thing that almost anyone with some money to splash could get into the ground floor on, but this - I can't imagine a "get the thing" tier below $1k. It could certainly be neat, but that's a tough hurdle to jump.

EDIT: VV Paired with a Rift and some decent headphones, I doubt you'd even hear it. Seems like an easy sell to anyone trying to complete their virtual reality setup, if they can get the price down.

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

^^ I only use open headphones

Shalinor posted:

The Occulus Rift was the kind of thing that almost anyone with some money to splash could get into the ground floor on, but this - I can't imagine a "get the thing" tier below $1k. It could certainly be neat, but that's a tough hurdle to jump.

I could see a cheaper tier around the Oculus Rift price that is just, "DIY: Here's the plans, bill of material and the shoe covers/surface material".

I personally don't like the thing itself, it makes a horribly loud racket.

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 25, 2013

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Arnold of Soissons posted:

If Stonehearth hits the $600k stretch goal, then I'll be excited enough to upgrade from the two copies tier to the two beta access passes tier, but right now it isn't looking great. They hit $400k four days ago and haven't made a full $50k since then.

Maybe they'll post some character art for the Engineer and Geomancer or something and that would help. They got a bump after the Magma Smith stuff went up.

Yogscast apparently pimped them on their youtube, they're currently sitting at around 510k including paypal.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Zeether posted:

Heavy Gear Assault just updated their Kickstarter. Goal is still $800k, but they're adding a single player mode right off the bat instead of making it a stretch goal. I think I'm in on this. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stompybot/heavy-gear-assault-0/posts/490704

Okay, now I'm interested.

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh
Some good friends of mine just started a project that I think would interest some of you on here that have a thing for blowing things up in deep space.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ninedots/god-factory-wingmen

Take a look! :)

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

Yogscast apparently pimped them on their youtube, they're currently sitting at around 510k including paypal.

They got a pretty crazy surge from that, and it wasn't even the main Yogscast channel.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'm so pumped about Stonehearth's continuing success. I can't wait to get my hands on the game.

KuroKisei
Feb 17, 2004
conformist
I just stumbled across a KickStarter for Deus Ex Machina 2. It was definitely not what I was expecting and has nothing to do with the Eidos Deus Ex franchise. It has voice acting by Christopher Lee and looks like an old hippie's LSD trip. Apparently it is the sequel/reimaging of a game from the 80s that has a modicum of success. I'm really just not sure what to think after watching naked people in the fetal position flying through coloured psychedelic hallways and then hovering through the air in a hanging-on-a-cross position collecting floating needles.

Edit: Despite the KickStarter saying the original was well received, apparently they only distributed 5000 copies according to Wikipedia.

KuroKisei fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 25, 2013

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

KuroKisei posted:

I just stumbled across a KickStarter for Deus Ex Machina 2. It was definitely not what I was expecting and has nothing to do with the Eidos Deus Ex franchise. It has voice acting by Christopher Lee and looks like an old hippie's LSD trip. Apparently it is the sequel/reimaging of a game from the 80s that has a modicum of success. I'm really just not sure what to think after watching naked people in the fetal position flying through coloured psychedelic hallways and then hovering through the air in a hanging-on-a-cross position collecting floating needles.

Not gonna lie, tempted to kick that start.

It bugged me how he kept pronouncing machina, and then I was even more surprised when Christopher Lee pronounced it correctly.

KuroKisei
Feb 17, 2004
conformist

Not gonna lie, tempted to kick that start.

It bugged me how he kept pronouncing machina, and then I was even more surprised when Christopher Lee pronounced it correctly.

Given that he is fluent in English, Italian, French, Spanish and German, "moderately proficient" in Swedish, Russian and Greek, and "conversational" in Mandarin Chinese; I'm totally unsurprised he knows how to produce "machina". He's actually pretty badass for a 90 year old and just released a heavy metal album a few days ago which is available on Amazon.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

KuroKisei posted:

Given that he is fluent in English, Italian, French, Spanish and German, "moderately proficient" in Swedish, Russian and Greek, and "conversational" in Mandarin Chinese; I'm totally unsurprised he knows how to produce "machina". He's actually pretty badass for a 90 year old and just released a heavy metal album a few days ago which is available on Amazon.

Sorry, I guess the way I phrased that was weird. I wasn't surprised that Lee knew the correct pronunciation, I was surprised that he was pronouncing the name of the project, in game, differently than the way the project leader pronounced it. The lack of brand unity, for lack of a better term, was the surprise.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

KuroKisei posted:

Automata remains legendary among classic 8-bit gamers for a reason. Get this loving thing backed, right loving now.

KuroKisei
Feb 17, 2004
conformist

Sorry, I guess the way I phrased that was weird. I wasn't surprised that Lee knew the correct pronunciation, I was surprised that he was pronouncing the name of the project, in game, differently than the way the project leader pronounced it. The lack of brand unity, for lack of a better term, was the surprise.

Ah, understood. I think I want to back it, but I'm still not sure how it makes me feel. :|

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

KuroKisei posted:

Edit: Despite the KickStarter saying the original was well received, apparently they only distributed 5000 copies according to Wikipedia.

That animation at the start with the rat made me go "ooohhh that was stylish", then the gameplay footage made me say "This is HORRIBLE". What the gently caress is this? The bit with the bent-forward nude person floating forwards collecting floating syringes? I can't even fathom how this plays out. Are they saying the game is already finished?

KuroKisei
Feb 17, 2004
conformist

Mug posted:

That animation at the start with the rat made me go "ooohhh that was stylish", then the gameplay footage made me say "This is HORRIBLE". What the gently caress is this? The bit with the bent-forward nude person floating forwards collecting floating syringes? I can't even fathom how this plays out. Are they saying the game is already finished?

One of the stretch goals is Oculus Rift support... how the hell would that work if you're in the fetal position?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

KuroKisei posted:

One of the stretch goals is Oculus Rift support... how the hell would that work if you're in the fetal position?

From how things look now, I'm thinking it would probably still be in third person.

KuroKisei
Feb 17, 2004
conformist
Just found another gem called Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet! (Retro Pirate Adventure). Looks like a pretty average point and click adventure game, but I love his video. He's how I picture the average goon except that he has a GIRLFRIEND.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

KuroKisei posted:

Just found another gem called Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet! (Retro Pirate Adventure). Looks like a pretty average point and click adventure game, but I love his video. He's how I picture the average goon except that he has a GIRLFRIEND.

This guy has a pretty good sense of humour, evidenced by the vid.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

That video's great, that guy's great, and even though the game oozes the word "amateur", at £4, why not.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I am going to back that game because it looks kind of cool and cheap and he seems like a cool dude.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
That guy seems pretty cool. He reminds me of Weird Al Yankovic in a good way. Also, Having the approximate American amount listed in each tier is a fantastic thing. First time I've seen it done, that I've noticed (or remembered, it may not actually be the first time).

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I'm really sad that Heavy Gear Assault is not getting any money at all. It's really disheartening that a game series that played so well compared to the other mech games at the time is being almost entirely ignored.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Mug posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwJBsYJ16IE

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Are there anymore of these floating around anywhere? Got a good chuckle when I reloaded my page.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Fiction D posted:

Some good friends of mine just started a project that I think would interest some of you on here that have a thing for blowing things up in deep space.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ninedots/god-factory-wingmen

Take a look! :)

I browsed through this project quickly before and it did look kinda neat. I'll have to give it a better look when I can.

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011

KuroKisei posted:

Point and click?? Sold.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

This is really sweet, one of the funniest pitches I've seen and everybody I showed it to loved it.

These guys just reached their second stretch goal and announced the next three (up to $30k). The update is here, all three goals sound awesome so I hope they make it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Russian off roading simulator :black101: Only asking for £40k and they have a tech demo to download.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/358753914/spintires-the-ultimate-off-road-challenge

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Colon Semicolon posted:

I'm really sad that Heavy Gear Assault is not getting any money at all. It's really disheartening that a game series that played so well compared to the other mech games at the time is being almost entirely ignored.

I was a huge fan of the first two games, but IDGAF about the kickstarter because it's Yet Another F2P Multiplayer Game. Yes, it has single player, but it's literally an afterthought.

KuroKisei
Feb 17, 2004
conformist

Crash74 posted:

Are there anymore of these floating around anywhere? Got a good chuckle when I reloaded my page.

I stole it from the OUYA thread from a few pages ago. It was originally from an older SA thread about Pokémon fusions that is referenced in the other thread.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Nobody has posted about Unrest yet, right? An RPG set in India with no total fail states (if a character you are playing as dies, the narrative adapts) and completely avoidable combat.

I'm in for $25. This looks like it could potentially be really neat.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

AfricanBootyShine posted:

I was a huge fan of the first two games, but IDGAF about the kickstarter because it's Yet Another F2P Multiplayer Game. Yes, it has single player, but it's literally an afterthought.

Same here. The mechwarrior game seems to do the f2p big robot thing pretty well already if that was my bag. I vaguely remember the old heavy gear games being interesting but a future sports arena thing not so much.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
So 22Cans' Curiosity iOS app was a way to select the god in Godus.

Never quit being you, Peter Molyneux :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhzb9OUWrXU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 17:38 on May 26, 2013

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh god, I had forgotten about that Curiosity thing. Of course Molyneux delivered in spades half a year later. "Something life-changing inside", indeed.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

So that's what was inside the cube.

Tiny Peter Molyneux.

Why am I not surprised?

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
e: I am stupid and this is not the thread I thought it was

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!
I wonder how much of the revenue from Godus that the winner gets.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Orzo posted:

I wonder how much of the revenue from Godus that the winner gets.

I wonder how much of it will come out of the KS pool.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Toffile posted:

"Bryan Henderson From Edinburgh" is going to wake up and find his house and/or car graffitied with the Kickstarter logo.

Multiple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Toffile posted:

Probably none because kickstarter funds aren't revenue.