Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Ringo Star Get posted:

Just bought it last week, can't stop driving it.

('13 Ford Focus ST)

Very nice, go buy a nice wheel cleaning brush. My wheels turn dark grey in a couple of days. Also, if you notice a jerk to the left when you shift, it will go away once the brakes get broken in. The anti torque steer is a little aggressive at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Budget Monty posted:

Here's my Daily. Simple 4 switch/8 valve air suspension with electric back up and engine driven compressor (No computer controlled ride height, all old-school), 100 spoke 14x7 reverse wires, and the original 283/Powerglide was swapped for a new crate 305/rebuilt TH350 with all original manifolds/carb (Rebuilt). Has not left me stranded once to date Been daily-ing it for about a year now...

Even beside the fact that you're car is awesome, there's nothing cooler in my mind than someone using an old car as a daily.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

sadnessboner posted:

Even beside the fact that you're car is awesome, there's nothing cooler in my mind than someone using an old car as a daily.

Especially when it's a lowrider six-fo. Not a whole lot cooler than that.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Cage posted:

Bought it yesterday, drove it for the first time today. First time with a stick, too. Not the easiest to learn on I imagine but its pretty darn fun.

04 GT

Fun, but what's up with those headlights?

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I'm assuming that was a Freudian slip? Regardless I like your ride! Ever since a previous boss had a stable of mustangs (2 SN95 Saleens and 08 Shelby GT500) I've been enamored with the mod 4.6, just boost the bejesus out of them and hang on!!!

99, 01-04 Cobra have IRS.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Imperador do Brasil posted:

There is basically no comparing this and the ('11) Shelby. In the Shelby if I mashed the loud pedal all hell would break loose along with the rear end. It had so much down-low torque that the tires were easily (and often) overwhelmed. The M3 is much less torquey and easier to control but it keeps pulling hard to redline (8500rpm!!!). I drove 100mi each way to get the M3 yesterday and both are awesome highway cruisers that just eat up miles but the M has a better suspension for around town, because of the IRS. So far I am still getting used to the completely different power delivery/handling/clutch/everything but it should be a pretty competent car. The Shelby also got a lot more head-turns, but what car with red stripes and snake emblems doesn't? I am also planning on getting rid of my Integra to get down to just two cars (TSX and M3) and I will be using the M3 as a daily with a set of winter wheels/tires when the white stuff looms.

Four doors bla bla bla. Wife supports it. 'Nuff Said.

Do yourself a favor - grab a couple of picks and some needle nose, get down under the driver's side dash and find the clutch spring, and pull it out. The clutch feel is terrible with it in there and you can feel the engagement point much more easily without it. I can only guess that they put it in there because the clutch is slightly heavy due to the twin plate clutch, but it's easier to use than other performance clutches I've used in the past so :shrug:

DIY: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195777

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Poisonlizard posted:

Very nice, go buy a nice wheel cleaning brush. My wheels turn dark grey in a couple of days. Also, if you notice a jerk to the left when you shift, it will go away once the brakes get broken in. The anti torque steer is a little aggressive at first.

Oh yeah, the rims do get pretty dirty from the brakes. What do you recommend for something that doesn't require breaking out a bucket and soap? Just something I can do every morning before heading out.

Also yes, I was noticing the jerk on the wheel while shifting. I thought that it was the torque but I doubt it was from the amount of power I was giving it. Thanks for the heads up!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

CharlesM posted:

99, 01-04 Cobra have IRS.
Well color me embarrassed. :ohdear: forgive me AI mustang muscle shirt thread; for I have sinned out of ignorance.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Drunken Lullabies posted:

Can I take you up on that some time? :siren:My girlfriend:siren: broke her hand and cut her foot open the other day so I'm taking her to class in Seattle from 5ish to 8ish for the next few days and I have nothing to do.

Yeah. If you can wait a week I'm installing some ~*~modzzzzz~*~ which should give it an extra 70hp. So it will go from being stupid fast to retarded fast.

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!
Thanks for the kind words! What surprises me most about the Mustang is that everyone likes it. I've driven some pretty flashy cars, but nothing has gotten the reaction from total strangers than my beater yellow 'stang has. People wave at me on the beltway, take pictures of it in parking lots, and come up to me and want to talk about it. The last time I put gas in it a kid ran up and asked if he could sit in my racecar. It really is a car that makes everyone around it happy.

Will eventually post a thread when I have more time to do more than just maintenance (and fixing some stupid poo poo left over from 4+ previous owners). In the meantime, though, here are some more pictures:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Gern Blandsten posted:

I bought a new car:

This is the first car I have purchased on my own and titled in my name. :italy:

This thing is a loving blast to drive!

Time to start the madness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cQ6BL_BXK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKAK1Fzk6f0

Dakotaboy88
Apr 28, 2007

Propaganda Bob posted:

Thanks for the kind words! What surprises me most about the Mustang is that everyone likes it. I've driven some pretty flashy cars, but nothing has gotten the reaction from total strangers than my beater yellow 'stang has. People wave at me on the beltway, take pictures of it in parking lots, and come up to me and want to talk about it. The last time I put gas in it a kid ran up and asked if he could sit in my racecar. It really is a car that makes everyone around it happy.

Will eventually post a thread when I have more time to do more than just maintenance (and fixing some stupid poo poo left over from 4+ previous owners). In the meantime, though, here are some more pictures:

Glad to see more pictures of this car. I'd really love to get and early Fox to tinker around with.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Poisonlizard posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Armor-All-78482-Wheel-Protectant/dp/B0035XGPNA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369366192&sr=8-1&keywords=armor+all+wheel

This stuff works wonders. Takes half the time out of washing intricate wheel designs.

(I have a 13' ST also and gently caress washing those little wheel slices)

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes

Bob A Feet posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Armor-All-78482-Wheel-Protectant/dp/B0035XGPNA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369366192&sr=8-1&keywords=armor+all+wheel

This stuff works wonders. Takes half the time out of washing intricate wheel designs.

(I have a 13' ST also and gently caress washing those little wheel slices)

This stuff is so drat good. I really need to find it in bulk pricing however, cause I easily go through 3/4 of a bottle after one wash.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

Comrade Flynn posted:

Yeah. If you can wait a week I'm installing some ~*~modzzzzz~*~ which should give it an extra 70hp. So it will go from being stupid fast to retarded fast.

Hell yes, let me know when!

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Four doors bla bla bla. Wife supports it. 'Nuff Said.

Didn't you have the 4 door family car G8?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

_firehawk posted:

Didn't you have the 4 door family car G8?

We did, she sold it for a ton of cash and a 6-speed TSX which she has been driving. I just meant in general that she approved of the M3.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Propaganda Bob posted:

Maintenance and fixing stupid stuff on Fox Bodies is its' own thread; that'll be when you find all the good broken stuff. Don't think :justpost:

blk
Dec 19, 2009

We did, she sold it for a ton of cash and a 6-speed TSX which she has been driving. I just meant in general that she approved of the M3.

Where does one find carwife? I'm getting married in two months and while she's cool in a lot of departments, she doesn't understand the point of fun on four wheels :(

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

King-Kong posted:

This stuff is so drat good. I really need to find it in bulk pricing however, cause I easily go through 3/4 of a bottle after one wash.

Walmart has it for like $8 a battle last I checked. I bought like five because yeah I use nearly half a bottle a wash. Keeps brake dust off the wheels longer and makes it almost hose-able during a wash for anyone else considering it. Excellent investment on light colored wheels with soft brakes behind them.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

blk posted:

Where does one find carwife? I'm getting married in two months and while she's cool in a lot of departments, she doesn't understand the point of fun on four wheels :(

I dunno? We met in a chat room when we were in high school in like 1998 and we were one state away from each other. Try that.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Ringo Star Get posted:

Oh yeah, the rims do get pretty dirty from the brakes. What do you recommend for something that doesn't require breaking out a bucket and soap? Just something I can do every morning before heading out.

Also yes, I was noticing the jerk on the wheel while shifting. I thought that it was the torque but I doubt it was from the amount of power I was giving it. Thanks for the heads up!

This Mothers wheel brush works pretty well for the small details:
http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-Double-Loop-Brake-Brush/dp/B001GJ3ECA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1369458430&sr=8-6&keywords=wheel+brush
Of course, I do use it with a bucket and soap every couple of days (or whenever I get a chance).

Also, I picked up some of the armor all wheel stuff, but haven't had chance to try it yet.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
My '84 CRX.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Please fix or get a new camera because we need more pictures of that. Thats in awesome condition!

Dakotaboy88
Apr 28, 2007

This is a rare gem! You just don't see these in this condition anymore. Kudos for keeping it so clean and original.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Comrade Flynn posted:

If you don't mind Internet nerds imposing I'd totally take you up on even just sitting in it since those cars are pretty interesting. Not that what I have in exchange is very fancy (A BRZ or a 2002).

Thread content:
I've only gotten to drive my new project car once since I bought it 3 weeks ago... Tomorrow I'll change the oil, which I have a feeling is needed badly, and take it out for a good flogging.

Updated pictures will come after that drive :)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Mat_Drinks posted:

I've only gotten to drive my new project car once since I bought it 3 weeks ago... Tomorrow I'll change the oil, which I have a feeling is needed badly, and take it out for a good flogging.

Nice 2002, those are great little cars.

Decided to see if we could get the 320i running after sitting for a couple years. Drained the old gas, put in some new, stuck in a battery and it fired right up. Put about 25 miles on it today just driving around the area. Got home and brother gave it a quick wash before he does a full detail. It will be getting new poly bushings, shocks/springs and some engine work this summer to turn it into a fun track toy. 1977 BMW E21 320i

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

NitroSpazzz posted:

Nice 2002, those are great little cars.

Decided to see if we could get the 320i running after sitting for a couple years. Drained the old gas, put in some new, stuck in a battery and it fired right up. Put about 25 miles on it today just driving around the area. Got home and brother gave it a quick wash before he does a full detail. It will be getting new poly bushings, shocks/springs and some engine work this summer to turn it into a fun track toy. 1977 BMW E21 320i

Nice, clean old BMW! (But instead of resizing, I think you just took all of your sliders and max-ed them out)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

meatpimp posted:

Nice, clean old BMW! (But instead of resizing, I think you just took all of your sliders and max-ed them out)

Brothers photo after his phone did all sorts of BS auto-adjust poo poo on it. My phone's camera sucks.

Here is a photo of the car in 1984 next to my Mom's 1983 GTI. He originally bought the car in 1979 shortly after he started working for the same company I now work for as well.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 27, 2013

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

Rusty but trusty

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Purchased today. 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 SLE with the 4.8 liter V8, automatic transmission and 2WD.

69k miles

Technically not mine yet, I have to finish signing paperwork tomorrow but its in my driveway.

iForge fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 29, 2013

sports
Sep 1, 2012

That thing is wu-tang as all hell.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Sweet ride! I learned to drive on a creamcicle orange 79.

Does anyone know when they moved the interior door handle from the bottom of the door panel? They were right off the door sill on the 79.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Finally got a chance to wash the new M3. Didn't do a full wax/polish/detail since my shoulder is still in recovery mode from surgery, but it's still great to have a clean car.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I bought a thing that's going to destroy my spotless driving record.

It's so worth it.

Computer Jones
Jun 22, 2005

'73 Volvo 144. I've been meaning to make a build thread for it to motivate myself... there's a lot to do :sigh:

At least it managed a 3-hour round trip a couple of weeks ago with the new carb...

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

KakerMix posted:

It's so worth it.

timging is nice and all, but seriously? 6000x4000?

siliciferous
Sep 29, 2003

One cannot fight that which has no basis in reality.

KakerMix posted:

It's so worth it.

ONE OF US

Ziploc posted:

timging is nice and all, but seriously? 6000x4000?

More pixels is more betterer (cropped and desktop'd!)

Leper Messiah
Dec 16, 2003

Tasteless

KakerMix posted:

It's so worth it.

Welcome to the borg.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I didn't know there were so many R goons!

3 days, 350 miles :getin:
(but staying away from WOT and under 4k RPM is tough)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindowsBreaker
May 30, 2013
I have this

and this

and I helped build and drive this

I think I have a problem.