Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I had to google that "sticky princes" quote. What on earth is the context for Cersei to be saying that? How did GRRM's editors let that slide by? Why is GRRM such a lecherous pervert? :psyduck:

This is a disgusting series; fantasy has become a terrible genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

nutranurse posted:

What on earth is the context for Cersei to be saying that?

Cersei only blew Robert instead of loving him and swallowed regularly out of spite.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I always pictured her pulling him out at climax, when he was too drunk to notice, and wiping up the semen off her belly with her fingers and licking it up out of spite. What the gently caress GREM.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah, there's definitely a mention of her 'licking his sons off her fingers'. How exactly they got there is up in the air I guess.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
The scene with Dany and her handmaids all bickering over Rakharo like a bunch of fangirls is just precious, especially Irri's :iceburn:.

ADWD posted:

When Daenerys returned to her pyramid, sore of limb and sick of heart, she found Missandei reading some old scroll whilst Irri and Jhiqui argued about Rakharo. “You are too skinny for him,” Jhiqui was saying. “You are almost a boy. Rakharo does not bed with boys. This is known.” Irri bristled back. “It is known that you are almost a cow. Rakharo does not bed with cows.”

“Rakharo is blood of my blood. His life belongs to me, not you,” Dany told the two of them. Rakharo had grown almost half a foot during his time away from Meereen and returned with arms and legs thick with muscle and four bells in his hair. He towered over Aggo and Jhogo now, as her handmaids had both noticed. “Now be quiet. I need to bathe.”

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

nutranurse posted:

I had to google that "sticky princes" quote. What on earth is the context for Cersei to be saying that? How did GRRM's editors let that slide by? Why is GRRM such a lecherous pervert? :psyduck:

I believe it was stated earlier in the chapter or a chapter ago that she never actually let Robert in her most of the time. She would use her mouth or hands and he'd never notice the difference because that's how drunk he was. When he passed out she would swallow his "princes" to spite him.

Not backing up GRRM on this one at all. But I agree, it's disgusting and really "wtf?" on a whole new level. I honestly wonder why we really needed such information but he also threw the genre on its head by telling us a woman's bush smelled like a Myrish Swamp so...yeah...

THE AMERICAN TOLKIEN!

Hunky Joe fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 26, 2013

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Hunky Joe posted:

I believe it was stated earlier in the chapter or a chapter ago that she never actually let Robert in her most of the time. She would use her mouth or hands and he'd never notice the difference because that's how drunk he was. When he passed out she would swallow his "princes" to spite him.

Not backing up GRRM on this one at all. But I agree, it's disgusting and really "wtf?" on a whole new level. I honestly wonder why we really needed such information but he also threw the genre on its head by telling us a woman's bush smelled like a Myrish Swamp so...yeah...

THE AMERICAN TOLKIEN!

"I WROTE IT TOO DISGUSTING" -GRRM

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

nutranurse posted:

You mean it wasn't always?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Fantasy used to be pretty awesome! Some modern authors still are! But as a whole, the fantasy genre is a diseased gutter.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Is Cersei drinking cum that disgusting? It's not as revolting as Dany making GBS threads herself all over, and at least it explained how the gently caress she never had a true child from Robert.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

Plutonis posted:

Is Cersei drinking cum that disgusting? It's not as revolting as Dany making GBS threads herself all over, and at least it explained how the gently caress she never had a true child from Robert.

I think we understood that in book 1 when Robert said that "Cersei's oval office was harder to get into than the vaults of Casterly Rock" and when she told Sansa(?) there are other ways to pleasure a man than intercourse.

But no. George turns the genre upside down with this riveting information!

It's not that the idea itself is disgusting it's the "why is this necessary?" idea other than general shock value. This is the kind of stuff you get in Harlequin novels.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Hunky Joe posted:

It's not that the idea itself is disgusting it's the "why is this necessary?" idea other than general shock value.

Also for nutrients.

quote:

There are many ingredients composing semen, and its makeup is the same from man to man. Here are a few of the constituent elements: vitamin C, calcium, chlorine, cholesterol, citric acid, creatine, fructose, lactic acid, magnesium, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, vitamin B12, and zinc.

So what effect will all this have on her waistline? Well, not much of an effect at all. The caloric content of the average ejaculate is estimated to be approximately 5 to 25 calories -- hardly the most fattening meal.

And for those of you who wrote in asking if semen is a good source of protein, its protein content is roughly equivalent to that found in the egg white of a large egg.

Winter is coming. Better stock up.

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

This post has been inspected and certified by the Dino-Sorcerer

Grimey Drawer

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Fantasy used to be pretty awesome! Some modern authors still are! But as a whole, the fantasy genre is a diseased gutter.

Most everything is crap, its just that we only remember the really good/enjoyable stuff and also the really terrible stuff. I read most of those Wheel of Time books in high school and I forgot that series even existed till it got mentioned again in this thread because it was pretty mediocre all around and had maybe one or two interesting ideas going for it. I guess the thing about this series is that it started out mostly on the "Good/Memorable" end of the spectrum and started taking a hard shift toward the "Awful/Memorable" side.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

Joramun posted:

Also for nutrients.

Winter is coming. Better stock up.

So THAT is how her skin is so flawless...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I just read through the chapter in AFFC. She says Robert only got it in when she couldn't finish him off with her mouth/hands and she goes into detail about ingesting the by products purely because she's glad that Robert won't be getting her pregnant and also because she's insane.

It's pretty hard to describe all of that without feeling needlessly crass. GRRM :argh:

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012
ADWD made a lot more sense to me when I realized it was really about Doran, Illyrio and Manderly; three fat men with terrible reputations working on long term projects with varying levels of success.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

You forgot one:

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012
He is the mummers fatass. The fatty has three heads.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Amazing I totally forgot about the Cersei eating semen thing when whenever I get to a part where a naked girl is in I'm wondering how long it takes before GRRM talks about her huge dark nipples.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

bobjr posted:

Amazing I totally forgot about the Cersei eating semen thing when whenever I get to a part where a naked girl is in I'm wondering how long it takes before GRRM talks about her huge dark nipples.

It doesn't even make sense because they are blondes, when was the last time you saw a blonde person with huge dark nipples anyway?

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Oh, for gently caress's sake. I completely forgot about the sticky princes. I tried a reread of AFFC when ADWD came out and couldn't get past 100 pages. Can't wait to see D&D adapt that little passage. Oh, wait, they won't: they're pervy, just not GRRM-pervy.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I love how successful the fatties are in the books. Gurm takes good care of Doran, Manderly, and Varys.

Probably because they are self inserts.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Potooweet posted:

ADWD made a lot more sense to me when I realized it was really about Doran, Illyrio and Manderly; three fat men with terrible reputations working on long term projects with varying levels of success.

Well poo poo...

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

In the same book, the Yellow Whale shits himself to death, after literally taking a poo poo on Tyrion... :tinfoil:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Potooweet posted:

Mind blown.

Also, there's no new episode tonight so the babby thread is posting clips from late night talk shows.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Cersei swallowing doesn't seem that out of place with everything else going on in these books.

We still haven't gotten any Dany lesbo handmaid action in the show either :(

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I am eating a lemoncake right now; it is both lemony and cakey so op success.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

mythicknight posted:

We still haven't gotten any Dany lesbo handmaid action in the show either :(

Are you drunk?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

In any case, you know they aged up Missandei so much for a reason. A Gurmy reason.

MartingaleJack
Aug 26, 2004

I'll split you open and I don't even like coconuts.
Saw Gurm speak live today at Kc ConQuest. I walked into his reading about five minutes late, so I missed the introduction.

He read this thing that was like 45 minutes of omniscient narrative, and it was really, really boring. It was an accout of Aegon conquering each of the cities of Westeros one by one. Very detailed and very dry.

It went on and on until finally it ended. I thought it was some terrible prologue to the Winds of Winter, but no, Gurm went on to explain that its part of the upcoming "Gurmarillion" (his actual words, punctuated by that hysterical wheezy laugh). Apparently he's doing a coffee table book, and was supposed to write the history of Westeros or something, and turned in a 90,000 word draft.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

That's so much more infuriating than if he just wrote about how happy/sad he is about the GMEN for another ten years.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

BananaNutkins posted:

Saw Gurm speak live today at Kc ConQuest. I walked into his reading about five minutes late, so I missed the introduction.

He read this thing that was like 45 minutes of omniscient narrative, and it was really, really boring. It was an accout of Aegon conquering each of the cities of Westeros one by one. Very detailed and very dry.

It went on and on until finally it ended. I thought it was some terrible prologue to the Winds of Winter, but no, Gurm went on to explain that its part of the upcoming "Gurmarillion" (his actual words, punctuated by that hysterical wheezy laugh). Apparently he's doing a coffee table book, and was supposed to write the history of Westeros or something, and turned in a 90,000 word draft.

Hahahahahahaha.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

BananaNutkins posted:

Tell me you screamed at him to just write the loving "Winds of Winter" book.

MartingaleJack
Aug 26, 2004

Talas posted:

He was really nice in person and not at all pervy. I rode the elevator with him. He was wearing his sailor hat and suspenders get up. It was a reallly small con, so he and Patrick Rothfuss were just chilling in the lobby and anyone could walk up and talk to them.

Also I would say that he looked in good health, so that's a plus, right? I think he might have lost some weight recently (not cancer).

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
What did Rothfuss smell like? It has to be pipe smoke and sour candy.

Also, did you present GRRM the certificate?

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Talas posted:

Why... why would you want this?

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

AtAt-de-fay posted:

Can't wait to see D&D adapt that little passage. Oh, wait, they won't: they're pervy, just not GRRM-pervy.

Yeah, they're far worse.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
We won't get sticky princes or fat pink mast because those were inner monologues.

But there's still a whole Myrish Swamp full of lesbian sex scenes, pooping, and god knows how many new additions like brothel scenes.

MartingaleJack
Aug 26, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

What did Rothfuss smell like? It has to be pipe smoke and sour candy.

Also, did you present GRRM the certificate?

Rothfuss was very cool and clever 100% of the time on on the panels I attended. His beard was highly impressive in person. He didn't really want to talk about where he was on book 3, but he did go over his feelings on the Sanderson effect--i.e. Sanderson is making everyone look like crap by pushing out 3 epic books each year. Rothfuss attributed that to his belief that he is a "language" writer, whilst Sanderson is a "plot" writer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

We won't get sticky princes or fat pink mast because those were inner monologues.

But there's still a whole Myrish Swamp full of lesbian sex scenes, pooping, and god knows how many new additions like brothel scenes.
Every utterance of "Where do whores go?" will be punctuated by a brothel transition.