Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
We are the poster child of madness. We have somewhere around 90 voices of questionable wisdom telling us what to do, all at once.

Btw, my vote for A is not based on wanting to abandon everything. It is based on the only path I can see where everyone does not immediately die. We are kidnapped. Do we escape? Are we rescued by Jorah? It gives us time and everyone does not die, and in the best case does not become immediately emslaved. It also gives our tribe time. We are being trained as the care taker of our people, but we cannot call Asherah.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Genpei Turtle posted:

Seconding this, and if Not-A is not a vote then B.

Seriously guys, what the hell? Are we supposed to be insane or have severe ADD or something? We just had an overwhelming vote to start taking our studies more seriously so that we can eventually lead the tribe as its high priest, and now we're willing to completely abandon it at the first sign of trouble? This sort of inconsistency is what got us smacked down hard in the last CYOA.

Spitting out Kadai is what hosed us the last game, not something inherently negative to being inconsistent itself.

Also, B is a terrible decision that will accomplish nothing. poo poo is about to get violent, there isn't any time to find anyone else that can do something considering they're all out fishing. You'd be better off praying to Asherah or some poo poo considering dad is using some magic.

Lanky Coconut Tree's plan could be successful though.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Assuming Dad doesn't lose his poo poo and cast a thunderbolt or some poo poo on the other guys. Which he will. We trusted Dad to be stable and diffuse the situation but all he did was scream and cast black magic. There's nothing keeping Dad from flipping out after we try to be diplomatic. If we want to get out if here we have to go NOW.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

F Slow them down while Dad finishes casting!

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
Changing my vote from B to Not A

Copacabana
Apr 6, 2010

There was blood and a single gunshot, but just who shot who?
voting for Lanky Coconut Tree's plan.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Going right now would be shortsighted. Yes, Baitel is awesome, but we are not. If we go now, we'll be a nobody and possibly stay a nobody.

Or, we can stay and become one of the world's few priests of a real and powerful god. Maybe chiefetan too. Then we can choose to bring ourselves and our talents to Baitel, or stay but form close ties with them to bring the neolithic to us. Or something completely different because our options will be wide open.

There's no immediate danger in staying, either. The foreigners are merchants, they're going to cut losses and run if a fight breaks out. The main threat to the village would be if an army returns in their place. But armies don't get sent on distant expeditions lightly, and Jalitha is going to soften her story if she knows we're still here. Meanwhile if we run now, we risk getting struck down by a divine storm.

Grandito
Sep 6, 2008

We have no reason to trust these new people, they are threatening everything we know. Let's see what Daddy can do.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

The thing is, we very likely don't have much of a choice in whether we go or not. The foreigners have more people with better weapons than the men in our village right now. They likely have a better understanding of fighting. Father's spell might be able to change this, but he could just as easily end up stabbed.

PandaPropaganda
Apr 22, 2008
A There is absolutely no way this situation is getting better at this point, pretty sure we're going with Jalitha and these folks whether we want to or not and at least the men of our village currently present are about to be killed. The outsiders seem pretty upset about the whole cannibals thing, and I don't really see them backing down and we aren't going to be able to communicate well enough, or get them to listen to us.

Also, I don't see why we should be expected to have any loyalty to our father/tribe at this point, except perhaps in the sense that an abused person is loyal. Seriously, everything we ever did up until that point was running from our father and his dickish abusive ways. So finally we tell dad we're sorry and we'll take things serious just to get the beatings to end. Why would we want to stay here when an objectively better life is staring us in the face and offering us escape from our abusive father? Who cares if the cannibal thing is technically true or not, we can always ask Jalitha to clear that up later. The pieces fit well enough right now, and even if turns out to not be true later, this village still sucks.

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
Agreeing with Lanky Coconuts plan.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Copacabana posted:

voting for Lanky Coconut Tree's plan.

Yup, gotta stay with Daddyo on this one.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Not my village, not my dad, real mom leavin, lets get out~

< Diog> She has comforted you and been loving as your father continues to beat the crap out of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCDe8ijDAgU

DCBomB fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 27, 2013

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
A. I think we should tell Jalitha that we'll go with her, but plead with her to stop the strangers from attacking the villagers. Say "No, not cannibals!" to the strangers.

The worst thing that can possibly happen here is a full-scale bloodbath between the strangers and the men of our village, which I think is about to happen. If us going with them means that they'll take off with us and Jalitha and leave the rest of the villagers alone, we should do that. If we don't do something to calm the situation down right now, things are going to get really, really ugly.

I'm not voting for this because I want to just ditch our people, I'm voting for it because I think it's the best chance of not getting them all killed.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

PandaPropaganda posted:

A There is absolutely no way this situation is getting better at this point, pretty sure we're going with Jalitha and these folks whether we want to or not and at least the men of our village currently present are about to be killed. The outsiders seem pretty upset about the whole cannibals thing, and I don't really see them backing down and we aren't going to be able to communicate well enough, or get them to listen to us.

Also, I don't see why we should be expected to have any loyalty to our father/tribe at this point, except perhaps in the sense that an abused person is loyal. Seriously, everything we ever did up until that point was running from our father and his dickish abusive ways. So finally we tell dad we're sorry and we'll take things serious just to get the beatings to end. Why would we want to stay here when an objectively better life is staring us in the face and offering us escape from our abusive father? Who cares if the cannibal thing is technically true or not, we can always ask Jalitha to clear that up later. The pieces fit well enough right now, and even if turns out to not be true later, this village still sucks.

He pretty much beat you just as much. Praise become more common also when you took your lessons more seriously, however.

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

I don't understand the votes for Lanky's plan. If we get anywhere near Jalitha, the outsiders (or her) are going to grab us and not let go. We're 11 so we're not going to fight them off. If she's our mother she isn't going to leave without us, whether we want to go or not. Right now there are more of them than there are men in our village so they just have to grab us and run. If you want to stay in the village, this is a pretty bad plan.

Kyyp fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 27, 2013

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Sucrose posted:

A. I think we should tell Jalitha that we'll go with her, but plead with her to stop the strangers from attacking the villagers. Say "No, not cannibals!" to the strangers.

Whatever we do we should shout "No, not cannibals" doing it.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Vote A. Shout "No Cannibal,Sorry,Please Go, Scared, Jalitha Why?" If we can.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

PandaPropaganda posted:

A There is absolutely no way this situation is getting better at this point, pretty sure we're going with Jalitha and these folks whether we want to or not and at least the men of our village currently present are about to be killed.

This might very well be true, but that's exactly why we ought not to vote A. Going with A improves nothing, except maybe makes our kidnapping less violent, and, if Dad does end up fighting these guys off, makes us look weak in the eyes of our village.

Everybody was soooo hot on the fishing village in the original vote, are we really going to just up and abandon it now, before having gotten anything of promise out of it, or of this path? We might as well have just picked the city if that were to be the case. I really don't see a vote for A being terribly in character either; that may be beside the point, but we seem to be crafting a character that, after this, seems likely to abandon his captors and run off to go live among the trees like a monkey, for all the consistancy he's showing.

Blegh, changing my vote from B, which doesn't seem to be gaining much traction, to Not-A.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Changing my vote to Not A

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
"Maybe makes the kidnapping less violent" is a good enough point in of itself. Unless Papa can literally summon Asherah to destroy the strangers (on land!) they have the weaponry to kill everyone currently here, and still take us with them. If we go with them voluntarily, at least for the moment, Jalitha may not tell them to kill the entire village to get to us.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

HBar posted:

There's no immediate danger in staying, either.

Except we're a boy and we'll have to undergo this mysterious ritual at some point that makes us either a young adult or dinner. The tribesmen have stone tools, our guests have what appears to be bronze or iron armor and weapons. They might as well be Terminators compared to the tribe, and if a fight breaks out it isn't hard to see who will win.

Any decision that involves us staying behind in the village until we become an adult will inevitably lead to participating in a ritual that could very well get us killed and eaten.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Any vote against A is a vote for the beatings to continue

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

DCBomB posted:

Okay! Changing my vote to

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 27, 2013

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

DCBomB posted:

The beatings will continue until morale improves. Not A

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

you guys are all monsters.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

Kyyp posted:

I don't understand the votes for Lanky's plan. If we get anywhere near Jalitha, the outsiders (or her) are going to grab us and not let go. We're 11 so we're not going to fight them off. If she's our mother she isn't going to leave without us, whether we want to go or not. Right now there are more of them than there are men in our village so they just have to grab us and run. If you want to stay in the village, this is a pretty bad plan.

Okay... if we're going to start assuming what these stranger will do why assume that they're just going to grab us and run? They look to be trying to talk and give things in a friendly manner and they clearly recognize that everyone is on edge, so their leader would likely realize that just grabbing us would result in a fight and probably a few deaths. I think that the votes for Lanky's plan are cropping up because it might just diffuse the situation a little rather than result in the wounding or deaths of everyone involved.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Trundel posted:

They look to be trying to talk and give things in a friendly manner and they clearly recognize that everyone is on edge, so their leader would likely realize that just grabbing us would result in a fight and probably a few deaths.

They WERE trying to talk, but that was before they "knew" we were a bunch of cannibals, they probably don't give a poo poo about killing anyone now.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Welp, I feel like an idiot now for my 'Dad will be chill' outlook, ha.

To everyone voting for Lanky Coconut Trees plan;

While it's good, and definitely better than bailing on our people, it has some flaws, namely the fact that the situations rapidly deteriorating into a chaotic melee, the foreign dudes already reaching for us, Jalithas hysterical in that she wants out/for us to come with and the warriors are about to go phalanx on our village. Oh and Dads about to bring the rain storms too.

As much as we'd like to plant our feet and speak up with our big boy voice; We're 11, it's not going to happen, we wont even get to "We'r...." before we get grabbed, probably by the foreign dude, which will cause Dad to go even further off the deep end.

Dad might not be chill, but hes got this

Voting NOT A

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 28, 2013

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!
NOT A!

We are with the true god. We've just committed to our father. Stand at his side and see these monsters swept away by His hunger.

Also, alcohol probably -does- smell like poison to someone completely new to it.

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Trundel posted:

Okay... if we're going to start assuming what these stranger will do why assume that they're just going to grab us and run? They look to be trying to talk and give things in a friendly manner and they clearly recognize that everyone is on edge, so their leader would likely realize that just grabbing us would result in a fight and probably a few deaths. I think that the votes for Lanky's plan are cropping up because it might just diffuse the situation a little rather than result in the wounding or deaths of everyone involved.

Probably because the sobbing slave woman who speaks their language just told them that we're her son and everyone else aew cannibals and she wants to be rescued? I'd guess they're more likely to believe her than anyone else. Even if we do walk up and say "HEY WE'RE STAYING", why would they even care? We're some 11 year old primitive cannibal kid. We're not a god, or a leader, or even an adult. They have absolutely no reason to care about what we want.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Vagon posted:

NOT A!

We are with the true god. We've just committed to our father. Stand at his side and see these monsters swept away by His hunger.

Also, alcohol probably -does- smell like poison to someone completely new to it.

Alcohol is a neurotoxin. We've just found the low levels of toxicity enjoyable.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

The top 4 votes right now, are as follows:

Plan Lanky Coconut-18
A-12 (Composed of 27 votes for A and 15 votes for Not A) - Take the strangers hand and flee behind him!
D-4 - Run into the village and join the women and children and tell THEM to run!
F-Fight now, without a spear!

I will close the voting in an hour.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

We have learned important information in the IRC.

Baitel has a gate. If we go there, we can hold it.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

SerSpook posted:

We have learned important information in the IRC.

Baitel has a gate. If we go there, we can hold it.

Well gently caress ... voting A for some sweet, sweet gate holding.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A Let's get out of cannibal town.

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
Changing my vote from B to Lanky Coconut.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Oh for the love of our god.

Changing my vote from J. to D.

I will also go back to my original vote and edit it/strike my old vote through.

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
Not A. I doubt that these people are worth trusting, even if Jalitha has decided as much, and I don't think for a second life would be nearly as good with them. I mean sure, Dad hits us but with time he'll get older while we get bigger.

And if the cannibal thing turns out to be true, then hey.

What's a bit of cannibalism between family?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

Kyyp posted:

Probably because the sobbing slave woman who speaks their language just told them that we're her son and everyone else aew cannibals and she wants to be rescued? I'd guess they're more likely to believe her than anyone else. Even if we do walk up and say "HEY WE'RE STAYING", why would they even care? We're some 11 year old primitive cannibal kid. We're not a god, or a leader, or even an adult. They have absolutely no reason to care about what we want.

Except for the fact that they came here to trade, not to murder everyone within sight at a moments notice.