Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Uh guys? There's kind of an earthquake happening right now. Might want to get out of dodge first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

H and F

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
E and .

:ohdear: I want to see what will happen if we try. :ohdear:

e vote changed

treasured8elief fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 28, 2013

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
Hold on, time to get outta here!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

We need to get these people away from the village before things get worse. The tooth is our birthright (maybe) and it could be magic so we should take it.

If we go with them, we can help control the narrative once they get back to their civilization. Our people aren't savage cannibals that practice dark magic, they are peaceful fisherfolk and our dad was a dick. We likely weren't the first fisherfolk village they visited, so they know our people aren't all monsters. The best thing we can do for our people, both in this village and everywhere else, is promote the idea that our dad was a dick. Dad was an evil slave-owning sorcerer everyone in our village was afraid of, but now he's gone so they have no quarrel with our people.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

E :black101:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

We need to get these people away from the village before things get worse. The tooth is our birthright (maybe) and it could be magic so we should take it.

But they're already fleeing.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
B! WE MUST WARN THE VILLAGE ABOUT THINGS!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

toxic8aker posted:

:ohdear: I want to see what will happen if we try. :ohdear:

At best, shrugged off and forced to go anyway. At worst, skewered by the guys with actual swords for killing their King.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
OPTION H: Grab your father's giant shark tooth and THEN go with Jalitha and the outsiders as they flee!

THE TOOTH IS OURS!

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

H and F. E gets us killed, D gets Jalitha killed when she chases after us.

Also a side of G: As we flee, choke back the tears and pray to Asherah and then to El to protect us, Jalitha, and the people of the village.

Hot Yellow KoolAid
Aug 17, 2012
Grab Dad's tooth and escape into the ocean... crying!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

This hasn't really been mentioned by anyone, but Jalitha has a basket of pearls, likely the ones we dived for. I bet pearls are why they came trying to open trade too. We have a pretty marketable skill in pearl diving, and the king may allow us to keep some (or all) of the pearls if he's the honorable sort. Though Jalitha may have offered them to him in exchange for being rescued.

Either way, we might be able to have a pretty decent life where we go.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Voting E. and then strike down Jalitha. Miserable lying sea witch.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 28, 2013

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
drat, I knew those murderers were going to try and steal us away, right in front of our people, who the hell do they think they are? This King guy seems pretty potent though, don't know if it's power, or the armor he was wearing, but he certainly stood up to the lightning pretty well.

That being said, we have an obligation to our people now; another priest will be sent, Dad said, but until then we need to keep his poo poo safe. We've also been traumatized, we've just watched our father and the supreme voice of authority that we know cut down in front of us, we'd best run for the only other thing we know keeps us safe!

G: Grab the tooth and run for the ocean! Take solace in the waves, as we've done through our youth!

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Changing my vote from B to G since that seems to be the way the "don't go with them" wind is blowing.

Crudus
Nov 14, 2006

Grab the tooth, go with mom

All of you advocating to stay on the idea that that's the only way we get fish powers consider this: Jalitha could have never washed up on shore if Asherah didn't want it to happen. If he really didn't want this foreigner, who would cause chaos among his people, defile his young followers by cutting their hair, bring murderers into the tribes presence, he could have just gobbled her up. He let Jalitha live, and put her on the shore of our village for a reason.

The "a storm is coming" could have referred to this whole fiasco happening as it is right now, a message that things would seem frightening and dark but that it was what was meant for us. Perhaps our fish god wants for us to leave, taking an artifact of his power with us as a tool we will use in fulfilling our great destiny!

Crudus fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 28, 2013

cxp
Mar 27, 2010
Fun Shoe
H

Take the tooth!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Raserys posted:

At best, shrugged off and forced to go anyway. At worst, skewered by the guys with actual swords for killing their King.

At best the tooth pierces the Kings now exposed flesh and Dad's essence flows through the tooth into the King and he explodes in a visceral blast of gore and our Dad is standing in his place coated in the guts of our enemies and continues to blast people to pieces with lightning.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You fools! Who else will tell the villagers that our dad is an evil demon and that he's under attack by angry men with shiny stone hands!

Crudus
Nov 14, 2006

Also consider that earthquakes cause tsunamis. We need to get the gently caress away from the ocean.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
H. Yeah we need to gtfo, the tooth. Well it's a cool tooth, and we should use it to shave our head at some point before tossing it into a ravine.

Anyone voting E has such a case of Stockholm syndrome it just hurts to read.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Outrail posted:

Anyone voting E has such a case of Stockholm syndrome it just hurts to read.

Its not stockholm syndrome if its been our whole life!

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Voting D. to the beach/ocean AND GRAB THE TOOTH. I don't think we can fight worth a drat. We should definitely run.

Whatever we do, we should grab the tooth.

Also voting F: Time to cry. Seriously, we aew ten years old. This poo poo is too heavy.

It was nice to see our dad pull some legitimate sorcery. He should have been teaching us to shoot lightning bolts instead of how to collect drat sea shells.

And to all ye of little faith: Don't you want to see our god's wrath wreck poo poo up? I hope he comes in person.

QUESTION: Where did the basket of pearls come from? Is it normal for there to be a basket of pearls lying in a hut?

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 28, 2013

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You know what? That's actually good news for the village. Ancient sea-cultures knew about tsunamis and were aware that giant receding tides = about to get swamped.

Changing my vote to DON'T KILL ANYONE

Also:

[18:53] <somerandompaui> "Yes, the sky giants give you shiny metal arms but the fish god gives you lightning powers."
[18:54] <maxhush> well, if there were turtle gods maybe people wouldnt be jumping on the traitorwagon, lol
[18:54] <somerandompaui> "So your got just makes you a lightning rod"
[18:54] <Reign> yeah what sort of loving sky gods let their enemies toss lightening around
[18:54] <Reign> thats Their poo poo
[18:54] <Reign> obviously the sky giants are incompetent
[18:54] <ADarkerPorpoise> Spare the lightning rod spoil the child with lightning powers
[18:54] <maxhush> this is conclusive that jalithas stories about lightning are wrong, and our dads oneswere right

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
and

It is a decent time to break down and cry. However, that giant tooth is pretty awesome, and it'd be nice to have a (potentially magic-GPS tracking) memento of our childhood.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Voting D. to the beach/ocean AND GRAB THE TOOTH. I don't think we can fight worth a drat. We should definitely run.

Whatever we do, we should grab the tooth.

Also voting F: Time to cry. Seriously, we aew ten years old. This poo poo is too heavy.

It was nice to see our dad pull some legitimate sorcery. He should have been teaching us to shoot lightning bolts instead of how to collect drat sea shells.

And to all ye of little faith: Don't you want to see our god's wrath wreck poo poo up? I hope he comes in person.

QUESTION: Where did the basket of pearls come from? Is it normal for there to be a basket of pearls lying in a hut?

We gave Jalitha the pearls we got while swimming in the ocean. We're apparently a pretty decent pearl diver.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Crudus posted:

Also consider that earthquakes cause tsunamis. We need to get the gently caress away from the ocean.

Just want to quote this to highlight that running towards the coast for any reason may not be the best of ideas.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

Just want to quote this to highlight that running towards the coast for any reason may not be the best of ideas.

For ordinary folks, sure. But for the chosen one of the Fish God? I doubt it. If anything The Big Fish will take it as a sign of our devotion and be more likely to spare us from the coming destruction.

That's my theory, anyways.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

SerSpook posted:

We gave Jalitha the pearls we got while swimming in the ocean. We're apparently a pretty decent pearl diver.

...which will come in handy after puberty. :q:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
Grab the tooth and run away

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
F.

Too freaked for H.

Jorah is going to come after us. Do not greedily take the tooth, but take the tooth. For all we know, we are now the priest, powerless though we may be. Ok, fine, maybe we should take just a little taste of Dad to see what all this blood drinking is about. Just a taste! What's the big deal?

Get the strangers away from the village with minimal delay. Going to the Ocean probably gets us chased and more people die.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Canuck-Errant posted:

- we should probably grab that shark tooth. Maybe wrap it up in something. But yeah, fleeing seems like a good idea right now.

Yeah gonna have to go with H too.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Vavrek posted:

It is a decent time to break down and cry. However, that giant tooth is pretty awesome, and it'd be nice to have a (potentially magic-GPS tracking) memento of our childhood.

You cannot flee from Asherah! All is under Asherah's domain! Probably!

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Crudus posted:

Im changing my vote to and

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
:ohdear: and get the hell out!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

and with a heavy emphasis on crying.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

I doubt the king himself came out, they were more likely yelling, "FOR THE KING!"

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
H

We need our magic fish knife, and to get the hell out of here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Idiot
Mar 15, 2001
Why would you vote to join the people who executed the priest of the sea god in order to escape the wrath of the sea god? Any force of nature is only going to wipe out the poison-bearing foreign demons and their betrayal sowing witch.