Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Remember, we might have a bundle of beliefs, but we do believe in Asherah, and I think we'd probably believe that he's bound to be pretty pissed at what just happened, and those who killed his priest. Do we really want to run off with those same people, after having stolen our God's sacred symbol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Yes.

... We'll be back

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, let's get out of here.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 28, 2013

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Eh, ya know what? gently caress Asherah. I'm changing from H to and

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

reignonyourparade posted:

But they're already fleeing.

They could come back. If they consider Og one of their people trapped in the thrall of dark fish sorcerers they would have a good reason to come back.

If they come to believe that our people perform human sacrifice and cannibalism, that we have dark sorcery and are hostile to all outsiders, that isn't going to bode well for future relations. The Cannibalistic Shark Worshipers will become another kind of monster in their stories, so they won't feel bad about genociding us later as their civilization continues to grow.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

No reason. :colbert: Really. No reason.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
...actually, I'm going to change over to . The earthquake thing reminds me too much of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and the icon for A is a lot cooler than for H.

That's .

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
We're next in line for high priest, of course we take the talisman. Anyways, are we joining them, or just going along with he guys with weapons superior to sharpened sticks and stone axes?

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(
No no no! You people are insane. These assholes came into our village, fed our dad poison, and then beheaded him.

They beheaded our dad! The dude who protects the village, and Jorah, and Pagam, and Mom, and everyone we have ever known and loved (except Jalitha) from the wrath of Asherah. They just straight up killed him. We didn't come to them, they came to us.

We KNOW Asherah exists. We heard him when we were drowning and we just saw him smite a couple of dudes. We know that Jalitha can't really be trusted. She's either our mom or not, which means she's either been lying up until this point or that she's lying now. Asherah has never lied to us.

What we need to do is to unite the villages of true Asherah believers and then overthrow these arrogant, poison-feeding lunatics with their non-existant sky-giants and water-spears and show them what happens when you poison and then behead OUR DAD. Warlord style!

And the first step in that direction is to

Vote Grab the tooth, stab the murderer, then run

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

You guys might want to come to an agreement whether to vote A or H. If everyone votes for one of them, then it'l probably win, but if you people are split between A and H, then both options will lose, despite the general sentiment being that we should leave with the outsiders. Or maybe Diog will count both A and H together towards leaving with Jalitha, and take the tooth if there are more H then A votes.

e: grammar :downs:

ConfusedPig fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 28, 2013

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
reach for a carrot

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
H, could be useful somehow.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

A Darker Porpoise posted:

At best the tooth pierces the Kings now exposed flesh and Dad's essence flows through the tooth into the King and he explodes in a visceral blast of gore and our Dad is standing in his place coated in the guts of our enemies and continues to blast people to pieces with lightning.

This makes me want to vote E even harder, how cool would this be? Asherah is the god that Hungers. Him eating dudes and using them to remake his priest fits pretty well. Sadly, that's not the way the votes are trending so:

Grab the knife, and get dragged away by the murderous weirdos. Continue worshiping Asherah and the Sky Giants. Asherah will have his vengeance later. Also, remember we're only 3 years away from being considered an adult in our culture. We're more like a teenager than a kid. Don't cry, crying is for children. Be a man, show some spine.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Jesus is colourblin posted:

These assholes came into our village, fed our dad poison, and then beheaded him.

They beheaded our dad! The dude who protects the village, and Jorah, and Pagam, and Mom, and everyone we have ever known and loved (except Jalitha) from the wrath of Asherah. They just straight up killed him. We didn't come to them, they came to us.

I can't emphasize this enough

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I'm voting for and

It is time to cry and cheese it for the beach! Our dad may have been a hard man to deal with, but he was still our father and we had become more emotionally invested with him in these last few weeks. It seems our father was at peace with his decision (or at least as at peace as a guy can be while shooting lightning while getting speared) due to his meditating on the beach beforehand. He knew what was going to happen, and I wager that the prophecy doesn't involve his only son running off with the people who just murdered him.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Embrace our heritage! Just a little taste of Dad... A dab of Dad's blood... Just small taste...

Or full face blood and then just stare at the guy that killed Dad... Just hold the tooth and stare at him with our Dad bloodied face... S T A R E... We get kidnapped, just keep eyeing this guy.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Goddamnit I made sure to specify we would take a position out of reach of both those idiots. Oh well, Dad wouldn't have listened anyway. Guy was a dick. Let's do

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
It's possible that the jug wasn't "poison" after all, just something a little bitter that our village might be unfamiliar with. Alcohol, maybe?

Also, our dad channeled lightning but couldn't even outright kill dudes with it. It would have been nice to know more about Asherah and being a sea priest but I'm sure we'll move on to other interesting things. What's left of the village? Someone will want to step into the void left by our dad, it certainly won't be us. And what are the villagers to think of the half-witch, hair-cut runt that got left behind? Sadly our best option is to go with the strangers.

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 28, 2013

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Kyyp posted:

If we get anywhere near Jalitha, the outsiders (or her) are going to grab us and not let go.

Diogines posted:

You yell out in your native tongue "Wait! Calm do-" as the empty handed man grabs you, as he is very much within grabbing distance and pulls you behind him. Jalitha hugs you "Og! El has answered our prayers... don't look!"

:cool:

Voting for A. If we try to grab the tooth they might think we're going for a weapon and lop our head off too. Lets just get out of this place and go see the big city.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

RandomPauI posted:

I can't emphasize this enough

They are explorer-traders looking to discover new things/people to trade with, tried to offer wine in good faith, and beheaded dad in self-defense after he started to throw loving lightning at them.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Jesus is colourblin posted:

No no no! You people are insane. These assholes came into our village, fed our dad poison, and then beheaded him.

We KNOW Asherah exists. We heard him when we were drowning and we just saw him smite a couple of dudes. We know that Jalitha can't really be trusted. She's either our mom or not, which means she's either been lying up until this point or that she's lying now. Asherah has never lied to us.

What we need to do is to unite the villages of true Asherah believers and then overthrow these arrogant, poison-feeding lunatics with their non-existant sky-giants and water-spears and show them what happens when you poison and then behead OUR DAD. Warlord style!

And the first step in that direction is to

Vote Grab the tooth, stab the murderer, then run

Our dad beat us daily, crippled and likely raped our mother, and kept the other, gentle people of our village in terror of him. gently caress 'im.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

They are explorer-traders looking to discover new things/people to trade with, tried to offer wine in good faith, and beheaded dad in self-defense after he started to throw loving lightning at them.

He didn't start throwing lightning until the foreigners tried to kidnap us. Basically, this is all Jalitha's fault. She is acting like a total sea bitch witch.

On the other hand, dear old dad did rape Jalitha and beat her. So yeah.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 28, 2013

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
This is a hard one. If we don't go with her, we might not see her again. But at least we'll be in control of our own fate (to a point).
Would they spear a kid trying to run away? I hope not.

Daned
Jan 14, 2008

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I think it's time to get the ell out of dodge.

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
Changing my vote to grab the tooth and run towrds the ocean/beach.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Sweet monkey loving lord I cannot hold my tongue for much longer. Leave the tooth! Leave it!

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I'm voting for and

It is time to cry and cheese it for the beach! Our dad may have been a hard man to deal with, but he was still our father and we had become more emotionally invested with him in these last few weeks. It seems our father was at peace with his decision (or at least as at peace as a guy can be while shooting lightning while getting speared) due to his meditating on the beach beforehand. He knew what was going to happen, and I wager that the prophecy doesn't involve his only son running off with the people who just murdered him.

If he knew what was going to happen then anything we do right now will be part of his plan. I mean if he could see this far into the future surly he could see another few minutes and know what his son was going to do.

Edit: Unless his plan was to get poisoned by outsiders, fail to kill any of them with actual lightning and then be beheaded. If that was his plan he's either a poo poo fortune teller or terrible strategist. Either way we're either better off without him and his prophesy.

Edit:

Crudus posted:

I really doubt it was poison, probably just wine. Dio has said our village has no knowledge of alcohol.

Well yeah, I'm 99% sure it was wine, but he would have thought it was poison.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 28, 2013

Crudus
Nov 14, 2006

Outrail posted:

If he knew what was going to happen then anything we do right now will be part of his plan. I mean if he could see this far into the future surly he could see another few minutes and know what his son was going to do.

Edit: Unless his plan was to get poisoned by outsiders, fail to kill any of them with actual lightning and then be beheaded. If that was his plan he's either a poo poo fortune teller or terrible strategist. Either way we're either better off without him and his prophesy.

I really doubt it was poison, probably just wine. Dio has said our village has no knowledge of alcohol.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Sweet monkey loving lord I cannot hold my tongue for much longer. Leave the tooth! Leave it!

Your probably-not-actually-reverse psychology will have no effect on us! We are taking the tooth, and all the doom that comes with it! (Hopefully no doom at all.)

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

D and F. If we can grab the tooth also then that too. Screw these guys and their stupid sky giants! Asherah, save us!

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Outrail posted:

Just wanted to point out that we don't actually know if he was doing a prophecy thing or just praying in the surf.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
^ Either way he didn't handle that very well, and if he can read the future he _really_ didn't handle it well.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
- Time to get out of Shitstown.

Callipygian Weasel
Apr 2, 2010

by Lowtax
, or at the very least . Should probably get some in there as well, because holy poo poo.

It's sort of awesome that our dad really did have weirdo fish powers! Yeah! But we don't know the rituals to calm Asherah. It was always going to come when we were older. We're not safe in hungry fishy god's domain right now.

Later, we might be able to beg our way into training under a priest from another village. Right now, we just need to get out of here.

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

Also this, geez. There is no rational way to write the outsiders as the assholes in this situation. Their grabbing us was the spark that finally set things off, but it was plainly out of want to rescue us from a place that may or may not have rituals involving cannibalism, and either way everyone was hella hostile to them before they even heard the cannibal thing.

And this
vv

Callipygian Weasel fucked around with this message at 09:24 on May 28, 2013

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BTW, we're 11. We're still young enough to learn to read fairly easily, and young enough that that we might get an education if Jalitha has any influence. If we stay in Fishville we'll probably be illiterate for the rest of our lives.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

I can't believe you idiots trust Jalitha. In the last CYOA Narod was nothing but loyal to us right until the end, and people wanted to murder him left and right through the entire story. Jalitha on the other hand has accused our village of cannibalism, tried to kidnap us, and is partly responsible for getting our father killed.

There's no solid proof she's our mother, there's even less proof that our village are actually cannibals (has she gone on the manhood journey? no.) All we know is she wants to be rescued and wants to take us with her, so there's a pretty good chance she straight up lied to the foreigners about our village.

And gently caress these foreigners by the way. It was made pretty goddamn clear that they were unwelcome even if they couldn't understand our language, but they persisted anyway. Not only that, but they then go and kidnap an eleven year old child, murder a couple of our neighbors, and then strike our father down right in front of us as he tries to protect his son and village from foreign demons.

We should slit Jalitha's throat or crush her skull in with a rock first chance we get (to succeed and not be caught that is).

Voting

EDIT: Changed vote from not-A to not-H

Vernii fucked around with this message at 10:16 on May 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
^^ You can't be serious. Narod was planning to throw us under a wagon from the start, pretending to worship us while building up our successor. If you forget we ended up exiled at the end of the last CYOA.

The only one who got our father killed is our father. She's not kidnapping us she's rescuing us.