Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

gourd is the best person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

this..... this is my wiggles?

:lovewcc: :yaycloud:

mindphlux fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 23, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Casu Marzu posted:

gourd is the best person

He is a true trooper for people of the internet. :3:

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Pictures of the fooooood!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Got no pictures of the food, aside from a shot of the cake (I think) because the photographer did not feel it was important and I didn't really have a minute. It all disappeared really fast anyway.

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.
I'm sure it's already been posted somewhere (bartending thread?) but the wonderful people behind Natural Harvest have a new book out:

Dane fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 24, 2013

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
No thanks. I'm not edgy enough.

edit

One of my favorite restaurants in the city has some of the absolutely worst service. It's a dad, his Vietnamese mother in law, and his 16 year old daughter running the place and it's just a mad house when it gets even some what busy. Food is great, tons of smoking hot Vietnamese girls always going there for lunch, but dammit if you can get in and out in under an hour. They do banh mi, pho, etc. Not very complicated.

Zuhzuhzombie!! fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 24, 2013

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008
gently caress YEAH. I wish it wasn't 50 bucks...

http://www.homewetbar.com/sasquatch...ampaign=Product

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Aw, you both look so happy! I love her dress- very classic.

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007

Supposedly you get one about the same size at target for 20 bucks. Some SCA friends have several.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Last night, to celebrate our first night of really being able to chill out around the table back home, I roasted a leg of goat, made tortillas, made beans, and a great big salad (something I missed in the UK). It was satisfying.

Had a spectacular time on the honeymoon. Ate wonderful things. Special thanks to people who recommended great places to go etc. Steakandchips, you were a wonderful gentleman, and thanks to you.

Standout meal of the trip, though, was after hopping around the Western Isles all day and pulling into Oban on the last ferry from Mull, having the best fish ever right off the boat.

It was awesome meeting you guys! Hope to see you in London or America soon!

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

antisodachrist posted:

Supposedly you get one about the same size at target for 20 bucks. Some SCA friends have several.

Welp, looks like I need to go to Target soon so I can drink quart sized cocktails.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Drats! Next you civilians will find out the pleasure of drinking overproof rum straight and warm at dawn!

Seriously, I do have a liter size mixing glass and a quart size shaker, for events. And comedy.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
There is Chopped erotic fanfiction. :stare: I honestly don't know what else to say about that.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

bonestructure posted:

There is Chopped erotic fanfiction. :stare: I honestly don't know what else to say about that.

You can't just tease us like that.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Casu Marzu posted:

gourd is the best person

wiggles is also the best person <3<3

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

pr0k posted:

wiggles is also the best person <3<3

Your mom is the best person :getin:

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

geetee posted:

You can't just tease us like that.

The internet is so goddamned weird.

quote:

“I can’t take it any longer, Alex.”

His words sliced through the air deftly. She was crippled by his directness. Her usual strong and matter-of-fact demeanor gave way to that of a blushing teenaged girl. It was good she was sitting because her knees were weak. It took every ounce of her energy to push out 4 simple words:

“What do you mean?”

She hadn’t even finished this query before Geoffrey’s lips found themselves on hers. He placed them there carefully, deliberately, lovingly. This delicate, tender moment of affection made time stand still for Alex. Her entire body was immediately on fire. It was unlike anything she had ever experienced before. She had imagined this moment a million times over, (though she never would have admitted to doing so, even to herself) but a million fantasies couldn’t begin to live up to the real thing. She never dreamed that this moment would have been this magical. She never anticipated how intoxicating Geoffrey would smell. She never thought that something so wrong, would have felt so right.

Please, enjoy. :haw:

http://jackedtootsie.blogspot.com/2012/05/chopped-fan-fiction-chapter-1.html

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

I read this like four times before I figured out it wasn't about game of thrones.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Spoiler alert: Alex Guarnaschelli's vagina smells strongly of onions.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

pr0k posted:

She puts them there on purpose to keep Scott Conant from rooting around.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

pr0k posted:

Speaking of strongly-smelling vaginas, how's your mom?

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
This thread hasn't been grossed out in a minute.

So, I'm here to tell you not to google for "hsp-uncensored.mp4" if you value your job, sanity, wife, or god.

edit : Man I was thinking about this the other day.... what the internet was missing...

It's now complete. The project that was the internet can now end.

mindphlux fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 28, 2013

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

pr0k posted:

Spoiler alert: Alex Guarnaschelli's vagina smells strongly of onions Armenians.

:haw:

I don't know what "hsp-uncensored.mp4" is and I don't want to know. I've learned my lesson for the day.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

bonestructure posted:

:haw:

I don't know what "hsp-uncensored.mp4" is and I don't want to know. I've learned my lesson for the day.

good man. I'm not kidding about warning you not to search for it. :(

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So....what is it?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The new tubgirl I'm gonna say.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
If the internet has taught me anything, it's if someone says that a link on the internet is terrible, it's in fact 10x worse than that.

I will not be searching/clicking/snooping around no thank you very much.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Doh004 posted:

If the internet has taught me anything, it's if someone says that a link on the internet is terrible, it's in fact 10x worse than that.

I will not be searching/clicking/snooping around no thank you very much.

this is mindphlux telling you a link is horrible on the internet. :(

if a little funny

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My googling skills tell that hsp stands for harlem shake poop. I've been on the internet long enough to know to stop searching at that point.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

The guy on top just looks so happy! :haw:

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
Speaking of poo poo-flinging, Amy's Baking Company is back in the news. They served a Phoenix Business Journal reporter a martini with complimentary dead fruit flies not once, but three times. Then Samy threw them out and told them never to come back again.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

to be fair, only awful people order vodka "martinis"

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
And it was on the rocks? Since when are martinis on the rocks? Aren't they normally shaken with ice but then strained out?

(I don't drink martinis and think vodka is generally butt, hence my ignorance)

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Doh004 posted:

And it was on the rocks? Since when are martinis on the rocks? Aren't they normally shaken with ice but then strained out?

~~ahem~~ the ONETRUE martini is gin, stirred (never shaken), served straight up. :colbert:

the rest can vary.
I prefer with a twist. Used to prefer Hendricks, but I think I'm getting over it lately. Been leaning Farmer's Botanical or Junipero.

Dead Of Winter
Dec 17, 2003

It's morning again in America.

Doh004 posted:

Yeah, pretty much. A martini on the rocks is kind of odd.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
Beefeaters here.

But yeah. "Vodka martini on the rocks" = I'm too much of a pansy to just order a shot of vodka.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

All the martini talk is going to give me James Bond dreams again tonight :cripes:

Maybe they just wanted a fancy glass or some poo poo. I'm surprised Samy didn't tell them the flies were extra.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Oh, that's the house special. We breed the flies especially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

GrAviTy84 posted:

~~ahem~~ the ONETRUE martini is gin, stirred (never shaken), served straight up. :colbert:

the rest can vary.
I prefer with a twist. Used to prefer Hendricks, but I think I'm getting over it lately. Been leaning Farmer's Botanical or Junipero.

I don't think I have ever loved you as much as I do right now.