Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I hate that Phillips milk of magnesia commercial with the random lady on the bus asking "Anyone here suffer from occasional constipation, diarrhea, bloating?"

Sure, strange lady, I'd be happy to discuss my bowel movements in public with a total stranger!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Not really a huge loss. Several independent studies have shown most of the products don't do a drat thing, and the ones that do give very limited whitening, and it doesn't last. You really have to go to your dentist and get a professional whitening to see any appreciable improvement.

But if your not whitenenng, your yellowenng!!!!

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Rirse posted:

Pretty sure this ad was mentioned before, but tired of the "Bing Challenge" ads where they lucky find the world dumbest people who somehow liked that crappy search engine over Google.

I too love to look at random pictures of tacos when trying to find a place to eat. I choose Bing! :downs:

I also hate the ad for Silk soymilk that says something like 7 out of 10 people preferred it over regular milk on cereal. Bull loving poo poo. I've had soymilk on cereal. I used to regularly buy and drink Silk. It is in no way better on cereal than regular milk and there's no way in hell anything approaching 70% of respondents said so.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
There is no such thing as a soy cow. The balls on that corporation to even put their product in the same category as milk are incredible.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Thanks "Lewis Black joke from roughly a decade ago" for that stunning insight.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Aggro posted:

Thanks "Lewis Black joke from roughly a decade ago" for that stunning insight.

Sorry I didn't remember a 10 year old joke from a comedian I never did care for.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Gonz posted:

Sorry I didn't remember a 10 year old joke from a comedian I never did care for.

Ooh, tell us the one about turkey bacon next!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Ooh, tell us the one about turkey bacon next!

Turkey bacon is loving delicious.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Gonz posted:

Turkey bacon is loving delicious.

Yes it is.

The HTC One commercial really needs to stop. Turn up the lights! Turn up the lights, turning up the lights the lights the lights that light the lightsjh lkhsdfsurd ousdlkksdh. Not you can take your phone into a public place, and entertain your two friends while irritating the surrounding masses with your amusing choice of music.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Anybody see that razor/trimmer commercial where the guy starts off all scruffy and then gets more and more respectable looking and says things like "I'd hire me" amd "I'd date me" until at the end he is clean shaven and he says "I'd gently caress me". It's so obnoxious and disgusting.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 days!)

Black called it "Soy Juice", which is a much more appropriate name for it.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Leon Einstein posted:

Anybody see that razor/trimmer commercial where the guy starts off all scruffy and then gets more and more respectable looking and says things like "I'd hire me" amd "I'd date me" until at the end he is clean shaven and he says "I'd gently caress me". It's so obnoxious and disgusting.

God yes. Those annoy the poo poo out of me. There's one (yeah, there's more than one) with a guy that eventually ends up looking like a gigantic, punchable rear end in a top hat and every time it airs all I can think is "NO ONE WANTS TO gently caress YOU, SHAVE THAT poo poo.

Worse still, if you pay attention, they're shaving their body hair as well. Just stop it. Now.

The other commercials that are currently annoying me are the match.com commercials. No bitch, your dog is not excited about your dumbass date. Shut up.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Leon Einstein posted:

There's not enough "Goodbye Horses" and dicktucking in that commercial for that guy to make that statement.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Young Freud posted:

There's not enough "Goodbye Horses" and dicktucking in that commercial for that guy to make that statement.

Only because they cut the commercial short just before they show the hole in the ground with the fixing-to-be-skinned-alive chubby girl. They're being tasteful!

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

"[u posted:

another goddamn commercial[/u]" post="415754584"]
the lights the lights the lights that light the lights the lights the lights that light the lights the lights the lights that light the lights the lights the lights that light the lights the lights the lights that light the lights the lights the lights that light the lights the lights the lights that light the lights the lights the lights that light

Oh my god that loving song is back and in another commercial?! For gently caress's sake.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

fizzymercy posted:

God yes. Those annoy the poo poo out of me. There's one (yeah, there's more than one) with a guy that eventually ends up looking like a gigantic, punchable rear end in a top hat and every time it airs all I can think is "NO ONE WANTS TO gently caress YOU, SHAVE THAT poo poo.

Worse still, if you pay attention, they're shaving their body hair as well. Just stop it. Now.

The other commercials that are currently annoying me are the match.com commercials. No bitch, your dog is not excited about your dumbass date. Shut up.

I'm a somewhat hairy dude, so everytime I see a guy on TV or a movie with absolutely no chest hair I roll my eyes like crazy. I don't care if people waste their time doing so, but if people didn't know better they'd think that is how most men look.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

trunkwontopen posted:

Yes it is.

The HTC One commercial really needs to stop. Turn up the lights! Turn up the lights, turning up the lights the lights the lights that light the lightsjh lkhsdfsurd ousdlkksdh. Not you can take your phone into a public place, and entertain your two friends while irritating the surrounding masses with your amusing choice of music.

That band sounds just as lovely turned toward the screen as they are turned away.
I'm not sure what point they're even making there though, because it would depend on which way the amps they're using are pointed anyway.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

K-Mart done it again with their Big Gas savings. I love it!

Waiting for the sofa king...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gaunab posted:

I'm tired of hearing I Love it by Icona Pop. It's appearing in more and more commercials.

Its such a great example of nobody caring what the lyrics of the song are so they can blare the phrase "I love it" over and over again. Good god is it hilarious though that a song about destroying material possessions is pushing like what, 4 different products right now?

I'm waiting for it to show up in a car commercial.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Barudak posted:

Its such a great example of nobody caring what the lyrics of the song are so they can blare the phrase "I love it" over and over again. Good god is it hilarious though that a song about destroying material possessions is pushing like what, 4 different products right now?

I'm waiting for it to show up in a car commercial.

Could be worse, Apple has used two songs about oral sex to sell iPods.

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme
CCR's "Fortunate Son" used in a commercials because if you truncate the lyrics, it sounds like a patriotic song. (It's an anti-war song about rich, privileged kids not having to fight in Vietnam, while the rest of us do)

Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life" used in a "Rugrats" movie & Cruise ship ad campaign. (It's about being a heroin junkie)

I'm sure there are many more examples.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
The single most infuriating lyrical mismatch has to be Garnier Fructis using the Transplants' 'Diamonds and Guns' to hawk shampoo. Because nothing's better for hair than heroin, right?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Nerdfest X posted:

CCR's "Fortunate Son" used in a commercials because if you truncate the lyrics, it sounds like a patriotic song. (It's an anti-war song about rich, privileged kids not having to fight in Vietnam, while the rest of us do)

Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life" used in a "Rugrats" movie & Cruise ship ad campaign. (It's about being a heroin junkie)

I'm sure there are many more examples.

The Clash's "London Calling", a song about nuclear war, being used in a Jaguar commercial.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I think its easier to just say all songs used in all commercials throughout the history of the universe.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Spotify has a pair that are driving me insane. I'm a cheapskate, so I have the free service. Lowe's has two Memorial Day ones "this is our time" and is this peppy rah-rah bullshit thing about saving $30 on a $199 grill. Die.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

GE using a song about how lovely being a coal miner is to promote their coal energy technology might be the worst offender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ueDHn2HTk

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Arschlochkind posted:

I also hate the ad for Silk soymilk that says something like 7 out of 10 people preferred it over regular milk on cereal. Bull loving poo poo. I've had soymilk on cereal. I used to regularly buy and drink Silk. It is in no way better on cereal than regular milk and there's no way in hell anything approaching 70% of respondents said so.
Maybe they went to a hemp/vegan convention to take the survey.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Spotify has a pair that are driving me insane. I'm a cheapskate, so I have the free service. Lowe's has two Memorial Day ones "this is our time" and is this peppy rah-rah bullshit thing about saving $30 on a $199 grill. Die.

There's that one that's like "This is the best day of my liiiiiife" - I'm sorry but if I'm doing yardwork on a Saturday it is not in fact the best day of my life.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

mearn posted:

GE using a song about how lovely being a coal miner is to promote their coal energy technology might be the worst offender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ueDHn2HTk

Next up is someone drinking themselves to death to the tune of "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive"!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Do promos for upcoming TV shows count as ads?

Well, the promo for Tyler Perry's new show on OWN should count.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PvSt2E-sFk

"Not just funny, Tyler Perry funny".

So, not funny?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Axe's "Shower like a Hero" body wash ad is driving me insane.

1) The score feels like a flagrant rip off of some of James Horner's music for the Star Trek movies (of course Horner steals a lot himself so for all I know it actually is him.)

2) They are running it ALL THE GODDAMN loving TIME, piggybacking it in EVERY commercial break on Syfy alone.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

That Falling Skies ad where the guy yells "COVER!" 20 times has ensured I'll never try to watch that show.

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme
Ice coffee is black, so is ice cold cola. Since both these are good that makes the new Guinness which is black automatically good? The new asphalt in my driveway is black, so is that hotdog I forgot and left on the grill.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
That drat 1800 tequila commercial where it "pours you a shot" is back, and it still makes no sense.

If you pour the shot into the cap while the cap is still on by turning the bottle upside down, how the gently caress do you take the cap off without either:

1) Righting the bottle back up, and having the shot pour out of the cap back into the bottle

or 2) Having tequila pour onto the bar because you didn't tip the bottle back up because you're a dumbass and wanted that cap-shot?

Also, even if you do it the way it would work and pour the tequila into the cap to get a shot, that's nasty, don't put your mouth on the cap that goes back on the bottle. I don't care that the alcohol will likely kill any germs, it's just gross on principle to put your mouth on things other people might drink.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

DrBouvenstein posted:

That drat 1800 tequila commercial where it "pours you a shot" is back, and it still makes no sense.

If you pour the shot into the cap while the cap is still on by turning the bottle upside down, how the gently caress do you take the cap off without either:

1) Righting the bottle back up, and having the shot pour out of the cap back into the bottle

or 2) Having tequila pour onto the bar because you didn't tip the bottle back up because you're a dumbass and wanted that cap-shot?

Also, even if you do it the way it would work and pour the tequila into the cap to get a shot, that's nasty, don't put your mouth on the cap that goes back on the bottle. I don't care that the alcohol will likely kill any germs, it's just gross on principle to put your mouth on things other people might drink.

A friend and I tried this a couple of years ago and yeah it just spilled everywhere.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

DrBouvenstein posted:

Maybe it's one of those squeeze bottles?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

You're supposed to pour it when it's three-quarters empty or less. Otherwise, when you level it to pull the cork and cap out, it'll spill. The hole in the cork should be small enough to not allow the cap to spill when you take it off.

It's still pretty stupid.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

I hate those loving commercials, but to be fair, if you're at the point where you're doing tequila shots then sanitation is probably pretty low on your list of concerns.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Anyone who's been watching anything on Blip has probably had to deal with Home Depot's latest abortion of an ad campaign, where they're trying to cash in on the popular internet cats going around by making their own "wise cracking" internet cat. I almost didn't want to talk about it because it's so pitiful but I have to know that I'm not the only one who's putting up with this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

There's a Firestone commercial with two identical early '90s Dodge Caravans, one a sputtering jalopy and the other a clean original with Firestone tires. The jalopy is slowly parallel parking into the last parking spot on the street, and the clean Caravan just whips around the corner and does a 180º handbrake turn into the spot the jalopy was trying to get into.

Every time I see it, all I can think of is, "What a tremendous rear end in a top hat for taking that guy's spot! :argh:"