Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
A, A+C

Maybe it makes sense to be overwhelmed by the events of the day, but damnit we need some friends our age.

Hopefully Tudiya still has the weird mental link going on with us, or whatever. But Jalitha will for sure be able to chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009
A, A+C. It's always good to have friends, and the king might be able to communicate with us. The kid might help us learn words by naming the flowers and things we come across.

I don't think we'd be able to communicate very well with any of the other outsiders, and I imagine we'll have access to mom most of the time, so we can branch out here and talk to new people.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
1. Be a happy kid for once and go make a friend.

2. The king is cool, and so is our new friend. Leave mom alone for a bit, she needs some time to recover.

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

1: A. We've never had a friend before! Can't brush off the first kid to ever want to hang out with us.

2: B and C. Mom could probably use the distraction of a couple goofy kids to keep her mind off what happened today, and maybe she can help us figure out what he's saying.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

1 A
I see this kid being our bff later on.
ALSO HEY WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT IF WE HUNG OUT WITH PAGAM ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT THE gently caress THIS KID IS SHOWING US? :mad:

2 ALL OF THEM
Ok, A at least. We're gonna have to talk through Jalitha for anyone else anyway, right?

edit- changed vote

DCBomB fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 30, 2013

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy
Aight, seems like our people were actually a bunch of cannibal jerks. Apologies for the foot dragging and stubborn clinging to fishgod. I'm not sure if I'm ready to disbelieve him yet, but he's sounding more like a demon than a diety.

1. A, Let's not be a dick, we could use a friend.

2. A- not often you get to to chat with a king, and F- I anticipate another time skip soon, and talking with this dude is going to give us a good picture of what it's like to be a 20 something in this new city and what life looks like for his (our new?) people.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Talk to the king and try to learn how to speak in tongues like he apparently can.

1. A
2. A B

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

= +
You are not rude, but you are not friendly. You have a lot on your mind. Do as he asks, when you understand anyway.
E: This is basically older brother mode. Enkidel will attend to the boy Danal's needs and respect him now. He will grow up respecting us if we vote to earn it.

Aron, who seems to be the youngest of the outsider men in his mid 20s. Get the inside scoop on real life in Zepath.

The king, Tudiya. Boldness, honor and courage are things we can learn from this king.

OhYo fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 30, 2013

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
So what if he's a cannibal, its more interesting to worship a cannibal fishgod than Onegod #23412.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Aligning ourself with the kid will help keep expectations for us low. And of course we want to stay on the king's good side.

Globofglob posted:

So what if he's a cannibal, its more interesting to worship a cannibal fishgod than Onegod #23412.

We still can. We're going to spend a few years in the big city, but we can always go home when we are bigger and stronger. At which point the folks back home will probably eat us.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

2. .

New spreadsheet is up.

Canuck-Errant fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 30, 2013

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

OhYo posted:

= +
You are not rude, but you are not friendly. You have a lot on your mind. Do as he asks, when you understand anyway.
E: This is basically older brother mode. Enkidel will attend to the boy Danal's needs and respect him now. He will grow up respecting us if we vote to earn it.

Aron, who seems to be the youngest of the outsider men in his mid 20s. Get the inside scoop on real life in Zepath.

The king, Tudiya. Boldness, honor and courage are things we can learn from this king.

Ok I'm feelin this more than what I voted before.

I'm still mad that we didn't hang out with Pagam more :colbert:

Snow Job
May 24, 2006

We never had any kid friends before. This is a big deal.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
1. Oh Yo's F, Older Brother Mode

2. B. and E.

We need linguistics lessons, as well as the unique perspective a 2nd-in-command has.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
A friend!

2. +
The king can give us a lot of insight, and the kid can probably teach us a lot of things the adults take for granted, or may want to keep secret. Kids will tell us everything they know.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
A

A & C

Let's give ma a break. We aren't the only ones who've had a rough day.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Is there any point trying to talk to the adult outsiders who aren't Tudiya? If we can't understand them, I don't think we can find out any interesting information/wisdom.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Voting
#1 : A + F - Show your new friend the tooth.
#2 : A + C - Also try and think thoughts at the king. See if we have the Shining.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 30, 2013

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

OhYo posted:

= +

Voting for this.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

It's good to have a friend.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

OhYo posted:

= +

Sign me up! Emotional detachment stage go. Same sentiments for vote number 2 as well.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
1: C: Not rude, but not friendly: we've never had a friend before, others have always been suspicious and mistrustful of us, and we've learned the same. We don't yet know what to make of this strange friendly kid, but we're naturally a little on edge.

2: A and C: The King is the most influential, we're nervous, but curious, so speak to him when we can summon up the courage. He seems able to understand us, after all, so that's a big plus. Not sure what to think of "mom" right now, but since the little kid, Danal, is hanging around so incessantly, we can talk to him too, from time to time.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

1. - Let's have some boundaries here, eh?

2. &

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

1. Plan OhYo.
2. and

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Question 1: A

Question 2: A and C.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Awe don't know poo poo about being friends, but we also don't know poo poo about being a prick to friends either. I think this lil dude may be the prince in any case.

A Tudiya, good reasons given by others.

You seem to have two E's I stead of an H for silence.
H some silence and see if anyone comes and talks to us.

Have we ever seen anyone as old as the old guy before?

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Eryxias posted:

A friend!

2. +
The king can give us a lot of insight, and the kid can probably teach us a lot of things the adults take for granted, or may want to keep secret. Kids will tell us everything they know.

This.

Also, I'd just like to note that I voted for Asherah AND El worship way back when, and I'm still okay with that. Our old village was full of cannibals and worshipped a cannibalistic Leviathan-thing, but we're currently on the way to worshipping Old Testament Yahweh. He may well be the One True God, but after we see how he deals with disbelief, it'll be just like home.

We have a choice between a FishGod that will drown your village if you disobey him, and a OneGod that will drown the world if you disobey him.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
1.Option A
2 A&B

First friend! Huzzah! Do we happen to have any shells on us Diogines? We could show them as a gift to this youngster, who could very well be one of the King's own sons, though don't give him the shark tooth because he's likely to cut the poo poo out of himself. While we won't spend any great amount of time talking to him let's be friendly and co-operative.

Let's first ask if we can meet the King for a while, we don't know how this society works and whether the king is held in any kind of reverence like our not-Dad was. If Jalitha-Mom says yes then let's approach the King. Like not-Dad he is clearly more than a mortal man and it's certainly possible that he knows that he was directly translating for us. Jalitha didn't really seem to get what we were talking about, so let's go straight to the source. Ask him how we understood him, if he can understand us, thank him for our name because it is one of honour from the stories, but ask if we really seem so wild?

As for Jalitha let's just spend time with her to figure out where we're going. Let's fin out what kind of place we'll be in this new society. Will they have need of priests? What will she do? Are they by the ocean because we still like to swim? Though she isn't from this city place does she know anyone there?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. A
2. A & E

Tudhalias
Sep 7, 2009
1. B
2. A and B

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
1. A
2. A & C

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
1. A
2. A, C

Let's find out more about our potential friend, and possibly ask how the king speaks our language.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
1.C. Don't be a pushover guys. Let's not give horsey rides to this strange kid.
2.A and D. Want to talk to the servant, see what ordinary, non-king people are like in this new, awful society.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Are we still just carrying the big tooth? May want to put that somewhere safe. Or at least cover it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XOXO
Mar 8, 2013

Ask me about being weaker than a 60 year-old British woman.

2. +